HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Lacasse & Dulac - Mooseheads vs. Drakkar

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2004, 07:38 PM
bazz

vCash: 500
Lacasse & Dulac - Mooseheads vs. Drakkar

Last night I was in Halifax to see the Mooseheads game against the Drakkar. That game was absolute nuts! I don't know if any of you heard about it, the Moose won 10-2 and about half of both teams were ejected!

Loic Lacasse was in net, and I must say he did fairly well. He awesome down low and with mad scrambles in front of the net, but he needs to stop letting out so many rebounds. But then you can argue that his D men weren't very good at all. It was 1-1 after the first, and then in the first 3 minutes of the 2nd period, he let in 3 goals and was replaced by Dupont. 2 were powerplay goals and the other was just a wrist shot from the slot. But the Mooseheads were all over him, his Defense weren't doing a thing, which is why he let in the goals. Dupont didn't do much better by letting in another 6 goals. All in all - he played a good game and stopped some good shots down low, slap shots from the point - all of those seemed easy for him. He needs work on high shots, but that's about it. And maybe gain some muscle. He could also play the puck fairly well too.

Then with about 6 minutes left in the 3rd it was war. The score was something like 7-1 by this point and there was one huge brawl in front of where I was sitting - direcly behind the net. Everybody was fighting, and the refs tried to get in on it but got taken out as well. This is where Dulac came in. I didn't know he was a Montreal prospect but I found out later. One player off of the Drakkar got ejected so they opened the gates for him to go off. Meanwhile - Dulac is punching some other guy's lights out and when the doors were opened he just ran into him and they both were lieing on the concrete of where the Zambonie comes through - right below me. He was still punching..man oh man I thought. Then he got up and smiled at the crowd with 2 teeth missing and another chipped and walked to the dressing room. That guy can fight...

After about 10 minutes of cleaning the ice up, the next face off broke into another fight. Drakkar players went over to the Mooseheads bench and started pulling players onto the ice.. Nuts!
The next face off resulted in the same..It took about 45 minutes to see 10 seconds go off the clock. At one point, the Drakkar had 1 player on the bench - 3 on the ice and the rest were inthe penalty box or in the dressing room. RCMP came down to make sure the crowd wasn't gonna start fighting each other. It was just nuts at the Metro Centre last night!

Old
12-04-2004, 08:03 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Damn I was going to listen to this game on the radio, but didn't think it would be a good game. Too bad Lacasse doesn't get much help on defense. It's pretty bad when Lemelin is their leading scorer. At the development camp he really struggled, although he's got a long reach which seems to help him in his own end.

Old
12-04-2004, 09:27 PM
tnq

Lacasse remind me of Patrick Roy (playing for a bad team). Maybe Habs wanted to ...

Old
12-04-2004, 10:45 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnq
Lacasse remind me of Patrick Roy (playing for a bad team). Maybe Habs wanted to ...
Wha?

Lacasse has a .880 Save% and 3.93 GAA.

How is that anything like Patrick Roy?

Old
12-04-2004, 10:53 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
Wha?

I think He was comparing his butterfly style to Patrick Roy not his stats.

Btw have you seen Drakkar play ? The defence of this team is HORRIBLE !!! Poor Lacasse !!! And as like Montreal said Lemelin is their leader in points.Yeah there's a problem !

Old
12-05-2004, 02:47 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

what were your thought on Alex Picard-Hooper?

Old
12-05-2004, 10:14 AM
tnq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
Wha?

have you ever seen Roy's statistic in Q :lol
1982-83 Granby Bisons QMJHL 6.26
1983-84 Granby Bisons QMJHL 4.44
1984-85 Granby Bisons QMJHL 5.55
1984-85 Sherbrooke Canadiens AHL 4.00
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...3?pid=00004688

Old
12-05-2004, 10:21 AM
CH Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnq
I noticed something useless.He had more points in his nhl career then Langdon has actually.

:lol

Old
12-05-2004, 10:47 AM
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone
I think He was comparing his butterfly style to Patrick Roy not his stats.

Btw have you seen Drakkar play ? The defence of this team is HORRIBLE !!! Poor Lacasse !!! And as like Montreal said Lemelin is their leader in points.Yeah there's a problem !
Huh, he's not comparing his style either, he's just saying that Roy had to deal with a sh1tty team, as Lacasse right now.

Old
12-05-2004, 11:10 AM
CH Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan
Huh, he's not comparing his style either, he's just saying that Roy had to deal with a sh1tty team, as Lacasse right now.
oh ok.I was confuse.I thought He was comparing his style.The problem with Lacasse is that He's staying too often in the net.He has sometimes to be in a little bit more in front of the net.To have a better control.

And Yeah He's playing with a weak team.I hope Lacasse will show in the years to come that evaluating him while playing with a weak team was a huge mistake.

Last edited by CH Wizard: 12-05-2004 at 11:15 AM.
Old
12-05-2004, 01:22 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnq
That was in a different era of the QMJHL.

Old
12-05-2004, 09:01 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Lemelin seem to be improuving! He had like 3 goals in the past 5 games! Not bad for a defensive defenseman...Maybe he can become something in 5 years

Old
12-06-2004, 08:49 AM
bazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
Lemelin seem to be improuving! He had like 3 goals in the past 5 games! Not bad for a defensive defenseman...Maybe he can become something in 5 years
No really - Lemelin didn't seem that bad at all. He had a lot of ice time and was always around the net. Hitting whoever that moved. He looked huge too, as in height. He seemed to always be in the open waiting for that pass to take it up the ice. Good skater with a fierce side. When he got in that fight, I couldn't believe it. He then got up and had like no teeth! Someone the habs are in need of. You couldn't see Markov, Brisebois, or even Rivet and Komisarek for that matter getting into something like that. That's they way you protect your team!

Closed Thread