HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

So who plays Game 4?

Old
04-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Mordax
Abso-Buc'n-lutely

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVU71 View Post
Bob McKenzie ‏ @TSNBobMcKenzie
PIT will be without Craig Adams in game four. His instigator in last 5 minutes stands. Auto 1 game suspension. $10K fine for Dan Bylsma.
Can we just forfeit the series?

Mordax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 04:00 PM
mpp9

I'll laugh if our 4th line is the difference maker in game 4 with Vitale and Tangradi on it.

And then cry when DB pulls them out of the lineup in favor of Adams.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 04:03 PM
Shady Machine

Good. Bylsma will at least be forced to make a few lineup changes.

Shady Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 04:16 PM
SidTheKid8787

With Adams out. Don't be surprised if Jeffrey is in as well for PK duties.

SidTheKid8787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 04:25 PM
NJGoalie

I am more inclined to give Neal a pass on the Giroux hit on its own merits, but I thought he made his intentions quite clear with his attempt to injure Couturier. While I feel like you could make a logical argument that Giroux's motion upon seeing Neal coming may have exacerbated the hit to the head, the one on Couturier was disgusting. Just because he didn't make full, clean contact to the head doesn't make it any better. Anyone defending that particular hit is kidding themselves. You know for a fact if that was Crosby or anyone on your team that took the hit you would be calling for heads to roll, and rightfully so.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 04-17-2012 at 12:01 AM.
NJGoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 04:49 PM
SidTheKid8787

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGoalie View Post
I am more inclined to give Neal a pass on the Giroux hit on its own merits, but I thought he made his intentions quite clear with his attempt to injure Couturier. While I feel like you could make a logical argument that Giroux's motion upon seeing Neal coming may have exacerbated the hit to the head, the one on Couturier was disgusting. Just because he didn't make full, clean contact to the head doesn't make it any better. Anyone defending that particular hit is kidding themselves. You know for a fact if that was Crosby or anyone on your team that took the hit you would be calling for heads to roll, and rightfully so.
Not exactly what were looking for in this thread but most here expect Neal will get dinged. But you never know with the NHL's weird wheel of justice.

He'll either get none or some.

SidTheKid8787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:06 PM
Terrapin

Quote:
Yeah it's the Pens board, so there probably are some homers in here. You're obviously lost

Terrapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:07 PM
NJGoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheKid8787 View Post
Not exactly what were looking for in this thread but most here expect Neal will get dinged. But you never know with the NHL's weird wheel of justice.

He'll either get none or some.
I mostly just lurk over here once in a while, don't mean to stir up any trouble as I am not the trolling type, but all the comments in here saying that people don't know why Neal would be suspended are ridiculous. With that said, I could defnitely see him not getting suspended, but I feel like a non-suspension here would be akin to Weber not being suspended. Everyone pretty much agrees it SHOULD happen, doesn't necessarily mean it will.

To contribute a bit to the actual discussion, I think your team will be ok after the dust settles from this series. Bylsma is a great coach. We went through a lot of hard seasons in the playoffs where our team looked out of sorts. It's up to the GM and the coach to come together in the offseason and decide what needs to be done to fix what was wrong. It's obvious the Pens need a defenseman or 2 to sure up the back end, as well as some veteran leadership to help Crosby out, but I think they are ok after that as long as Crosby stays healthy. If MAF can bounce back, which I think he can and will, they will be fine going forward.

I think if a guy like Roberts or Guerin were on this team, we wouldn't have seen the shenanigans that we saw yesterday. With that said, I hope this rivalry stays this heated for a while, as I love hating the Penguins and games like yesterday make it easy to continue hating them. Good luck the rest of this season and next. Try to keep your blinders off is all I was getting at.

Old
04-16-2012, 05:30 PM
mpp9

Neal stated in his post-game interview that he didn't see Couturier until the last second.

The hit on Giroux was clean.

I'm gonna go with his opinion on the situation over a Flyers fan. Sorry.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:33 PM
NJGoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Neal stated in his post-game interview that he didn't see Couturier until the last second.

The hit on Giroux was clean.

I'm gonna go with his opinion on the situation over a Flyers fan. Sorry.
Because he didn't have anything to lose by saying that he was attempting to injure someone, right?

Old
04-16-2012, 05:34 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
I mostly just lurk over here once in a while, don't mean to stir up any trouble as I am not the trolling type, but all the comments in here saying that people don't know why Neal would be suspended are ridiculous. With that said, I could defnitely see him not getting suspended, but I feel like a non-suspension here would be akin to Weber not being suspended. Everyone pretty much agrees it SHOULD happen, doesn't necessarily mean it will.

To contribute a bit to the actual discussion, I think your team will be ok after the dust settles from this series. Bylsma is a great coach. We went through a lot of hard seasons in the playoffs where our team looked out of sorts. It's up to the GM and the coach to come together in the offseason and decide what needs to be done to fix what was wrong. It's obvious the Pens need a defenseman or 2 to sure up the back end, as well as some veteran leadership to help Crosby out, but I think they are ok after that as long as Crosby stays healthy. If MAF can bounce back, which I think he can and will, they will be fine going forward.

