HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hagelin to have hearing on Sunday (UPDATE: Suspended 3 games)

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2012, 11:31 AM
Rangerfans

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
He is absolutely fragile. Dude has mush brain.
Anyone would too after the Hagelin elbow.

I like the kid, I really do. But if he gets a suspension, I wouldn't be surprised in the least, nor would I be upset with the decision either.

Do I think he intended to hurt Alfie? No.

Intent or not, you have to control your body and stick. His elbow made direct contact to the head.

I'm expecting 1-2 games.

Carkner too.

I'm not expecting anything from Phillips.

Old
04-15-2012, 11:32 AM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Look at Cally: Guy got an elbow, took some shots to his arms, kept hitting, was getting hit, nothing.

Sauer, like Alfredsson, are fragile. Honestly, had Hagelin not thrown that elbow, I still think something bad happens to Alfie.
Callahan didn't suffer a concussion earlier in the year like Alfredsson did. Also, look what happened to Staal last year, he kept on playing even though he suffered a concussion and the same could have happened to Callahan and we don't know it yet.

Now you are just letting Hagelin off the hook. Fragile or not, Hagelin was wrong. He shouldn't have gotten his elbows up. Fragility of the injured player is not something that is considered in disciplining the player, nor should it be as it is such a subjective thing.

Old
04-15-2012, 11:33 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Alfredsson had a concussion earlier in the season which makes him more vulnerable to another concussion. Zetterberg has no concussion history.

Old
04-15-2012, 11:34 AM
JayQueensNY88*

Ill def feel bad if ALlfie is hurt..I do respect the guy he is a good player..Neever runs his mouth,never dives,never takes cheap shots etc...Only time u hear of him is when he is doing something good.

But if he is out and injured,well it benefits us,so....Lets go rangers

Old
04-15-2012, 11:35 AM
Rangerfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Callahan didn't suffer a concussion earlier in the year like Alfredsson did. Also, look what happened to Staal last year, he kept on playing even though he suffered a concussion and the same could have happened to Callahan and we don't know it yet.

Now you are just letting Hagelin off the hook. Fragile or not, Hagelin was wrong. He shouldn't have gotten his elbows up. Fragility of the injured player is not something that is considered in disciplining the player, nor should it be as it is such a subjective thing.
Bingo.

Couldn't agree more.

The black and white of it is simple: Hagelin was 100% in the wrong.

Old
04-15-2012, 11:36 AM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post

It doesn't excuse what Hagelin did, but it doesn't negate Alfredsson being fragile.

And look at Staal. He suffered a concussion, when, back in December-January of last season? And he still played in all his games and in the playoffs.

Old
04-15-2012, 11:38 AM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Ramsay View Post
I really see as the Hagelin hit on Alfredsson and the Phillips hit on Callahan both as elbows to the head and they SHOULD receive the same punishment...

Now, people are saying that Hagelin is going to get suspended because Alfredsson got injured, but I have yet to read anywhere that Alfredsson is not going to be participate in the skate tomorrow or that he won't play in the game. Him not playing the rest of the game could have been just precausionary.

I feel that Hagelin shouldn't have a hearing BEFORE anyone knows if Alfie is even injured or not..... am I wrong here?
They will likely contact Ottawa, if they haven't already before they make a decision.

Old
04-15-2012, 11:39 AM
Krampus
Call me Nils

vCash: 420
The hearing is at 1 right? so when would info be released

Old
04-15-2012, 11:42 AM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
It doesn't excuse what Hagelin did, but it doesn't negate Alfredsson being fragile.

And look at Staal. He suffered a concussion, when, back in December-January of last season? And he still played in all his games and in the playoffs.
And even if Alfredsson wasn't fragile or injured on the play, Hagelin should be suspended because he targeted another player's head. The same thing applies to Phillips, Weber, etc. But, as I mentioned on the first page in this thread, the disciplinary system is flawed because the league usually only suspends if a player has been injured.

