HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Our future .

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2004, 02:14 PM
Theodoredust

vCash: 500
Our future .

What in the world has happenned to our much vaunted draft choices and young AHL prospects . Most of them, on the Hamilton Bulldogs, are a dissappointment ,so far this season .

Old
12-05-2004, 02:23 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodoredust
What in the world has happenned to our much vaunted draft choices and young AHL prospects . Most of them, on the Hamilton Bulldogs, are a dissappointment ,so far this season .
Chipchura got injure for the season.Before this injury He was 7th in points in the WHL.Hamilton are struggling a lot that's because of the young newcomers.Locke , Kostitsyn are still adapting.Time is the key but I got really mad when I saw that Chipchura got injure for the season ! Almost all of our prospects are struggling I don't know why.

Old
12-05-2004, 02:30 PM
leafaholix*

There was too much hype surrounding your prospects.

Not to say they're not good prospects, but there was too much expectations put on some of these guys. You could look at them on paper and look at HF.com ratings and say "geez, Hamilton's going to be a great team)... but they're still very young and most of these guys that have so much hype around them won't even make it to the league.

That's what you gotta learn as a hockey fan... guys like Buturlin, Ward, Farkas, Svoboda, etc... got a lot of hype, but they all flopped... it's possible with anyone nowadays unless they're proven at an extremely high level at a relatively young age... then their chances are better.

Old
12-05-2004, 02:54 PM
LePoche69

For me, everything's not so bad.

Higgins is just learning a few new things in pro hockey, like what it is to be the go to guy in a loosing season, with a loosing team, when nothing works. It's an important lesson for having a long NHL career, where is almost a sure thing that there will be some bad seasons and a lot of loosing streaks. It's important to learn how to get through it. Same for Plekanek.

...all our prospects are learning that talent isn't the only thing, and that you can't buy experience. They will surely see our vets with a lot of respect in the future. It will be great for when they will graduate.

...Koststysin is in North America, at 19, having fixed his epileptic problems, learning english and american culture, playing everygame so far of a long pro season. There is a lot of positive in there.

...Perezhogin is playing well and producing well while playing on the third line of a great club, in a strong men league.

...Bonneau is maybe learning how to be a goon who can play the game regularly. Yes, we also need that.

...Chipchura was playing very well before his injury.

...Hossa seems to be able to score goals while playing in a man league boost by NHLers.

...O'byrne and Gleed are playing regularly in NCAA.

...Grabovsky seems to be a better pick than we first thought.

...Locke make it in the AHL, is playing everygame, in a AHL boost with NHLers, when a lot of people tought he was penciled as a ECHLer.

...Heino-Lindberg and Enequist have a great season.

...Halak isn't bad at all.

So things ain't that bad. All is normal stuff for prospects. And I agree with Leafaholix: anyway, it's dumb to think that all our 25 top prospects will make it to the NHL in a big way. We could be proud if 5 to 10 make it, and if 2 to 3 of these make it while developping their full potential, as advertised.

Old
12-05-2004, 03:10 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix

Not to say they're not good prospects, but there was too much expectations put on some of these guys. You could look at them on paper and look at HF.com ratings and say "geez, Hamilton's going to be a great team)... but they're still very young and most of these guys that have so much hype around them won't even make it to the league.

That's what you gotta learn as a hockey fan... guys like Buturlin, Ward, Farkas, Svoboda, etc... got a lot of hype, but they all flopped... it's possible with anyone nowadays unless they're proven at an extremely high level at a relatively young age... then their chances are better.
I'll tell you once again, you can be so annoying at times. St.Louis was 27 when he blossomed, Naslund was 27 when he became the player he is today. Robert Lang became a regular NHLer at 27 yo. Hejduk reached the nhl at 23 yo. Datsyuk wasn't anything special until he turned what, 23 years old? Glen Murray had one good season before he turned 30 yo. Bertuzzi was seen as a second liner until he was 26. Demitra at 22 years old was traded because he wasn't turning into a good player. Jokinen was traded twice and thought as a bust until he was 23 years old. At 23 years old, Satan was traded, he became a 40 goals scorer after that.

Our prospects are over-hyped? Geez, wait a little bit for god's sake! Think about it for a second, Marcel Hossa has great tools. But he isn't putting it all togheter and he has huge constancy problems. What if we wait one or two more years then he blossoms as a good player??? His learning curve is just different, that's all. How is a guy like Higgins over-hyped??? He's very fast and skilled, on top of that he's a very versatile player. But he doesn't scores a lot this year in the AHL? What a joke! The whole team plays like crap, it doesn't matter if he scores or not. He's good. Kostitsyn isn't lighting it up in the AHL. Oh big deal... He's still very skilled and the upside is there. Danis looks like he could turn into a starter in the NHL from what I've seen. Chipchura plays for PA Raiders and he's the 7th scorer in the WHL. That's damn good too. Perezhogin has 11 points in 17 RSL games. It's better than Kovalchuk and Datsyuk. I'm not saying he's better lol, but since you look at points total more than the player's skill, you might like this fact. Plus he's playing on the third line, he was injured and he missed a few games because of the problems he's got with the ahl incident. Our prospects are skilled, let them develop. Hossa has gotten in a slump and our AHL team sucks this year (no veterans and stupid coach doesn't help), that means are prospects were over-hyped? Come on...

