HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

jordin tootoo

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2005, 12:58 PM
trenton1
Paille Good

vCash: 500
Even though it's mostly the same handful of posters going at it...we're about 8 pages into a thread about Tootoo. If it garners lots of discussion it might just have some sort of entertainment value, no? I mean just waiting for Tootoo to "get his due" must keep some watching. I have no firm belief in this whole thing, but I will say this: Sean Avery (can't believe he hasn't been mentioned here) gets MY attention every single time the Kings play. Sometimes I'm marveling at his effectiveness in drawing penalties, other times his blatant stupidity, and still other times I'm thinking it's time for someone to shut him up with a haymaker. So I watch to see how it unfolds. Either way it has some entertainment value and I don't mind the pest at all. I haven't seen Tootoo much but if he is Ulf dirty--going after knees or hitting from behind--that is a different story, I can't respect that. It sounds to me that Tootoo breaks some "codes" though (not squaring off, etc..). But rather than get too upset about that, I'd be more interested to see how/who responds to that. And Tootoo's his futility as a point scorer does not bother me too much...he's a cog in a wheel moving forward if he gets Iggy off his game or puts him the box. It's frustrating for the opponents and their fans but it eventually creates rivalries and "love to hate" situations and that's actually a pretty fun scenario for a fan on either side.

Old
01-17-2005, 01:15 PM
GoBoltz56
Mantha's Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
you're right. 5'9 Tootoo should have fought someone 8 inches taller and 40 pounds heavier than him, you know, proved he was a man.
Bootland is 2-3 at the inches, at the most, taller than Tootoo and weighs less....

Old
01-17-2005, 01:38 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Quote:
you're right. 5'9 Tootoo should have fought someone 8 inches taller and 40 pounds heavier than him, you know, proved he was a man.
Bootland is the skinny punk that Turtled to Tootoo last year and got Tootoo a penalty while Bootland smiled all the way to the Detroit bench hmm. payback?

Old
01-17-2005, 02:07 PM
jacketracket*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly
Bootland is the skinny punk that Turtled to Tootoo last year and got Tootoo a penalty while Bootland smiled all the way to the Detroit bench hmm. payback?
Priceless!

To borrow a line from all the Tootoo-tooters, Bootland "was just doing his job", in drawing a PP for his team. He out-Tootooed Tootoo, so now he's the punk.

Old
01-17-2005, 02:13 PM
hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacketracket
Priceless!

To borrow a line from all the Tootoo-tooters, Bootland "was just doing his job", in drawing a PP for his team. He out-Tootooed Tootoo, so now he's the punk.

why is it priceless. Bootland turtled against Tootoo last year, so why wouldn't Tootoo do the same to him?

Old
01-17-2005, 02:19 PM
jacketracket*

Quote:
why is it priceless. Bootland turtled against Tootoo last year, so why wouldn't Tootoo do the same to him?
It's priceless simply because it's ironic.

A typical Tootoo-poo pooer's complaint is that Tootoo is a "punk" who cheap-shots and won't fight the legitimate fighters. To which the Tootoo-tooters respond that he's just doing his job, to draw others into taking penalties and putting his team on the PP.

Sounds like Bootland out-Tootooed Tootoo.

Old
01-17-2005, 02:39 PM
trenton1
Paille Good

Quote:

A typical Tootoo-poo pooer's complaint is that Tootoo is a "punk" who cheap-shots and won't fight the legitimate fighters. To which the Tootoo-tooters respond that he's just doing his job, to draw others into taking penalties and putting his team on the PP.

good wit!

Old
01-17-2005, 03:27 PM
Hockeycanada*

I actually thought Tootoo played quite well in the first round series verses Detroit last year from the games I saw. When he was on the ice he was making big hits, creating a lot of energy and even created a few scoring chances.

I wouldn't mind Tootoo playing on my team anyday.

And this is coming from a Calgary Flames fan.

Old
01-17-2005, 05:23 PM
hillbilly

Quote:

it would seem that Tootoo was the one doing his job in the latest round

Old
01-17-2005, 05:40 PM
jacketracket*

Quote:
it would seem that Tootoo was the one doing his job in the latest round
I don't follow Tootoo or Milwaukee enough to care, much less to know what happened when. I simply enjoyed the delicious irony in your post.

Old
01-17-2005, 06:02 PM
Coffey77

Quote:
Bootland is only about 6'1" 200. Roughly. And he's not a big time heavyweight fighter. He's a middleweight at best.

I mean it's not like Bootland is Oliwa or Worrell.

Old
01-17-2005, 07:41 PM
Pred303

Tootoo started out the year weakly for the ads,but the last 12 games after being moved from the ad's 4th to their 3rd line he has 3 goals and 2 assists in those games and has picked it up quiite a bit. His 134 penalty minutes have included 8 and three game misconduct 10 minute penalties and one match misconduct that have inflated those penalty minutes enormously.It not like he's not drawing as many powereplays as he's giving up as some will have you to believe. He's now actually starting to get some pk and even some small pp time as the ad's try to help develop his overall game for the preds. And to be honest,he's playing pretty well right now and contirbuting to the ad's winning 7 of their past 8.

I completely understand anyone that is not a pred fan hating the kid,i'd hate him too if he played for anyone else.I've seen him do some things i've had to scratch my head over even as a pred fan,but bottom line he still remains an excellent potstirrer. Some doubt his chances(even among pred fans) to ever be anything other than a 4th line troublemaker,and that might be true. Even if his offensive game never advances beyond where it is now,as long as he can get the other guys more worried about killing him than playing their game he's valuable.