Staal suffered a concussion in late February and should have not played in those games after the concussion. Had he been shut down earlier, he probably doesn't miss the first half of this year.

Old
04-15-2012, 11:47 AM
eco's bones

His team down 1-0 in games and behind on the scoreboard Alfie would be out there if he could. Maybe he's not all that banged up--we'll see but he is a class act and a real competitor.

IMO Carkner's mugging of Boyle precipitated a lot of this. Not forgetting that Hagelin got highsticked by Kuba--he might have been on edge as well. High hits are not good. Hags ****ed up.

Rangers play best when they stick to their game. They're going to have play tough but they're going to have to be relatively disciplined doing that. Karlsson is the main target. We don't have to kill him necessarily but we need to take away his time and space.

Chris Neil is getting a lot more ice time than Rupp, Prust or Bickel. Rangers are going to have to be harder on this guy because he hits often and he hits to hurt. Konopka is a good face off guy--very tough--but shouldn't be that much of a factor.

Old
04-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
if Weber didnt get a game for slamming a players face into the glass head first, i dont see how Hagelin gets a a game although the elbow was a bad play.....Hagelin isnt a repeat offender. my bet is he gets a fine and a warning
There was no injury on the Zetterberg hit. Alfie did not come back to the game, Shanny cares about things like that AND wolski elbowed Alfie earlier in the year injuring him. There is NO way Hagelin does not get a game.

It looked like Alfie hit a rut and his body dropped down, but Hagelin's elbow was way to high and he followed through, they will suspend him and due to the fact this is a first time he gets only a game.

Old
04-15-2012, 11:49 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
It will be swift

04-15-2012, 11:51 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

I think the real issue from Shannys pov is he just let Weber off with a slap on the wrist and Weber clearly intended to hurt someone when the game essentially over.

Hags got his elbow up in the midst of spirited game play.

Carkner should get tossed for premeditated gooney.

Old
04-15-2012, 11:53 AM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
His team down 1-0 in games and behind on the scoreboard Alfie would be out there if he could. Maybe he's not all that banged up--we'll see but he is a class act and a real competitor.

IMO Carkner's mugging of Boyle precipitated a lot of this. Not forgetting that Hagelin got highsticked by Kuba--he might have been on edge as well. High hits are not good. Hags ****ed up.

Rangers play best when they stick to their game. They're going to have play tough but they're going to have to be relatively disciplined doing that. Karlsson is the main target. We don't have to kill him necessarily but we need to take away his time and space.

Chris Neil is getting a lot more ice time than Rupp, Prust or Bickel. Rangers are going to have to be harder on this guy because he hits often and he hits to hurt. Konopka is a good face off guy--very tough--but shouldn't be that much of a factor.
No one went after Neil after he fought Boyle. As big as Boyle is he cannot fight at the NHL level and he should not be fighting, if Torts gets his crap together he will address this and tell Boyle not to engage Neil, and Prust, Bickel, and Rupp need to step in to fight those battles.

The lack of physical play was very clear, what was odd was that players like Gaborik, Richards, Hagelin, and Del Zotto really stood out to me as being physical when the bigger players like Rupp, Prust, Bickel, Girardi and McD need to be more physical.

There is no reason for the Rangers to be pushed around, they haven't been all year and now is not the time to start.

Old
04-15-2012, 11:56 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post

If Chris Neil is the difference maker for the Sens..... Rangers should win. If they can't deal with Chris Neil then they don't deserve to advance.

That said I think the best player for the Rangers to match up with Neil is Dubi. Dubi is fearless and will get the better of Neil skill wise... I'm not saying to fight Neil....in fact Rangers need to be tough without the fight as far as they can go.

Old
04-15-2012, 11:58 AM
Rust Heisenberg

This is ridiculous.

