HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF: #2 Boston Bruins v. #7 Washington Capitals Part II

Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2012, 09:55 PM
tycoonheart

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
Any of you guys up for an avatar bet on game 7?
People here have already started drawing up roster for next season.

Old
04-23-2012, 09:56 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
Does he have 3 brothers?

Old
04-23-2012, 09:57 PM
RedeyeRocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
Sorry I haven't read your thread. Are you saying people think the Caps are going to lose? Caps have already won twice in Boston, and Bergeron is hurt. At best this is 50-50. Wow people on our board are just as nervous.

I don;t get it, it's a simple avatar swap. People take these pretty seriously! I'm just doing it for fun.

Old
04-23-2012, 09:57 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Katie, Whyno, you lurkers, do we have to type it up for you?

Dale, Aucoin has been a great addition to the roster since the deadline. But I am curious why you choose to use him over Alex Semin on the PP in game 6. Semin had barely been used in that game. Also, I was surprised to see your smallest forward in the crease over guys like Laich, Brouwer, and Knuble. Thanks.

Dale, Mike Green seems to be having a strong series. No ESGA, got his first goal in some time, leading the team in +-. Yet I noticed he only had 17 TOI last game. Is he injured, what's going on there, is it all matchups? Have you considered increasing his role in any way, like giving him PP time?

Dale, Wideman has been on the ice for quite a few ES goals this series, maybe all, sorry I need to check my notes, even though he is already averaging well under 20 minutes a game. Have you considered making any changes there?

George doesn't give out privileged info anyways, and you may gain his respect. You wont get fired, in fact your boss may be stunned to see how many hits you get.

Don't make me make my first tweet to put the pressure on.
<snicker>

I e-mailed a stat to that fella Greenberg <sp> a long time ago which he happily tweeted. Since then I've e-mailed other "revealing" stats and he's headed for the hills -don't want to upset the apple cart.

Humorous to watch. DON'T ASK PROBING QUESTIONS.

Old
04-23-2012, 10:16 PM
Ovechkins Wodka

Quote:
last i checked this site is hockeys future...

Old
04-23-2012, 11:02 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...=899&id=174285

Old
04-23-2012, 11:07 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
Quote:
Not really... I'm an optimist and I think I'm the one who started the debate on the replacements next year in this thread, some guy just came in out of no where and posted something about he hopes they lose and they blow up the team. I just pointed out the first line and second line are pretty solid with Kuznetsov coming over next year and Semin being resigned.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:26 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Sorry I haven't read your thread. Are you saying people think the Caps are going to lose? Caps have already won twice in Boston, and Bergeron is hurt. At best this is 50-50. Wow people on our board are just as nervous.

I don;t get it, it's a simple avatar swap. People take these pretty seriously! I'm just doing it for fun.
You really have no idea how badly we're gonna choke do you?

Ah, the joys of not being a caps fan.

Old
04-24-2012, 01:13 AM
NeilYoung

Quote:
Katie, Whyno, you lurkers, do we have to type it up for you?

]
Don't ask anything besides useless stories on the other teams players from Whyno. Anyone who writes the majority of there stories bases on which players are the nicest to them is obviously a moron

I miss Corey

Old
04-24-2012, 06:58 AM
RedeyeRocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
You really have no idea how badly we're gonna choke do you?

Ah, the joys of not being a caps fan.
I guess I don't see it. Every game has been a 1 goal game. A series doesn't get closer than this. So nobody wants to do an avatar bet?

Old
04-24-2012, 07:02 AM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

Obviously not. You have 200 posts. You will more than likely be gone if you lose anyways.

Old
04-24-2012, 07:32 AM
RedeyeRocketeer

Quote:
Obviously not. You have 200 posts. You will more than likely be gone if you lose anyways.
Actually I had an account on here years ago. I've technically been on the site longer than you.

Old
04-24-2012, 07:55 AM
Duke33

Quote:

For me it's not nervousness it's more of a resigned feeling. We've seen this script before. Unlike the Bruins, who played and won what, three Game 7s last season on the way to a Cup, this Caps team has not come through in the clutch. Game 6 was a perfect example.

Now yes, the Caps have won 4 of the 5 games they've played in Boston this year, they shouldn't be intimidated or nervous, they are the underdog anyway. But some of us here have doubts that they can do what needs to be done, for me especially with the lackluster way they came out in OT Sunday.

For me it will be ho-hum life is normal if we lose, but also frustrating because the way the playoff field is shaping out, I truly believe Boston is the toughest opponent out there, east or west. If the Caps can get past Boston they might be able to put together a long run.

We'll see.

Old
04-24-2012, 08:18 AM
marcel snapshot

Really hope some of our top 6 guys think about simplifying their game a bit -- looking at you Johannson, and you too, Sasha -- and put the puck on net whenever they get the chance to, rather than look for the extra pass.

