HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

James Neal & Craig Adams suspended for Game 4; Arron Asham suspended for four games

Old
04-16-2012, 11:36 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush8 View Post
I'm oblivious to the rules, but if a player has two separate hearings for incidents in the same game does that automatically result in a suspension? Or are you just speculating?
Speculating.

04-16-2012, 11:40 AM
achdumeingute

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
not sure how you can suspend Neal after not suspending Weber

but this series is 3-0 and it is a good chance for Shanahan to serve notice
Honestly, the Weber incident looks alot worse than it actually was. He really didn't shove him that hard. I wasn't surprised at the non suspension.

However, the type of hit Neal delivers on Couts has multiple precedent for suspension (leaves feet & majorly late). I'd be shocked if he isn't suspended.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:45 AM
kicksave27

Neal's hit has everything the video they put out in the preseason they said not to do

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
The way I look at it, it was late, it was up high, and he left the ice. He should be suspended.

Justified is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:02 PM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

I hope Neal doesn't get suspended. I can't remember the last time I've wanted to see an opponent catch an ass-beating so bad. That **** he pulled with Couturier and Giroux immediately afterward was some of the most pathetic stuff I've seen. Especially considering that he's not ready to back any of it up, you can just see it in his face...he's a little *****. I wish Simmonds had just dropped his gloves and ****ing wrecked him when he had that quick little run-in with him. Neal should catch multiple ass-beatings every time he plays for the Flyers for at least the next two years.

Last edited by SnS: 04-16-2012 at 02:35 PM.
claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:13 PM
ZenBaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
Honestly, the Weber incident looks alot worse than it actually was. He really didn't shove him that hard. I wasn't surprised at the non suspension.
I dunno - to crack Zetterberg's helmet - that had to be a pretty forceful webering.

ZenBaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:13 PM
phlocky

Neals hit on Couturier is absolutely no different than what Steve Downie did in just the preseason except that Neal IS a repeat offender in the NHL while Downie was suspended 25 games for his reputation in freaking juniors. If Downies hit was worthy of 25 games then Neal should also get 25 games. However, everyone knowns full well that all he'll get is a fine. Shanny is just as big of a joke as Campbell was before him.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:24 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Im hearing adams is facing automatic 1 gm for his part in the mess sunday no need for a meeting on that one. So we could see 3 pitts pukes not in gm 4.

BleedOrange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:26 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
FWIW, Hagelin had a phone hearing:

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1sDXhrw9R
i thought the Bitz elbow had a lot more malice then Hagelin's elbow. Bitz put his elbow/arm up several strides before he drove his albow into Kyle Clifford's head.
I know Allfy ended up getting concussed, but if you watch each one, there is little doubt that Bitz should have been gone for much longer then 2.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:39 PM
FlyersMania2

I kind of want an NHL letter, just because...lol

I mean Bettman and a few others addressed the bad non-call offsides from Game 1 that resulted in Briere's goal...what about the non-call on Neal when he charged/interfered/left his feet against Coots. If that was called, then one of the NHL's stars (Giroux) wouldn't have been subject to the second hit, and the Adams/Hartnell/Crosby lack-of-control-of-the-game wouldn't have ensued.

FlyersMania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:41 PM
goodrev

suspensions will be handed out to asham and adams. I think a fine will be handed out to Neil, though he was clearly trying to hurt couturier and left his feet for his hit.

Regardless, Penguins are going to get "NHL pampered treatment" as they did during the game. (for instance how Rinaldo somehow received a double minor for a cross check, or how after the whole scrum Pitt ended up with a power play)

goodrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:41 PM
drownedsailors

I really really hope Neal gets suspended, not just because he's a puke and doesn't deserve to play in Game 4
But because the chances of Pitts winning the next game will be a lot harder without him, and I want this series to end SOOO bad.

Sadly, I have a horrible feeling he'll only get fined for both incidents...I hope I'm wrong.

drownedsailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:44 PM
MsWoof

I caught part of hockey central and heard Kypreos say he was being called on the carpet twice but I thought it was a joke!

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:53 PM
flyersfan018

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNote View Post
Can Neal even be suspended if there was no penalty called on the ice?
Leino got suspended earlier in the year for trying to take Read's head off with an elbow and no penalty was called on the play.

flyersfan018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:55 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan018 View Post
Leino got suspended earlier in the year for trying to take Read's head off with an elbow and no penalty was called on the play.
He got 2 mins for charging for the Giroux hit..Thus he was in the box and Simmonds was waiting for him to come out when they added the 10 min game misconduct that got him booted right after.

FlyersMania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:57 PM
kevinjd182

I would think it would be tough for Shanny to suspend 3 Pens players at once, but...

Adams = automatic
Asham = pretty much automatic
Neil = 2 seperate incidents in the same game

I don't think Neil would be suspended if it was either one of those incidents but because it was 2, I think he has to susepend him at least 1 game.

