HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 3 Catharsis, Part 2 - Get it All Out, Bra

Old
04-15-2012, 11:52 PM
Prattio

vCash: 500
The worst part is part of me feels like all shero is gonna do is make some minor moves. Mabye dump Martin and then rinse and repeat. This teams defense top to bottom needs a change minus letang and nisky. engos fine if hes the 7. But the other three... The only one I could even stomach keeping is z. I keep hearing what leader brooks is but I don't see it. Just dumb penalties and saying this is on all of us. Newsflash saying everyone is at fault doesn't make you a good leader or particularly brave.

Prattio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 11:53 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Clarification:

10 Foot Martin

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 11:54 PM
Miss Ausguins
The Aussie Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivek View Post
Down 3-0 in the series, just like Flyers were down 3-0 in game 1. Right where we want them, right, right?

Sadly, I'll be watching game 4 to the brutal end, win or loss.
I plan on wearing Black and cheering the fellas to the end (black for Mourning).

I want the Awesome Regular Season Team back!!!!!!!!

Miss Ausguins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 11:55 PM
Kruncher11
a whole lotta grease

IF the Pens can win this next one, just maybe... It will give them some motivation and wake them the **** up. Then we will be back at consol on a good note and hopefully continue the momentum we've started to build. But then in game 6 at phillly it gets kinda dark....

but I really doubt we get to a game 6.

Kruncher11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 11:55 PM
Dovahkiin
Geno! Geno! Geno!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Clarification:

10 Foot Martin

Still is afraid to be hit.

Dovahkiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 11:59 PM
vodeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prattio View Post
The worst part is part of me feels like all shero is gonna do is make some minor moves. Mabye dump Martin and then rinse and repeat. This teams defense top to bottom needs a change minus letang and nisky. engos fine if hes the 7. But the other three... The only one I could even stomach keeping is z. I keep hearing what leader brooks is but I don't see it. Just dumb penalties and saying this is on all of us. Newsflash saying everyone is at fault doesn't make you a good leader or particularly brave.
trust me, it's going to be a wholesale including Bylsma, The Owners make money on play off games, and there haven't been many lately....

vodeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:08 AM
Clarence Beeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach John McGuirk View Post
Fun fact: The Flyers have scored 4 short-handed goals to our 3 power play goals.

Wow.
Three...

Clarence Beeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:12 AM
JWells16

Disappointment

Let me start by saying that I haven't been on HF today after the game. If this thread needs to be locked/killed/merged then feel free. Mods, I know you've been busy today, and I sincerely don't mean to invite trouble.

I've been a Pens fan since I can remember. One of my oldest memories that I have is watching the playoffs over my grandparents house when I was 5. I watched in awe as Mario Lemieux and Kevin Stevens and Paul Coffey would play such a beautiful game. I enjoyed many good years as a young Penguins fan until the X Generation years came. I still watched every game that I could. As a teenager without a driver's license, it wasn't hard. Even in those years, I was not embarrassed to call myself a Pens fan. I watched Ric Jackman operate a power play with Tomas Surovy and Rico Fata. I watched Dick Tarnstrom of all people lead the Penguins in points for a year. Even then, I wasn't embarrassed to call myself a Penguins fan. I remember the lockout ending, and big names like Leclair and Palffy and Gonchar were brought in to play alongside what looked, on paper, to be a promising team. They lost their first 10 games. Still, I wasn't embarrassed.

Watching the game today, from my living room, in Raleigh, NC, I was embarrassed. This team showed absolutely no fight today, no desire to do the hard things that make winners, no passion. I watched a team give up 8 goals on Friday. A focused team does not allow that to happen again. We did. Instead, I watched players take selfish penalties. I'm looking at you, Chris Kunitz, Arron Asham, and James Neal. You are better than that. You are smarter than that. These penalties were followed up with lazy penalty killing, flimsy stick work, and poor defensive coverage. This PK set a Pens record. At this rate, it may set another Pens record for a playoff PK.

Maybe Tortorella was right about one thing: arrogance. Maybe. Quite honestly, I'm not sure, but what I do know is this: this team is not willing to do what it takes to win. Is it arrogance? Do they think that showing up is good enough? Maybe, maybe not. Who am I to say. What I see is a team that thinks it can win without taking hits, without back checking, without sound gap control, and without discipline. For those who believe that this is how the Pens act, today certainly didn't change their mind. The 7th(!) goal was especially terrible. It is a 4 on 2, and we have a forward getting manhandled by the man with the puck, and 3 other men who stand watching Giroux wide open in the slot.

