HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Radulov's Temper

Old
04-15-2012, 10:14 AM
TradeBait

vCash: 500
Radulov's Temper

Wings fan coming in peace here, but I just wanted to know how Preds fans feel about Rad's temper? Specifically that outburst in Game 2.

Was that uncharacteristic of him, and just a one time, "in the moment" kind of thing? Or is his temper something you guys are legitimetly concerned about? Wings fans seem to think that giving him a few whakcs here and there should be enough to get him to self destruct, I don't know if this is entirely true but I mean from what I've seen of him, discipline and self control don't exactly seem to be his forte?

Do Preds management sit him down and tell him to get it under control or do they like seeing the emotion he shows?

Like to hear your thoughts

TradeBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 10:34 AM
VFL615*

Everyone is different. He is a guy who shows his feelings. I like it and am not worried about it. It is nice to see a guy who actually cares and hates to lose.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 10:48 AM
AEM6729

He's emotional. He's fiercely competitive and wants to win. There's a fine line between passion that's good to see, and being unprofessional. But I like it. He won't self-destruct from shots from the Wings. He doesn't get mad at opposing players really...he more gets mad at himself, frustrated when he can't score.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 10:51 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

I love that emotion

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 11:25 AM
ilikeblocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
I love that emotion
I do too - it's nice to see it in our forwards corps, and it sort of breaks the euro-sterotype.

ilikeblocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:16 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Radulov just has a high intensity level. I love it.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 01:11 PM
AEM6729

Maybe we praised him too soon. I'd like him to turn up the intensity in this game.

I bet the playoff games he's been used to playing in are way different than what he's facing now. Here's hoping he can adjust and turn it on beast mode instead of getting discouraged.

Old
04-15-2012, 02:09 PM
brah

that outburst over the offsides call was stupid and he was a few seconds away from getting a penalty until leggy dragged him to the bench.

he skated around the puck like he knew it was offsides but then played it??

love intensity but it has to be over the right stuff and that call was not one of them.

brah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 04:48 PM
preds1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINISHYOURMILK View Post
Wings fan coming in peace here, but I just wanted to know how Preds fans feel about Rad's temper? Specifically that outburst in Game 2.

Was that uncharacteristic of him, and just a one time, "in the moment" kind of thing? Or is his temper something you guys are legitimetly concerned about? Wings fans seem to think that giving him a few whakcs here and there should be enough to get him to self destruct, I don't know if this is entirely true but I mean from what I've seen of him, discipline and self control don't exactly seem to be his forte?

Do Preds management sit him down and tell him to get it under control or do they like seeing the emotion he shows?

Like to hear your thoughts
Think I know the play you're talking about. Clearly an offsides in Game 2 and Rads went chirping to the ref pretty hard. Watched it live at the Bridge; he was wrong and the ref made the right call.

I think it was just frustration and not his typical behavior towrds refs.
I do like his intensity though.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 04:51 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Overall, Radulov has been a disappointment to me. It doesn't really have much to do with his temper though. I've only seen 1 outburst from him and it didn't really bother me. I like his intensity, when he brings it.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 04:53 PM
wadesworld

Quote:
Think I know the play you're talking about. Clearly an offsides in Game 2 and Rads went chirping to the ref pretty hard. Watched it live at the Bridge; he was wrong adn ref made the right call.
But as a player, you don't get instant replay. He was SURE he was onside and argued it vehemently. No fault there.

I love his emotion. I hope it rubs off on our whole squad. He wants to win SO bad and wants to be a big part of it.

He hasn't scored yet, but he's been much better than NBC gave him credit for. He's been creating chances, getting some assists and had some point-blank chances that Howard was extremely lucky to stop. He also has to be accounted for at all times, giving others more space.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 05:02 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Radulov has been playing well and hustles arguably harder than anyone else. He brings attention to himself which gets others open, he had a great pass on Webers goal to AK and had a huge shift late in the 3rd when we were getting controlled.

He doesnt have the goals yet but hes been doing what he needs to and has been effective.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 05:04 PM
AEM6729

I think the main problem I as a fan had with that offsides call is that whether Radulov felt he was onside or not, the linesman clearly had his arm up to call an offsides and Radulov knew that. So he skated around the puck as if he wasn't going to play it, but then he just couldn't help himself. The whole thing was kinda immature and dumb in my opinion, especially since it was ruled an intentional offsides.

Old
04-15-2012, 08:33 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
I figured he was mad about it being call intentional. It seemed that he thought it was offside but if the ref didn't vocalize that fact and he played the puck it shouldn't be intentional.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 08:55 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
I figured he was mad about it being call intentional. It seemed that he thought it was offside but if the ref didn't vocalize that fact and he played the puck it shouldn't be intentional.
That's what I took it as. it seemed like he was more pissed at something the ref didn't make clear on that play, and the intentional must've been it. It wasn't smart, but I think there's a reason the ref didn't give him a penalty after that much abuse...he had some sort of case for it.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote