HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Game 3 Plus-Minus Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Oh speaking of Letang...

BIG - for doing his "shoosh" imitation right before he got tossed / went off the ice. That was just... ego. Love the fight in the kid but he still has some maturing to do.
So, when Max did it, he was an awesome playoff catalyst because we won, right?

Old
laufer72
Ashburton Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanniniClaus View Post
They are up 3-0 and have Lavio and Berube behind their bench. They are going after Neal Wednesday.

Neal was great offensively but he his late hit and then attempted whack to Giroux cannot go unanswered.

I am hoping the Pens reel off 4 in a row by the way. Unlikely but maybe Sid gets mad, Geno starts to play, and the support players come to life.
Yeah, maybe Berube sends Lavatorio to go after Bylsma..

Old
End of Line
Human After All

I find it kind of funny how many people are giving Sid **** for pushing Voracek's glove.

Joe Thornton does that all the time, and during meetings with the refs he'll start **** with the other Captain or Alternates and everybody finds it hilarious. This is just annoying me a bit.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
04-15-2012, 10:07 PM
TheStinger
Non Omnis Moriar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastcupever75 View Post
for does with a DVR, you can slow it down frame by frame and see its not a headshot

neal's left arm contacts G's side and his right arm hits him in the upper back. at the top and middle of the shoulder blades as giroux tries to turn away from the hit
Precisely. Giroux ducks and takes the hit in the side/back and then falls down like a wounded duck only to magically reappear ten seconds later in the middle of the melee. He was trolling the refs just like Schenn and Couturier. Not one of them missed a shift after their "knockout" blows.

And they call us divers and *******.

Old
Lustaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan MD View Post
TSN's panel said Crosby needs to be more like Toews last year.

I like Sid like this, no more generic interviews, he's showing emotion.
The TSN panel can go **** themselves. Oh, Sid isn't showing leadership and needs to be more like Toews, blah blah. As someone else in this thread just mentioned, Mark Messier. That is all.

Old
Left Of The Dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan MD View Post
TSN's panel said Crosby needs to be more like Toews last year.

I like Sid like this, no more generic interviews, he's showing emotion.
And yet they praised Keith last year when he took a huge run at Torres after the hit on Seabrook. McKenzie called it a Braveheart moment.

No doubt they'd be saying the same things about Sid if the Pens won.

Old
04-15-2012, 10:08 PM
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastcupever75 View Post
i dont think he had any attention of going with shenn

nor should he
I saw him say that to Schenn and then call him a *****, but I don't know what was going through his head. He has no business going with Schenn, even if he isn't a great pugilist.

Don't see that working out well for him.

Old
04-15-2012, 10:09 PM
Left Of The Dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
Wow, the look of death he gives that reporter when he says "skate away."
You can tell he wants to ask if the reporter ever played the game. Should have called him a *****.

Old
04-15-2012, 10:09 PM
SidTheKid8787

The journalists/hockey panels certainly put Sid on a pedestal. The fact of the matter is he was a Captain of a team that was getting embarrassed in a must win game. He is human after all.

Old
04-15-2012, 10:10 PM
Dovahkiin
Geno! Geno! Geno!

Man i wish Sid would just lose it once in the lockeroom between periods. Just call out DB, and various other people. Just completely lose his **** yellin and all. I honestly think it would turn thing around.

Old
04-15-2012, 10:11 PM
PensFanSince1989

I want Sid to turn full heel. I've been suggesting the same course of action for Tiger Woods.

Old
04-15-2012, 10:11 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
No you miss my point entirely. The whole thing was ill-timed and contrived. It didn't make any sense for him to do that, in that moment because there was no parallel to the original (and frankly it was unoriginal). What is the point of repeating that gesture? Surely no one on the bench gives a **** / suddenly becomes motivated when they see that. It was just a way for Letang to FU the crowd... in which case he should've just flipped them the bird and taken his fine.

Old
04-15-2012, 10:12 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

If the media really has turned on the Pens, that's fine with me. They can keep their back to back afternoon games on weekends for a month straight and give them to someone else. They can also keep all of the ridiculous rescheduled games where the start time is bumped up to some ungodly hour so it can be on NBC.

Old
PensFanSince1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
No you miss my point entirely. The whole thing was ill-timed and contrived. It didn't make any sense for him to do that, in that moment because there was no parallel to the original (and frankly it was unoriginal).
Also, Talbot wasn't tossed from the game, so he could actually help make the shhh mean something.