Today was not "hard playoff hockey". Well, it was from the Flyers anyway. Get hit, take a hit, whatever. Do it hard, and do it legally. Arron Asham, I hope that I don't see you in a Penguin uniform ever again. I am all for sticking up for teammates. That wasn't it. That was a cheapshot, and I hope the league takes appropriate action. James Neal, I cannot even put my disappointment into words. A blindside, leaping charge on Couturier followed up by a charge on Giroux? Unnecessary. We watched our team get decimated by concussions this year. Apparently, it didn't matter. I haven't seen a Pens team play so soft and follow it up with such cheap shots like this before. If you want to be tough, hit someone who is fair game in a legal way. Cheap shotting someone does not make you tough.

I have defended Pens players before when it's been needed, but I won't be touching this. I have always been a Pens fan, and I always will be. But I have a hard time believing that I am going to go into next season as passionate as I have each of the past 20+ years... unless I see changes in the way our game is played. Wednesday could very well be the last game of our season. At this rate, I don't mind it if it is. But show me something. Show me that losing to a heated rival actually matters. Don't take a lazy interference penalty. Skate your ass off to get back into position. Don't check an unsuspecting player without the puck. Take his number and lay him out legally. Backcheck on an odd man rush. Show me something than our 08-09 teams had: effort, desire, passion... that is what it takes to win a championship, and that is what this team is missing.

Cheers

EDIT - And as I post this, I see the "Get it all out, bra" thread... Sorry mods.

JWells16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:13 AM
Rocket of Russia
Defender of Tang

+Neal - awesome energy, good amount of shots, throwin the body around...been said before, but he really looked like one of the few to give a...

+Crosby - post-fight...er game interview was hilarious. He was a -2 but he played well and was trying to get the team hyped any way he could. I don't think he should be fighting but calling out Giroux and Schenn was funny. To Frazer Crane, Crosby has no business fighting Schenn? Did you remember to tell Kovalchuk that too?

-Defensemen...it's been said enough but...how long does it take Orpik to make a decision? How long was he going to decide Dupuis couldn't handle Jagr before he slides over? How long is Martin...going to be playing? I've never seen someone biff so many times trying to make a pass skating backwards with absolutely no pressure. Michalek...see Martin but even though he might not biff that often and is slightly more physical, his first pass abilities have gone downhill. As soon as the first pass to the wing is taken away he has absolutely no idea what to do. And his gap control is beyond poor.

I can't give Letang a minus even though he took himself out of the game when he's a player crucial to the Penguin's success; the guy goes hard.

I can't give Fleury a minus either because he is always left out to dry but he hasn't made his usual game-changing save at all this season. And that first goal was terrible.

Last edited by Rocket of Russia: 04-16-2012 at 12:47 AM.
Rocket of Russia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:18 AM
HuskerTornado
Monster Snow Goon

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip658997
Bringing this video into the new thread because it's Sid telling it like it is.

HuskerTornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:19 AM
hctopcheds11

I'm making a bold prediction:

If the Pens lose this series, Shea Weber or Ryan Suter will be a Penguin come opening night next season.

It just screams a Shero move to me. If he's going to go after a guy, he goes after them hard and they are usually someone who he is familiar with (both Nasvhille guys). Add to that, they are game changers and both fit the mold of what we need (Weber moreso IMO).

Defensively we need:

+A physical defender (Check)
+A PP threat who defenses HAVE to respect (Check)
+A shutdown defender with a mean streak (Check)
+A winner at all levels but someone who is still extremely hungry (no SC yet)

Call me crazy, but I give up Staal+ to make it happen and figure out the cap later.

hctopcheds11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:21 AM
malkovsby

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyg26 View Post
I'm making a bold prediction:

If the Pens lose this series, Shea Weber or Ryan Suter will be a Penguin come opening night next season.

It just screams a Shero move to me. If he's going to go after a guy, he goes after them hard and they are usually someone who he is familiar with (both Nasvhille guys). Add to that, they are game changers and both fit the mold of what we need (Weber moreso IMO).

