HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

James Neal & Craig Adams suspended for Game 4; Arron Asham suspended for four games

Old
04-18-2012, 01:42 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
what a gutless, spineless ****ing decision by Shanahan. i mean really. He buys everything Neal said. No wonder this took so long to come out. He was probably discussing this with Campbell and Bettman.
Bet we dont hear any ****ing we are outraged comments from Campbell tho will we.
Funny how those 2 ******* clowns Campbell and Bettman have gone silent since their ****ing goldenchild organization has looked like a bunch of clowns the last 2 games. Hopefully we make all 3 of those gutless pukes cry some more after tomorrow night.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 01:47 AM
NewYorkFlyerFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightstalker78 View Post
I think you misunderstood what I said.I meant if it was Shelley and Rinaldo who were the ones who got hit,no one would care.Then it would be part of the game.But since it was Giroux and Couterier..it's a big deal.
A.) They wouldn't waste time running those 2
B.) If they did it's not that people wouldn't care it's just people wouldn't read to much into it. But when a guy goes after the Flyers top line center and best defensive center that has shut down the Art Ross trophy winner something was up.

NewYorkFlyerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 01:54 AM
drownedsailors

Quote:
I don't have to endear myself to anyone here.I'm not here to make friends.I'm here to post my opinions.And not just on the flyers either.
So. Much. Sentence. Fragments.

lool just kidding

I think a lot of people are angry about the reasoning rather than the actual suspension. If you go back to when it was first posted that Neal got a 1 game suspension, everyone was pretty calm. We were mostly Ok with the suspension, some might have thought he deserved more, but overall everyone was pretty even keel.

It wasn't until Shanahan released the video explaining that the only reason Neal got suspended was because of what he did to Giroux, and that the Couturier play wasn't suspend-able because Neal was "trying to brace the hit"...which was false

So technically he was saying that if Neal didn't go after Giroux on that same shift, he wouldn't have gotten suspended at all.

Last edited by drownedsailors: 04-18-2012 at 02:03 AM.
drownedsailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 01:57 AM
nightstalker78
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkFlyerFan View Post
A.) They wouldn't waste time running those 2
B.) If they did it's not that people wouldn't care it's just people wouldn't read to much into it. But when a guy goes after the Flyers top line center and best defensive center that has shut down the Art Ross trophy winner something was up.
I don't disagree with that assesment.I think it's I'm just tired of hearing fans complain.The punishment was handed down.It's over and done with.Let's just go out and eliminate them tomorrow.That's the best revenge.

nightstalker78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 01:57 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
I do hope the Flyers handle this the way they have so far. with discipline. I am sure the Flyers are not happy with these decisions, but lets face it the best way to get payback is to send em home crying like the *****es they are tonight.
If you want physical payback, there is always next season.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 01:59 AM
NewYorkFlyerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I do hope the Flyers handle this the way they have so far. with discipline. I am sure the Flyers are not happy with these decisions, but lets face it the best way to get payback is to send em home crying like the *****es they are tonight.
If you want physical payback, there is always next season.
Exactly. Win tomorrow and send them packing. Next season send Simmonds, Sestito after Neal and settle it then.

NewYorkFlyerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 02:02 AM
nightstalker78
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by drownedsailors View Post
So. Much. Sentence. Fragments.

lool just kidding

I think a lot of people are angry about the reasoning rather than the actual suspension. If you go back to when it was first posted that Neal got a 1 game suspension, everyone was pretty calm. We were mostly Ok with the suspension, some might have thought he deserved more, but overall everyone was pretty even keel.

It wasn't until Shanahan released the video explaining that the only reason Neal got suspended was because of what he did to Giroux, and that the Couturier play wasn't suspend able because Neal was "trying to brace the hit"...which was false

So technically he was saying that if Neal didn't go after Giroux on that same shift, he wouldn't have gotten suspended at all.
Seriously?If I had separated them i'd here run on sentence!!

i haven't seen the video.It wasn't working for me earlier.

Old
04-18-2012, 02:09 AM

Right, they're clearly making it so that the players have to police themselves.

If we lose tomorrow night we should send out Shelley, Smmonds and Hartnell to beat the living **** out of Neal. The only difference is that we won't attack from the blindside or behind.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 02:14 AM
drownedsailors

Quote:
Seriously?If I had separated them i'd here run on sentence!!

i haven't seen the video.It wasn't working for me earlier.
You have to admit though that nothing ever flowed in any of your posts, I had a real hard time reading them It wouldn't have hurt to use your space bar after the period

Oh, and I think you should watch the video, you'll understand the outrage after seeing it.

Old
04-18-2012, 02:31 AM
BillDineen

Bracing himself? C'mo Shanny. That is not even plausible.

BillDineen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 02:44 AM
flyingsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
Bracing himself? C'mo Shanny. That is not even plausible.
Bingo. Bad enough he went so easy on Neal, worse that the explanation is insulting everyone's intelligence...

flyingsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 02:51 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

If he said "It's 1 game because games in the playoffs matter more than the regular season" I could manage that. That would be palatable. Far more so than this bracing nonsense.

