HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Playoffs Round 2

View Poll Results: Who do you want to see in Round 2
Boston Bruins 7 28.00%
Pittsburgh Penguins 0 0%
Philadelphia Flyers 1 4.00%
Ottawa Sentators 17 68.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-16-2012, 09:49 AM
LUUUUUIS
¿Qué bolá, Tallón?

vCash: 500
Playoffs Round 2

If/When we win, who would you rather see in round 2? I wasn't sure which prefix to go with to ward of any possible jinx, so I went with speculation. Of the teams in the playoffs currently, the only ones we have any possibility of seeing are Boston, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia or Ottawa. Who do you think we have the best chance with?

Despite our regular season record, I'm going to go with Ottawa here. We showed in that last game that we can beat them. I don't think their talent level is that much higher than ours. Also, it'd be nice to be the ones to knock a Canadian team out of the playoffs. Didn't we get a little feisty with them during regular season too? I just think it'd be a good series.

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:25 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

My top choice would be to play the Bruins as we seemed to do the best against them in the regular season out of the playoff teams. However, we're a long way from thinking about a second round at this point

FlaPnthrsPunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:39 PM
LUUUUUIS
¿Qué bolá, Tallón?

Right. By the time we know whether we're going to the next round, we'd have a good idea who we're playing. Making this discussion moot :p

Old
04-16-2012, 12:42 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

if there is any consolation i think the devils would get annihilated by any of those teams in the 2nd round besides perhaps ottawa.

PanthersHockey1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:00 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Why do people make dumb threads like this? Lets win another game before even thinking about game four.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:16 PM
Erick

We don't even have a series lead in round 1. I'd want to face any team in round 2 because it means we actually won a series.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:34 PM
LUUUUUIS
¿Qué bolá, Tallón?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Why do people make dumb threads like this? Lets win another game before even thinking about game four.
Thanks. Why did you reply?

Old
04-16-2012, 02:52 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiluis View Post
Thanks. Why did you reply?
Because I felt like it. I call it like I see it, so after ONE win in a seven game series, threads like this are unnecessary.

Old
04-16-2012, 02:59 PM
LUUUUUIS
¿Qué bolá, Tallón?

All of our discussions here are unnecessary, and ultimately do not matter or affect the Florida Panthers hockey club. I'm within my right to start a conversation for those interested in speculating on who we'd match up well against if we made it to the second round. You also have the right to feel that my thread is 'dumb'. The classy thing to do would have been to ignore it (thread tools -> ignore thread). You're not obligated to post on every thread started.

Old
04-16-2012, 03:19 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
All of our discussions here are unnecessary, and ultimately do not matter or affect the Florida Panthers hockey club. I'm within my right to start a conversation for those interested in speculating on who we'd match up well against if we made it to the second round. You also have the right to feel that my thread is 'dumb'. The classy thing to do would have been to ignore it (thread tools -> ignore thread). You're not obligated to post on every thread started.
Well said.

I understand the close ties of sports and superstition, and if I fell in that nexus i would ignore this thread.

Personally i dont believe i can change outcome with the typedword, and enjoy the speculation.

but thats just me.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:38 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Im not questioning your right to post or not post something, Im just commented on what was posted. If it was rude, I apologize, but being an athlete from middle school on has made me a bit superstitious. I believe in karma, and I go by that unwritten rule where you do not mention a pitchers no-hitter/perfect game, you dont mention a goalie's shutout chance, etc. So when I see someone post something like they hope we dont get swept, seconds after we win the division, or who would you want to face in the 2nd round, when its pretty obvious this is going to be a long series, I call it out. Just because I dont agree with your original post, doesnt mean I cant criticize it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Well said.

I understand the close ties of sports and superstition, and if I fell in that nexus i would ignore this thread.

Personally i dont believe i can change outcome with the typedword, and enjoy the speculation.

but thats just me.
Of course we have no effect on the outcome of games, but I (me personally) dont think its a topic that needs discussion at this time. Im not in every thread discussion, but since I dont agree with this thread, that means I shouldnt voice my opinion? (not coming at you in any way)

Old
04-16-2012, 03:43 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Im not questioning your right to post or not post something, Im just commented on what was posted. If it was rude, I apologize, but being an athlete from middle school on has made me a bit superstitious. I believe in karma, and I go by that unwritten rule where you do not mention a pitchers no-hitter/perfect game, you dont mention a goalie's shutout chance, etc. So when I see someone post something like they hope we dont get swept, seconds after we win the division, or who would you want to face in the 2nd round, when its pretty obvious this is going to be a long series, I call it out. Just because I dont agree with your original post, doesnt mean I cant criticize it.

