Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

It's Time for Tyler to Step Up

Old
04-16-2012, 02:08 PM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

vCash: 500
My oh my has this thread snowballed. Singling out Seguin? Come on people. Marchand has been terrible, every shot is at the caps logo from him, and he's had the best chances. The "first line" has been god awful, Peverley has been a ghost. Looch has had his moments, but thats being kind. Krejci consistently has been thrown out of the faceoff circles and has made some bad decisions in the offensive zone.

For the sake of not getting on a rant, i think the point is, when you've scored 1 regulation goal in 120 regulation minutes, there's a whole group of people to blame, not just 1. Do i think Seguin needs to step it up? Absolutely, he has the most potential out of anyone to really score a goal. But again, that being said, everyone needs to step their game up.

Bruins Stooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:18 PM
missingchicklet

We're only two games in. The whole team is struggling offensively. Tyler is playing within a fairly strict system. Tyler has very little playoff experience. No way should he be singled out. His time will come and when it does everyone will be saying they knew all along he would be a great playoff contributor.

missingchicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by doakacola View Post
I DON'T want to bench him, but I sure as hell expect him to demonstrate an NHL playoff compete level. He needs to man-up starting tonight at 7:30PM. I don't want to see him doing drivebys on the boards the rest of the PO. i've seen it once or twice already in this series and thats once or twice too many. I honestly thought he would move past this after last years PO where in analyzing his play he appeared to make huge strides. However, I don't like the drivebys I've seen.
This is a good point. Last year I was remember being impressed with his compete in the playoffs, he even threw a few hits and was consistently getting into the board battles. The first 2 games he has been disengaged and avoided puck battles, he has done several drive bys. Hope its just a funk, the Bruins need him to get more into the game and I bet if he does he will generate more offense, we know he has the ability to do that.

Random Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:53 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
So his deficiencies are a lack of heart and a lack of jam. I guess I'd cede both, though I think the heart will come a bit more with age and size. It seems once again folks can't separate themselves from pro athletes to think about what it must feel like to be basically a freshman in college and have to deal with this level of physical play.

But let's cede those "deficiencies". Now factor in that he has elite speed, elite quickness, an elite shot, an elite release, great hands, excellent vision, and he's getting bigger.

I'll bet you whatever you want that this kid has 80+ points for at least 8+ years in his career. You name the price.

Passes pretty well too.

Alan Ryan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:56 PM
badbrewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingchicklet View Post
We're only two games in. The whole team is struggling offensively. Tyler is playing within a fairly strict system. Tyler has very little playoff experience. No way should he be singled out. His time will come and when it does everyone will be saying they knew all along he would be a great playoff contributor.
Yes and no. I can forgive lack of production when the work ethic is there, but it hasn't been the case with him. To make matters worse, it's the unforced errors and mental blocks that have me cursing the guy's name. Fanned shots, blind passes, giveaways...yuck.

badbrewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 06:37 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbrewin View Post
Yes and no. I can forgive lack of production when the work ethic is there, but it hasn't been the case with him. To make matters worse, it's the unforced errors and mental blocks that have me cursing the guy's name. Fanned shots, blind passes, giveaways...yuck.
Do you have any idea what kind of work ethic the kid has, what he does off the ice, how hard he works out, and what he accomplishes during practice?

If you do I apologize, but frankly I think you're just blowing smoke up my ass. Everything I've ever read about Seguin has pointed to the exact opposite, that he's dedicated to working hard and bettering himself on and off the ice.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 06:39 PM
GloveSave1
- 1 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confound View Post
Seguin and Peverley both look terrible, absolutely terrible. The other 4 in the top 4 aren't playing so good either.

Time to mix it up, because, quite frankly, 2 goals in 2 games ain't gonna get it done. That whole top 6 needs a shakeup.
Yeah, would love to see more from Pevs. Pretty invisible.

How 'about everyone dial it up a notch?

Make it clear who owns this series. If everyone pulls their weight offensivley...we're capable of that.

GloveSave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 06:39 PM
fredars

This is only his second year... yet you make it sound like if he doesn't score a hat trick every game he's bunkers.

fredars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 08:54 PM
MAINE-IAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredars View Post
This is only his second year... yet you make it sound like if he doesn't score a hat trick every game he's bunkers.
Tylers biggest problem is his age. He needs to get stronger.the playoffs are much more physical and to me he is getting out muscled. It's not entirely his fault. It takes a few years to reach maximum peak strength as an adult.

