HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

James Neal suspended 1 game. Asham 4. Adams 1.

Old
04-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Terrapin

vCash: 500
Am I the only one that finds it hilarious that Philly has pulled this **** for 45 years, but now that they get a little of the cheap stuff back at them, they cry like vag's?

Terrapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:09 PM
AK

What Neal did was completely malicious and should absolutely be suspendable.

That said, he shouldn't be suspended. Weber's stunt was one of the worst things I've ever seen on a hockey rink, and it didn't get him suspended. So, if Shanahan isn't going hold one star accountable, he can't hold another one accountable four days later, either. What a garage league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
Am I the only one that finds it hilarious that Philly has pulled this **** for 45 years, but now that they get a little of the cheap stuff back at them, they cry like vag's?
Yeah, really. This idea that Scott Hartnell and Claude Giroux are angelic victims is priceless. (Not to excuse any of what the Pens did yesterday.)

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:10 PM
NJGoalie

Quote:
Our players were punished for their actions. The same should go the other way. That's fair right?

NJGoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:13 PM
Hear Me Now
YES! YES! YES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGoalie View Post
Our players were punished for their actions. The same should go the other way. That's fair right?
No, they should be rewarded for cheapshotting the cheapshotters, in my honest opinion!

Hear Me Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:19 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Look at all of the dirty plays on Karlsson in game 1 .. So the Sens just decided to bust heads to start game 2. Then the Rags take out Krusty the Klown for good measure (did Torts call out his teams goonery?)

The blatant cheapshot on Smith by Shaw...

Of course my personal favorite is Weber egging Zs head off the glass...

When did people get so sensitive about this stuff?

And uh, Philly built a legacy off goonery and used thuggery to win 2 cups. Also hard to forget ******* Hatcher knocking out Crosby's teeth.

Now the shoe is on the other foot and they throw up their hands screaming Pens are thugs... Kind of funny...

Can't say I am too worried if their fans are upset.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:20 PM
NJGoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hear Me Now View Post
No, they should be rewarded for cheapshotting the cheapshotters, in my honest opinion!
Which players on the current roster cheap shotted someone?

Old
04-16-2012, 05:23 PM
66-29-33

Why is Adams suspended 1 game while Giroux gets nothing? Adams was 3rd man in, so was Giroux for that Crosby fight, no? Crosby was after Timonen, Giroux turns Crosby around to fight him.

edit- Or is that not why Adams was suspended? i heard Adams should be suspended for being 3rd man in on the stanley cup forums.

66-29-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:24 PM
Hear Me Now
YES! YES! YES!

Quote:
Hartnell (all the time), Schenn (on Martin yesterday), Grossman knee on knee to Neal.

And one mostly clean year doesn't erase the legacy, which is what I was actually calling cheapshotters for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
Why is Adams suspended 1 game while Giroux gets nothing? Adams was 3rd man in, so was Giroux for that Crosby fight, no? Crosby was after Timonen, Giroux turns Crosby around to fight him.
Adams was suspended for instigator in last 5 minutes of the game.

Hear Me Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:26 PM
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal

Adams got an instigator in the last 5 minutes of the game - like Geno did in '09 with Zetterberg.

SCUDeriMISSILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:26 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hear Me Now View Post
Adams was suspended for instigator in last 5 minutes of the game.
Oh, ok i take back my coment.

66-29-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:35 PM
PPPower

First off, I'm a Flyers Fan.
There should be 4 suspensions from game 3 if these were handed out independent of other suspensions in the past (ie clean slate).

Adams - instigator rule, punching a player from behind while he's clearly tangled up with someone else, (sid was hardly in danger, just a bit of grappling and even so, you pull him off first, not throw punches from behind). idc about the hair pulling

Asham - I don't mind him going after Schenn after his hit, that's hockey. But he is responsible for his stick whether he hit his chest and it road up or straight to the throat (apperntly his chin was bleeding) followed by the late punch

Neal - I am not sure whether it was a headshot on either Couts or Giroux so I'd discard that. But it was clearly charging on couts and what makes it suspend-able in my mind was that it was also soo late.

Grossman - It was knee on knee, that should be reason enough. Whether it was unintentional/revenge shouldn't matter (as i said, clean slate). It's too dangerous to be ignored and i'm glad there was no injuries.

I think we can all agree that shanahan has been horribly inconsistent tho so who knows what will actually happen. Grossman's knee on knee was greatly overshadowed and because of the past hit from vitale on him i'm sure it will be ignored, though it shouldnt. I also wouldn't be surprised if neal doesnt get anything but a fine.

As to the rest of the game I dont care about the rest of the after the whistle stuff, whether it by crosby's whacking at bryz or couturier's chips at malkin as they aren't "dangerous" plays and are common in playoff hockey. (there were many other examples from BOTH teams but those were just two of the more obvious ones I chose)

oh, and the officiating was pathetic.

PPPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:39 PM
Pick87your71Poison

I think Adams and Asham get suspended, but no one else, but like has been said, who knows with this stuff.

Pick87your71Poison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:40 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPPower View Post
First off, I'm a Flyers Fan.
There should be 4 suspensions from game 3 if these were handed out independent of other suspensions in the past (ie clean slate).