Old
12-05-2004, 03:22 PM
tritone

Quote:

Svoboda was a flop? Really? Jeez, I'll admit he's no McCabe but a flop?
Yes the McCabe part was sarcasm.

Old
12-05-2004, 03:49 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone
Svoboda was a flop? Really? Jeez, I'll admit he's no McCabe but a flop?
Yes the McCabe part was sarcasm.
Petr Svoboda was a Leaf prospect 4 or 5 years ago.

He was considered a top notch talent.

Old
12-05-2004, 05:00 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69

Higgins is just learning a few new things in pro hockey, like what it is to be the go to guy in a loosing season, Same for Plekanek.

...Koststysin is in North America, at 19,
...Perezhogin is playing well and producing well while playing on the third line of a great club, in a strong men league.

...Bonneau is maybe learning how to be a goon who can play the game regularly. Yes, we also need that.

...Hossa seems to be able to score goals while playing in a man league boost by NHLers.

...Locke make it in the AHL, is playing everygame, in a AHL boost with NHLers, when a lot of people tought he was penciled as a ECHLer.

Lapierre is also also learning to be the go to guy in his junior team.
about Kost, he's by now learning his defensive game and the way to play without the puck.He's playing on the fourth line with 2 goons 7-8 minutes /game , so don't expect him to score 2 goals per game..

about Hamilton team, you have to considere that it is a very young team with a lot of new graduate players.It's normal that they are not playing with confidence .If you considere all the game where they gave the first goal, i think that they are sometime in the panic mode.The return of Coté and eventually Komisarek is going to stabilise the team...

Old
12-05-2004, 05:08 PM
EaGLE1

I hate to see Chipchura injured again.

Old
12-05-2004, 06:06 PM
AH

Quote:

You just can't resist can you ?

Like I said yesterday, stop salivating at every little bump in the road for HAbs propsects. I know its the only way you can make yourself feel better about the absolutely putric state the LEafs farm system is, but come on your redunadant act is really getting old.

Developing the current crop is a three to five year proposition. Anyone with semblance of common sense need not get overly high or low over a 20 game stretch.

Old
12-05-2004, 06:15 PM
Squeaky

It's not that our prospects are having bad seasons, it's that the visible ones are having bad seasons. Pleks, Higgins and Hainsey are all struggling this year. Add to that the rediculous expectations people had on Kostitsyn, and the world is falling down around our ears right now. I haven't heard much good about Urqhart this year either.

But really, many guys have been playing well this season. I see many reasons to be cautiosly optimistic. Chipchura was great until the injury. Lappiere started great too, though he's been trailling off a little now. Hossa had a fantastic start, but I haven't heard much about him in a while. Perez has been playing well in Europe. Danis has been pretty good for a rookie in the AHL, and Hino-lindberg(sp) has been pretty good over in Europe too.

Locke hasn't been great, but he has shown some promise. He's at a spot where he's really got to step up big if he wants to keep moving up.

Kostitsyn hasn't been amazing, but I think he's been alright. 7 pts in 24 games isn't anything to write home about, but he's been getting better all season. He hasn't seen a ton of ice either, so we shouldn't be expecting too much from him. What I have liked from him is his ability to make plays on his own, which he has done a few times this year. He's also had lots of near-misses. His shooting % is third-best on the team too, so his shot is looking nice.

Old
12-05-2004, 06:19 PM
MacDaddy TLC*

Quote:
Petr Svoboda was a Leaf prospect 4 or 5 years ago.

He was considered a top notch talent.

and was never the same after that cheap shotting ******* Steven Webb took a run at him from about 60 feet away and gave him a concussion.

Old
12-05-2004, 07:58 PM
Form and Substance

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69

Higgins is just learning a few new things in pro hockey, like what it is to be the go to guy in a loosing season, with a loosing team, when nothing works. It's an important lesson for having a long NHL career, where is almost a sure thing that there will be some bad seasons and a lot of loosing streaks. It's important to learn how to get through it. Same for Plekanek.

...all our prospects are learning that talent isn't the only thing, and that you can't buy experience. They will surely see our vets with a lot of respect in the future. It will be great for when they will graduate.

...Koststysin is in North America, at 19, having fixed his epileptic problems, learning english and american culture, playing everygame so far of a long pro season. There is a lot of positive in there.

So things ain't that bad. All is normal stuff for prospects. And I agree with Leafaholix: anyway, it's dumb to think that all our 25 top prospects will make it to the NHL in a big way. We could be proud if 5 to 10 make it, and if 2 to 3 of these make it while developping their full potential, as advertised.
Even in this sodden bleak landscape, you make me smile.

Closed Thread