HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

ATD Chat Room VI (all non-ATD topics here)

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2012, 11:39 AM
vecens24

vCash: 500
Call me insane (not just crazy), but I think we're in for something like a 3-2 game Friday with Pens-Flyers. Fleury looked good the rest of the game, got some of his confidence back, and there's just no way that many penalties get called again.

Old
04-19-2012, 11:59 AM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

vCash: 50
I think Pittsburgh are done in game 5.

Old
04-19-2012, 12:04 PM
vecens24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchBrawl View Post
I think Pittsburgh are done in game 5.
Yeah I think Philly wins in 6 at this point. I think the atmosphere at that game, for both players and fans, greatly favors Pittsburgh. After that, I think they'll calm down, game goes back to Philly, and Philly finishes it out.

Old
04-19-2012, 12:15 PM
Hawkey Town 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
Yeah I think Philly wins in 6 at this point. I think the atmosphere at that game, for both players and fans, greatly favors Pittsburgh. After that, I think they'll calm down, game goes back to Philly, and Philly finishes it out.
It sure would be great for ratings to get that game 6 on Sunday too...

Old
04-19-2012, 12:24 PM
vecens24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkey Town 18 View Post
It sure would be great for ratings to get that game 6 on Sunday too...
Lol hopefully Gary obliges.

Really though, there's just no way that Philly can do have something like this happen 2/3 years...right?

Old
04-19-2012, 12:29 PM
jarek

Pittsburgh was too good to be swept. I still say Philly in 5.

Old
04-19-2012, 01:29 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Has anyone ever seen numbers this bad?

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...45+46+63+67+38

Volchenkov has been on the ice for all 3 of Florida's even strength non-EN goals and has been directly at fault for 2 of them. I knew that. But his advanced stats....

Less than 10 minutes per game of even strength ice time (last on NJ). 80% offensive zone start and under a 30% offensive zone finish for a Corsi worse than -12. I've never seen anything like it! I'm not exactly sure how Corsi is calculated, but he's the only defenseman on the team in negative

And that's just even strength - the penalty kill, where he's been on ice for all 6 goals against and directly or partially at fault for the majority of them, is where he's really hurting the team

Old
04-19-2012, 01:47 PM
overpass

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post

Volchenkov has been on the ice for all 3 of Florida's even strength non-EN goals and has been directly at fault for 2 of them. I knew that. But his advanced stats....

Less than 10 minutes per game of even strength ice time (last on NJ). 80% offensive zone start and under a 30% offensive zone finish for a Corsi worse than -12. I've never seen anything like it! I'm not exactly sure how Corsi is calculated, but he's the only defenseman on the team in negative

And that's just even strength - the penalty kill, where he's been on ice for all 6 goals against and directly or partially at fault for the majority of them, is where he's really hurting the team
Corsi is the on ice differential of all shot attempts (on goal, missed, and blocked) per 60 minutes.

Seeing Volchenkov with 80% offensive zone starts is pretty surreal alone - even at his best he almost seemed more comfortable in his own end than in the opponent's end with all that open ice behind him. If Anton Volchenkov is eating up your offensive minutes, why is he on the ice at all?

And the results look awful. I've never seen anything like those numbers either. On the bright side, at least your team has an obvious move to make that should make the team better.

Old
04-19-2012, 01:49 PM
seventieslord

Quote:

wow.... that is awful. Especially where he's the only defenseman in the negative, and he's super far negative.

which means that whoever he's been on the ice with has been dragged down super far, but he must have played with a handful of partners, all of whom have asserted themselves well when playing with someone other than him.

Old
04-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Rob Scuderi

Quote:
Originally Posted by overpass View Post
Corsi is the on ice differential of all shot attempts (on goal, missed, and blocked) per 60 minutes.

Seeing Volchenkov with 80% offensive zone starts is pretty surreal alone - even at his best he almost seemed more comfortable in his own end than in the opponent's end with all that open ice behind him. If Anton Volchenkov is eating up your offensive minutes, why is he on the ice at all?

And the results look awful. I've never seen anything like those numbers either. On the bright side, at least your team has an obvious move to make that should make the team better.
This was my reaction too. I think the fact that he has to be used like that, as the player he is, defines the problem itself almost.

I was hoping he'd end in Pittsburgh that summer he, Gonchar, and Martin all moved. Who would ever have predicted that two seasons later Volchenkov and Martin would be goats during the playoffs and Gonchar would still be relevant?

Old
04-19-2012, 03:14 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Ugh, according to all signs (practice and the lineup card in the lockerroom), no lineup changes.

DeBoer better be trolling Florida...

Old
04-19-2012, 04:30 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back Scuderi View Post
This was my reaction too. I think the fact that he has to be used like that, as the player he is, defines the problem itself almost.

I was hoping he'd end in Pittsburgh that summer he, Gonchar, and Martin all moved. Who would ever have predicted that two seasons later Volchenkov and Martin would be goats during the playoffs and Gonchar would still be relevant?
Martin always kind of disapointed in the playoffs for NJ but not really worse than a lot of the team.

