HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 3 (1-1): Ottawa Senators VS New York Rangers | CBC, CNBC, RDS | 7:30 |

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2012, 09:56 AM
Liliaceae
Sens ♥

vCash: 500
GO SENS GO!!! WIN!!! To those going, be super louuuuud!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMai View Post
Okay, now as it looks like Alfie is in

Does anybody know if it's Lyndon tonight?
Yay Alfie, such a God.

Lyndon better be there for playoff games.. no one else would be good enough.

Old
04-16-2012, 09:58 AM
Caeldan

vCash: 732
Aflie still a game-time decision:
RT @DaveLozo: Alfredsson says he will see how he feels in the hours after the skate and decide if he can play tonight.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:03 AM
SenatorsHockey
Sweet hockey body

Hmm...
Quote:
Ian Mendes ‏ @ian_mendes
Alfredsson confirms he suffered a concussion on Saturday. Says he will be a game-time decision tonight.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:20 AM
Tuna99

vCash: 50
the Rangers are in the worst predicament, they defended as much as they could last game and still lost - if they open it up it favours us, if they keep doing what they are doing and lose, they will lose faith their system is working.

Lundqvist may be amazing, but no goalie can see through the traffic in front of the NYR net - 3 of his own players and usually 2 of ours, it's a wall and pucks that do get through are that much more dangerous because they are impossible for him to track. If we start getting on rebounds as the series goes on (we haven't had any really and that's our game) we'll beat 'em.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:25 AM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
the Rangers are in the worst predicament, they defended as much as they could last game and still lost - if they open it up it favours us, if they keep doing what they are doing and lose, they will lose faith their system is working.

Lundqvist may be amazing, but no goalie can see through the traffic in front of the NYR net - 3 of his own players and usually 2 of ours, it's a wall and pucks that do get through are that much more dangerous because they are impossible for him to track. If we start getting on rebounds as the series goes on (we haven't had any really and that's our game) we'll beat 'em.
Yeah, this is just a good matchup for us. We can match the physicality of the Rangers, and they typically don't have the offence to take advantage of our defence, but if they open up our high scoring offence can score more. It seems to me they would be better off against a team that is less tough, or is more defensive

Old
04-16-2012, 10:29 AM
Tuna99

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
Yeah, this is just a good matchup for us. We can match the physicality of the Rangers, and they typically don't have the offence to take advantage of our defence, but if they open up our high scoring offence can score more. It seems to me they would be better off against a team that is less tough, or is more defensive
They could beat the Canucks - no team toughness and guys like Kesler and Boyle could have a 7 game 'Turtle Off' to see who the best turtler in the league is

Old
04-16-2012, 10:41 AM
SelleckStache

Hats off to Nyquil for being a constant presence in any Sens related talk on the SC board... well done sir

Old
04-16-2012, 10:52 AM
Penny Lane
Sens fan in the USA.

The SC board is a mess. Am I seriously arguing with someone who is saying Carkner indirectly killed Derek Boogaard? Yes. Yes I am.

Whyyyy.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:54 AM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

I indirectly killed Michael Jackson by not being more vocal about my distrust of doctors. I don't know how I live with myself.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:59 AM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie Grossie View Post
The SC board is a mess. Am I seriously arguing with someone who is saying Carkner indirectly killed Derek Boogaard? Yes. Yes I am.

Whyyyy.
Boogard had multiple concussions, and I would bet for a lot of them he was out on the ice before he recovered. It wasn't that long ago players did that. You can't pin his death on anyone, and it's a shame someone would

Old
04-16-2012, 11:00 AM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
I indirectly killed Michael Jackson by not being more vocal about my distrust of doctors. I don't know how I live with myself.

Well played.

