HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF: Game 3: Boston Bruins @ Washington Capitals. 4/16/12. Verizon Center. 7:30PM.

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2012, 08:58 AM
tycoonheart

vCash: 500
For those folks saying this is it for the caps and that they can't come back, I can't agree with you guys. It took them a fluke goal, the Hammer tipping it in, on a play that should've been called offside to win the game. We were that close. They got the bounces last night, we didn't.

I though the Bs looked fatigued, there were times in the game last night when we had them pinned in their zone and they had no answer for our 2nd line. That line is playing some amazing hockey. Ovi looks to be getting more and more room. If we win the next game, we take the series. I think we look fresher.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:02 AM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
There's absolutely no way laich should have got a penalty. Lucic was in his space, pushing further. Laich wasn't initiating contact, just standing, trying to stand actually, his side of the dot.
Agreed but when have you ever seen the refs not take both guys in that situation? Apparently standing your ground in that situation is a penalty but since it has always been that way I guess it doesn't really bother me.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:08 AM
Oldskool

I don't know wtf Backstrom was thinking there with his crosscheck. He obviously should have a) grabbed punched Peverley in the head and slam his face into the glass, b) perform jumping elbows on two unsuspecting different Bruins (his choice), or c) kick at Peverley's skate/ankle and if that does not work give him a forearm to the head.

Edit: Adding a second and a third sarcasm smiley.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:25 AM
SameOld

This just in: Alzner has it out for Lucic!!!!!! But really... the idiocy of this article is insane.
http://www.nesn.com/2012/04/karl-alz...lan-lucic.html

And yeah, the main boards are brutal. I was actually really enjoying the series while everyone was being pretty rational. Now that it's heated up the morons are out on both sides.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:32 AM
bonzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldskool View Post
I don't know wtf Backstrom was thinking there with his crosscheck. He obviously should have a) grabbed punched Peverley in the head and slam his face into the glass, b) perform jumping elbows on two unsuspecting different Bruins (his choice), or c) kick at Peverley's skate/ankle and if that does not work give him a forearm to the head.

Edit: Adding a second and a third sarcasm smiley.
Grassy knoll alert!

I wouldn't be surprised if the B's scouting staff identified Nic as a habitual cross-checker, as his first reaction when provoked.

IF you think about it, he's really not a shover, puncher, face washer kind of guy.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:33 AM
stanleycaps98
I cheer for laundry

If it gets to it, back-to-back for games 5 and 6 could favor the Caps.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:36 AM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
The internets seems to struggle with what exactly haha means.

I do remember LuCheech rudely grabbing Alzner's facemask earlier this year. Speaking about awaking anyone, its Alzner. The neanderthal doesn't seem to sleep much. It's interesting to see Alzner stepping it up and refusing to back down to the voted toughest player.

Too bad Sarge sack seems to have shrunk back to wence it came. No hits?? Yeesh.

Last edited by RandyHolt: 04-17-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old
04-17-2012, 09:46 AM
chsb

Backstrom is suspended for 1 game for his stickwork at the end of the game and Chimera goes apologizing to Marchand after the game for spearing his nuts.....

Just to show it goes on both sides and the series is heating up.
Embellishment of dives on both sides, unproper stickworks, squabbles after the whistle....it is all showing that tempers are flaring.

It should be a good series for next game on.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:48 AM
tycoonheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleycaps98 View Post
If it gets to it, back-to-back for games 5 and 6 could favor the Caps.
Absolutely. I'm telling you, the Bs looked fatigued last night. Kinda sucks there is a 2 day break before Game 4. Wish it was on Wednesday night.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:48 AM
bonzaibondra12

I hate the main board ref complaints. The refs ruined the game but the poor 4 on 4 play cost the game.

Schultz and Aucoin shouldn't play another minute. Preferably ever.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:52 AM
bonzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOld View Post
This just in: Alzner has it out for Lucic!!!!!! But really... the idiocy of this article is insane.
http://www.nesn.com/2012/04/karl-alz...lan-lucic.html

And yeah, the main boards are brutal. I was actually really enjoying the series while everyone was being pretty rational. Now that it's heated up the morons are out on both sides.
"Warmups..Thursday..It's commin' out mf!"

Old
04-17-2012, 09:54 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
A scratch is forthcoming for Schultz. Only 3 shifts in each of the 2nd and 3rd periods (and 2 goals allowed in those 6 shifts).
Holy ****! GMGM should direct DH not to give him another sweater the remainder of the playoffs solely on the basis that it may hurt his trade value come the off season.

Wideman and Schultz

Last edited by BiPolar Caps: 04-23-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Old
04-17-2012, 10:05 AM
Grudy0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzaibondra12 View Post
I hate the main board ref complaints. The refs ruined the game but the poor 4 on 4 play cost the game.
This.

We're supposed to have firepower on 4-on-4. Every 4-on-4 looked like a B's powerplay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzaibondra12 View Post
Schultz and Aucoin shouldn't play another minute. Preferably ever.
Here's my concern:

I realize that it's playoff time. I realize that the bench can be shortened. In the case of numerous Cup winners and runners-up, it isn't all that shortened. Not like we see it now. Double-shift Ovechkin at the beginning of the game? Put the fourth line, which isn't the normal fourth line, out with Wideman and Schultz?

There's just some coaching strategy that I just didn't agree with last night. It takes a team effort. And I'd say that even if we won.

