Notices

It's Time for Tyler to Step Up

Old
04-15-2012, 03:15 PM
Bruwinz37

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doakacola View Post
This is the problem with him, he has no aggressiveness to his game. Its a collision sport so if he isn't scoring or setting up he is totally useless. He totally avoids contact, almost as much as pk did.

Kessel lead the B's in scoring in his first po series, I'm not expecting that from him, but he needs to be
Top 3 Imo.
Should we still trade him for MPS??

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 04:57 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
Should we still trade him for MPS??
It was mps plus. Ask me in about 2-3 years. I'm willing to give him this year and next. If he continues to play like pk physically, u may also.

doakacola* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 05:17 PM
PandaBonJovi

Send a message via AIM to PandaBonJovi
Right now he's a one trick pony. He comes down the wing and snaps off a wrist shot........or sometimes a 1 1/2 trick pony, he'll score on a cross ice one timer.

He as no moves to beat a defenseman one on one and loses the puck constantly as his feet move too fast for his hands.

Just my opinion.

PandaBonJovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 05:20 PM
Shaun
All Aboard

Its not too late to sed Seguin and Lucic to providence for some seasoning

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 05:28 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by doakacola View Post

Kessel lead the B's in scoring in his first po series, I'm not expecting that from him, but he needs to be
Top 3 Imo.
No he didn't

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 05:37 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
No he didn't
I'll add the appropriate category, which I meant, goals. Happy?

doakacola* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 07:13 PM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazinBruins View Post
For game 3 I wouldn't mind seeing:

Lucic Krejci Seguin
Marchand Bergeron Peverley/Rolson
Pouliot Kelly Peverley/Rolston
Paille Campbell Caron

Something needs to be done to get the top 2 lines going and Thornton has no use in this series. Hopefully Quaider is back soon.

Chara Seidenberg
Ference Boychuck
Zanon McQuaid
Seguin does not deserve to be promoted or counted on to get players going right now. If anything, I dress Caron and if Lucic or Seguin come out slow then they get 4th line duty. He needs to put on his boy pants and do something.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 07:41 PM
KOHitter87

Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
Seguin does not deserve to be promoted or counted on to get players going right now. If anything, I dress Caron and if Lucic or Seguin come out slow then they get 4th line duty. He needs to put on his boy pants and do something.

I really dont think Seguins been that bad well atleast he was pretty good in game 1, game 2 he flat out sucked. Lucic is the one who needs to produce hes been in the leauge long enough that he should be producing in the playoffs now no more excuses.

KOHitter87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 07:44 PM
KOHitter87

One interesting note to show how importaint Seguin is to the team. in the 32 loses he has 12 points.

KOHitter87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 07:53 PM
Sam the Lion
**** the Habs

Segs has a crafty repertoire of actions that 'simulate' physical engagement. Head in for a check, turn and coast back-first into contact - or - head in for a check, and just barely miss but impressively hit the boards/glass. Or, make motions that resemble going at full speed into a corner for a puck, only to be just barely late. I watch these theatrics game after game.

Sam the Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 08:01 PM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
It's not really a promotion. Both lines are fairly even in talent. And Krejci is a better passer than Bergeron so Seguin may get more chances to score.

ToddRundgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 08:32 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone for your jar View Post
I think singling out players at this point is losing the forest for the trees. The skunking that's bit Seguin is shared by all but two Bruins forwards (not to mention, most of the Caps forwards including the Great Ovechkin). There's something team-wide going on (or rather not going on) here. Peverley, Marchand, Seguin, Lucic, Krejci, etc, will continue to under-perform, and nothing will change, if there isn't a collective shift in mentality and approach, and a frothing-at-the-mouth commitment to storm the barricades and take over the fortress that has been the Caps' netfront.

edit: and, without taking responsibility off our B's, we need to also credit the Caps for a great job defending.

Often the discourse here puts complete blame on the Bruins and ignores the fact that another team is out there.

The Caps are in fact playing good defense and their goalie has been good.

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 08:38 PM
toomanymen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
Why? Best forward in game 2 IMO. He looked really good out there.
This has nothing to do directly with the two of you. However reading this thread makes me realize how much we all look at these games/players with different lenses. So many different opinions on what happened when watching the same thing. Quite honestly, I love it. Especially that you are having dialogue, not argument. Cheers.

toomanymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 08:58 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasJ13 View Post
I think sometimes Seguin gets too much of a pass for being 'young' and a 'sophomore.' Here are some playoff stats and ages for some second year guys - all which had more or less the same pedigree as Seguin:

Toews (20): 7-6-13 in 17 games
Kessel (19): 3-1-4 in 4 games
Kane (19): 9-5-14 in 16 games
Van Riemsdyk (21) 7-0-7 in 11 games
Backstrom (20) 3-12-15 in 14 games
Giroux (21) 10-11-21 in 23 games

Even Lucic had 3-6-9 in 10 playoff games as a 20 year old. I'm sure somebody can come up with reasons why each and every player listed above is different than Seguin (slightly older, playing with Ovechkin, playing with eachother, etc), but the point is it's not unreasonable to expect your leading goal scorer and point getter during the regular season to provide some offense in the playoffs - the playoffs and regular season are not that different.

