HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Game 3 Plus-Minus Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2012, 06:48 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

vCash: 500
If Neal made contact I wouldn't have that big of problem with him getting suspended. I say that because they've shown they aren't above faking injuries to get PP's.

Either way Pens fans making threads on the main boards apologizing should just go away.

Old
DegenX
#FireMorehouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
I'm genuinely surprised Penguins fans aren't more sensitive to head shots (which the one on Giroux was--the one on Couturier was more of a full-body play--though, of course, he didn't have the puck, raising some questions about the legality (my most charitable take)).

I'm not sure how hard the contact on Giroux was, but the intent was pretty clear. Considering game situation, I think that's what people are responding to.
Yeah ... having seen Giroux dive on the bench I'm not buying it

Old
mpp9

Am I the only one that liked what Sid was trying to do all game?

Old
04-15-2012, 06:49 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
i was a fan. especially when he asked Schenn if he wanted to go and Schenn backed down.

Old
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal

The worst part about all of this is that we'll be watching Penguin-less hockey until June. I like short offseasons.

Old
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaticBirdman View Post
How long have you been watching hockey exactly? PLAYOFF hockey at that?

Sorry man, but creating a thread like that is flat out EMBARRASSING. Did Sens or Rangers fans create a thread after last night's game?
Since i was like 6. Todays games was extreme and not something i wanna see on a regular basis. I've seen lots of playoff hockey, aswell as lots of playoff hockey and i have never been more embarrassed then i am watching that game. I felt like this was the Islanders game all over again.

Old
04-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Hear Me Now
YES! YES! YES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Acutally I think those types of fans should stop supporting the team as it's obviously not that important to them. Not that sports is the end-all but there was nothing that happened today to warrant that. You can say Asham is garbage and if we keep him then that's embarrassing but we don't know what's going to happen. So fans apologizing and threatening to bail, should, IMO, bail.

No harm done.
Agreed. Supporting your team means you do it through good and bad times, bad times including when your team has an embarrassing series.

I want the penguins to win the stanley cup, no matter what they have to go through. Goon it up a few times to light a fire under your ass? Go for it.

I'm not sorry for anything that happened in the game, I actually gained some respect for Crosby after this game. He wasn't even one of my favorite players on the Pens before today, now I think he's definitely my favorite. He showed more heart then Malkin, but Malkin trying to get at Talbot was awesome, too.

Crosby has become my favorite player after witnessing this game. I hope he trolls some more teams after we win this series.

Old
laufer72
Ashburton Grove

Quote:
No you are not....if you expect zero heartbeat from your Captain, hockey isn't sport for you.

Old
TheSniper26
No cure for being...

Quote:
I liked it too. He looked like one of the very few guys out there who actually gave a **** if we won or lost.

Old
winnipegjet10

You Guys Exactly Like Flyer Fans
I am an impartial observer in this series.

You are down 3-0. Most of the negative comments on this forum are exactly what Flyer fans were saying 2 years ago when they were down 3-0 to the Bruins. Funny how that works.

The Penguins have played like dumb donkeys. Stupid penalties...lousy penalty killing...lousy goaltending...lack of commitment.

If the Pens play like they can, they can come back. 1 period...1 game at a time. It's gut check time. Beat the Flyers on Wed. and the Flyers start to tighten up a bit.

Remember the Hawks/Canucks last year. The Hawks looked worse in the first three games of that series than the Pens have this series. They came back..one period at a time..coming within a whisker of winning. It's not over fellas.

The Pens can't play any worse. Time to see what kind of professionals they really are.

It will be extremely difficult to come back. It would be over if it was a best of 5.

Old
04-15-2012, 06:51 PM
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal

Quote:
Loved it. Didn't have a problem with any of it. Hitting the glove away was absolutely perfect

Old
04-15-2012, 06:51 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSniper26 View Post
This thread displays one thing very clearly: It's easy to be a fan when you win. All those who are questioning whether or not they want to be a Pens fan, by all means, please go find another team. The Pens have played an embarrassing series. Now some of their "fans" are embarrassing themselves even more. "Bandwagon" is right...
Amen.

If the team survived '93, we'll be OK after this.

Old
04-15-2012, 06:52 PM
SidTheKid8787

As for all the extra-curriculars. You really don't know what it's like until you're in the thick of it.

This is a very heated battle. Both sides are chirping. The first 2 games were pretty tame in comparison. It's just this was the do or die game in the Pens' minds. They got frustrated. It happens. Put yourself in that situation and see if you maintain your cool.

Asham's cross check is really the only thing that resembled a thuggish play. All the rest was typical for playoff hockey were a team was desperate to win and lost it's cool.

