HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

James Neal suspended 1 game. Asham 4. Adams 1.

Old
04-16-2012, 07:54 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by st5801 View Post
Its the most important part of the season, and we're taking bad penalties and getting key guys suspended. I'm the biggest Pens fan you'll find, but I don't see how the lack of leadership and discipline can be defended. Yes, the media are idiots, and yes, there are other dirty players out there, but we're the ones down 3-0 in the series and giving up an absurd number of goals.
I don't have a problem with the team being criticized. They deserve that. It's a little hard for me to take it seriously when he calls our coach Dan Bylsmith though.

Captain Hook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 07:54 PM
FlightlessBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
Nothin yet?
Their hearings aren't until tomorrow.

FlightlessBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 07:56 PM
cassius

I think Asham will get suspended for the playoffs, but Neal should get off with a fine.

cassius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 07:56 PM
Sivek

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightlessBird View Post
Their hearings aren't until tomorrow.
gotta take the time to grease up the NHL Wheel of Justice, it's been under heavy use lately

Sivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 07:57 PM
lastcupever75
NY Roadkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
Am I the only one that finds it hilarious that Philly has pulled this **** for 45 years, but now that they get a little of the cheap stuff back at them, they cry like vag's?
absolutely not

its hypocrisy at its best

lastcupever75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 07:57 PM
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
Am I the only one that finds it hilarious that Philly has pulled this **** for 45 years, but now that they get a little of the cheap stuff back at them, they cry like vag's?
This X 10000. The flyers are the epitome of hypocrisy. They pump up their chests about the big bad flyers, and when someone dishes out some questionable hits they cry like little *****es. The antics from that franchise over the last 7 years are a helluva lot worse than anything that happened yesterday.

Mo Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 07:58 PM
st5801

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivek View Post
Game 3 was already in the bag by the time the shenanigans started.
In the first period alone, we had Letang go to the box for two minutes (leading to a two man advantage), then come back only to get a game misconduct, then saw Crosby go to the box for 5 minutes, and also saw Asham take a major penalty. That's a lack of discipline. The game was not over at that point.

If people want to defend the performance as tough play, complain about the media, and call the Flyers hypocrites, that's fine, but at the end of the day, we are the ones down 3-0, allowing the Flyers to beat us mentally, and allowing more goals in two playoffs games than anyone since 1993.

st5801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 07:59 PM
TheStinger
Non Omnis Moriar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivek View Post
gotta take the time to grease up the NHL Wheel of Justice, it's been under heavy use lately
They should bring back Campbell's Card Shuffle of Destiny.

TheStinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 08:00 PM
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
^ Two wrongs make a right?

Is that so?
Yeah watch the replay. Sid asked him if he wanted to go and Schenn denied.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:04 PM
Terrapin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Wanchuk View Post
This X 10000. The flyers are the epitome of hypocrisy. They pump up their chests about the big bad flyers, and when someone dishes out some questionable hits they cry like little *****es. The antics from that franchise over the last 7 years are a helluva lot worse than anything that happened yesterday.
And to be fair, it's not even just the Flyers. Tortorella whined and cried about Orpik, Sid, Geno, etc. Yet in 2 straight games against the Devils, he started the game by sending out goons to get in a line brawl. Not to mention the series against Ottawa. Point is, everone's a hypocrit to some degree. There's no need to *****, whine, apologize, or argue about it. The Flyers acted like little schoolgirls after that regular season game. Yet they got Bobby Clarke running the team.

Terrapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 08:06 PM
lastcupever75
NY Roadkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Wanchuk View Post

7 years lol

last 4 decades to be more accurate

lastcupever75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 08:12 PM
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastcupever75 View Post
7 years lol

last 4 decades to be more accurate

I know, I was trying to keep it to "recent" times.

Huge props to the username btw, always smile when I read that.

Old
04-16-2012, 09:32 PM
MSSLYNX

Sid asked him if he wanted to go and Schenn denied.
-
Pierre McGuire said the exact opposite happened. I will take his words over yours.

MSSLYNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:07 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

As a Flyers fan, now you Penguins fans know what it was like for us a few years back when everyone said we were dirty. The arguments you are making to justify the actions of the Pens are the same as the arguments the Flyers fans made back then. I think as a whole, the league and fans are overreacting to how the Penguins acted, just as I think the league and fans overreacted to the Flyers back then.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:11 PM
MSSLYNX

The league has overreacted? Ruling is out?
The Pronger puck saga is indeed no better than Sydney's glove pushing. But was funnier! Eager almost begged to get the puck back , please.

MSSLYNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:35 PM
NJGoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Durbano View Post
Did Derrian Hatcher get suspended for knocking out Crosby's teeth with a cross check?
Was Derian Hatcher on the ice on Sunday?

NJGoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 01:04 AM
PensFan68

Asham should be suspended for 5 games. I don't think the cross check was bad (as Schenn is a good actor), but the punch to the back of the head while down was just wrong (regardless of the acting by Schenn). That's stupid and shouldn't be tolerated.