But also don't be surprised if tootoo's game doesn't advance offensively. He did put up good offensive numbers in the WHL(70+ points/30+ goals each of his last two seasons) and to be fair,was rushed straight into this 4th line troublemaking role without any time in the AHL to grow his offensive abilites. Critics have to remember this is the first time he's had since the WHL in the offensive zone almost. I'm not saying tootoo will ever be a 2nd line type player,but he's just 21 and it is possible he could grow to be a 12-15 goal scoring 3rd liner type.

Old
01-17-2005, 10:05 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
I don't follow Tootoo or Milwaukee enough to care, much less to know what happened when. I simply enjoyed the delicious irony in your post.

I think the irony was intentional, though

As for the size difference..my apologies. I got "Bootland" confused with "Boorgard"

Old
01-17-2005, 11:32 PM
hockeyfan125
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
Tootoo started out the year weakly for the ads,but the last 12 games after being moved from the ad's 4th to their 3rd line he has 3 goals and 2 assists in those games and has picked it up quiite a bit. His 134 penalty minutes have included 8 and three game misconduct 10 minute penalties and one match misconduct that have inflated those penalty minutes enormously.It not like he's not drawing as many powereplays as he's giving up as some will have you to believe. He's now actually starting to get some pk and even some small pp time as the ad's try to help develop his overall game for the preds. And to be honest,he's playing pretty well right now and contirbuting to the ad's winning 7 of their past 8.

I completely understand anyone that is not a pred fan hating the kid,i'd hate him too if he played for anyone else.I've seen him do some things i've had to scratch my head over even as a pred fan,but bottom line he still remains an excellent potstirrer. Some doubt his chances(even among pred fans) to ever be anything other than a 4th line troublemaker,and that might be true. Even if his offensive game never advances beyond where it is now,as long as he can get the other guys more worried about killing him than playing their game he's valuable.

But also don't be surprised if tootoo's game doesn't advance offensively. He did put up good offensive numbers in the WHL(70+ points/30+ goals each of his last two seasons) and to be fair,was rushed straight into this 4th line troublemaking role without any time in the AHL to grow his offensive abilites. Critics have to remember this is the first time he's had since the WHL in the offensive zone almost. I'm not saying tootoo will ever be a 2nd line type player,but he's just 21 and it is possible he could grow to be a 12-15 goal scoring 3rd liner type.
One thing I remember about him from watching Canuck vs Pred games, is he has a wicked slap shot.

Old
01-17-2005, 11:39 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuzzi21
One thing I remember about him from watching Canuck vs Pred games, is he has a wicked slap shot.
in his draft year, he won the "hardest shot" competition at the skills combine. the problem is that it's ALL he has. A 100 mile per hour slapshot doesn't do much good if you're not playing in a situation where the goalie is screened or there's some misdirection, which he's rarely in such a a situation. the hope is that he can hone some of his other shots while in the minors.

Old
01-18-2005, 12:37 AM
jacketracket*

Quote:
I think the irony was intentional, though
I see ... stealth irony!

Old
01-18-2005, 12:44 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
I see ... stealth irony!

" *chuckles* the ironing is delicious!"

Old
01-18-2005, 04:10 AM
habsfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
actually, as i said before, barnaby will happily take on heavyweights in the league...something tootoo won't do. so, that's at least two things barnaby does that tootoo won't

he's not always smart to take on the heavyweights, but he does...it's kind of funny sometimes
He's played 70 NHL games with an average of under 9mins per game... do you have some sort of hockey crystal ball that allows you to see the future games?

My point? Tootoo is young, he isn't even close to the years that a man is considered to be 'his strongest'. He has many years ahead of him.

PS - does your crystal ball tell you when hockey will be starting back up?

Old
01-18-2005, 10:49 PM
tuckerdomi

TooToo is the next Steve Webb, 4th liner up and down, is all he will be.

Old
01-18-2005, 10:57 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckerdomi
TooToo is the next Steve Webb, 4th liner up and down, is all he will be.

The irony of someone with the name "tuckerdomi" making this post is...priceless.

Old
01-21-2005, 12:53 PM
gangstajerome

did tootoo get any points this month ?

Last edited by gangstajerome: 01-21-2005 at 12:59 PM.
Old
01-21-2005, 01:05 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangstajerome
did tootoo get any points this month ?

yes, 5 in his last 10 games, and a promotion to the second PK and PP units. Glad to see your interest in him hasn't waned since you turned 14

Old
01-21-2005, 04:14 PM
gangstajerome

5 points in last ten games yes.

but my question was how many in this new year?

also....how many hattricks did he get so far in January?

did he get any game stars yet?

Old
01-21-2005, 04:32 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by gangstajerome
5 points in last ten games yes.

but my question was how many in this new year?

also....how many hattricks did he get so far in January?

did he get any game stars yet?

To answer your questions kid-o...

I think he has 4 points in 8 games this 'new' year.

He has the same amount of hattricks as the Gangsta has this year.

I have no idea about Game Stars. But I can tell you a few things I'm sure you are dying to know....

His favorite food is pizza. His favorite movie is "The Little Inuit" starring Kevin Costner and his favorite city is Tarentum, PA.

Old
01-21-2005, 06:09 PM
gangstajerome

5 goals and 4 assists this whole season.

wow, get a spot ready in the hall of fame.

Closed Thread