No suspension would make this acceptable. None. He was finishing his check and his elbow hit Alfredsson. Actually, I would argue that Alfredsson is more at fault for his own injury than Hagelin is. Why? He didn't protect himself, he saw the check was coming.

There are some blatant hits where players are injured because another player blindsides them with an intent to injure. That's not happening here.

Compare the video from Phillips and Callahan. Callahan is defenseless as he's already being occupied from another Senator. Additionally, you can see Phillips' elbow making a distinct hitting motion. Now look at Hagelin's. Aldredsson see's Hagelin the entire way and attempts to go into a fetal position or something.

I would understand a fine. Yes. I don't understand a suspension, not even one on Phillips as well would make it fine for me. I don't even understand the 5 minute major either. Phillips got 2 minutes for a more vicious hit. He's also not receiving any type of supplementary penalty. This is the ****ing playoffs. Their coach goons it up and our players are the ones that get suspended for returning the favor or defending themselves.

As for the guy who said Alfredsson is more susceptible to concussions because he had one previously. Theoretically, that is supposed to be the case. Medically, one concussion does not affect getting another. That holds no credence.

Absolute ********* if Hags gets suspended.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:00 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Chariot View Post
If Chris Neil is the difference maker for the Sens..... Rangers should win. If they can't deal with Chris Neil then they don't deserve to advance.

That said I think the best player for the Rangers to match up with Neil is Dubi. Dubi is fearless and will get the better of Neil skill wise...
Chris Neil was in the right place at the right time yesterday, Torts needs to just have Rupp, prust, or bickel make sure to finish hits on him and watch who he is targeting, taking action if necessary. Neil has been their Matt Cooke for sometime, except he can and will actually fight. The best way to neutralize him is to have a 4th liner or Bickel fight him to keep him off the ice. If he is going to take Boyle (our best faceoff man and who has been scoring as of late) out of the game for 5 minutes its a huge advantage for the Sens.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:00 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Well best cased scenario Shanny was watching the game and takes the whole thing in context.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:04 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
Chris Neil was in the right place at the right time yesterday, Torts needs to just have Rupp, prust, or bickel make sure to finish hits on him and watch who he is targeting, taking action if necessary. Neil has been their Matt Cooke for sometime, except he can and will actually fight. The best way to neutralize him is to have a 4th liner or Bickel fight him to keep him off the ice. If he is going to take Boyle (our best faceoff man and who has been scoring as of late) out of the game for 5 minutes its a huge advantage for the Sens.
I hear ya, but Dubi actually gives Neil something to worry about defensively. Chris Neil is a pretty good hockey player all skills considered. I'd rather have him worried about his defensive liabilities with a proven threat like Dubi....Rangers need to ultimately play there game IMO.

Of course Dubi was ejected last night, so it's a null point looking back, but looking forward.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:05 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Missing Dubi last night killed us. It is a ****ing joke that he was kicked out. Refs, once again, dropped the ball.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:06 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Missing Dubi last night killed us. It is a ****ing joke that he was kicked out. Refs, once again, dropped the ball.
Totally agree... He's part of the core and especially effective in games like last night. He's going to be all over the Sens in the next game. He was so pissed and I can only imagine how he was jumping out of skin having to watch that game from the sidelines.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:08 PM
glees68
la di da di

Send a message via AIM to glees68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
Hearing's at 1:30 I do believe.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:09 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Callahan was dead tired. He played almost 30 minutes in regulation covering up for Dubinsky's lost absence n the 3rd line.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:17 PM
WeWillWinTonight

vCash: 883
I doubt Hagelin meant to injure but it was a head hit and if he got a game it would not surprise me.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:22 PM
Robs789

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
Ok so now that Ottawa fans have set the "code", tomorrow it's ok for Rupp to jump Spezza or Karlsson and pound away because they're ******* for turtling
Also if Carkner doesnt get suspended then it sets the code that we can jump players free of disciplinary action!

Closed Thread