HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

James Neal suspended 1 game. Asham 4. Adams 1.

Old
04-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
Maybe someone scooted it along the ice with his stick to make it harder to find.

I don't mind that stuff though. Players start to really get sick of one another in playoff series because of how much time they play against each other. It's like two brothers spending way too much time together. It doesn't take long for the arguments and the agitating to start. **** tapping a glove away with a stick. I threw my kid brothers basketball clear across a road once. He also did little **** like that to me back in the day.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:06 PM
butchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post
Protip to Giroux: When James Neal is on the forecheck, you might want to keep your head up... and hunching down definitely isn't going to help you either.
James Neal is forechecking in his own zone? Maybe that's why the pens are loosing

butchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:07 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

I can see Asham being suspended, but Neal? Why?

If Weber got a fine for dribbling Zs head off the glass, how can you justify suspending Neal?

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal

Picking up his mouthguard? I'll have to look at that again. I don't think he was embellishing; I just though he got his bell rung. Seems to me that an NHL skater should be able to bend over to grab something off the ice without looking THAT awkward.

SCUDeriMISSILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
Maybe someone scooted it along the ice with his stick to make it harder to find.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:09 PM
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post

If Weber got a fine for dribbling Zs head off the glass, how can you justify suspending Neal?
Man, I'm going to laugh about that "play" for a long time. It was so blatant and so ridiculous that I still can't believe it happened. Who even thinks to grab someone's head in plain site of everyone and then smash the guys face off the glass?

Hysterical to me for some reason.

SCUDeriMISSILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Frasier Crane View Post
Man, I'm going to laugh about that "play" for a long time. It was so blatant and so ridiculous that I still can't believe it happened. Who even thinks to grab someone's head in plain site of everyone and then smash the guys face off the glass?

Hysterical to me for some reason.
Yeah, that was hysterical. Weber almost looked like a wrestler bashing his opponents head into the turnbuckle.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:42 PM
Gooch

This is what is pissing me off about the NHL. Neal is looking to be suspended yet a deliberate attempt to take out his knees by Grossman isnt even being discussed as having additional punishment? When Shanahan released a video explaining what is and what isnt a suspendable kneeing offense the Grossman attempt was in the 5+ game category the only thing that didnt happen was Neal managed to survive the attack injury free. Meanwhile he delivers the same kind of hit that Schenn delivered earlier in the game and now is being talked about a suspension? This is ridiculous.

Gooch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:46 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Adams suspension upheld.

http://twitter.com/#!/TSNBobMcKenzie...88849604431872

billybudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:48 PM
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Make It 30!!!!

Asham will feel the brunt of the punishment. Neal will walk.

OttawaRoughRiderFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:52 PM
MtlPenFan

I guess we'll see Tangradi get his 3 minutes of ice.

MtlPenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:52 PM
Pick87your71Poison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
This is what is pissing me off about the NHL. Neal is looking to be suspended yet a deliberate attempt to take out his knees by Grossman isnt even being discussed as having additional punishment? When Shanahan released a video explaining what is and what isnt a suspendable kneeing offense the Grossman attempt was in the 5+ game category the only thing that didnt happen was Neal managed to survive the attack injury free. Meanwhile he delivers the same kind of hit that Schenn delivered earlier in the game and now is being talked about a suspension? This is ridiculous.
Yeah, that Grossman knee was way more blatant than something like what Orpik did to Stepan a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard a peep about it.

Pick87your71Poison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:59 PM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
Heyyyyy. We get to use a rookie in the lineup.

mpp9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 04:11 PM
bambamcam4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge11 View Post
Schenn 2 minutes for charging, not 40 minutes before Neal's play.
They called a charge after Asham attacked him. They had no intention of doing so before.

bambamcam4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Suspended4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post
Schenn definitely embellished somewhat on the Asham hit if you ask me - he acted like he was shot, yet he didn't miss a shift.

