HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 3 Catharsis, Part 2 - Get it All Out, Bra

Old
04-16-2012, 12:37 PM
Banger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Frasier Crane View Post
And then he's a ***** for jumping Schenn or he drops his gloves and Schenn skates away and Sid gets an extra penalty. He can't win either way.
again, he doesn't have to jump or sucker punch him. He can push away from the linesman, drop his gloves, take off the helmut and go. Hartnell did the same thing with Adams seconds later...they didn't discuss it...they dropped them and went.

Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:39 PM
DegenX
#FireMorehouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
Two separate hearings for Neal? So one for the hit on Couturier and one for the hit on Giroux? Seriously?
And nothing for the Flyers hit on Martin or Grossman's knee on knee. Maybe they'll get looked at as a result of what's said in the hearings, but I'm not holding my breath. At least it'll be another example of Pens players not getting a free pass, but I'm sure that will either be ignored or justified. It's a safe play for Shanny ... suspend a couple of players to show he's serious about player safety even though it's pretty much a given that those players wouldn't be playing anyway.

DegenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:43 PM
JTG

You can get under Sid's skin. Everyone has always known how fiery he is, and he can get rattled if you start to aggravate him. I think you're seeing an aggravated Sidney Crosby. The problem with him being aggravated is that he can forget about playing hockey.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Polaris Husky
The North Star

One to suspend Neal for the remainder of the playoffs (1 game, durr hurr), One to suspend him for the entirety of the 2013 season to prove that "We don't have a pro-Pens bias, honest!".

Polaris Husky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:44 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DegenX View Post
And nothing for the Flyers hit on Martin or Grossman's knee on knee. Maybe they'll get looked at as a result of what's said in the hearings, but I'm not holding my breath. At least it'll be another example of Pens players not getting a free pass, but I'm sure that will either be ignored or justified. It's a safe play for Shanny ... suspend a couple of players to show he's serious about player safety even though it's pretty much a given that those players wouldn't be playing anyway.
That Grossman hit has been completely ignored. If it were a Penguin, there'd be 3 threads on it.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Banger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DegenX View Post
seriously? you mean like there was for Orpik on Stefan or Vitale on Grossman (that caused him to miss games) over the past couple weeks? That's a play that happens once every couple games. He was penalized for it, you scored on it, justice was served.

Old
04-16-2012, 12:45 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
You can get under Sid's skin. Everyone has always known how fiery he is, and he can get rattled if you start to aggravate him. I think you're seeing an aggravated Sidney Crosby. The problem with him being aggravated is that he can forget about playing hockey.
It's amazing when you think back how concerned they were with everything besides the Flyers net at times, especially as the game went on

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:49 PM
Human
cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
It's amazing when you think back how concerned they were with everything besides the Flyers net at times, especially as the game went on
exactly. what I hate the most out of all this mess, is the fact that we're looking like the old Flyers and the Flyers are looking like the old Pens. I hate gooning it up, it makes them look like a bunch of frustrated losers.

Human is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:50 PM
nwpensfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florentino Ariza View Post
For the first time since I started watching Crosby play, I can say that he looked like a sore loser out there and he was doing things that just clearly were not going to get under the Flyers' skin. As I said, this was the first game that I have ever seen where somebody criticizing him would be very justified.

I don't say this because I care about the things that he did. He just didn't do a good job of keeping his composure and being a good captain. He should have known after the first two or three incidents that he wasn't getting his team going by doing that.

The whole team just looked sad.
Do not want to excuse what Sid did because it was certainly not his best hour but I believe it was frustration not just with the Flyers but more with his teamates and their total lack of focus and even interest in the past month or so since Sidney came back. They really have not played what DB calls "Penguins Hockey" (DB is really at fault for this) with an emphasis on defense.

We will see what kind of captain he is by how he responds not just the rest of the series but in the offseason IMHO.

nwpensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:51 PM
laufer72
Ashburton Grove

Did anyone else noticed how Voracek went after Sullivan every time there was a scrum? Nobody his size but Sullivan?

laufer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:53 PM
nwpensfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banger View Post
seriously? you mean like there was for Orpik on Stefan or Vitale on Grossman (that caused him to miss games) over the past couple weeks? That's a play that happens once every couple games. He was penalized for it, you scored on it, justice was served.
Thank goodness, we finally have a 'Minister of Justice' on the Pens HF boards!!

nwpensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:59 PM
khaoskennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer72 View Post
Did anyone else noticed how Voracek went after Sullivan every time there was a scrum? Nobody his size but Sullivan?
at one point im pretty sure schenn? and voracek both went after sully in a scrum lol

khaoskennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:00 PM
TheSniper26
No cure for being...

Quote:
again, he doesn't have to jump or sucker punch him. He can push away from the linesman, drop his gloves, take off the helmut and go. Hartnell did the same thing with Adams seconds later...they didn't discuss it...they dropped them and went.
The problem with this is that you're pretending it's not also just as common to see two guys discuss it beforehand and then go. You can dance around it and pretend you know Crosby's true intentions all you want, but the fact remains that he asked Schenn, and Schenn declined. If Crosby was as scared of Schenn and not really prepared to fight as you seem to think, I have my doubts that he would challenge him in any form.