Adams - instigator rule, punching a player from behind while he's clearly tangled up with someone else, (sid was hardly in danger, just a bit of grappling and even so, you pull him off first, not throw punches from behind). idc about the hair pulling

Asham - I don't mind him going after Schenn after his hit, that's hockey. But he is responsible for his stick whether he hit his chest and it road up or straight to the throat (apperntly his chin was bleeding) followed by the late punch

Neal - I am not sure whether it was a headshot on either Couts or Giroux so I'd discard that. But it was clearly charging on couts and what makes it suspend-able in my mind was that it was also soo late.

Grossman - It was knee on knee, that should be reason enough. Whether it was unintentional/revenge shouldn't matter (as i said, clean slate). It's too dangerous to be ignored and i'm glad there was no injuries.

I think we can all agree that shanahan has been horribly inconsistent tho so who knows what will actually happen. Grossman's knee on knee was greatly overshadowed and because of the past hit from vitale on him i'm sure it will be ignored, though it shouldnt. I also wouldn't be surprised if neal doesnt get anything but a fine.

As to the rest of the game I dont care about the rest of the after the whistle stuff, whether it by crosby's whacking at bryz or couturier's chips at malkin as they aren't "dangerous" plays and are common in playoff hockey. (there were many other examples from BOTH teams but those were just two of the more obvious ones I chose)

oh, and the officiating was pathetic.
Hard to argue with any of that. Very fair. I guess I'm old school and don't like suspensions unless it's something way over the top. I think what Asham did falls into that category. I'd probably let the rest slide and just fine them.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:41 PM
Left Of The Dial

I don't understand how Neal has a hearing for his hit on Giroux. If he gets suspended for the Couturier hit, fine, that was dirty. But the Giroux hit is simply two minutes for charging. If it was the first shift of the game, Neal would have received a penalty and the hit would never be thought of again.

Left Of The Dial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:47 PM
PPPower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Of The Dial View Post
I don't understand how Neal has a hearing for his hit on Giroux. If he gets suspended for the Couturier hit, fine, that was dirty. But the Giroux hit is simply two minutes for charging. If it was the first shift of the game, Neal would have received a penalty and the hit would never be thought of again.
I also disagree with it, I think it had to do with what previously happened, the time remaining in the game, and guessing what his intent was. It looked to me that Giroux ducked almost all of the hit, and in the process of doing that, made it look worse.

And somehow there is only 1 camera angle of it which doesn't help, I'm sure it wouldn't look nearly as bad from another angle.

Old
04-16-2012, 05:50 PM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

Shanahan on knee hits. This was added before the playoffs and kind of gives a break down of what he and the league are looking for when seeing those and how the GMs already agreed to it.

KaylaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:51 PM
Terrapin

Quote:
Hartnell has a history of all sorts of things, including practically biting Letang's finger off a few years ago. Also, I think it was him that gave a Pen a nice little kick behind the play.

Schenn runs around all game, crosschecking from behind. Not to mention his hit on Martin, which IMO was the same, if not worse than Neal's hit.

Grossman's knee on knee.

Rinaldo is an asswipe.

Old
04-16-2012, 05:56 PM
Polaris Husky
The North Star

So, people who were RL friends of mine before this series are no longer friends of mine.

They're actually holding me personally responsible for Neal and Asham's actions.

I'm serious.

Polaris Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:59 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru Kitsune View Post
So, people who were RL friends of mine before this series are no longer friends of mine.

They're actually holding me personally responsible for Neal and Asham's actions.

I'm serious.
They sound crazy. You need new friends.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 06:01 PM
PPPower

removed

Last edited by PPPower: 04-16-2012 at 06:05 PM. Reason: misquote :((
Old
04-16-2012, 06:03 PM
Terrapin

Quote:
mentioning grossman when earlier you say
Yeah, that wasn't my quote. I belive purposely misquoting someone is a major infraction. May want to edit it pal

Old
04-16-2012, 06:04 PM
NJGoalie

Quote:
Hartnell has a history of all sorts of things, including practically biting Letang's finger off a few years ago. Also, I think it was him that gave a Pen a nice little kick behind the play.

Schenn runs around all game, crosschecking from behind. Not to mention his hit on Martin, which IMO was the same, if not worse than Neal's hit.

Grossman's knee on knee.

Rinaldo is an asswipe.
I won't defend Hartnell for the biting incident, but he hasn't done anything dirty in a long while, and never really was much of a head hunter or cheap shot artist.

As for Schenn running around, he is playing a clean game. If you think his crosscheck on Crosby was dirty you must have missed Crosby running at him well after the puck was gone. His hits this series have all been legal. The hit on Martin was not worse than what Neal did because the puck was actually present. The video clearly shows his feet were planted at the moment of impact, which Neal's clearly were not.

Grossman's hit was knee on knee. It was almost the same play as what happened with Orpik on Stepan, which I thought was suspension worthy, so I won't argue that. I thought both Grossman's hit, and Orpik's on Stepan, were suspension worthy, but both also did not look to be intentional or malicious. I thought they were reckless and irresponsible hits. If Grossman were to be suspended I would not argue it in the least, although I'm not sure I would classify it, or Orpik's as "dirty," as I don't think the intent was there.

Old
04-16-2012, 06:04 PM
mpp9

A girl I was best friends with in high school is in town the next few months, but lives in Philly.

We're civil. I always assumed people from Philly became zombie creatures who say that everyone sucks. Not true apparently.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 06:05 PM
PPPower

Quote:
Yeah, that wasn't my quote. I belive purposely misquoting someone is a major infraction. May want to edit it pal
haha oops my bad, fixing

Old
04-16-2012, 06:05 PM
Terrapin

Quote:
haha oops my bad, fixing
lol. no worries man