It was still a dirty play... no doubt, but when you're a rookie taking blatant charges/runs at our guys, there has to be repercussions. Did Asham go too far? Absolutely
Troll detected back at ya.

So...do you want to talk about embellishment??? I have about 182 minutes of video to show you. You won't like it...unless it's discovered that Crosby and Letang, just to name a few, are actually bobble-head dolls come to life.

Seriously though, I understand that as a Pens fan you'd want to forget about that game and move on which probably means you're not looking at replays, etc as much as Flyers fans are, who are pretty upset about the whole debacle. But if you watch the replays in detail, it's pretty damn hard to say that there was no ill intent in any of the three major offenses yesterday.

I will admit that I don't think Asham intended to throat Schenn the way he did, but you know that all players are responsible for their stick at all times. If you lead into another player with your stick already at shoulder height, chances are pretty good that stick is going even higher into the head. If Asham wouldn't have punched a defenseless player, he may not be looking at a possible suspension tomorrow.

I'm more upset with Neal's actions yesterday. He's a repeat offender first of all and you can't tell me there were no ill intentions on both of those plays. The interference on Couturier was blatant...and the attempt at Giroux was blatant also. Giroux had the mind to try and get out of the way which could have made it much worse on Neal. And I actually thought Neal seemed like a sensible player after seeing him on NHL36...now I'm not so sure.

And all of this after Neal had an AMAZING, high-light reel goal...unfortunately his own stupid actions over-shadowed that goal and those two cheap shots and probable suspension are all he'll be remembered for in this series now. Honestly, it's a shame.

Biggest shame of all though - Sid. Is anyone truly happy with his "captaincy" he displayed yesterday? I totally agree stirring the pot is a way that leaders get their team riled up. But Sid doesn't stir the pot and then answer to it...he stirs the pot and then hides. He's the reason Letang got thrown out of the game and the reason for every scuffle...doesn't it make anyone upset that he has to distract his teammates on the ice because once he starts a fight, everyone has to stick up for him. That just distracts his teammates, and this series has been proof of that.

I will admit, I used to defend Crosby to my other friends who aren't Pens fans - and let me tell you it's not just Flyers fans who have a negative view of him, it's pretty much league-wide - but now I don't know if I can defend him after seeing his lack of leadership and pettiness in this series. I fear that this is his true nature coming to light. If Giroux acted like that, captain or no captain, I'd be just as disgusted.

Anyway, Neal - 2 games...Asham 2 games. But based on the league's inconsistency with discipline, it's possible to see Neal on Wednesday. Either way, Neal will have to answer to somebody at some point, hope the kid is ready for it.

Suspended4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 04:33 PM
Wes C Addle
Mookie Blaylock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspended4Life View Post
Biggest shame of all though - Sid.
So with everything that happened in game 3, THIS is the biggest shame?

Really?

Wes C Addle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 04:33 PM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post

Well, Shanny said he didn't suspend Weber cause Z was fine, so we have hope!

KaylaJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 04:36 PM
mpp9

Yeah that whole severity of the injury thing factoring into the length of the suspension is the biggest logical fail I've heard in a good while.

mpp9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspended4Life View Post
Troll detected back at ya.

So...do you want to talk about embellishment??? I have about 182 minutes of video to show you. You won't like it...unless it's discovered that Crosby and Letang, just to name a few, are actually bobble-head dolls come to life.

Seriously though, I understand that as a Pens fan you'd want to forget about that game and move on which probably means you're not looking at replays, etc as much as Flyers fans are, who are pretty upset about the whole debacle. But if you watch the replays in detail, it's pretty damn hard to say that there was no ill intent in any of the three major offenses yesterday.

I will admit that I don't think Asham intended to throat Schenn the way he did, but you know that all players are responsible for their stick at all times. If you lead into another player with your stick already at shoulder height, chances are pretty good that stick is going even higher into the head. If Asham wouldn't have punched a defenseless player, he may not be looking at a possible suspension tomorrow.

