HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 3 | Rangers vs Senators

Old
04-16-2012, 09:19 PM
Golden
Börk Börk Börk

vCash: 500
I'm not going to dump on Spezza but I think why Milan doesn't get as much scrutiny is because we know he's one dimensional. With Spezza, he's so talented that our expectations are higher for him.

With Spezz, I get that he's being targeted but what confuses me is that he makes the same bad decisions with the puck and they can be costly. A more talented team than the Rangers would have made us pay for those mistakes. It's just disappointing.

I just wish MacLean would tell him to simplify. I don't need him to score, I just need him to settle down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalchin View Post
No complaints from me - they all played friggin hard. They had some beauty chances but ran into a goalie in the zone. If they play this way Wednesday, they can and should win. Rangers had a few close chances, but the Sens carried the play for large chunks of time.

GO SENS!

Not down, not pointing fingers....put this one in the books, and ready for Wednesday.
I like this post. If our top players show up, we have a very good chance of winning the game on Wednesday. And even if they don't, as long as they play hard, I'll be proud of this team.

I still feel really good about this team.

Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ed Wood

I know the Spezza haters don't want to hear this but the guys wife had a baby April 1. I know I was pretty useless at work when I was dealing with an infant at home. I'm giving the guy a pass.

Ed Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WhiskeyDeke
Shut up, Keith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubbe View Post
I can't stand Gilroy anymore.
HA! I think we found something Ottawa and Ranger fans can agree on finally.

WhiskeyDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caeldan View Post
If Alfie's back for Game 4...

Michalek-Spezza-Alfie
Foligno-Turris-Butler
Condra-Smith-Neil
Greening-Winchester-Daugavins
Dude. Konopka has been very good. He's earned a spot.

The Waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 09:20 PM
Swedish Mafia
Baby got Backstrom

The only problem the Sens had tonight was Henrik Lundquist

Swedish Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Neil Patrick Harris
Playoffs right MEOW

vCash: 50
I'd be quite happy to calm the hell down, but we don't exactly have a lot of room here. This isn't the regular season anymore, we don't have time to let the situation work itself out. We lose game 4 and we likely lose this series TBQH. If lines are going to gel, if players are going to wake up, they need to do it right now.

Lundqvist just stole the Rags a game. He could easily do so again.

Neil Patrick Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ChocolateLeclaire

What a bunch of miserable ***** some of you are. We lose a game where we're missing our captain by ONE GOAL against the top seed in the East and some of you are throwing our guys under the bus.

The team tried their damdest to win this one and fell just short. We're down a game, have some ****ing faith in your team.

It's 2-1 and Game 4 is in our barn. Spezza and Michalek can turn it around. Paul knows how to get thru to his guys.

ChocolateLeclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

vCash: 50
Spezz just needs to get back to the KISS rule - Keep It Simple, Stupid! There are four other skaters on the ice with him, just get the puck up the ice, pass to the open man, and create some chances. Keep it simple.

Nac Mac Feegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Waffler View Post
Dude. Konopka has been very good. He's earned a spot.
I haven't seen Konopka play this well since he was a 67.

Rhino Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
VikingKarlsson
Chomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting View Post
Unfortunately throughout his career, Spezza's game isn't made for the playoffs. At least, it isn't made for creating offense on his own. He had success with Alfredsson and Heatley because they were excellent along the boards and had elite finishing.

What I see from Spezza is a reluctance to skate. He loves to hold up and dish off the puck, but refuses to chase anything. Its infuriating, because for a guy who is typically known as an offensive guy...most of the time, he kills any chance of offense.

Sure, I'm writing this because we were blanked tonight. But its how I figured this series would go, especially with Alfredsson out. We badly need a star player who can handle boardplay and will go balls out when needed.
Agreed. Spezza plays one game... pass the puck, force a pass, try a pass. He doesn't drive the net hard, nor does he skate much without the puck. He takes faceoffs, but plays the wing. He doesn't backcheck. How can this guy be the player we build this team around. I would rather build it around a guys who puts up 60points during the season but drives the net hard, skates his ass of both ways, goes into the corners and gets the puck.

VikingKarlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Iamok
#Panic

If JOB isn't in your lineup, you're doing it wrong.

Iamok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PatrickEaves
We Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wood View Post
I know the Spezza haters don't want to hear this but the guys wife had a baby April 1. I know I was pretty useless at work when I was dealing with an infant. I'm giving the guy a pass.
They really should have planned the birth during the off-season.

PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 09:21 PM
agent2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Step View Post
Ok, done with this thread for a bit. I'll wait till you knee-jerkers chill out for an hour or two. Anderson played one of the best games of his career. Our D moved the puck incredibly well, our PK is ****ing amazing, and we controlled 75% of this entire game.

Yes, Spezza had a **** game and Milo's been invisible. I hope they bounce back large in game 4.

Don't lose hope. This is the SENS and if it's one thing they taught us this year is that they'll fight hard.. Win or lose i'm still proud of this team and the season they've had... Remember we were supposed to be a bottom 5 pick when the season started... Now we're down in the playoffs 2-1 , have another game at home and if they play as hard as they did tonight , no one should blame them except for a select few who haven't been playing as hard.

agent2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OgieO

That second line looked good, it allows us to put Alfie up with Spezza and hopefully get something going. I still like our chances. We've shown we're the better of the two teams outside of the goaltenders. Lundqvist is amazing. I tip my hat to him.

OgieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
armani
Guy Likes

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubbe View Post
Well one thing for me so far these 3 games is that Turris is going to be very good once he gets stronger, big heart.

Spezza is just forcing plays all over, coach needs to calm him down.
Turris and Foligno are freaking exciting to watch!

I have been very impressed with JOB.

One of Smith or Greening needs to show up on the scoreboard in the next game.

armani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
N Bahn Ahden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9MM View Post
bahhaahahahahah... Michalek kills penalties.. plays a complete game. Spezza is still the same old blue line to blue line player. Give your head a shake.

A center that plays the wing so he doesn't have to backcheck into the corners of his own end.
We have other guys that can kill penalties. Michalek is being paid to score, or the very least create chances. He isn't doing either.

N Bahn Ahden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Canuckman44

Well they played well enough to win, just the opposing goaltender played one goal better. Thats the way it goes.

Canuckman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 09:22 PM
mcnorth

I like the idea of net drive, but man that area is clogged already. One to the net and one to the side. We need someone with a free stick to shovel in the garbage. There are a few rebounds to be had, but when you're in so tight there's not really anywhere to go with them. I like a guy to the side of the net as a passing option too (on those rare occasions when we do have the puck under control in the offensive zone) for the Dman - the D is open with everyone collapsing, but there's no lane for the shot and it seems all three forwards are at the net. Most of the time it just hits someone in the ass it seems.

mcnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OgieO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire View Post
What a bunch of miserable ***** some of you are. We lose a game where we're missing our captain by ONE GOAL against the top seed in the East and some of you are throwing our guys under the bus.

The team tried their damdest to win this one and fell just short. We're down a game, have some ****ing faith in your team.

It's 2-1 and Game 4 is in our barn. Spezza and Michalek can turn it around. Paul knows how to get thru to his guys.
It needed to be said. Thank you.

Go Sens Go!

OgieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by armani View Post
Turris and Foligno are freaking exciting to watch!

I have been very impressed with JOB.

One of Smith or Greening needs to show up on the scoreboard in the next game.
Turris has been amazing this series

saskriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Flamingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgieO View Post
Disagree big time. We need some net drive, yes, but we're already doing that. Maybe too much right now. The Rangers are collapsing in front of their net to block shots, and they're doing a great job at it. We need to move the puck laterally and open lanes and then be moving to the net for tips & rebounds. As it is, 7 guys in front of the net is making it next to impossible to get the puck through.

We need to adjust.
The few shots taken from down near the goal line need to be fired at the feet in the crease. Get some junk going.

Flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mercurial
#lalala

Spezza didn't play great, but sometimes you have to give the other team some credit.

Stop with the hate please, it's pretty pointless.

Mercurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
topshelfie
No Rispeck

We only lost 1-0 and played a heck of a game, I wish we won but i'm not mad, just dissapointed we are playing Lundqvist really.

topshelfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ULoveMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Step View Post
Ok, done with this thread for a bit. I'll wait till you knee-jerkers chill out for an hour or two. Anderson played one of the best games of his career. Our D moved the puck incredibly well, our PK is ****ing amazing, and we controlled 75% of this entire game.

Yes, Spezza had a **** game and Milo's been invisible. I hope they bounce back large in game 4.
Clearly that wasn't enough...

ULoveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 09:23 PM
VikingKarlsson
Chomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
Turris has been amazing this series
He looks really good.

VikingKarlsson is offline   Reply With Quote