TheSniper26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:02 PM
TheSniper26
No cure for being...

Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer72 View Post
And according to Flyers fans, Crosby didn't "man up" when he asked a bigger guy to fight.

TheSniper26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:02 PM
Corsi Close

Not Pens related but thought this might help.

Corsi Close is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:06 PM
Florentino Ariza

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpensfan View Post
Do not want to excuse what Sid did because it was certainly not his best hour but I believe it was frustration not just with the Flyers but more with his teamates and their total lack of focus and even interest in the past month or so since Sidney came back. They really have not played what DB calls "Penguins Hockey" (DB is really at fault for this) with an emphasis on defense.

We will see what kind of captain he is by how he responds not just the rest of the series but in the offseason IMHO.
Yea, it's definitely true that he's also frustrated by the way his team is playing, but he has to be better as a captain

Florentino Ariza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:11 PM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
That Grossman hit has been completely ignored. If it were a Penguin, there'd be 3 threads on it.
Nah dude. We only make "apology" threads.

AquaticBirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:12 PM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florentino Ariza View Post
Yea, it's definitely true that he's also frustrated by the way his team is playing, but he has to be better as a captain
Hard to be a better captain when the rest of your teammates are packing it in night after night.

AquaticBirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:16 PM
Frederick Stanley
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

So, we still suck right?

Frederick Stanley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:34 PM
Banger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSniper26 View Post
The problem with this is that you're pretending it's not also just as common to see two guys discuss it beforehand and then go. You can dance around it and pretend you know Crosby's true intentions all you want, but the fact remains that he asked Schenn, and Schenn declined. If Crosby was as scared of Schenn and not really prepared to fight as you seem to think, I have my doubts that he would challenge him in any form.
I really don't Crosby should be fighting...pretty stupid IMO. I don't think Crosby's scared of Schenn nor is Schenn afraid of Crosby. Neither are fighters but are both very competitive. My point was if he really wanted to fight he would have fought, I don't blame him for not fighting there though. there was no point, the game was long over.

Old
04-16-2012, 01:39 PM
SidTheKid8787

You have to look at the situations if you're talking about Sid. Down by 2. Takes the Flyers best player off with him. It's not as if we don't have the leagues MVP behind him to pick up the slack.

The other one. We were down by 3. Sid was trying any and everything to goad the Flyers into a penalty when he was with Schenn and the stuff with Hartnell.

Everything Sid did yesterday was with a straight face. Calm as a cucumber. Yea the team lost its cool as a whole but so would i if i was totally helpless out there in terms of playing competitive hockey. As shocked as we are, imagine the shock in that dressing room. The only one who didn't seemed to be shocked was Sid.

The stuff the Pens have to get away from is the back and forth chirping. They put more energy into that than actually playing the game. I expect to see less of it cuz it's pointless at this juncture.

The Pens will give them everything but at a certain point, with the way this D is playing, players have to know they are pretty much done if Game 4 plays out like the other 3.

The Pens didn't need career years on offense. They needed career years on defense.

SidTheKid8787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:44 PM
Jeremyisgood

That game was the worst possible thing that could have happened after this "Pittsburgh bias" ordeal. It took years for the "whining" reputation to go away(there are haters that still hung on to it obviously), but now it's legit. I can't even argue otherwise. That stuff was sad to watch. I wasn't even ashamed during the dark ages(the few years before Crosby). It was like watching the same garbage the Islanders did. This is a veteran, Cup winning team, and they looked bush league. Sad state of affairs.

Jeremyisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:45 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Injured Reserve

vCash: 1000
Quote:
is he asking him for a date? if you really want to go you drop the gloves and go. it's not that hard. does every fight start with a quick Q&A to make sure everyone is on board?
And if Sid had dropped his gloves even when Schenn said no and proceeded to throw punches, you mean to tell me HFBoards wouldn't then get on Crosby for being a cheapshot artist and throwing sucker punches at someone not willing to fight?

You keep insisting that if Crosby just went ahead and dropped his gloves, Schenn would have obliged. How do you figure that, if Schenn wouldn't oblige when Crosby asked him to?

Posters like you are exactly why Crosby can't win, no matter what he does. If he doesn't drop the gloves and start throwing bombs, he's just chirpy who won't back up his words. If he does drop the gloves and starts throwing while Schenn doesn't, he's a cheap, dirty little punk who fights guys not ready/willing to fight.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:46 PM
Frederick Stanley
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

I just watched the postgame interviews from the Flyers and I gotta say, they were not ****ing about the way this game played out. I expected some whining.

Frederick Stanley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:51 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick Stanley View Post
I just watched the postgame interviews from the Flyers and I gotta say, they were not ****ing about the way this game played out. I expected some whining.
I only heard Lavs but he was a consummate professional.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote