HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF: Game 3: Boston Bruins @ Washington Capitals. 4/16/12. Verizon Center. 7:30PM.

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2012, 11:19 PM
HeyMattyB
Caps Fan in Philly

vCash: 500
The officiating was bad both ways, but in the end we were the beneficiaries of the whack officiating more often than we were the victims of it. So get over it.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:20 PM
NeilYoung

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Backstrom was an absolute monster tonight. It was actually ridiculous how good he was. He was the smartest player on either team by a mile and his hands did exactly what his mind wanted to do. It was really impressive and I don't mean it as a slight to anyone.
Agreed, He was taking over games like it was 2010 again. Him on the top of his game it was one of the most beautiful amazing things in the league.

If Schultz does get scratched I'll legit piss myself in excitement

Old
Bure

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
No offense, but take a more unbiased look at some of these bullet points you have here... yes, Marchand dove a couple times (twice that I recall, the spear was no dive).

Laich was all over Lucic when he had already been pissed off by the last guy lined up
next to him. Clearly, both were getting a minor there.

The whole Hendricks thing, you guys are lucky Alzner didn't get a 3rd man in if I recall correctly, he jumped Lucic from behind.

Basically you've listed one or two potential mistakes by the refs. Forget when Chara got a highstick to the face? We all know the NHL refs have absolutely blown this season. Doesn't mean they are favoring any one team, however.

Disagree, Laich didn't do anything illegal, Lucic did.

Old
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Matty B View Post
The officiating was bad both ways, but in the end we were the beneficiaries of the whack officiating more often than we were the victims of it. So get over it.
Nope, not even close. The Bruins scored twice on the 4-on-4. Neither time should have been 4-on-4. Should have been Caps PPs.

Old
Dream Big

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Backstrom was an absolute monster tonight. It was actually ridiculous how good he was. He was the smartest player on either team by a mile and his hands did exactly what his mind wanted to do. It was really impressive and I don't mean it as a slight to anyone.
I was impressed with Backstrom tonight too. He's a beauty to watch when he's in the zone like that.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:21 PM
Capsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
No offense, but take a more unbiased look at some of these bullet points you have here... yes, Marchand dove a couple times (twice that I recall, the spear was no dive).

Laich was all over Lucic when he had already been pissed off by the last guy lined up next to him. Clearly, both were getting a minor there.

The whole Hendricks thing, you guys are lucky Alzner didn't get a 3rd man in if I recall correctly, he jumped Lucic from behind.

Basically you've listed one or two potential mistakes by the refs. Forget when Chara got a highstick to the face? We all know the NHL refs have absolutely blown this season. Doesn't mean they are favoring any one team, however.
Dude, how about the Thomas roughing on Backstrom Saturday night with no call. Yet Holtby gets a penalty in game 1. You have a slimy team that apparently believes it has earned favorable officiating.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:22 PM
Dream Big

Giving Laich a penalty just to even it up with Lucic was so bogus. Definitely did not like that call.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:22 PM
NeilYoung

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Nope, not even close. The Bruins scored twice on the 4-on-4. Neither time should it have been 4-on-4. Should have been Caps PPs.
Exactly I'm still struggling to figure out how in the hell Laich got a penalty

Old
04-16-2012, 11:23 PM
Dream Big

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsman View Post
Dude, how about the Thomas roughing on Backstrom Saturday night with no call. Yet Holtby gets a penalty in game 1. You have a slimy team that apparently believes it has earned favorable officiating.
This definitely was a head scratcher. Thomas actually blockers Backstrom's head and there is no call.

Should that have been reviewed by the man?

Old
04-16-2012, 11:26 PM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Disagree. The refs deserve every criticism they get tonight.

As an organization, the Caps need to complain more about the officiating. Say what you want about Mario, but his constant complaining has gotten his team the benefit of the doubt more often than not in terms of officiating.
I really wish a ref team was assigned to a series. The almost 180 in how the game was called was frustrating to both teams. The refs lost control and that played into the Bruins favor.

The Match Penalty is a complete joke.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:28 PM
HeyMattyB
Caps Fan in Philly

The Laich penalty was totally bogus. But Hendricks got away with a blatant high stick. Alzner got away with a roughing call that should have evened up that scrum. The Caps got away with multiple trips.

Both teams got away with a lot. But all of the obvious calls that should have been made against the Bruins were made. The same can't be said for our team.