Old
vodeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStinger View Post
Precisely. Giroux ducks and takes the hit in the side/back and then falls down like a wounded duck only to magically reappear ten seconds later in the middle of the melee. He was trolling the refs just like Schenn and Couturier. Not one of them missed a shift after their "knockout" blows.

And they call us divers and *******.
he stumbled after that hit, that's why I thought it was a head hit, but now I kind of see that as Giroux classic dive

as far as fights go, I don't care if they fightI just thought it worked in Flyers favor, we couldn't get in the flow,

and honestly Flyers got every break in this series, plus five on nothing on PP and major arrogant PP that allowed them to score all these shorties

Old
04-15-2012, 10:13 PM
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFanSince1989 View Post
I want Sid to turn full heel. I've been suggesting the same course of action for Tiger Woods.
I think Sid has always been a heel. He has just had to play up this "good Canadian boy" image for so long that he stayed in that shell. Glad he's starting to just say "**** it."

It's not his fault everyone hangs on his dick for EVERYTHING - good or bad. He doesn't owe the media or the league anything.

Old
04-15-2012, 10:15 PM
lastcupever75
NY Roadkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Frasier Crane View Post
I saw him say that to Schenn and then call him a *****, but I don't know what was going through his head. He has no business going with Schenn, even if he isn't a great pugilist.

Don't see that working out well for him.
yeah, i dont either.

shen is bigger stronger and a better fighter.

scraping with giroux, i dont mind. top player for top player and same weight/fight class

Old
04-15-2012, 10:16 PM
lastcupever75
NY Roadkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodeni View Post
he stumbled after that hit, that's why I thought it was a head hit, but now I kind of see that as Giroux classic dive

as far as fights go, I don't care if they fightI just thought it worked in Flyers favor, we couldn't get in the flow,

and honestly Flyers got every break in this series, plus five on nothing on PP and major arrogant PP that allowed them to score all these shorties
at first i thought he just lost his balance and footing and thats what made him fall to the ice.

but i'll go with the diving thing. cause thats what they would say about sid, geno, tang

Old
04-15-2012, 10:17 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

I like that he had the guts to go nose to nose with someone and give them the chance, but there's no ****ing way Crosby should be fighting. Adams did the right thing at the end of the game by diving in there and making sure Hartnell fought him and not Crosby. Last ****ing thing we need is another concussion over a lost game / fight.

Old
vodeni

watching Lav's press on NHL network he is gloating, killing me

Old
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Frasier Crane View Post
I think Sid has always been a heel. He has just had to play up this "good Canadian boy" image for so long that he stayed in that shell. Glad he's starting to just say "**** it."

It's not his fault everyone hangs on his dick for EVERYTHING - good or bad. He doesn't owe the media or the league anything.
He does everything the league asks out of him promotion wise, and he's always available for the media, and he gets **** on relentlessly anyway. If he's a heel, I don't know what that makes me, because I would've snapped a long time ago.

Old
04-15-2012, 10:18 PM
Hear Me Now
YES! YES! YES!

I'm marking for Sid as much as I was marking for Daniel Bryan when he turned heel.

He needs to score a goal and start chanting YES! YES! YES!

That would be amazing.

Old
04-15-2012, 10:18 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
That was just a tad different. The team fell behind badly in A game. They weren't getting owned for about 2+ games straight and having no business talking trash or whatever. There are differences between confidence, arrogance, bravado, and just embarrassing yourself. I guess he was anning on the rest of the team following up on his promise since he subsequently hit the showers.

Old
04-15-2012, 10:19 PM
Miss Ausguins
The Aussie Penguin

I think I can see a few factors here

*MAF is obviously so overworked and tired

*Ray Shero did nothing during the Trade Deadline

*Defencemen who are playing like Geriatrics or make Pewee Hockey players look like NHL players

*Most are thinking about that end of season trip to Pebble Beach

*Sid has returned meaning that most are just expecting Sid to do everything

Other than that, I think I will be wearing black whilst watching Game 4.

Old
04-15-2012, 10:19 PM
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal

If all hockey players that had concussions stopped fighting then there would be no more fights. It's still going to happen.

Obviously, to your point, Chancellor, we'd like to limit that risk with Sid. But I don't think he's done fighting for the rest of his career - nor should he.

Today was an example where I can live with it. Picking one in a January game against the Kings or something probably shouldn't happen, though.

Closed Thread