Old
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
Since i was like 6. Todays games was extreme and not something i wanna see on a regular basis. I've seen lots of playoff hockey, aswell as lots of playoff hockey and i have never been more embarrassed then i am watching that game. I felt like this was the Islanders game all over again.
Not quite. No Philly players got injured (that I'm aware of) and they were doing just fine at handling themselves. Some of the scraps were even initiated by THEM. Are they apologizing for hunting Neal down when he was making his way from the bench to the penalty box? Doubt it. Were their fans apologizing for Laviolette acting like a compelte ******* a couple of weeks ago? Nope.

Old
laufer72
Ashburton Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipegjet10 View Post
The Pens can't play any worse.
Pffffffttt.....wouldn't be so sure about that.

Old
Hear Me Now
YES! YES! YES!

Quote:
Loved it. He went from like #5 to #1 in my favorite penguins. Him trolling and causing scrums all game was hilarious.

If we don't win games, I at least want to be entertained, and he was all the entertainment today. Hoping he trolls and scores in the game next time, dudes amazing.

Old
04-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Dovahkiin
Geno! Geno! Geno!

We need a long offseason, it will be good for Sid. Shero will have time to talk to other GM's get new ideas. If Bylsma sticks around, he has time to think long and hard about what "our game" is.

Old
04-15-2012, 06:54 PM
Saku11

Quote:
Loved it. If you cant beat them atleast do something. He is hating every minute of losing and its nice that he showed it today.

Old
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hear Me Now View Post
Agreed. Supporting your team means you do it through good and bad times, bad times including when your team has an embarrassing series.

I want the penguins to win the stanley cup, no matter what they have to go through. Goon it up a few times to light a fire under your ass? Go for it.

I'm not sorry for anything that happened in the game, I actually gained some respect for Crosby after this game. He wasn't even one of my favorite players on the Pens before today, now I think he's definitely my favorite. He showed more heart then Malkin, but Malkin trying to get at Talbot was awesome, too.

Crosby has become my favorite player after witnessing this game. I hope he trolls some more teams after we win this series.
Oddly enough, the Pens antics actually had support of Milbury today. Go figure

Old
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
Amen.

If the team survived '93, we'll be OK after this.
It will be difficult to make impact full changes what with being so close to the cap and only so many trade/UFA options out there. Make no mistake tho heads will roll this summer. Either that or our GM is officially TOO patient and is as big a problem as the rest of it.

Old
04-15-2012, 06:56 PM
Terrapin

lol at an apology thread. You guys need to get a life. It's effin hockey. That **** happens in just about every game. The Asham hit was no worse than Schenn's hit on a defenseless Martin who was engaged with another Flyer. Neal took a run at Giroux. Any Flyers fans start an apology thread about the knee to knee on Neal earlier? Caps fans ever start one for Ovy's flying head shots at Geno? Yeah it was a cheap shot, and I don't like it. But you guys are making it seem like it was Bertuzzi or McSorley. The fights were just that, fights. Giroux jumped in on Sid. Hartnell went after Sid, when Adams jumped in. Simmons went after Neal. Get real

Old
66-29-33

Quote:
Not quite. No Philly players got injured (that I'm aware of) and they were doing just fine at handling themselves. Some of the scraps were even initiated by THEM. Are they apologizing for hunting Neal down when he was making his way from the bench to the penalty box? Doubt it. Were their fans apologizing for Laviolette acting like a compelte ******* a couple of weeks ago? Nope.
That's them. I like physical hockey as much as the next guy, but when it gets this out of hand it turns to *******. I've never seen a playoff game like this in a long time.

Old
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hear Me Now View Post
Loved it. He went from like #5 to #1 in my favorite penguins. Him trolling and causing scrums all game was hilarious.

If we don't win games, I at least want to be entertained, and he was all the entertainment today. Hoping he trolls and scores in the game next time, dudes amazing.
I loved it too. He was one of the very few guys out there that didn't look completely dejected. His intensity level and anger were still very much in the game. If anything the rest of the team should've at least fed off of it.

Old
04-15-2012, 06:57 PM
Hear Me Now
YES! YES! YES!

Quote:
Oddly enough, the Pens antics actually had support of Milbury today. Go figure
I thought I heard him trashing Crosby again because of the Giroux fight, guess I missed something.

He's a hypocrite and a moron, I like it better when he trashes the Pens.

Old
04-15-2012, 06:57 PM
TheSniper26
No cure for being...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
It will be difficult to make impact full changes what with being so close to the cap and only so many trade/UFA options out there. Make no mistake tho heads will roll this summer. Either that or our GM is officially TOO patient and is as big a problem as the rest of it.
Which is a very real possibility. I've been a big fan of Shero and, in general, I think he's be a very good GM. But if he does have a weakness, it's absolutely his penchant for sitting on his hands.

Closed Thread