04-16-2012, 11:05 AM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

vCash: 611
I find it so amusing that, before the series, everyone on both sides was mostly positive about the other team. Now, a Brian Boyle punch-flurry, a Matt Carkner retaliation and an elbow to the head later, it's borderline impossible to find a rational Rangers fan. Suddenly, the league is "out to get them," despite them being the least-suspended team in the league. Tell me, where was this outrage with the Wolski hit earlier in the league? It's so asinine.

04-16-2012, 11:09 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyalltheway View Post
I find it so amusing that, before the series, everyone on both sides was mostly positive about the other team. Now, a Brian Boyle punch-flurry, a Matt Carkner retaliation and an elbow to the head later, it's borderline impossible to find a rational Rangers fan. Suddenly, the league is "out to get them," despite them being the least-suspended team in the league. Tell me, where was this outrage with the Wolski hit earlier in the league? It's so asinine.
The thing that i can't stand is those going on like Boyle is innocent in all of this if he did not attack Eric in game one i doubt Carkner would have been in game 2.

Old
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
What happened to 'Win it for Carks'????

Old
kellmuff96

I cant believe how many of the Rangers fans are calling Carkner's actions a 'criminal assault'

Seriously, if you cant take the heat, get out of the kitchen. Boyle brought it on himself and then turtled like a woman

Ah well, hope it's a good one tonight. Would love to see us get the 1st goal.

Old
guyzeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Fellas, I really don't think tonight is going to be about us trying to nail and pulverize Karlsson...I really don't. Sure he's going to get hit quite a bit which is to be expected but I seriously seriously doubt there's going to be anything crazy going on with any Rangers specifically targetting Karlsson. It's not the Rangers game to goon things up...really it isn't. So I'd think we will be seeing a much cleaner game with maybe a fight or two at the beginning but not due to us targetting Karlsson.

Also, I've watched your club alot this year and if your vulnerable anywhere it with the defensive corps from a defensive standpoing not offensivly. So Rangers have to try and take advantage of that and open up the offense more and hope that Lundqvist and the defense can hold the fort. It's a gamble but one they have to take. Also and I'm sure you guys can admit this, there is no in between or grey area when it comes to Anderson. When he's on and going through one of his notorious hot streaks, he's a top tier goalie...top 5 in the entire league IMO...really. When he's cold, he's quite possibly one of the worst goalies in the league. I've never seen a goalie that runs so hot and cold as he does. We'll find out soon enough which Anderson we'll be seeing tonight.
"if your vulnerable anywhere it with the defensive corps from a defensive standpoing not offensively"

Same thing with your team but the opposite, your defense can't get the puck out of the zone properly

Old
04-16-2012, 11:10 AM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
I think I love you

Old
04-16-2012, 11:10 AM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyalltheway View Post
Didn't they have a knee on knee against us too this season, or was that someone else?

Old
04-16-2012, 11:11 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellmuff96 View Post
I cant believe how many of the Rangers fans are calling Carkner's actions a 'criminal assault'

Seriously, if you cant take the heat, get out of the kitchen. Boyle brought it on himself and then turtled like a woman

They bring up if this was the real world Carkner would get jail time and i said well if you did what Boyle did in the real world and they said no it was just a love tap.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:12 AM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
Didn't they have a knee on knee against us too this season, or was that someone else?
Yea Wolski got Alfie pretty good.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:14 AM
SenterIce

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
They bring up if this was the real world Carkner would get jail time and i said well if you did what Boyle did in the real world and they said no it was just a love tap.
heh. a slash, a hook, a bodycheck, and i'm 90% sure an elbow to the face would all be assault in "the real world"

Old
04-16-2012, 11:16 AM
salomonster

GATORAAAAAAAAADE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9mGZ1kPIiQ

Old
04-16-2012, 11:19 AM
Golden
Börk Börk Börk

vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellmuff96 View Post

I wish Carkner had really taken him out considering the pathetic overreaction.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:22 AM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

I can't wait for Carks back in for game 4.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:22 AM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
Wow. There really are fans in thr playoff board seriously suggestinv Alfie faked it.

Closed Thread