HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXXX All talk from around the league here

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2012, 06:57 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
People didn't like this game? Cause it was bad hockey?

I guess I forgot I'm on a Habs board where physical heated games like these are shunned. Go shopping for purses if you don't like it, I'll gladly take a game like this over boring methodical Jacques Martin hockey 10 times out of 10.
Sorry, I enjoy it when goals mean something, goaltenders actually stop pucks and the play isn't stopped every 5 minutes for a thrilling hug-fest.

Old
04-15-2012, 06:58 PM
habdynasty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
62GP, 32G, 54A, 86P in the playoffs. Maybe if Fleury wasn't putting up a 7.00GAA and .700SV it would be different. I'd easily pay Crosby $10m a year to come here in 2013.
Sign him up!!! Make his childhood dream come true.

Old
04-15-2012, 06:58 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Interestingly enough those calling this a bad hockey game, are also those that defend Jacques Martin until they are blue in the face. It's really not surprising and it's a god damn shame this fan based has been reduced to a bunch of bleeding hearts who can't appreciate a rivalry like this.
Pretty sure anyone and everyone was entertained by the game. Doesn't change the fact that bad hockey was being played.

@MM you are being trolled. Only reason SH brought up stats is that he saw you being active and posting. Stop feeding plz.

Old
04-15-2012, 07:03 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
Sorry, I enjoy it when goals mean something, goaltenders actually stop pucks and the play isn't stopped every 5 minutes for a thrilling hug-fest.
You might not recognize it but it is called passion. Watching JM suck the life out of hockey for his tenure it is refreshing to see it again.

Old
04-15-2012, 07:09 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
It was a fantastic game for entertainment value, despite the disgraceful behavior of the participants. As a sport performance it was a gong show.

Assuming one believes defense and goaltending are important and valuable in hockey, but I'm becoming increasingly convinced that opinion is not shared by everyone on this board.
That's all that matters. That's the big picture.

Old
04-15-2012, 07:10 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
You might not recognize it but it is called passion. Watching JM suck the life out of hockey for his tenure it is refreshing to see it again.
There is passion where good hockey is played also. Det plays with passion, and win and entertain. Back in NJ glory days, they played with LOTS of passion, won ALOT and bored the hell out of their own fanbase, not including other fanbases.
Passion, just like any other emotion, can be a good and a bad thing. In Pit, their 'passion' seems to affected negatively more then positively right now.

People need to realize, passion , pride, and other emotions that are deemed as "positive" by society are like any other emotions: they can be bad and good side to them. Just like jealousy is deemed as bad feeling to have.

Old
04-15-2012, 07:12 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
When did the Habs board become a Flyers circle jerk. I ****ing despise them.
I hated their old teams with Richards, Carter, Carcillo, Umberger, Pronger, Biron, goon scrubs etc. How can you hate Giroux and Hartnell.

Old
04-15-2012, 07:13 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
Goals still mean something, goalies can still stop pucks in spectacular fashion even if the save percentage isn't as high.

It's a flawed arguement. Did you hate hockey in the 70s and 80s? Did Patrick Roy not stop pucks in the 80s?

Old
04-15-2012, 07:14 PM
akratique

FLA game actually soothing to the eyes..

Old
04-15-2012, 07:14 PM
MathMan

Quote:
That's all that matters. That's the big picture.
You are free to set your personal aesthetics however you prefer, but I personally appreciate well-played high-caliber hockey. I also would rather, as a matter of personal preference, that the next Habs GM built the team with an eye towards winning games rather than provide mistake-filled, "entertaining" hockey.

Matter of preference.

Old
04-15-2012, 07:16 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
You are free to set your personal aesthetics however you prefer, but I personally appreciate well-played high-caliber hockey. I also would rather, as a matter of personal preference, that the next Habs GM built the team with an eye towards winning games rather than provide mistake-filled, "entertaining" hockey.

Matter of preference.
Maurice Richard would roll over in his grave if he saw how Jacques Martin had this team playing.

Old
04-15-2012, 07:17 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I hated their old teams with Richards, Carter, Carcillo, Umberger, Pronger, Biron, goon scrubs etc. How can you hate Giroux and Hartnell.
Montreal fans make it very easy to hate Giroux actually.

Anyway, anything under 10 games is ridiculous for Asham. A crosscheck to the neck/face, and a punch to the back of the head when the player is on the ice is garbage. I don't care if the Pens are out in 1 more game, but they have to send a message to an idiot like Asham.

Old
04-15-2012, 07:20 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:

Matter of preference.
What's mistake-filled, 'entertaining' hockey? Does anyone really tell people to go out there and cough up the puck to give odd-man rushes?