All of that said, it's only 2 freaking games, and NOBODY has done much offensively, so in that regard singling out Seguin isn't appropriate.
Not all with different excuses. All with ONE reason.

(With the exception of Kessel, whose four games are hardly a sample anyway... AND the same could have been said about Seguin's first four games), these players ALL played on rosters with superstar offensive talent. Toews and Kane had each other, Martin Havlat (I believe), Sharp, and an incredible transition pair in Keith and Seabrook.

There's a difference between relying on them for primary scoring... and relying on them for depth scoring. There isn't a single example that you quoted who lead their team in points during the regular season.

Yes... It sure would help if Segsy was showing a PPG presence. He isn't right now and that hurts. But if you single HIM out... You will LOSE. The Bruins need the 20-year old Seguin to provide SUPPORT. Not to lead the way. That's a job for the leaders - the vets.

Mr. Make-Believe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 10:54 PM
Sam the Lion
**** the Habs

How old is Couturier again?

Old
04-15-2012, 11:48 PM
Nightslyr

Send a message via AIM to Nightslyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
Not all with different excuses. All with ONE reason.

(With the exception of Kessel, whose four games are hardly a sample anyway... AND the same could have been said about Seguin's first four games), these players ALL played on rosters with superstar offensive talent. Toews and Kane had each other, Martin Havlat (I believe), Sharp, and an incredible transition pair in Keith and Seabrook.

There's a difference between relying on them for primary scoring... and relying on them for depth scoring. There isn't a single example that you quoted who lead their team in points during the regular season.

Yes... It sure would help if Segsy was showing a PPG presence. He isn't right now and that hurts. But if you single HIM out... You will LOSE. The Bruins need the 20-year old Seguin to provide SUPPORT. Not to lead the way. That's a job for the leaders - the vets.
Well said. I do agree that Seguin's board work is horrid, however. It's so bad, it makes me wonder if he ever had to do it in juniors. He's unnaturally timid with that part of his game.

Nightslyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:14 AM
BamBamCam*

Are threads like this created because the Red Sox mentality of blaming one person for failure is so ingrained in Red Sox fans watching hockey?

Why do Boston fans search for scapegoats and ramble about it for days weeks and months for no reason?

Relax, it's game 3 tomorrow in a tied up series. I am sure their have been 1000s of series's that were tied at 1 to 1 before and the team you are rooting for won it in the end.

BamBamCam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:30 AM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
You either A. missed my sarcasm or B. played along with me to a T haha
Yeah I was playing along, didn't seem like it though know that I read it over, lol.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:32 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delbert Grady View Post
How old is Couturier again?
19, and I'm with you on that one

KnightofBoston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:38 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Arrrrggggg those pink hats all have Seguin jerseys and he cost Kelly the 7th player award! Its his fault and Lucic's fault because the pink hats love him too. But it can never be Krejci's or Bergerons fault because they are for the hardcore fans!

What a joke this place is some times.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:45 AM
reffree

I don't expect Seguin to lead the team to the cup, the Bruins are a team where scoring is spread on, it's not one guys fault if the teams doesn't score right now. Caps have come with a system that shut up B's offense, Claude will find something and the team will adjust. But the way the Caps wait and wait and wait ... there's no way the B's score 4-5 goals unless Holtby gives some softy. If they could score a couple early to force the Caps to open it a bite ...

All I want for our foward right now is a playoff compete level and Seguin isn't there right now. Some critizise Krejci because he's manhandeled, but he is because he's fighting in traffic area. I would like Seg's to do that too, like Krejci we all know he's no Lucic in strengh, but please, just try a little.

reffree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:14 AM
Nightslyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
19, and I'm with you on that one
My mother could score against Pittsburgh right now.

Old
04-16-2012, 01:52 AM
Sam the Lion
**** the Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightslyr View Post
My mother could score against Pittsburgh right now.
. . .

Last edited by Sam the Lion: 04-16-2012 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Tasteless. No reason to bring his mother into this.
Old
04-16-2012, 02:29 AM
Nightslyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delbert Grady View Post
. . .
Pittsburgh has surrendered 20 goals in three games. That's putrid. It's also something to take into account when trying to compare Seguin's performance to Courturier's. The situations are far from equitable.