You look at those 2 long rebound goals Thomas gave up in Game 5 - both were a function of not-very-hard-but-accurate-and-low shots from the point from Wideman and Ward.

Kudos to Ward for that shot that led to Knuble's goal: he had no angle, a guy on him, couldn't really wind up -- none of that mattered he directed a puck on net that Timmah couldn't control and Knuble crashes and gets rewarded. Brouwer's goal in Game 2 off the Ovie rebound, same thing. That's how goals will be scored tomorrow.

Also props to Ward for his assist on Green's goal on Sunday. Ward takes a face full of glass courtesy of a Boston guy, but by delaying his pass and making the D guy commit to him, he created more space for Green to maneuver along the blue line.

Don't be pretty tomorrow. Commit to being ugly.

Old
04-24-2012, 08:20 AM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

Quote:
Actually I had an account on here years ago. I've technically been on the site longer than you.

Technically, you are guessing. How long do you think its possible someone was lurking here before creating an account? Nor can you prove your claim.

Again, it is clear no one wants your advatar bet. You should post in the thread you started, not here.

Last edited by RandyHolt: 04-24-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old
04-24-2012, 08:25 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel snapshot View Post
Really hope some of our top 6 guys think about simplifying their game a bit -- looking at you Johannson, and you too, Sasha -- and put the puck on net whenever they get the chance to, rather than look for the extra pass.

You look at those 2 long rebound goals Thomas gave up in Game 5 - both were a function of not-very-hard-but-accurate-and-low shots from the point from Wideman and Ward.

Kudos to Ward for that shot that led to Knuble's goal: he had no angle, a guy on him, couldn't really wind up -- none of that mattered he directed a puck on net that Timmah couldn't control and Knuble crashes and gets rewarded. Brouwer's goal in Game 2 off the Ovie rebound, same thing. That's how goals will be scored tomorrow.

Also props to Ward for his assist on Green's goal on Sunday. Ward takes a face full of glass courtesy of a Boston guy, but by delaying his pass and making the D guy commit to him, he created more space for Green to maneuver along the blue line.

Don't be pretty tomorrow. Commit to being ugly.
did i miss something? the caps lost game 6 with 3 goals on the board.

Old
04-24-2012, 08:36 AM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

Maybe we aren't built to win games 4-3. You missed that, I suppose.

Yeah Marcel you are right, game 7's are not all star games, well, ignoring Pitt lighting us up a few years back. I look for simple plays early, throwing the puck at the net at every chance. But if getting pucks on Thomas and playing rebounds isn't working, I would like to see fake shots. He is so aggressive coming out, raise the stick, wait for the troops and B's to get to the crease, and take a slapper right at the bodies moving toward the guaranteed empty net. yep, an ugly goal, deflect it in off a leg in front. I also want to see forwards also wise up and use their skates if their sticks are tied up. You don't have to catch that hot pass to score, just let it bounce off your skate. Aucoin could have had one like that, maybe Jojo too.

That was not a distinct kicking motion FTW.

Last edited by RandyHolt: 04-24-2012 at 08:41 AM.
Old
04-24-2012, 08:45 AM
CaptainKonoForever

This series has been close but many of the series they have blown have been close to so I don't share the optimism. I still remember Gonchar giving the puck up to Straka, Straka going in for a break-away...game over. Ugh.

Old
04-24-2012, 09:03 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

I took note of what Brian Engblom said about Thomas being uber aggressive. Hope that was pointed out in a video session. And it would be great if they could streak down early and get a "deflected" near goal or goal and force him back in the net early.

C'mon boys do this.

Old
04-24-2012, 09:11 AM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel snapshot View Post
Yeah stop setting easy goals on a plate for your teammates to not convert Semin...

Old
04-24-2012, 09:11 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMUcapsfan07 View Post

Czabe was promptly fired from the CSN post game show as soon as that happened.

Maybe that explains why nobody asks the tough questions.
Said it before, this town/team needs a Larry Brooks to cover hockey here.

Old
04-24-2012, 09:20 AM
stanleycaps98
I cheer for laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKonoForever View Post
This series has been close but many of the series they have blown have been close to so I don't share the optimism. I still remember Gonchar giving the puck up to Straka, Straka going in for a break-away...game over. Ugh.
I had a flashback of that play on Sunday. It almost happened again.

Old
04-24-2012, 09:50 AM
Capitlols

Katie Carrera ‏ @kcarrera
Worth noting #Caps defensive pairs today are 27-74; 44-52; 55-6; 4-81.

Aucoin still on the 4th line...

Old
04-24-2012, 09:52 AM
stanleycaps98
I cheer for laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post

One half of a

Old
04-24-2012, 09:52 AM
amjay13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post

Double noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Closed Thread