I'm more upset with Neal's actions yesterday. He's a repeat offender first of all and you can't tell me there were no ill intentions on both of those plays. The interference on Couturier was blatant...and the attempt at Giroux was blatant also. Giroux had the mind to try and get out of the way which could have made it much worse on Neal. And I actually thought Neal seemed like a sensible player after seeing him on NHL36...now I'm not so sure.

And all of this after Neal had an AMAZING, high-light reel goal...unfortunately his own stupid actions over-shadowed that goal and those two cheap shots and probable suspension are all he'll be remembered for in this series now. Honestly, it's a shame.

Biggest shame of all though - Sid. Is anyone truly happy with his "captaincy" he displayed yesterday? I totally agree stirring the pot is a way that leaders get their team riled up. But Sid doesn't stir the pot and then answer to it...he stirs the pot and then hides. He's the reason Letang got thrown out of the game and the reason for every scuffle...doesn't it make anyone upset that he has to distract his teammates on the ice because once he starts a fight, everyone has to stick up for him. That just distracts his teammates, and this series has been proof of that.

I will admit, I used to defend Crosby to my other friends who aren't Pens fans - and let me tell you it's not just Flyers fans who have a negative view of him, it's pretty much league-wide - but now I don't know if I can defend him after seeing his lack of leadership and pettiness in this series. I fear that this is his true nature coming to light. If Giroux acted like that, captain or no captain, I'd be just as disgusted.

Anyway, Neal - 2 games...Asham 2 games. But based on the league's inconsistency with discipline, it's possible to see Neal on Wednesday. Either way, Neal will have to answer to somebody at some point, hope the kid is ready for it.
He asked Schenn to go and he refused. Not what I'd call "hiding". As far as all other teams not liking Sid, who cares. He doesn't, we don't so move on. And I'm not too worried about Neal. He's a big boy who can handle himself, I'm sure he knows he has a target on him.

Mo Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 04:52 PM
lastcupever75
NY Roadkill

wow

were we this welcome onthe flyer boards after being up big in the last 2 series vs. them

i'm gonna guess no

lastcupever75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 04:55 PM
Sivek

If what Weber did to Zetterberg garners no suspension, I don't know how any act short of pulling out a gun and lighting up the opposition can be suspension worthy. Sedin hasn't played since the Keith cheapshot yet Keith just got a slap on the wrist for KO'ing one of the best players in the league for the season. Shanahan is as bad as the previous *********. "The player wasn't immediately injured and removed from the game on a stretcher, lighter sentence, strong hockey play" what a ****ing joke.

That being said, Neal will be suspended because the league just doesn't want to deal with what might happen if he plays next game. Just going to take the easy way out and suspend him.

Sivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Damaged Goods

^ Two wrongs make a right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Wanchuk View Post
He asked Schenn to go and he refused. Not what I'd call "hiding". As far as all other teams not liking Sid, who cares. He doesn't, we don't so move on. And I'm not too worried about Neal. He's a big boy who can handle himself, I'm sure he knows he has a target on him.
Is that so?

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:01 PM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambamcam4ever View Post
They called a charge after Asham attacked him. They had no intention of doing so before.
Not true, the hand was up on the ref to call the charge before Asham attacked him.

Asham is gonna get like 5 games imo and Neal probably will get a walk.

Letang fan 58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:05 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
Yeah, that was hysterical. Weber almost looked like a wrestler bashing his opponents head into the turnbuckle.
I laughed because Z is a ****** canoe.

He rubbed Weber's head into the glass first... Guess it is bad to piss off the big man.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:05 PM
Sivek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
^ Two wrongs make a right?

When a guy blatantly grabs a guy's head and tries to repeatedly smash it into the glass and receives no suspension for it, how can the person in charge have any credibility? It's like in a court of law, a guy is convicted of murder and is given a 5K fine, then in another case a guy with a parking violation is given 10 years in prison. There's no consistency to anything.

Sivek is offline   Reply With Quote