But, if denying the obvious facts makes things easier for you, go for it.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:28 PM
Dream Big

Quote:
A scratch is forthcoming for Schultz. Only 3 shifts in each of the 2nd and 3rd periods (and 2 goals allowed in those 6 shifts).
If that is the case and Orlov gets the nod then I just hope to God he focuses on defense first. I'm worried he'll pinch etc. being too anxious to be a difference maker and leave the defense vulnerable. Other than that I like the kid.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:30 PM
Dream Big

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Matty B View Post
The Laich penalty was totally bogus. But Hendricks got away with a blatant high stick. Alzner got away with a roughing call that should have evened up that scrum. The Caps got away with multiple trips.

Both teams got away with a lot. But all of the obvious calls that should have been made against the Bruins were made. The same can't be said for our team.

But, if denying the obvious facts makes things easier for you, go for it.
You need to learn your rules. Alzner may have tried to pull someone off but there was no roughing.

Rule 51 - Roughing

51.1 Roughing – Roughing is a punching motion with the hand or fist, with or without the glove on the hand, normally directed at the head or face of an opponent.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:33 PM
HeyMattyB
Caps Fan in Philly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Big View Post
You need to learn your rules. Alzner may have tried to pull someone off but there was no roughing.

Rule 51 - Roughing

51.1 Roughing – Roughing is a punching motion with the hand or fist, with or without the glove on the hand, normally directed at the head or face of an opponent.
Yeah you need to check your eyes, I guess? After he got in between the two of them, there was plenty of pushing/shoving/roughing going on to more than justify an even-up call. We lucked out. And awesome to break out "The rulebook defines ROUGHING as" when....the rulebook barely defines roughing at all. "Normally directed at...."

You want to look back at all the roughing calls made in the NHL this season and see how many of them were a punching motion with blah blah blah? You can't possibly be that dense.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:34 PM
LetsGoBears

Why do I have a feeling that Caps are going to get screwed by someone else creating a **** storm about suspensions and the media going way over the top.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:47 PM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Big View Post
I was impressed with Backstrom tonight too. He's a beauty to watch when he's in the zone like that.
He picked up a match penalty at end,Correct me im wrong but that carries automatic game suspension ?

Old
04-17-2012, 12:06 AM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

So the Bruins were offside for the game winning goal...wonder if the Caps will get the same apology the Pens got...

Your thoughts, Matty B?

04-17-2012, 12:09 AM
Grudy0

Anyone notice after MP85 benched after the second goal?

From my perspective, there was too much line juggling. Then, when it becomes power play time, the normal power play units start and everything gets too cute.

Can we get some stability?

The defense. Shaking head back and forth with head in hands.

There was just too much changed up between last game and this game.

Old
04-17-2012, 12:14 AM
LetsGoBears

Whoa... the linesman is looking right down the line too At least the one in the Flyers game could say he was seeing it from behind.

Anyone trying to claim similar cross checks between Asham and Backstrom need their vision and sanity checked.

Old
04-17-2012, 12:40 AM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
PS Guys stop agreeing with Semin diving, he actually was making a smart play, it was hooking, and the hooking caused him to lose the puck trying to out of the zone, if he doesn't fall and no penalty is called which FYI hes used to, its gonna be a bad turnover at his own blue line and we would probably never seeing the hook be pissed at him.

They lock arms, at the chest and Backstrom wins, simple as that, Peverly is a ***** who can't take a hit.

Old
04-17-2012, 12:41 AM
XtremeofParanoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
So the Bruins were offside for the game winning goal...wonder if the Caps will get the same apology the Pens got...

Your thoughts, Matty B?

Probably not the best screen cap to make an offside argument with seeing as the play is clearly onside at that moment.

Old
04-17-2012, 01:06 AM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeofParanoia View Post
Probably not the best screen cap to make an offside argument with seeing as the play is clearly onside at that moment.
And you're here why?......the same photo is on the main boards......shoo, go away, adios

Old
04-17-2012, 01:08 AM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeofParanoia View Post
You sure are smart.

The puck has to fully cross the line, just the same when it comes to when its coming out of the zone. Pucks still on the line, off side..

Old
04-17-2012, 01:09 AM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Very clever. I'm convinced.

Old
04-17-2012, 01:22 AM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Just watched the whole Backstrom cross check highlight sequence on NBCSN intermission, the pathetic fatty said it was selfish, even though Backstrom did it specifically because of the slash on Ovechkin, how the **** is that selfish? If this is the regular season, I'm freaking happy about the whole sequence, whatever take the game off, but its nice to see someone stand up for Ovechkin after hes done it for them all these times.

Closed Thread