Even Detroit's 'well-played' hockey is taking a beating to the chip and chase hockey of the Preds. It's not the type of hockey you play that matters, it's how well you play it.

Old
04-15-2012, 07:21 PM
MarkovsKnee

I find this series hard to judge as to how the teams will do against other competition. The quality of forwards in this series is not even comparable to any other series. Crosby, Malkin, Neal on one side, and Giroux, Jagr, Briere on the other with quality offensive foot soldiers like Staal, Simmonds etc. It really is amazing to see the high quality offensive plays that are happening in this series.

The goaltending has been suspect no question. Fleury was awful on Talbot's first goal, left a huge rebound to allow play to continue just before Read's 1st goal (and then let it go 5-hole), and Bryz was terrible on both of Staal's goals (not on the shot of the 2nd goal just on allowing Neal's shot to get through him).

OTOH, there was not much Fleury could do on either of Briere's goal, and you could debate the Simmonds goals since it was a good move and Price is not great at breakaways either.

The high quality chances that people are getting is quite amazing. I will say that the Pens D are terrible in their own zone along the boards and not very strong in front of their own net.

I can see why the Flyers had trouble with the Rangers this year, because the Rangers play a highly disciplined defensive game and have a great goaltending. However, considering how much trouble we've given the Bruins just based on our speed, I think the Flyers can give the Bruins a whole lot of trouble since they are far more talented than we've ever been.

I'll be interested to see what the Flyers can do against the Bruins because I think defenseman like Grossman and Kubina can be really effective against the Bruins.

I just don't feel like this series is necessarily indicative of what either team will do against other competition. There's just too many offensive genius' on both sides.

Old
04-15-2012, 07:30 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Goals still mean something, goalies can still stop pucks in spectacular fashion even if the save percentage isn't as high.

It's a flawed arguement. Did you hate hockey in the 70s and 80s? Did Patrick Roy not stop pucks in the 80s?
huh... you know Pens get scored on 7 times a game on average right ?

even the winning team allow 4+ every game...

Old
04-15-2012, 07:36 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
What's mistake-filled, 'entertaining' hockey? Does anyone really tell people to go out there and cough up the puck to give odd-man rushes?
I don't think so but reading some of the comments here, you'd think it should be encouraged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Even Detroit's 'well-played' hockey is taking a beating to the chip and chase hockey of the Preds. It's not the type of hockey you play that matters, it's how well you play it.
Actually, Detroit is especially taking a beating to Pekka Rinne (the unFleury).

Old
uiCk
GrEmelins

2-0 FLA over NJ, in the 2nd. Go FLA!

Old
OneSharpMarble

Quote:

Matter of preference.
Go watch boston then as they line up all 5 across the blueline and kill any and all entertainment value. If that is what hockey will become it will be dead in a couple years.

Old
04-15-2012, 07:38 PM
Et le But

I was making dinner with the Devils-Panthers game on the background and freaked out when I heard them talking about Gionta, then I realized:

Old
04-15-2012, 07:39 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Go watch boston then as they line up all 5 across the blueline and kill any and all entertainment value. If that is what hockey will become it will be dead in a couple years.
Hockey should be about both offense and defense. If the Flyers leak goals like that against a real team they won't last much longer.

Old
04-15-2012, 07:43 PM
donghabs98

FLA-PHX cup final

lets do it

Old
04-15-2012, 07:45 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Hockey should be about both offense and defense. If the Flyers leak goals like that against a real team they won't last much longer.
They have been leaking goals like that for years and still have had many deep runs in the playoffs.

You guys act like these goals are just random shots and the goal scorers are plugs firing away. These are some of the best players in the league executing high skill plays. Quite whining and enjoy the spectacle, you only get to see games like this a few times a year if you are lucky.

Old
04-15-2012, 07:55 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
FLA-PHX cup final

lets do it
Gary Buttman would love that too much. It be a sad sad day for hockey.

Old
04-15-2012, 07:57 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
FLA-PHX cup final

lets do it
What's it like being Commish?

Old
04-15-2012, 08:00 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
There is passion where good hockey is played also. Det plays with passion, and win and entertain. Back in NJ glory days, they played with LOTS of passion, won ALOT and bored the hell out of their own fanbase, not including other fanbases.
Passion, just like any other emotion, can be a good and a bad thing. In Pit, their 'passion' seems to affected negatively more then positively right now.

People need to realize, passion , pride, and other emotions that are deemed as "positive" by society are like any other emotions: they can be bad and good side to them. Just like jealousy is deemed as bad feeling to have.
The Phillie Pittsburgh game had a ton of passion, but both teams did a lot of stupid stuff. If they play like that against this year's NYR or last year's Boston, they won't beat those teams playing like that.

Closed Thread