MAINE-IAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:09 PM
Bruwinz37

13 mins of ice time tonight, lots and lots of lost 1 on 1 battles. He isnt yet dominant offensively to have that type of hole in his game.

I doubt Julien benches him, but he will limit his exposure.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:12 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Seguin to self "enter zone take a weak wristshot into Holtby's glove....rinse and repeat"

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:40 PM
Kiss My Rask
VGHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
Seguin to self "enter zone take a weak wristshot into Holtby's glove....rinse and repeat"
we need more:

Kiss My Rask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:47 PM
Bruins4Lifer
HFBoards Sponsor

Definitely been the Bruins weakest player in the top 6 so far. If the Bruins had lost tonight, I bet we would have saw him scratched for the next game.

Bruins4Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 03:13 AM
bigcat188

Two games non factor, he is what he is not yet prime time player.

bigcat188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 05:55 AM
bostone737

i'm so glad we have 2 4th lines picking it up when our first 2 don't produce

but ya, would be nice to see seguin get going, along with lucic, krejci, and marchand

bostone737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 07:21 AM
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
He's so tentative out there right now, wish he would have scored last night on that shot off the post, I think it would have worked wonders for his confidence.

TMac21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 07:28 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcat188 View Post
Two games non factor, he is what he is not yet prime time player.
2 games and a non factor and this is the body of work you`re using to judge him by??? Sorry, I`m happy to agree that he hasn`t produced nor played great, but the 5 million dollar man playing 1st line center is far more of a concern than a kid who is now being given a fair amount of attention from opponents looking to shut that line down.

This is a learning experience for the kid, and he`ll grow and learn from it, it`s alot easier finding open ice when the opponent isn`t focused on you (see the few games against T-Bay last year), but once you`ve established yourself as a relatively legit offensive threat, the opponents start formulating a game plan to counter yours, and right now, the kid is seeing it, Marchand too.

Is he ready for Prime Time??? I`d say so, he`s learning what it takes to play playoff hockey when you no longer just another fast kid with potential.

I thought that this was Marchand and Seguin`s best game so far, little to show for it but far more involved, I watch for the little things, and his puck pursuit was far more assertive, solid angles, willing to at least engage in contact, small steps, but important one`s

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 09:50 AM
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
2 games and a non factor and this is the body of work you`re using to judge him by??? Sorry, I`m happy to agree that he hasn`t produced nor played great, but the 5 million dollar man playing 1st line center is far more of a concern than a kid who is now being given a fair amount of attention from opponents looking to shut that line down.

This is a learning experience for the kid, and he`ll grow and learn from it, it`s alot easier finding open ice when the opponent isn`t focused on you (see the few games against T-Bay last year), but once you`ve established yourself as a relatively legit offensive threat, the opponents start formulating a game plan to counter yours, and right now, the kid is seeing it, Marchand too.

Is he ready for Prime Time??? I`d say so, he`s learning what it takes to play playoff hockey when you no longer just another fast kid with potential.

I thought that this was Marchand and Seguin`s best game so far, little to show for it but far more involved, I watch for the little things, and his puck pursuit was far more assertive, solid angles, willing to at least engage in contact, small steps, but important one`s
Think Seguin got the message, he was much better at finishing his checks last night. Still needs to calm down when he has the puck, seems too hyper.

Shoebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 11:08 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Password is Taco View Post
we need more:

yes we do.

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 12:54 AM
gillesgilbert

As great a shot as that was Tyler scored from a terrible angle ,not something he is going to do with any regularity.He is shooting from too far out and at bad angles the last three games .

gillesgilbert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 02:13 AM
Sam the Lion
**** the Habs

Kid makes Richard Simmons look like Bob Probert.
If he was any softer, his name would part of the ingredients on a roll of Charmin. He just absorbs less.
If he gave away any more pucks, they would be emblazoned with the logo of a Bruins charity.
If any more plays died on his stick, the CDC would investigate in hazmat suits . . .

I think he will be fine. He was truly finishing his checks all night - and not with his signature at the Foxwoods lounge.

Sam the Lion is offline   Reply With Quote