HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Playoffs Thread| Marlies sweep Rochester 3-0!

Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2012, 11:43 PM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

vCash: 50
5 goals 6 pts in 3 games. JD!

Old
04-23-2012, 11:47 PM
RedRenegade

vCash: 500
D'Amigo was the first star for all three games? Wow! That's gotta be a good sign. If he keeps that up he's got to get consideration for a roster spot in the big show.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:55 PM
sangreale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Percy looks like he needs to work on his offense a little bit but good puck possession by the Colborne line.
Trust me it is the best part of his game. Watch him play at the junior level. This is a development thing for him. The Leafs are smart using him as they are in this situation.

Old
04-24-2012, 12:30 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

someone want to give me a summary missed it unfortuantely.

04-24-2012, 12:47 AM
go_leafs_go02

vCash: 695
Hope they play Abbotsford, gives me a chance to see a little more hockey this spring. Canucks are thankfully out, so now the focus can be on the Heat out here, good crowd, good playoff, and let's hope the Marlies advance, although they lost both games out here a week or so ago.

Sucks for the Marlies since the time zone change is something they never had to really deal with in the AHL.

Old
04-24-2012, 01:02 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
Missed the game
same here.

Old
04-24-2012, 02:08 AM
Doshy

Kadri's goal is on mapleleafs.com for anyone who missed it.

Old
04-24-2012, 02:18 AM
A1LeafNation
Thanks Boston.

vCash: 566
D'Amigo makes the big club in the fall, book it!

NHL size, fast, two-way player, PK'er, clutch...

Old
04-24-2012, 03:43 AM
FlareKnight

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1LeafNation View Post

He's definitely made a statement with his play so far. He's got a good chance that's for sure.

Old
04-24-2012, 06:14 AM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1LeafNation View Post

"NHL size"?

whut?

Old
04-24-2012, 06:20 AM
Yosho
Logic

Nice to see JD doing so well!

Old
04-24-2012, 06:26 AM
Interactif
Meet The New Boss

Eakins praised the 4th line or in his words the 2nd line in the end series presser, of Rosie, Acton and Scott.

Old
04-24-2012, 06:32 AM
Interactif
Meet The New Boss

Nazem Kadri has always come up big when the games are big going back to his junior days with London. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone he will and has elevated his game in the playoffs for the Marlies.

Some players have the knack, another intangible to consider for folks that are in a hurry to trade our most talented prospect, pre June 12 draft.

Old
04-24-2012, 07:03 AM
Nickolopolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
"NHL size"?

whut?
He's 5'11, 215lbs. That sounds like NHL size to me.

Old
04-24-2012, 07:05 AM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

I have concerns about Kadri. Especially after his post-goal celebration. First of all you don't ever celebrate like that when you score the 3rd goal in a 3-0 game against a soft goalie like that. 2ndly because of Kadri's antics the game puck was flipped out of bounds after the game. It should have been given to Scrivens who won the game for the Marlies. Lastly he looked like a UFC fighter with that celebration. Sort of like he practiced it in the mirror. If he wants to celebrate like a fighter he better learn to drop the gloves.

Embarrassing

Old
04-24-2012, 07:08 AM
Nazem Gretzky
Eller 4 Selke

Send a message via AIM to Nazem Gretzky
Quote:
I have concerns about Kadri. Especially after his post-goal celebration. First of all you don't ever celebrate like that when you score the 3rd goal in a 3-0 game against a soft goalie like that. 2ndly because of Kadri's antics the game puck was flipped out of bounds after the game. It should have been given to Scrivens who won the game for the Marlies. Lastly he looked like a UFC fighter with that celebration. Sort of like he practiced it in the mirror. If he wants to celebrate like a fighter he better learn to drop the gloves.

Embarrassing

Where to start.

Old
04-24-2012, 07:12 AM
bobbyflex

Quote:

Embarrassing
I'm gonna agree with this. Hopefully Eakins or one of the vets gives Kadri a good smack upside the head

Old
04-24-2012, 07:31 AM
Raging Bull

Quote:

Embarrassing
What the **** are you talking about?

