HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

WCQF Gm#3 KINGS vs CANUCKS, 4/15/12 KINGS WIN 1-0, Lead Series 3-0 !!!

Old
04-16-2012, 02:17 AM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 500
one of my favorite threads right now is one on the penguins board posted by a vancouver fan wishing for a canuck penguin final. each page just gets better and better.i really hope the kings bring their a game for game four. id hate for the nucks to get a sniff

drugold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:18 AM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dresi View Post
I don't think it's health related. Flyers fans warned us about his PO play. He really needs to step up.
No I'm pretty sure he's still injured. I can just tell by watching him that he is physically unable to do certain things.

Hopefully we can win the series Wednesday so he gets more time to heal up.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:20 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dresi View Post
I don't think it's health related. Flyers fans warned us about his PO play. He really needs to step up.
Carter's skating is definitely hindered. The guys turning radius and lateral movement out there aren't good. That being said, that line is drawing a lot of attention which in turn creates space for the top line.

We need to close the series out on Wednesday so the guy can heal up.

All that talk about Brown being a bad captain or whatever is dead and buried. If anyone could ever earn their status as not just a captain but a legend for this franchise, it is the way this guy has played in these games. He's a playoff warrior.

Kesler's dives were infuriating. He was one of, if not my favorite player during the Olympics. That's buried. He's embarrassed himself the way he's acted.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:22 AM
T308
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkypaws View Post
Anyone have that pic of sedin crying to the ref?
showed it mid game on the big screen
I believe that's a clip from two years ago, they've shown it before.

T308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:23 AM
vh2k7

Send a message via AIM to vh2k7 Send a message via MSN to vh2k7 Send a message via Skype™ to vh2k7
I love that Kesler dive so much because it literally looks like he hits himself in the head and knocks himself to the ground. What an idiot.

vh2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:26 AM
silkypaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
If I could do Photshop I'd take out the bug & put in the Vancouver logo.......

silkypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:28 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Burrows is an absolute piece of ****. Immature with that "snow blow" taunting of Richards in game 1, and instigating a fight tonight with of all people, Kopitar.

I have no idea why the refs didn't tag him with the instigator penalty. Not that it mattered much with our anemic power play.

I hope the Kings come with a lot more intensity in game 4. The Canucks just plain outplayed them for the first two periods tonight, lucky we brought Quick.

And I lost my voice at the game tonight. Place was jumping.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:31 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

One other thing I didn't mention is that it's very possible we could be seeing Quick carry this team through the playoffs for a while. I don't want to say exactly how far because who knows, but...a while.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:33 AM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
The part where Sedin was knocking on the boards for help was scary. Don't like seeing stuff like that.
He just had the wind knocked out of him. It looks a lot worse than it really was.

Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:33 AM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Congrats again on another hard earned win, Quick was unbelievable! I watched the whole game, hope your boys bring a little more offensive pressure in Game 4 though. Richards needs to step up. Hawkland is behind you.

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:42 AM
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan

This is so ****ing awesome!! I love this team. I've never really cheered for a team as my official 2nd team in my life behind the Oilers, I always felt like it was unfaithful to the team. But watching the Kings play the last twenty games of the season and the first three games of the playoffs, I can't help but feel like I'm attached to this team, such an awesome hard-working team. This series has been incredible, I haven't felt this good about hockey since the Oilers went on their run in '06, and your guy's fanbase totally deserves this. The crowd at the Staples Center tonight was great, they were loud all night long, a great change from the mausoleum that is Rogers Arena. There's no doubt in my mind that if the Kings can finish off the Canucks quick here that they're legitimate cup contenders. They're built for the playoffs, superb goaltending, solid defense, great top line scoring and their depth has been there so far too. Just an excellent team top to bottom, and I can't wait for the Kings to win their first cup in franchise history.

Yeah15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:44 AM
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
One other thing I didn't mention is that it's very possible we could be seeing Quick carry this team through the playoffs for a while. I don't want to say exactly how far because who knows, but...a while.
Definitely, there have been far worse teams that have gone very far in the Stanley Cup playoffs purely because of their goaltending. If Quick can keep this play up the Kings have a chance of going very deep even if the team has a few bad games, that's the luxury of having a goaltender like Quick. The fact that the Kings have had no trouble scoring since the deadline makes me believe that this team is ready to go on a deep run in these playoffs.