I think if a guy like Roberts or Guerin were on this team, we wouldn't have seen the shenanigans that we saw yesterday. With that said, I hope this rivalry stays this heated for a while, as I love hating the Penguins and games like yesterday make it easy to continue hating them. Good luck the rest of this season and next. Try to keep your blinders off is all I was getting at.
Watch what Weber does to Z... Then try to keep a straight face while you type out that what Neal did was worse.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:40 PM
NJGoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Watch what Weber does to Z... Then try to keep a straight face while you type out that what Neal did was worse.
I didn't say it was worse, I said it was on par. I stand by that statement. Neal's intent was no less malicious than what Weber did. Weber's looked more barbaric because it couldn't have been miscontrued as any type of hockey play, but Neal had the same intent. Couturier was nowhere near the puck. Neal's skates were nowhere near the ground. It didn't look like he made a full connection with the head, but the hit was atrocious. IIRC Zetterberg walked away from that without injury as did Couturier. If either player missed any time with a concussion you can bet that Weber or Neal would not be seeing the ice for quite some time.

Old
04-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Hear Me Now
YES! YES! YES!

What happened to keeping Flyer fans off the Pens board? Regardless of their intentions to "not" troll, coming on the Pens board and calling people homers when we are already down by three in the series is ****ing stupid and should not be allowed.

Hear Me Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 06:19 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
I didn't say it was worse, I said it was on par. I stand by that statement. Neal's intent was no less malicious than what Weber did. Weber's looked more barbaric because it couldn't have been miscontrued as any type of hockey play, but Neal had the same intent. Couturier was nowhere near the puck. Neal's skates were nowhere near the ground. It didn't look like he made a full connection with the head, but the hit was atrocious. IIRC Zetterberg walked away from that without injury as did Couturier. If either player missed any time with a concussion you can bet that Weber or Neal would not be seeing the ice for quite some time.
Was Weber suspended? No.

So again why should Neal get suspended?

Old
04-16-2012, 06:25 PM
NJGoalie

Quote:
Was Weber suspended? No.

So again why should Neal get suspended?
I'm not saying he will be. I'm saying he should be. Just as I felt that Weber should have been.

Old
04-16-2012, 07:07 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
I'm not saying he will be. I'm saying he should be. Just as I felt that Weber should have been.
Weber was not suspended, so I see no reason Neal should be.

Pretty simple.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:38 PM
NJGoalie

Quote:
Weber was not suspended, so I see no reason Neal should be.

Pretty simple.
Did you think Weber should have been suspended? Should and would mean different things.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:54 PM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable View Post
While the Flyers might engage in more "diving" on Wednesday I don't think they'll start any ****. They want to go home to their own beds and spend a few days in their own facility resting/rehabbing. They don't want to have to fly to Pittsburgh again until next fall, and they have the power to make that a reality. I expect a very clean, intense, killer-instinct sort of effort.
Not to mention the possibility of injuries/suspensions going into the 2nd round.

Ragamuffin Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:56 PM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
I'll laugh if our 4th line is the difference maker in game 4 with Vitale and Tangradi on it.

And then cry when DB pulls them out of the lineup in favor of Adams.
You spelled "Park" and "Williams" wrong.

You do know who coaches this team, right?

Ragamuffin Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 03:56 AM
Parise9Crosby87

wouldn't mind seeing Tangradi in

Parise9Crosby87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 07:31 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Did you think Weber should have been suspended? Should and would mean different things.
It doesn't matter what we think. What matters is Shanny decided to fine Weber.

That is the precedent and it is what matters, period. I can't see how he can justify letting Weber go and not Neal.

Even a few years ago none of this would be a big deal, now with social media and the like, every questionable hit on the ice gets fans and the media in an uproar. I'm sure after the Neal hits some crybaby created a post on the main board within ten seconds.

Every series I have watched has been dirty.

****, it's playoff hockey. This isn't golf or tennis.

Its embarrassing how the new wave of hockey fans act.

Old
04-17-2012, 08:52 AM
bigd

Quote:
That was AWESOME. That's what playoff hockey is all about!

bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 08:54 AM
UnderratedBrooks44

Sometimes I think someone could commit a hate crime or shoot someone in cold blood (or both) and there would be some genius excusing it because "Hey, it's the playoffs!".

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 10:11 AM
Darth Vitale
Lesshaus > Morehaus

With Adams and Asham both a given, that leaves two slots open even without Neal based on prior lineups.

Jeffrey for sure, Tangradi probable since Park didn't do much (although he was no worse than anyone else). Would love to see Despres get a shot too although part of me fears a retaliation penalty and him being the recipient. None of Straight, Lovejoy, Bortuzzo should be out there though so not sure what the alternative is.

If Neal's out too maybe Bylsma puts Mac out there on Geno's line.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 10:12 AM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
With Adams and Asham both a given, that leaves two slots open even without Neal based on prior lineups.

Jeffrey for sure, Tangradi probable since Park didn't do much (although he was no worse than anyone else). Would love to see Despres get a shot too although part of me fears a retaliation penalty and him being the recipient. None of Straight, Lovejoy, Bortuzzo should be out there though so not sure what the alternative is.

If Neal's out too maybe Bylsma puts Mac out there on Geno's line.
My guess at the 4th line will be Tangradi-Vitale-Park

MrBurgundy* is offline   Reply With Quote