I was pissed they let him go for Volchenkov - yet another relatively high priced dman with no puck skills to add to White (since dumped) and Salvador. Looks like we would have been ****ed either way

I really though Pittsburgh was going to have one of the best defenses in the league when they added Martin and Michalek to Orpik and Letang

Old
04-19-2012, 04:35 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

In today's hockey , there is two players I have a real hate for , and those are Mike Cammalleri and Kristopher Letang.

I just can't stand Letang's face.

Old
04-19-2012, 04:39 PM
arrbez
bad chi

Send a message via MSN to arrbez
Quote:
In today's hockey , there is two players I have a real hate for , and those are Mike Cammalleri and Kristopher Letang.

I just can't stand Letang's face.

Try to look away. Just try.

Old
04-19-2012, 04:42 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrbez View Post

Try to look away. Just try.
Man , I think the hairs has a lot to do with all of this.I mean come on

Old
04-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Rob Scuderi

Quote:
Martin always kind of disapointed in the playoffs for NJ but not really worse than a lot of the team.

I was pissed they let him go for Volchenkov - yet another relatively high priced dman with no puck skills to add to White (since dumped) and Salvador. Looks like we would have been ****ed either way

I really though Pittsburgh was going to have one of the best defenses in the league when they added Martin and Michalek to Orpik and Letang
Yeah Volchenkov does seem like a strange fit. The biggest difference between Martin/Michalek and Gill/Scuderi during that first season was how well both could really move the puck in their own end. I loved Gill and Scuderi but they were pretty weak once they finally possessed the puck. It was a whole lot of chipping it off the glass and nothing else. Byslma loves his stretch passes and Martin was really able to stand out when he first moved over. Then this year happened and he can't get anything right it seems like.

I thought the Pens were set too and don't really understand how sharply they declined in such a short time. Matt ****ing Niskanen has been more solid than Martin all year.

Old
04-19-2012, 04:52 PM
seventieslord

Tyler Kennedy might be the ugliest player in the NHL though.

In my pool a couple weeks back, someone picked Kennedy, and another guy said "I've been looking at Kennedy for a couple rounds now"... to which I replied "who would ever look at Kennedy for that long??"

Old
04-19-2012, 04:59 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
Tyler Kennedy might be the ugliest player in the NHL though.

In my pool a couple weeks back, someone picked Kennedy, and another guy said "I've been looking at Kennedy for a couple rounds now"... to which I replied "who would ever look at Kennedy for that long??"
Yeah , but a player's ugliness is not really what makes me hate his face though.Kennedy's face is just hilarious , I wouldn't want to have to take this face with me everyday in my life for all the money or fame in the world.I would laugh at myself in the mirror.There's differant kind of ugliness , and Kennedy's is one of the worst because you simply look like a clown (or pig in his case).

Letang is something else , his haircut irritates me.He reminds me of that 7/10 girl who thought she was spectacularly hot while she was pretty average overall.

Last edited by BenchBrawl: 04-19-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old
04-19-2012, 05:03 PM
seventieslord

yeah, there's a difference between "ugly" and "i hate his face".... A good example would be Mike Ribeiro... not really that ugly, but I hate his face.

Old
04-19-2012, 05:14 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
yeah, there's a difference between "ugly" and "i hate his face".... A good example would be Mike Ribeiro... not really that ugly, but I hate his face.
I always liked Ribeiro but I am biased , I used to see him play many times in the minor hockey system since he sometimes played after us or before us.He was ridiculous let me tell you that.You understand how good he is when you saw him play against others AA players when he was young.

They didn't touch the puck.

They were a couple of big names that made it that I saw play , one of them is Russell Martin , my best friend played on the same team with him and he was a very cool guy apparently.He also wasn't the best player on the team.

Old
04-19-2012, 05:20 PM
seventieslord

haha... my claim to fame is that I played with Dave Kaczowka... look him up.

edit: whoops, wait, I forgot I played with Nathan Oystrick too!

Old
04-19-2012, 05:21 PM
arrbez
bad chi

Send a message via MSN to arrbez
Quote:
I always liked Ribeiro but I am biased , I used to see him play many times in the minor hockey system since he sometimes played after us or before us.He was ridiculous let me tell you that.You understand how good he is when you saw him play against others AA players when he was young.

They didn't touch the puck.
With his hands, I could see Ribeiro absolutely tearing up the younger age groups for sure.

But still:

That's the white Steve Urkel right there.

Old
04-19-2012, 05:23 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Yeah...pretty sick punchingbag face

Old
04-19-2012, 05:43 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

I also won the Mike Bossy tournament and Mike Bossy came to the lockerroom after the victory to ''chill'' with us.

I also used to see Dave Hilton walking near the tim horton almost every day for a while , just by the way he walked you knew this guy could kill you with one punch.Hard to explain.

Old
04-19-2012, 06:46 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrbez View Post
With his hands, I could see Ribeiro absolutely tearing up the younger age groups for sure.

But still:

That's the white Steve Urkel right there.
I want to rip that bloody crustache off his ****ing face

Closed Thread