HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF: Game 3: Boston Bruins @ Washington Capitals. 4/16/12. Verizon Center. 7:30PM.

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2012, 10:43 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Corey Masisak ‏@cmasisak22Reply

#Caps Nicklas Backstrom would probably be better off if the match penalty wasn't his 3rd cross-checking infraction of the game, no?

Old
04-16-2012, 10:44 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post

#Caps Nicklas Backstrom would probably be better off if the match penalty wasn't his 3rd cross-checking infraction of the game, no?
No. It will make absolutely no difference.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:44 PM
tycoonheart

Quote:

Marchand dove on one of them. I forgot what the other one was.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:45 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
Marchand dove on one of them. I forgot what the other one was.
It was when Lucic attacked him in the scrum after the first period.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:48 PM
Capitlols

No doubt Backstrom's been targeted in this series.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:50 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
No doubt Backstrom's been targeted in this series.
Same with OV. Sasha, Laich, Green, anyone needs to step up and take some heat of those 2.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:53 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

A scratch is forthcoming for Schultz. Only 3 shifts in each of the 2nd and 3rd periods (and 2 goals allowed in those 6 shifts).

Old
04-16-2012, 10:58 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
A scratch is forthcoming for Schultz. Only 3 shifts in each of the 2nd and 3rd periods (and 2 goals allowed in those 6 shifts).
I hope to god

Old
04-16-2012, 10:58 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

In spite of all that, I think the Caps did get in Lucic's head. They just didn't get the benefit of the calls when he lost it.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:00 PM
tycoonheart

They're in both lucic and marchands heads. Neither of them have a point and they are getting frustrated so both of them are pulling this crap. Except neither is being called on it. Atrocious reffing.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:01 PM
HeyMattyB
Caps Fan in Philly

The refs: I can't complain about it at all, and neither should any other Caps fan. The Caps were victimized for a couple of BS penalties, but they were the beneficiaries of significantly more non-calls that should have been made against them. All in all, we came out on top of the completely whack officiating. (And we got the PPG to boot, while remaining flawless on the PK.)

Holtby: I like the guy, but fact is he played the same as he had the previous two games. He is as likely to make a spectacular save as he is to give up a softie or a juicy rebound. He's young, and making a young goaltender's mistakes. The difference was that tonight, unlike the previous two games, he wasn't getting as much help from his defense. The defense wasn't forcing Boston's forwards away from the net, they weren't there to clear Holtby's MANY rebounds away. (Dude gives up juicy rebounds. Fact.)

That first goal was a softie. The Caps' defense swatted a bunch of rebounds away in Games 1 & 2, but Wideman and Schultz weren't there to bail Holtby out on the third goal tonight. And the defense wasn't anywhere near the crease to give Holtby support on the second goal.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:02 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
Lucic starts punching Hendricks first and Hendricks get 2 mins as well

Brooks getting pushed by lucic and both sent to the box

Marchand dives gets a PP. Dives through the entire game and doesn't get called for it.

You guys won fair and square. But these reffing inconsistencies are just baffling.
No offense, but take a more unbiased look at some of these bullet points you have here... yes, Marchand dove a couple times (twice that I recall, the spear was no dive).

Laich was all over Lucic when he had already been pissed off by the last guy lined up next to him. Clearly, both were getting a minor there.

The whole Hendricks thing, you guys are lucky Alzner didn't get a 3rd man in if I recall correctly, he jumped Lucic from behind.

Basically you've listed one or two potential mistakes by the refs. Forget when Chara got a highstick to the face? We all know the NHL refs have absolutely blown this season. Doesn't mean they are favoring any one team, however.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:03 PM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
We got away with ay least three minor penalties, so I'm trying but to not whine, but losing our best player by far for a game hurts bad. Real bad.
dont be stupid ovechkin is by far our best player

Old
04-16-2012, 11:03 PM
mighty all the way

If Weber gets fined for what he did, then Backstrom shouldn't get anything. That wasn't nearly as bad as what Weber did. Hopefully you guys don't lose him for some games, if you do this league is turning into such a joke.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:06 PM
amjay13

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
haven't watched a caps game for a while, have ya?

Old
04-16-2012, 11:07 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
No offense, but take a more unbiased look at some of these bullet points you have here... yes, Marchand dove a couple times (twice that I recall, the spear was no dive).

Laich was all over Lucic when he had already been pissed off by the last guy lined up next to him. Clearly, both were getting a minor there.

The whole Hendricks thing, you guys are lucky Alzner didn't get a 3rd man in if I recall correctly, he jumped Lucic from behind.

Basically you've listed one or two potential mistakes by the refs. Forget when Chara got a highstick to the face? We all know the NHL refs have absolutely blown this season. Doesn't mean they are favoring any one team, however.
Marchand dove at least 3 times.

Laich did absolutely nothing to Lucic. Nothing at all. He got two minutes for being thrown to the ice.

If you give Alzner a thrid man in penalty in that scrum, you'd have to give them for every scrum. That's why generally, they are only given when fights happen. There was no fight, so there was no third man in penalty.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:09 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post

Marchand dove twice in the last minute alone, 3 very visible times including the crosschecked and he milked the hell out of Chimera's slash, it was sad to watch.

Alzner couldn't get a 3rd man in since there was no fight going on, rather a scrum where the ref was already between Lucic and Hendricks. And Alzner didn't throw a single punch.

Old
HSHS
Losing is a disease

There's absolutely no way laich should have got a penalty. Lucic was in his space, pushing further. Laich wasn't initiating contact, just standing, trying to stand actually, his side of the dot.

Blah blah blah on rest of calls/no calls. Idiots did it to themselves.

Old
tycoonheart

Why the hell would alzner get 3rd man? Wtf? There was no fight, he didn't throw any punches or anything, what the hell?

Old
04-16-2012, 11:11 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

Quote:
the Bruins earned the win tonight. Should be the end of it.
Agreed.

We gotta get out of the habit of constantly moaning about the refs on our board. Fact is, the Bruins did exactly what their coach said they needed to do - get more bodies in front of the net. And it worked. Our goalie gave up a softie, and then we had some bad luck on Hammer's deflection of Chara's shot.

It's not the end of the world. We have another home game coming up. We're playing the Bruins tough, each game has been decided by 1-goal margin. All we gotta do is tighten up on D and win the next one. It's not like we're getting steamrolled. It's not the Pen-Philly trainwreck. It's a tight series.

Plus, we're the 7th seed. To some degree, we are playing with house money.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:12 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
Backstrom was an absolute monster tonight. It was actually ridiculous how good he was. He was the smartest player on either team by a mile and his hands did exactly what his mind wanted to do. It was really impressive and I don't mean it as a slight to anyone.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:13 PM
piercehannigan

Sick of Schultz.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:14 PM
Dream Big

Quote:
It is interesting to read that Bruins fans think the Caps out played them. Goes to show how tight this series has been so far. I do think the Bruins took it to the Caps in the 3rd at least, and earned the win.
I think both teams had periods of great play in the 3rd. There is no way that Bruins out played the Caps in my opinion. Caps were starting to do their magic in the offensive zone. Some great passing. Stuff they did two years ago. The Bruins were purely lucky that puck went off of Hamrlik's blade for the 4th goal.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:15 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyerlaw View Post
We gotta get out of the habit of constantly moaning about the refs on our board.
Disagree. The refs deserve every criticism they get tonight.

As an organization, the Caps need to complain more about the officiating. Say what you want about Mario, but his constant complaining has gotten his team the benefit of the doubt more often than not in terms of officiating.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:17 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Man I can't wait for an orlov hip check...

That'll get me going!

Closed Thread