Defensively we need:

+A physical defender (Check)
+A PP threat who defenses HAVE to respect (Check)
+A shutdown defender with a mean streak (Check)
+A winner at all levels but someone who is still extremely hungry (no SC yet)

Call me crazy, but I give up Staal+ to make it happen and figure out the cap later.
not gonna happen...we would have a cap disaster in the future

malkovsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:22 AM
Zirakzigil

vCash: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
I recommend you see someone about that and absolutely no eggs tomorrow morning.
Im confused...

So um um Martin sucks??

Zirakzigil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:24 AM
PhysicalGraffiti
Tampa Island

I'd consider myself a casual Pens fan I guess. Have family from Pittsburgh, gone to a few games including game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals a few years back, and root for them when they don't play the Isles or Bolts.

That being said:

The Asham crosscheck was not nearly as vicious as the idiot announcers, and that moron Mike Milbury made it seem. It was a crosscheck to the chest, and the stick when up and hit him in the chin. It was not some NASTY CROSSCHECK RIGHT TO THE THROAT. They need to relax.

The Neal hit on Cout was also not as bad as everyone wants to make it. I said this in the other thread and was getting flamed non-stop as a troll. But I truly believe if anything, it was a 2 minute penalty for interference. Did his feet come up a little, yes. Did he hit his head or intent to injure the guy? Hell no. He put a solid shoulder check into him, and his head went back from the force. It wasn't a hit to the head. It was just a hit away from the puck, those things happen.

The last Neal hit on Girioux was Neal playing intense and going to level him, and he tried to duck out of the freaking way! He ducked, and that's how he ended up getting tapped in the head.

Adams and Hartnell fight was also not as big of a deal as the announcers, commentator idiots like Milbury and that assclown Pierre, made it seem. He clearly grabbed Hartnells pads. Maybe he got some of those girly locks in there, but that wasn't his intention nor what he wanted to do. Pierre is such a ******, OH I SAW IT, HE PULLED HIS HAIR THAT'S WHY THE REFS STEPPED IN.

I really hope suspensions aren't handed out, it would be just more severe overreaction by the anti-hitting and anti-fighting Shanahan. He wants this to be figure skating, so I won't be surprised if he suspends Neal and Asham because he's an *******.

The Flyers fans are delusional, and so are the commentators for these games (at least for the feed I got).

Milbury sucks.
Pierre is a toolbag.
I hate the Flyers.
Lets go Pens! Time for the comeback!

PhysicalGraffiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:25 AM
hctopcheds11

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkovsby View Post
not gonna happen...we would have a cap disaster in the future
Not necessarily. Keep in mind, you'd be moving salary back the other way and you are moving out Martin (who granted, you will be taking back salary for).

But, IMO, Adding a top 6 winger, Shea Weber and letting our kids gain experience is drastically better than having Jordan Staal, Paul Martin, Tyler Kennedy and Brooks Orpik on our team. That's just me though..

hctopcheds11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:28 AM
Clarence Beeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicalGraffiti View Post
I'd consider myself a casual Pens fan I guess. Have family from Pittsburgh, gone to a few games including game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals a few years back, and root for them when they don't play the Isles or Bolts.

That being said:

The Asham crosscheck was not nearly as vicious as the idiot announcers, and that moron Mike Milbury made it seem. It was a crosscheck to the chest, and the stick when up and hit him in the chin. It was not some NASTY CROSSCHECK RIGHT TO THE THROAT. They need to relax.

The Neal hit on Cout was also not as bad as everyone wants to make it. I said this in the other thread and was getting flamed non-stop as a troll. But I truly believe if anything, it was a 2 minute penalty for interference. Did his feet come up a little, yes. Did he hit his head or intent to injure the guy? Hell no. He put a solid shoulder check into him, and his head went back from the force. It wasn't a hit to the head. It was just a hit away from the puck, those things happen.

The last Neal hit on Girioux was Neal playing intense and going to level him, and he tried to duck out of the freaking way! He ducked, and that's how he ended up getting tapped in the head.

Adams and Hartnell fight was also not as big of a deal as the announcers, commentator idiots like Milbury and that assclown Pierre, made it seem. He clearly grabbed Hartnells pads. Maybe he got some of those girly locks in there, but that wasn't his intention nor what he wanted to do. Pierre is such a ******, OH I SAW IT, HE PULLED HIS HAIR THAT'S WHY THE REFS STEPPED IN.

