HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

So who get's moved?

Old
04-15-2012, 08:49 PM
vandyfan84

vCash: 500
So who get's moved?

If I'm not mistaken, realignment is supposed to happen this year?

Well, obviously Winnipeg is not going to be in the eastern conference, so which western conference team will make their way east?

My best guess, Winnipeg take Minnesota's slot in the Northwest division, Minnesota then takes a spot in the central division, and either Nashville or Columbus will go to the east. It would almost make more sense to just put Nashville in the southeast division, where Atlanta once sat.

Thoughts?

vandyfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 08:51 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyfan84 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, realignment is supposed to happen this year?

Well, obviously Winnipeg is not going to be in the eastern conference, so which western conference team will make their way east?

My best guess, Winnipeg take Minnesota's slot in the Northwest division, Minnesota then takes a spot in the central division, and either Nashville or Columbus will go to the east. It would almost make more sense to just put Nashville in the southeast division, where Atlanta once sat.

Thoughts?
The players union rejected realignment for the 2012-13 season way back in January.

101st_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 08:55 PM
vandyfan84

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
The players union rejected realignment for the 2012-13 season way back in January.
well...I am out of the loop then. So you mean Winnipeg will play in the east again...

Last edited by Traded Legwand: 04-15-2012 at 08:58 PM. Reason: r word.
Old
04-15-2012, 08:59 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyfan84 View Post
well...I am out of the loop then. So you mean Winnipeg will play in the east again....
some divisions with 7 teams and some with 8 is at least as stupid as the team which voluntarily moved having a horrendous travel schedule.

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 04-16-2012 at 06:38 AM. Reason: word offends some
Old
04-15-2012, 09:02 PM
vandyfan84

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
some divisions with 7 teams and some with 8 is at least as stupid as the team which voluntarily moved having a horrendous travel schedule.
They should call me...I like my idea better than their super conference idea.

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 04-15-2012 at 09:14 PM. Reason: edited quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:50 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Geographically I think it makes more sense for Nashville to just swap with Winnipeg but I don't like us being in the central time zone and being in the Eastern conference. That would mean the majority of our road games would start at 6 or 6:30 and I'm not a fan of that.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:23 AM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Geographically I think it makes more sense for Nashville to just swap with Winnipeg but I don't like us being in the central time zone and being in the Eastern conference. That would mean the majority of our road games would start at 6 or 6:30 and I'm not a fan of that.
6 or 6:30 is a lot better than 9 or 9:30. Nashville should be in the Southeast of the Eastern Conference. I am fine right where we are if nothing changes though.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
6 or 6:30 is a lot better than 9 or 9:30. Nashville should be in the Southeast of the Eastern Conference. I am fine right where we are if nothing changes though.
The 9 and 9:30 games are rare for us and every team has to do at least one west coast trip. If we were in the East, most of our road games would be at 6 or 6:30. Every Eastern team is in that time zone so I guess the league likes the way it is. For that reason I wouldn't be surprised if they just move Columbus or Detroit.

Old
04-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
The 9 and 9:30 games are rare for us and every team has to do at least one west coast trip. If we were in the East, most of our road games would be at 6 or 6:30. Every Eastern team is in that time zone so I guess the league likes the way it is. For that reason I wouldn't be surprised if they just move Columbus or Detroit.
Chicago will be *****ing & moaning about being the lone ranger of the O6 in the Western Conference ... my money is on Columbus being moved to the East

Dave is a killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:49 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Any flip of a team between divisions to put a west team in the east and Winnipeg in the west depends on the league remaining at 30 teams. One aspect of the proposed and rejected realignment plan was that it was ready for another two teams which would balance everything out at eight teams per division.

Flipping a team causes a whine fest from the teams that don't get moved (DET, CHI, CBJ). The proposed plan requires two more teams to make sense and balance out. I'm not really worried about accommodating Winnipeg ... they brought their situation upon themselves. I don't care if east conference teams snivel because they don't get to stay in the eastern time zone from November through the end of the season any more.

Old
04-16-2012, 01:38 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
We play enough 9 and 9:30 games and going through the playoffs usually ends up in the west coast. I am fine with an early start but i am baised because i rise for work at 4:30am.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
We play enough 9 and 9:30 games and going through the playoffs usually ends up in the west coast. I am fine with an early start but i am baised because i rise for work at 4:30am.
Yeah people will be biased based on what their daily lives are like. I know sometimes people won't watch all of the late games but I'm afraid our TV ratings may fall, and there are still a lot of people that are working at 6 or so. I mean it is what it is, I just don't think the west coast games twice a year, some of which are on weekends, are a good enough reason to want to bolt to the East. Or at least not a constant annoyance that some may think.

Old
04-16-2012, 05:09 PM
Adz

I really don't like the idea of us moving to the Southeast because of travel times. If you look at the distance between teams, there are a lot more overall miles than there are in the Central.
Sunrise--837
Raleigh--542
Tampa---703
Was DC -665
2747 total miles x 3 = 8241 miles per season

Compare with:
Detroit---537
Chicago--470
Cbs-------381
St. Louis-258
1646 Total Miles x 3 = 4938 miles per season

If you play teams 3 times each, then you're talking over 3000 more miles. Not only that, we'd be the ONLY team in the central time zone, playing teams in the east--meaning we'd lose an hour every time we play our division rivals and they would gain one. Sure, it's great for us to be done watching our team at 9:00, but I don't like what we give up for that at all.

Also, much as I hate to see droves of opposing fans in the building, they're the bread and butter for this team and Nashville's economy. Lots more people will travel to Nashville for a weekend getaway in January if they're coming from colder climates than they probably would from Florida.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 09:25 AM
MedicBluesFan443

I would not be a fan of you guys going to the South East. That may seem a bit strange coming from a Blues fan but I love the energy and tough games that the Preds and Blues seem to have. I could see Columbus as a possible move to the East as I think they are the most geographically poised due to being in the eastern time zone to make that switch. If you look at a 3 time per season schedule with each team in your division the Jackets would travel only 204 miles more total. ( of course that is not precise just a close google map approximation.) Detroit is even farther. VS Columbus they would travel 2610 more miles in total and 2814 miles more then Nashville. Boot the Jackets to the South East and bring in Minni to the Central!

MedicBluesFan443 is offline   Reply With Quote