I find myself actually hoping Kadri gets traded so I don't have to read this type of stuff about him anymore. Let someone else actually appreciate his talent.

Kadri shows emotion in a playoff game = Showoff, terrible team player, conceded.
Any other player shows emotion in a playoff game = Warrior, intensity, team player.

Old
04-24-2012, 07:34 AM
Morguee

Quote:

Embarrassing
I believe a "haters gonna hate" gif would be an appropriate response.

Old
04-24-2012, 07:35 AM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
I'm gonna agree with this. Hopefully Eakins or one of the vets gives Kadri a good smack upside the head
Agree with Raging Bull, you people should smack your own wonky heads.

Old
04-24-2012, 07:38 AM
SprDaVE

I wasn't a big fan of the big big celebration either. Had he celebrated a bit more like D'Amigo I think it would have been more appropriate.

Kadri does love to celebrate in that way though. He's like Ovechkin, he goes nuts when he scores - which isn't a bad thing at all.

Kadri got a monkey off his back so I really don't mind the celebration to be honest. I do think he should have just kept it a bit shorter.

Old
04-24-2012, 08:00 AM
Kulemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post

I find myself actually hoping Kadri gets traded so I don't have to read this type of stuff about him anymore. Let someone else actually appreciate his talent.

Kadri shows emotion in a playoff game = Showoff, terrible team player, conceded.
Any other player shows emotion in a playoff game = Warrior, intensity, team player.
He would probably want yakupov or Galchenyuk traded if we drafted them because they do huge celi's even bigger than that. Clearly classless.

Old
04-24-2012, 08:04 AM
edwardslane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post

Well said.. I agree let the dude be himself.. did you watch the interview later? he said he was being Hackled in the Penalty box.. he scored like right after and was happy..

he's 21 seriously give the kid a break.. Leafs need a kid like that with energy.

Brett Lawrie is doing wonders for the jays with his intensity and energy..

Old
04-24-2012, 08:07 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprDaVE View Post
I wasn't a big fan of the big big celebration either. Had he celebrated a bit more like D'Amigo I think it would have been more appropriate.

Kadri does love to celebrate in that way though. He's like Ovechkin, he goes nuts when he scores - which isn't a bad thing at all.

Kadri got a monkey off his back so I really don't mind the celebration to be honest. I do think he should have just kept it a bit shorter.
He isn't the only player that does that. I/we've seen players push teammates away to go thump their chest for all to see and I'm not sure how teammate feels about it?

In a team game, seldom does a player score without assistance from teammates, and these celebrations tell their mates they aren't involved.

But as I said, it is done by players throughout the league quite often.

Riding on their stick, doing the leap, smashing into the glass, there are lots of these displays.

Equivalent of about every 2nd. dunk that happens in the NBA. Dunks? There are like 3 NBA players who can't dunk? Celebrating a dunk is about the equivalent of doing a Glass Smash for an empty netter.

Hopefully, he starts scoring more and acts like it isn't something special.

We should scale back expectations, he's no Spezza, but in time he should be a good NHL player.

He was the Leafs' leading scorer in the 196364, 196667 and 196970 seasons, and the team's top goal scorer in 197071 and 197273. Keon was considered one of the fastest skaters in the NHL, and one of the best defensive forwards of his era.[3] He would usually play against the opposing team's top centre, and developed a reputation for neutralizing some of the league's top scorers. In 197071, he scored eight shorthanded goals, setting an NHL record.

Last edited by ULF_55: 04-24-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Old
04-24-2012, 08:10 AM
Sergei Berezin

I think the celebration was great until he raised his arms to the side like Jesus Wasn't classless, it just looked dumb.

Only 1 and a half classless Subbans out of 5, though.

I'm sure Burke and Nonis or Eakins will have a word with him if they really don't feel that's how they wanna do things, but as long as Naz is scoring, he can celly like that all he wants.

Closed Thread