I really hope suspensions aren't handed out, it would be just more severe overreaction by the anti-hitting and anti-fighting Shanahan. He wants this to be figure skating, so I won't be surprised if he suspends Neal and Asham because he's an *******.

The Flyers fans are delusional, and so are the commentators for these games (at least for the feed I got).

Milbury sucks.
Pierre is a toolbag.
I hate the Flyers.
I agree with pretty much all of this. The only thing I want to add is that it frustrates me TO NO END that they are making a huge deal out of the Neal hit on Couturier when Schenn did THE EXACT SAME THING on the hit (I forget who it was on now) that Asham was responding to. Charging? Check. Left his feet? Check. Hit to the head? Check. Outrage from Emerick, Pierre, Milbury and Jones? Er... derp...

Clarence Beeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

until we actually find someone who wants Martin, maybe we should wait to make up our dream teams?

KaylaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Crozbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Crafton View Post
the real question is will we be saying: great comeback or greatest comeback?
yep, agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicalGraffiti View Post
I'd consider myself a casual Pens fan I guess.

Milbury sucks.
Pierre is a toolbag.
I hate the Flyers.
Hell yeah, I'll go with that!

Last edited by Crozbar: 04-16-2012 at 12:39 AM.
Crozbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:29 AM
jerome garcia

goin fishing tomorrow to get my mind off this ****. the flyers are a good team, but we're makin them look amazing by shooting ourselves in the balls at every opportunity. whatever we do in game four is too little too late. the first game should have been a wake up call for us, and it wasn't. what's that say about this team and our coaches? we are arrogant to a fault, and that's a coaching problem. i'm sure mike therrien didnt let his players get too complacent and lazy. disco gives these guys too much respect, or something. you need to yell at guys and call them out when they are ******** the bed shift after shift. you cant be buddies with your players all the time. i'm not saying you go tortorella on them all the time, but mix it up once in a while.

jerome garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:33 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Spreadin Cheer;Mumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerTornado View Post
Love it.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:37 AM
SomeDude

Quote:
What a ***** that reporter was. I didn't recognize the voice so I'm assuming it was a Philly guy (would go along with the questioning too) you could tell Sid just wanted to tell him to go **** himself.

SomeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:37 AM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Whoops. Forgot a +

+Niskannen. Gutsy of him to be in there with whatever is clearly messed up with his shoulder/arm, and he was our best defenseman to boot (which isn't really saying much). Give him Orpik's A after you send Brooksie packing. This guy tonight is what playoff hockey is all about, not all this other crap.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:45 AM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
What a dumb question, "Why did you knock the glove?" Why do you think, you moron. It's war, idiot.

I thought the knocking of the glove was awesome! I like that kind of stuff. It's harmless.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:53 AM
DreamBeaut

got a nice new heavy bag to put up this week and take out the frustrations on.

another year will come. le sigh

DreamBeaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:54 AM
PhysicalGraffiti
Tampa Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarence Beeks View Post
I agree with pretty much all of this. The only thing I want to add is that it frustrates me TO NO END that they are making a huge deal out of the Neal hit on Couturier when Schenn did THE EXACT SAME THING on the hit (I forget who it was on now) that Asham was responding to. Charging? Check. Left his feet? Check. Hit to the head? Check. Outrage from Emerick, Pierre, Milbury and Jones? Er... derp...
Yeah, I was texting my Uncle in Pitt after the game. He said the same thing. He and I both love the claim of Pittsburgh bias and the league loving Pittsburgh and wanting them to win. Guess that wasn't so true.

but that Schenn hit was MUCH more flagrant in terms of leaving his feet and headshot like you said. You can argue about Neal's momentum and him coming a little off his skates. Schenn freaking jumped in the air like some pro wrestler.

Emerick and Pierre really make it hard to watch these games. And how Milbury has a job in anything other than a fry cook is beyond me.

And thanks Husker, that video was awesome! I loved Crosby's response and reaction. It's funny how the Philly fans are all up in arms about Crosby and how he was during the game. I don't recall once seeing him initiate a fight. Scrums happen all the time where players shove or push and pull people. That was all I saw him do. To call him out for not fighting when he recently came back from a head injury that at times seemed career threatening is hilarious. One of, if not, the best player in the league now is not going to risk his career for some dirtbag from the Flyers.

It just shows what low lifes those fans are.

PhysicalGraffiti is offline   Reply With Quote