Having said that, I don't see how they can punish that after letting Weber get away with shoving someones face into the boards. Asham really should get nothing more than a fine since Weber got nothing, but both should get (or have gotten) 5 games, IMHO.

As for Neal, anyone got YT? I really don't remember his hits. Just remember Asham's because I knew there would be uproar about it.

I don't post on the main boards, but read here or there. Funny how the Pens get pages and pages and pages of hate, but Backstrom clearly makes contact with the head and there aren't nearly the amount of posts and most saying it's nothing like Asham's cross check (maybe I'm a homer, but seems like it targeted the head where Asham didn't).

PensFan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 01:22 AM
hockeyfreak7

Flyers fan in peace, not trying to stir things up here.

Props to the Pens fans who have called Neal out and recognized that he made some bad hits.

But to those who are blindly justifying his actions, particularly the one on Couturier, I just want to point out that this is exactly the attitude that I think got the Penguins in the hole in the first place. Why justify his actions? Instead of going hunting on Couturier, why wouldnt he be focused on getting a goal to get back in the game? Isnt that his role? No game is out of reach when you are the highest scoring team in the league.

The idea that every action is justifiable is the attitude that has thrown the Penguins off their game. Instead of playing the Penguins hockey that we saw in the regular season, this team is more concerned with sending messages.

Let me put it this way, in a series like this, if you find yourself defending every play the Penguins made, then that should be clue #1 that your judgment is being severely clouded. Similarly, as a Flyers fan, I will recognize that Grossman's play was not clean and the Flyers have been embellishing. You dont have to justify everything to be a fan!

Especially when the actions you are justifying are hurting your team more than helping it.

Just my opinion. Not trolling, just making an observation. I would have loved a close series, and am honestly disappointed that it hasnt been. As much as I dislike your team, I enjoy the skill of 87 and 71 too much to be happy by what has transpired in this series. Why cant 87 focus on chipping away at the Flyers lead instead of stirring things up? I think its precisely that mindset that has derailed the Penguins from their unique brand of hockey, and constantly justifying those actions is silly when they clearly have a negative effect on your play.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 03:21 AM
FeedDaPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSSLYNX View Post
The league has overreacted? Ruling is out?
The Pronger puck saga is indeed no better than Sydney's glove pushing. But was funnier! Eager almost begged to get the puck back , please.
Pronger has never carried himself as golden boy - he was always a pest with a mean streak. If Pronger did the glove thing it would have been ok (Same goes for Kennedy, Neal, even Geno) but Sid... Come on - it took him 3 years to have the fans forget about refferee-lawyering and whining in general, and one game erased everything. Keep your mouth shut - and just play hockey. Severely disappointed in him losing his cool. If you want to be a bad guy - dont hide behind the ref. (Sid is a multiple offender on this one)

Neal... Ah, I am ok with him NOT getting suspended. Have Rinaldo take a run at him and we are square. Its hockey. What can you do...

Asham - dirty. Not the hit, but the crosscheck and especially the punch - Bertuzzi-like. (Weber should have been suspended; his actions were a lot worse than Asham's - but he did not get a suspension - league loves its stars (NOW you know why we always looked at the Pens as primadonnas - its not the players' fault - the League made them into what they are... )

Grossmann - 1 game. Nothing to discuss.

FeedDaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 03:39 AM
Master Shake

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post
Schenn definitely embellished somewhat on the Asham hit if you ask me - he acted like he was shot, yet he didn't miss a shift.

It was still a dirty play... no doubt, but when you're a rookie taking blatant charges/runs at our guys, there has to be repercussions. Did Asham go too far? Absolutely
I dont think he went too far and I dont think he should be suspended either.

Master Shake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 03:51 AM

Its funny to see what some people expect. Shea Weber took Z's head and smacked it into the glass so hard that it cracked his helmet. He got a $2500 fine.

Ash crosschecked someone in the chest and Neal gave some high hits. They should both be fined... maybe Neal gets a double fine.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 08:09 AM
Gustavo Fring
-35 ;)

Neal probably gets a game, and who cares about Asham, will guess two to three though.

Gustavo Fring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 08:13 AM
Polaris Husky
The North Star

No way Neal doesn't get at least 3 games.

The whole point of the double-hearing is to make him an instant repeat offender.

Polaris Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 08:15 AM
Gustavo Fring
-35 ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru Kitsune View Post
No way Neal doesn't get at least 3 games.

The whole point of the double-hearing is to make him an instant repeat offender.
I see it the other way, they give him the double hearing so they CAN give him a game. If he only had one hearing, I believe he would come out with just a fine.

Gustavo Fring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 08:23 AM
Lionel Hutz

I think asham punched schenn while he was down bc he felt he was embellishing, which he probably was.

Makes it no better whatsoever, but I just think that was why.

Take away the punch, and it wouldn't have been half as bad.

I don't think neal should get suspended.

Lionel Hutz is offline   Reply With Quote