Of course we have no effect on the outcome of games, but I (me personally) dont think its a topic that needs discussion at this time. Im not in every thread discussion, but since I dont agree with this thread, that means I shouldnt voice my opinion? (not coming at you in any way)
PB i dont have that strong a position here, and most of my friends are superstitious and would completely take your position...Im just saying it doesnt bother me and if it did i just wouldnt click on it.

Again, my brother, thats just me.

Old
04-16-2012, 03:59 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
PB i dont have that strong a position here, and most of my friends are superstitious and would completely take your position...Im just saying it doesnt bother me and if it did i just wouldnt click on it.

Again, my brother, thats just me.
I gotcha. I didnt come into the thread looking to pick a fight. I read 99.9% of the threads that are started, so I came in here to see what its about. I understand what you are saying though.

Old
04-16-2012, 04:34 PM
IceManCat
Tank Disarmed

If you don't care about the thread topic don't read it I mean

IceManCat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 04:42 PM
LUUUUUIS
¿Qué bolá, Tallón?

Quote:

...)
Quote:
I gotcha. I didnt come into the thread looking to pick a fight. I read 99.9% of the threads that are started, so I came in here to see what its about. I understand what you are saying though.
I apologize as well, I took your post too personally. You're completely entitled to your opinion and have a right to post as such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
My top choice would be to play the Bruins as we seemed to do the best against them in the regular season out of the playoff teams. However, we're a long way from thinking about a second round at this point
We've done alright against the Bruins this year also. Washington seems to be keeping pace with them, and I don't feel the Caps are any better than the Panthers.

Old
04-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Guys, if there's an issue with a thread topic, report it. It's up to the mods to decide if the thread has value or not.

In this instance, there's nothing wrong with it, mere speculation.

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:56 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Too early, but I really wanted to crush the Penguins (not gonna happen with Pens down 0-3), so I'll go with Ottawa (by far the "easiest" team, should they advance). We have trouble with Boston and Philly after what I recall.

We can still also meet the Caps, who you can never count out (powerhouse).

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 06:14 PM
KWGoon

If the Rags and Bruins would only co-operate and lose, we would become the top seed in the East. So I'd like to face the Sens in the semis and the Caps in the conf finals.

Unfortunately we have the fewer points than anyone in the West, so no chance of home ice for the Cup Finals. But I'd take the Coyotes.

This is a very realistic plan.

KWGoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 06:14 PM
LUUUUUIS
¿Qué bolá, Tallón?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Too early, but I really wanted to crush the Penguins (not gonna happen with Pens down 0-3), so I'll go with Ottawa (by far the "easiest" team, should they advance). We have trouble with Boston and Philly after what I recall.

We can still also meet the Caps, who you can never count out (powerhouse).
I couldn't see a scenario that would allow us to play Washington or New York. Unless it's in the 3rd round, but then we're not even supposed to be talking about the 2nd round so the Eastern Conference Final is definitely out of the question.

We're 2-1-1 against Boston during the regular season. The two wins' scores were 2-0 and 6-2. I'd say we stand a chance.

Old
04-16-2012, 06:18 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiluis;48186437[B
]I couldn't see a scenario that would allow us to play Washington or New York[/B]. Unless it's in the 3rd round, but then we're not even supposed to be talking about the 2nd round so the Eastern Conference Final is definitely out of the question.

We're 2-1-1 against Boston during the regular season. The two wins' scores were 2-0 and 6-2. I'd say we stand a chance.
True, my bad.

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 08:08 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Well said.

but thats just me.
I don't believe in superstitions, eith...oh jeez, looks like you forgot proper capitalization in some of your post.

WE'RE DOOOOOOOOMED

ratmanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 02:23 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Yeah, i understand looking ahead but this thread is a bit premature. Ottawa though.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 05:23 PM
Acadmus

Can I vote for "none of the above"? but I guess I'll vote for a symbolic parallel to the 1996 playoffs and hope to see Philly in round 2. No Leclair-Lindros-Renberg to face this time, though

04-17-2012, 05:30 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

I don't care about second round opponents...

BUT...

could you imagine the meltdown on the main forums if Ottawa & Washington advance...

leaving the Panthers as the top seed in the East.

angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 05:40 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGoon View Post
If the Rags and Bruins would only co-operate and lose, we would become the top seed in the East. So I'd like to face the Sens in the semis and the Caps in the conf finals.

Unfortunately we have the fewer points than anyone in the West, so no chance of home ice for the Cup Finals. But I'd take the Coyotes.

This is a very realistic plan.
panthers - coyotes

An entire nation's head would spontaneously combust.