HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van - Was

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-19-2012, 11:30 PM
  #1
Elliot20
Registered User
 
Elliot20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,402
vCash: 500
Van - Was

To Van:
Nicklas Backstrom
2nd Round 2013

To Was:
Ryan Kesler
Anton Rodin

Washington receives gritty two-way center at 5 million per allowing them flexibility to re-sign Mike Green and Alex Semin. And also a good scoring prospect.

Vancouver receives another playmaker not named Sedin.

Elliot20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 11:34 PM
  #2
NeilYoung
Registered User
 
NeilYoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,650
vCash: 500
Good god no that's awful

NeilYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 11:36 PM
  #3
Carlzner
Who's Zed?
 
Carlzner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 10,544
vCash: 500
That's hilarious. Really.

The 2nd makes the value totally fair.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 11:42 PM
  #4
Elliot20
Registered User
 
Elliot20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
That's hilarious. Really.

The 2nd makes the value totally fair.
Really? How much more does Vancouver need to add? Specifically, which player to the deal?

Let's see if something can be worked out.

Elliot20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 11:42 PM
  #5
Carlzner
Who's Zed?
 
Carlzner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 10,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot20 View Post
Really? How much more does Vancouver need to add? Specifically, which player to the deal?

Let's see if something can be worked out.
Nothing.
He is our #1 Center.
He is untouchable.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 11:47 PM
  #6
NeilYoung
Registered User
 
NeilYoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot20 View Post
Really? How much more does Vancouver need to add? Specifically, which player to the deal?

Let's see if something can be worked out.
Nothing he's the Capitals most important player and completely untouchable

NeilYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 11:48 PM
  #7
Elliot20
Registered User
 
Elliot20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,402
vCash: 500
Well, I don't think anyone is untouchable...

If Gillis phoned with Kesler + Edler

Elliot20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 11:58 PM
  #8
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount
 
mcphllp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,066
vCash: 500
lol, kesler is in every trade proposal.

last year he was god

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:05 AM
  #9
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,696
vCash: 500
Vancouver needs to get bigger and gritter not softer!. Kesler is the grit in the Canucks top 6, Backstrom is a great player but not a good fit, for Vans needs Kesler is much more valuable to us since he has size and grit.

BLAME CANADA* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:17 AM
  #10
Big Naissak
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Big Naissak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Edmonton, Canucks.
Country: Scotland
Posts: 1,094
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Big Naissak
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
lol, kesler is in every trade proposal.

last year he was god
It's because some Canuck fans are extremely fickle and impatient, Kesler had a bad injury last year that required surgery, the type of surgery he got is supposed to take 16+ months to fully heal and he came back to soon and therefore if you watch some recent Canuck games you can tell very easily his problem is that his acceleration and top speed aren't what it was last year. Give him an off season to heal and actually train and prepare and I'm confident he will get 70+ points again and look like the Kesler of old.

Big Naissak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:18 AM
  #11
Drake1588
UNATCO
 
Drake1588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 27,841
vCash: 500
Backstrom isn't on the market at all.

Of course, neither is Kesler.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 01:48 AM
  #12
PG Canuck
Global Moderator
 
PG Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,501
vCash: 1512
Why would the Caps trade their number one center?

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 01:55 AM
  #13
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 39,945
vCash: 500
the caps need a 2c. to get one they trade their 1c. that makes sense. come on

edit//wait...backstrom is soft???

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 02:36 AM
  #14
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth
 
HockeyThoughts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,255
vCash: 500
Trading Backstrom in a package for Kesler is a lateral move at best. You acquire Kesler with your other pieces and then smile about how awesome your top 6 look with Backstrom-Kesler down the center.

A guy like Carlson or Orlov are exactly what Vancouver is missing. But at the price of Kesler.. Yeah right. I don't see Vancouver moving Kesler now, or ever to be perfectly honest. He's 27, he literally just won the Selke and scored 40G a season ago and is the perfect compliment on the 2nd line in terms of style to the Sedin twins. The current Vancouver core has led them to back-to-back President Trophies and to game 7 of the SCF in the past 2 seasons. I think that Gillis will be a little more patient with his core players considering the term on their contract and the fact that they are all still in their prime for the next several seasons.

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 03:04 AM
  #15
Cogburn
Registered User
 
Cogburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,724
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyThoughts View Post
Trading Backstrom in a package for Kesler is a lateral move at best. You acquire Kesler with your other pieces and then smile about how awesome your top 6 look with Backstrom-Kesler down the center.

A guy like Carlson or Orlov are exactly what Vancouver is missing. But at the price of Kesler.. Yeah right. I don't see Vancouver moving Kesler now, or ever to be perfectly honest. He's 27, he literally just won the Selke and scored 40G a season ago and is the perfect compliment on the 2nd line in terms of style to the Sedin twins. The current Vancouver core has led them to back-to-back President Trophies and to game 7 of the SCF in the past 2 seasons. I think that Gillis will be a little more patient with his core players considering the term on their contract and the fact that they are all still in their prime for the next several seasons.
Almost internet raged at the first comment, but I see you did your homework. Thats what we do with Henrik and Kesler now.

Solid post though, and I just don't see either team being full on excited for this trade. Change for changes sake. Washington loses a set up man probably projecting, if not already competing with Hank, as well as his youth, for a defensive forward who's point production kinda bottomed out due to an off season injury keeping him from training. If Kesler snaps back to Selke winning, 41 goal Kesler, then it's still difficult to quantify it. Could he spring Ovechkin into a 110+ point season, and repeat until they retire? Maybe, but they could also have 0 chemistry and end up with that production between them.

As far as I see it, Backstrom is working, more or less, and even if there is some kind of friction or drop in play that I can't attribute to the team's struggles, Kesler is in the same boat. Why trade a monster you know for one you don't?

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 06:58 AM
  #16
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,772
vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot20 View Post
To Van:
Nicklas Backstrom
2nd Round 2013

To Was:
Ryan Kesler
Anton Rodin
Sure you don't want to try for Ovechkin?

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 08:56 AM
  #17
Luck 6
\\_______
 
Luck 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
the caps need a 2c. to get one they trade their 1c. that makes sense. come on

edit//wait...backstrom is soft???
By HF Boards standards, if a player is european and the poster hasn't seen them play much then they have to be soft. Just the way it is.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 09:13 AM
  #18
Nuck This
Registered User
 
Nuck This's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,001
vCash: 500
Kesler and Ovechkin together would be an absolute load to handle.

Nuck This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 09:14 AM
  #19
Nuck This
Registered User
 
Nuck This's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grags2Kass View Post
It's because some Canuck fans are extremely fickle and impatient, Kesler had a bad injury last year that required surgery, the type of surgery he got is supposed to take 16+ months to fully heal and he came back to soon and therefore if you watch some recent Canuck games you can tell very easily his problem is that his acceleration and top speed aren't what it was last year. Give him an off season to heal and actually train and prepare and I'm confident he will get 70+ points again and look like the Kesler of old.
If he does recover. The guy is so hard on his legs, in a few years, It'll be his other hip. I love the guy but he's not gonna have a long career.

Nuck This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 09:42 AM
  #20
wholesickcrew
Registered User
 
wholesickcrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
Backstrom isn't on the market at all.

Of course, neither is Kesler.
And that's where the thread should end.

wholesickcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.