04-18-2012, 03:22 AM
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake

Shanahan don´t suspended Neal because he is guilty for the hit. He suspended him because he don´t want the evil flyers to go after him. He fears the flyers so he pray Shanahan to suspend him for one game because he is sure that the flyers will win the next game!

This league is full of clowns....

What if Hartnell would have gone after Crosby and Letang like Neal has gone after Giroux and Couturier.... Hartnell would have been suspended for 10 games!! Book it!

Ironmanrulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 03:29 AM
BillDineen

So if you are walking on the street and a biker is about to hit you, do you "brace yourself" by jumping into the rider's head forcefully or do you turn away avoiding as much contact as possible?

Last edited by BillDineen: 04-18-2012 at 04:35 AM.
BillDineen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 03:36 AM
eco's bones

Who knows--my Rangers and the flyers might be facing each other in the next round. Even so--rather than see you guys beat each other up for 3 more games I think it would be best if you finish these ****ers now. These suspension are a ****ing joke. That hit on Couturier was a lot more malicious than Hagelin's hit on Alfie and then trying to club Giroux a few minutes later. One game?

I can live with the Hagelin suspension--it's not like he didn't deserve something but in comparison to some of these other decisions it just doesn't square.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 03:37 AM
drownedsailors

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
So if you are walking on the street and a biker is about to hit you, do you "brace yourself" by jumping into the riders head forcefully or do you turn away avoiding as much contact as possible?

Old
04-18-2012, 04:06 AM
Andre Poodle Lussier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
I actually mentioned that in a previous thread, but the idea got shot down because "Fraser was a terrible ref".

I always read his blog and he strikes me as a very good, knowledgable, suitable man for the job.
With that said, he might succumb to the pressure from owners and GM's just like Shanahan has.
I thought Shanahan would have been an upgrade over Colin "God forbid you touch my son Greg" Campbell but if anything, the discipline rationale is far more inconsistent.

Really think it should be a three person committee -- a former player, former ref, a third party (a retired coach, assistant, someone in that capacity). Each serve for three years on a rotation, each gets a year to be the 'chair' of the committee and the voice for it.

Andre Poodle Lussier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 04:33 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Who knows--my Rangers and the flyers might be facing each other in the next round. Even so--rather than see you guys beat each other up for 3 more games I think it would be best if you finish these ****ers now. These suspension are a ****ing joke. That hit on Couturier was a lot more malicious than Hagelin's hit on Alfie and then trying to club Giroux a few minutes later. One game?

I can live with the Hagelin suspension--it's not like he didn't deserve something but in comparison to some of these other decisions it just doesn't square.
42 seconds later. Same shift. That's what's so infuriating.

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 06:56 AM
nightstalker78
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by drownedsailors View Post
You have to admit though that nothing ever flowed in any of your posts, I had a real hard time reading them It wouldn't have hurt to use your space bar after the period

Oh, and I think you should watch the video, you'll understand the outrage after seeing it.
Just because you couldn't read them doesn't mean no one else could.Yourmakingitsoundlikemypostswerelikethis.

I tried to watch the video again and it still isn't working for me. It doesn't seem to be loading right.

ETA: Okay,I went to broadstreethockey.com and the video loaded for me.

Clearly it sounds like they're making excuses for Neal.I still think he should've been suspended for the hit on Couterier before the Giroux hit.I still think Giroux lost his balance picking up his mouth guard.I must be the only one who sees that.

Last edited by nightstalker78: 04-18-2012 at 07:07 AM.
Old
04-18-2012, 07:10 AM
StandingCow

Quote:
I still think Giroux lost his balance picking up his mouth guard.I must be the only one who sees that.
I hope that was the case... because if not that means he could be playing through a mild concussion, which would be horrible.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 07:20 AM
nightstalker78
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
I hope that was the case... because if not that means he could be playing through a mild concussion, which would be horrible.
I hope so too.That's what it looks like to me,you can see him reach down and grab something and then he falls.Watch his right hand.I'd hope if he feels he has a concussion he'll speak up.We can win this next game without him.

Old
04-18-2012, 07:21 AM
StandingCow

Quote:
I hope so too.That's what it looks like to me,you can see him reach down and grab something and then he falls.Watch his right hand.I'd hope if he feels he has a concussion he'll speak up.We can win this next game without him.
One person mentioned it might have been his mouth guard..

Old
04-18-2012, 07:26 AM
nightstalker78
Rookie User

Quote:
One person mentioned it might have been his mouth guard..
Are you implying I'm that one person? It may very well be that he was doing it to keep his balance..but it looked to me like he was grabbing something. Either way I hope he's okay.

Old
04-18-2012, 07:31 AM
StandingCow

Quote:
Are you implying I'm that one person? It may very well be that he was doing it to keep his balance..but it looked to me like he was grabbing something. Either way I hope he's okay.
Nah, I thought they said it during the broadcast.. or it was a post on the night it happened.

Old
04-18-2012, 07:45 AM
nightstalker78
Rookie User

Quote:
Nah, I thought they said it during the broadcast.. or it was a post on the night it happened.
You're right I think they did say it during the broadcast.Anyway lets go FLYERS!!