It's anyone's guess, though. No consistency. They started out good with the videos explaining the susepnsion but do they even still do those?

BTW, what happened to that Jester guy that posted on here all the time?

kevinjd182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:09 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

How long do these meetings take before we hear if any of the pukes are suspended?

BleedOrange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:13 PM
philly_28
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinjd182 View Post
I would think it would be tough for Shanny to suspend 3 Pens players at once, but...

Adams = automatic
Asham = pretty much automatic
Neil = 2 seperate incidents in the same game

I don't think Neil would be suspended if it was either one of those incidents but because it was 2, I think he has to susepend him at least 1 game.

It's anyone's guess, though. No consistency. They started out good with the videos explaining the susepnsion but do they even still do those?

BTW, what happened to that Jester guy that posted on here all the time?
Yeah, just watched the one on Hagelin.

Sadly, there is no video explaining why Weber didn't get suspended in contrast to the 3 games received by Hagelin.

philly_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:19 PM
BillDineen

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly_28 View Post
Yeah, just watched the one on Hagelin.

Sadly, there is no video explaining why Weber didn't get suspended in contrast to the 3 games received by Hagelin.
There is a posted radio interview with Boomer and another NY host. Shanny said he almost gave Weber 1 game but called Detroit and because there was no injury he didn't. I don't know if I believe it, I think he didn't want to suspend a key player, but that is what he said.

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:22 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
Im hearing adams is facing automatic 1 gm for his part in the mess sunday no need for a meeting on that one. So we could see 3 pitts pukes not in gm 4.
Bob McKenzie said the automatic suspension can be revoked.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:27 PM
philly_28
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
There is a posted radio interview with Boomer and another NY host. Shanny said he almost gave Weber 1 game but called Detroit and because there was no injury he didn't. I don't know if I believe it, I think he didn't want to suspend a key player, but that is what he said.
I don't agree with the whole injury/non-injury thing. The act stays the same, he shouldn't be awarded for being lucky that Zetterberg is ok, but that's been discussed a million times. Anyway, even without injury that's at least 1 game for me. Would Zetterberg have been hurt, we're talking at least 2-3 games. But I agree, Weber is a key player, that's why he only got a fine.

philly_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:32 PM
flyguy89
Rookie User

Neil is goona be suspended. The series is out of hand with pens playing horrid hockey all around. That will two account that the chances of pens comming back r so slim that suspending Neil would be an example of what happens when u head hunt. G's jersey is one of the highest selling in the nhl which ppl love to watch him play around the world. Makes it that much of a bigger problem for Neil to go after him. That being said if he is in game 4 the nhl is not doing there job to protect the stars of the nhl.

flyguy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:33 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiper the Fox View Post
if shanahan and nhl want a deterrent
make suspensions game for game
if you injure someone with a headshot, and they are out of the game for any length of time, then that play shall be suspended for the same amount of time

bet you that would stop the stupidity
(well, for the most part)

Giroux hits Craig Adams with borderline hit. Adams says his "virus" will cause him to miss remainder of series and much of offseason even though he's fine because Pens can now troll the Flyers from the 5th tee. Giroux forced to sit. No thanks.

NitHeel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:34 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly_28 View Post
I don't agree with the whole injury/non-injury thing. The act stays the same, he shouldn't be awarded for being lucky that Zetterberg is ok, but that's been discussed a million times. Anyway, even without injury that's at least 1 game for me. Would Zetterberg have been hurt, we're talking at least 2-3 games. But I agree, Weber is a key player, that's why he only got a fine.
I agree..the adjudication process is a complete travesty. Basically Shanahan is conducting a kangaroo court where the privileged are judged less harshly in a manner akin to a white collar crime (which typically are worse in the amount of financial damage they cause) while the commoners get put on death row due to some form of social darwinism. Sounds extreme but it's not that far off IMO...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:43 PM
mohare

Its clear to me that the first hit Neal cut to avoid Malkin, which caused him to hit Couturier. You can clearly see Neal circling to the BOARDS, and then Malkin cuts off his path so he takes the inside path right into Couturier.

If he wanted to lay him out he would have led with his shoulder instead what he did, which was more of a chest bump. You can see that as he is about to contact Couturier he trys to lead with his shoulder but he doesn't have to time to execute a proper bodycheck because it wasn't his INTENT. If Couturier wasn't floating obliviously looking backwards for the puck he could have taken the collision better.

Hit #1 Accidental - no discipline.

Hit #2 was clearly going to be a charge (I saw 3 strides before the hit was delivered). But as per Shanahan's rules about a significant change in head position I don't really see how you can give much more than a fine. Before contact was initiated Giroux spins to avoid the check. I believe if he had maintained his position Neal would have been on his feet when contact was initiated.

Hit #2 is a fine.

mohare is offline   Reply With Quote