It's time to agitate both Lucic and Chara. Ovechkin can pound on Seidenberg some more. Things were okay, to a point, until that second goal, where neither Wideman nor Schultz took any responsibility for clearing the front of the net.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:14 AM
kicksavedave
yeahright

I have come to find a metaphysical certainty about this series.

1) When a faceoff is lost, its always Brooks Laich losing it. I haven't seen him win a single important FO yet.

2) When a goal is scored against us, Shultz and Wideman will be on the ice but no where close to where they should be.

Those two fools are -4 each. No one else is within half that.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:20 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Let's not forget that we still have our Doomsday Machine at our disposal if the situation is warranted. I'm sure Dynamo will approve.

Last edited by BiPolar Caps: 04-23-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Old
04-17-2012, 10:21 AM
The Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
The internets seems to struggle with what exactly haha means.

I do remember LuCheech rudely grabbing Alzner's facemask earlier this year. Speaking about awaking anyone, its Alzner. The neanderthal doesn't seem to sleep much. It's interesting to see Alzner stepping it up and refusing to back down to the voted toughest player.

Too bad Sarge sack seems to have shrunk back to wence it came. No hits?? Yeesh.
Bruins fan here. It was interesting to see Alzner stepping it up and refusing to back down? Really? When? When he grabbed Lucic from behind, when he had a bunch of people between him and Lucic and made that crybaby guesture? If Alzner was going to step up, he could have, and he'll have at least two more games to have at it. You really think he wants to drop the mitts with Lucic? Lucic will roll Alzner's eyes back.

Unfortunately for Alzner, his antics are scripted in the "how not to play the Bruins" playbook. Lappy tried that last year in the finals, and you see how that worked out. That kind of farcical tough guy act galvanizes the B's and probably woke up Lucic, who has not been playing well so far. Stupid move.

This series has been great, and I have a great respect for the Caps now, especially Ov who has been trucking Seids all series. But for Alzner to taunt Lucic as if he will actually man up? Come on... he just looked silly. I can imagine his teammates thinking, "Bro, I get the intensity, but are you really sure you want to call this guy a cry baby?".

Old
04-17-2012, 10:24 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
Bruins fan here. It was interesting to see Alzner stepping it up and refusing to back down? Really? When? When he grabbed Lucic from behind, when he had a bunch of people between him and Lucic and made that crybaby guesture? If Alzner was going to step up, he could have, and he'll have at least two more games to have at it. You really think he wants to drop the mitts with Lucic? Lucic will roll Alzner's eyes back.

Unfortunately for Alzner, his antics are scripted in the "how not to play the Bruins" playbook. Lappy tried that last year in the finals, and you see how that worked out. That kind of farcical tough guy act galvanizes the B's and probably woke up Lucic, who has not been playing well so far. Stupid move.

This series has been great, and I have a great respect for the Caps now, especially Ov who has been trucking Seids all series. But for Alzner to taunt Lucic as if he will actually man up? Come on... he just looked silly. I can imagine his teammates thinking, "Bro, I get the intensity, but are you really sure you want to call this guy a cry baby?".
Shoo, tool.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:27 AM
plusone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksavedave View Post

1) When a faceoff is lost, its always Brooks Laich losing it. I haven't seen him win a single important FO yet.

The day Laich is no longer considered to be a center on this team is the day I throw a party.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:30 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

I gave Brooks a hard time in games 1 & 2, but he's the last player that deserves criticism for last night. He managed 50% in the dot, along with his 3 points.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:35 AM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
I liked seeing The Incredible Beagle out for the final faceoff. In years past, it was quite often Nick sub 50% years, in the playoffs and we all turned a blind eye since he was just a kid. Not that we scored or anything, but Beagle has earned more responsibility, and I like the idea of 2 good centers out there anyways. And we don't want the puck drawn to Beagle, so put him in the dot first.

Bruins fan, here? Why do Chusettians have such a hard time finding their board.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:37 AM
Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksavedave View Post

2) When a goal is scored against us, Shultz and Wideman will be on the ice but no where close to where they should be.

Those two fools are -4 each. No one else is within half that.

Laich is not a winner. He's not skilled enough, big enough or strong enough to compete and win against the big boys.

He scored a sweet goal. And he tries. But he's the underdog and the underdog usually gets mauled in the end. He's a weak center option. :/

Old
04-17-2012, 10:38 AM
NeilYoung

Yeah Laich seemed to loose every draw and then you look and he's at 50% not going to complain about him he brought it.

Lucic is a moron though yeah he's a real tough guy with his old Brooks Oprick ruitine roll into a scrum take the smallest guy. Punching a guy fresh off a concussion? No problem.

All this talks from Bruins fans about poking the bear is also hilarious.

"omgz Alzners in trouble every1"

Old
04-17-2012, 10:41 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
Laich is not a winner. He's not skilled enough, big enough or strong enough to compete and win against the big boys.

He scored a sweet goal. And he tries. But he's the underdog and the underdog usually gets mauled in the end. He's a weak center option. :/
you must just hate listening to pierre mcguire rattle on about brooks laich then. do you mute?

Old
04-17-2012, 10:42 AM
bonzaibondra12

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid View Post

tl;dr

Old
04-17-2012, 10:42 AM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
So the Bruins were offside for the game winning goal...wonder if the Caps will get the same apology the Pens got...

Your thoughts, Matty B?

Need to see that live. In still pic he could have pushed puck over, then pulled it back onto the blue line. But I assume that's been looked at by all who've been tweeting.

Closed Thread