Yeah15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:49 AM
Fred Murtz

Brown Delivers

Fred Murtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:52 AM
DaAnimal

its not over yet.

I did predict Kings in 5

I rooted for Kesler during the Olympics but after watching him play this year, I have lost a lot of respect for the guy.

Lastly, I also wanted to add that during the Kings post game show, I was really disappointed by fans chanting USA USA and also the American flag. I seriously hope they did it for JQuick and Brown, because almost 1/2 of our team consists of Canadian nationality. I wasn't at the game today but whenever the canadian national anthem is playing, there is always an idiot talking **** about canada, i mean that's just really disrespectful and it makes me feel ashamed that I am American.

GoKGo

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:53 AM
Ollie Weeks

Carter is definately injured right now. I'm just pleased he's able to play, and contributed to the win in Game 1. He and Richards are still garnering attention regardless of his health, so if we keep winning, whatever.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:59 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

So sad that Bob Miller won't be able to call game 4. People should be tweeting the lakings twitter account to petition them to get it on the air somewhere.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:59 AM
yankeeking

just got home and had to post,woo freaking hooooooo what a game by quick, he carried us and tonight quick held them off until we got back in sync in the third and Brownie is pure warrior, got to get to bed very tired and a little drunk with victory sand jamesson, heres to our kings,,,GO KINGS GO

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:04 AM
ru4reals

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
So sad that Bob Miller won't be able to call game 4. People should be tweeting the lakings twitter account to petition them to get it on the air somewhere.
What a effin joke that is! What the heck is Foxsports showing not to televise these playoff games! Pathetic! Bob miller deserves better! I'm freakin pisssed as hell!

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:05 AM
outofrange

I can't believe it.

I'm going to be losing my mind until game four kicks off.

Also, Carts is injured. He has none of the speed/agility he did before the injury, and King is inept on that line. Might be rookie nerves and his lack of speed playing a big factor there.

outofrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:05 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:10 AM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

vCash: 2400
Quote:
Originally Posted by silkypaws View Post
Anyone have that pic of sedin crying to the ref?
showed it mid game on the big screen
I was about to ask the same thing. He looked so sad in that picture. Nothing like seeing a grown man pouting.

Wildturkey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:20 AM
Jtown

vCash: 539
You guys need to sweep so Carter can get healthy.

He looks so bad out there. He has really been unfortunate in the amount of injuries he has had to his feet. When he first came into the league he could just glide effortlessly. I hope he can one day regain that stride.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:41 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

H. Sedin

Quote:
"I thought we took it to them," Henrik said. "We got pucks deep. We worked their D. They are starting to get tired. We are really working them hard in their end. It's going to turn around. And when it does, we are going to have a big chance to win this series.
He is right, the team looked gassed in the second. Good thing the next game is on Wednesday.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 04:09 AM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaAnimal View Post
its not over yet.

I did predict Kings in 5

I rooted for Kesler during the Olympics but after watching him play this year, I have lost a lot of respect for the guy.

Lastly, I also wanted to add that during the Kings post game show, I was really disappointed by fans chanting USA USA and also the American flag. I seriously hope they did it for JQuick and Brown, because almost 1/2 of our team consists of Canadian nationality. I wasn't at the game today but whenever the canadian national anthem is playing, there is always an idiot talking **** about canada, i mean that's just really disrespectful and it makes me feel ashamed that I am American.

GoKGo
Yeah I didn't like the USA chants as well and didn't participate and the American flag, I saw a few Canuck fans who brought Canadian flags with them to the game.

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 04:26 AM
OK Computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4reals View Post
What a effin joke that is! What the heck is Foxsports showing not to televise these playoff games! Pathetic! Bob miller deserves better! I'm freakin pisssed as hell!
Blame the losers in the City of Los Angeles that would rather tune into meaningless Dodgers/Angels games as opposed to playoff hockey.

OK Computer is offline   Reply With Quote