HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 3 | Rangers vs Senators

Old
04-16-2012, 10:02 PM
VikingKarlsson
Chomo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanSensFan View Post
Senators take game 4.
They better take it or it will be a short series.

VikingKarlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:02 PM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

Quote:
Senators take game 4.
Damn right. It was hard to find anything wrong with how we played tonight, the only issue obviously being Lundqvist. Next game we really have to get in his grill and get him off his game.

SixthSens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:03 PM
mcnorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
Let's say O'Brien and Turris score on their chances tonight, and we win. Can the team suddenly win in the playoffs with Spezza as the 1A centre?
Yeah, while reading I was wondering how badly Richards and Gaborik were getting it on the Rags board. (I'd wager Gaborik is their whipping boy this spring, the invisible man, and Richards has been MIA since the games got tough and is too soft)

mcnorth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Just got back from the game. They definitely deserved the W tonight. Outplayed them for 60 minutes BUT... Maclean. Why? Why? Why on earth were Spezza and Karlsson not on the PP together tonight? That was the bread and butter of this team and Mac went right away from it. I know Spezza had a poor game but you need to give him a chance.

Also, we're trying too hard with winning the faceoffs. We always have an extra guy out there to take them (usually Konopka or Winchester) but after the extra guy doesn't know what to do. They're confused as to when to get off or just play. I wish we'd just role the lines.

Last thing, give Bobby Butler more ice time. He brought it tonight and was our best forward. Give him more fking ice time.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sensrulz

Spezza has not looked good in these PO's as he should be using his shot more when he has a clear shot instead of passing as he has the best shot on the team

sensrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:05 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthSens View Post
Damn right. It was hard to find anything wrong with how we played tonight, the only issue obviously being Lundqvist. Next game we really have to get in his grill and get him off his game.
Greening needs to put his arse in Lundqvist's face all night... I feel Carkner should be back in also... we need a bit more physicality and team toughness... just a tiny bit.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tundraman
GoneCountry

Can't speak for everyone but for me it's because I think Spezza and Michalek are such very good players that I have high expectations of them. I don't want them to go anywhere. I just want them to play well as we've seen them do so many times before. Some pundits and fans used the really bad ice and bouncing pucks in NY as the excuse for their poor play in the 1st 2 games. They said just wait until they get to Ottawa.

Ok............ still waiting! Are we there yet?

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
EastCoastSensFan

[QUOTE=CanadianHockey;48213893]The puck got to Turris, he didn't anticipate though and was caught with his stick unprepared to receive. It was an awesome play by Spezza.[/QUOTE

It was a dumb play because the shot could have gone in he was all alone ( the one time he was all game) and there could have been a rebound. Turris had someone right on him. sure he could have tip ot but its not a play a smart playoff performer makes.

EastCoastSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:07 PM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

Quote:
Greening needs to put his arse in Lundqvist's face all night... I feel Carkner should be back in also... we need a bit more physicality and team toughness... just a tiny bit.
Everyone just needs to take an extra whack at the puck after he's covered it and get inside his head. He's too damn good otherwise.

SixthSens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:08 PM
SlapJack
Scum bag Sens

Spezza has been ineffective and frustrating as hell so far but anyone crapping all over him should be reminded that without him there wouldn't have been a game at all tonight. Think they make the playoffs without him? Not a chance.

SlapJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:08 PM
DonthaveaCOWEN

9MM

DonthaveaCOWEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:09 PM
Sensfanman

Quote:
Everyone just needs to take an extra whack at the puck after he's covered it and get inside his head. He's too damn good otherwise.
Also Carkner needs to do the job properly next time and beat Boyle out of the series.

Sensfanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:10 PM
Icelevel
Relentless

Put michalek with foligno and turris please, especially if alfie is back.

We can't have spez and michalek do nothing any longer.

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:10 PM
Lonnie Loach

Spezza is just about a point a game player in the playoffs. When I see him I think of Alfie many years ago when he had ascended to the leadership position, was trying too hard and was not productive. At some point he figured out how to play through it and be productive. I have no doubt Spezza will too, but it is frustrating nonetheless.

Lonnie Loach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:11 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

Quote:
he's not that good... we need to get shots through, so many shots were blocked tonight. Take an extra step and shoot from the point. Spezza just needs to shoot if he sees openings. When he stops on the half boards, his wingers should crash the net and he should take a few steps into the clear and just wail on the puck to produce rebounds. We can out play this team, we can outscore them too... even with Lundqvist in net.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Northern Neighbour

The atmosphere at the Bank tonight was terrific. The crowd was into it from the start, although we'll need to find some new NY chants.

Spezza and Michalek have not looked good at all. Both are pressing. Spezza, in particular, has been terrible. He's tentative with the puck and he's making bad decisions. He was arguably the worst Senator tonight.

I thought Smith, Cowan, Gilroy, Kuba, Turris, Foligno, and Butler all had really strong games. The Foligno-Turris-Butler line was, IMO, the team's best line all night. They had several chances, but just couldn't finish.

Lundqvist was outstanding, and the Rangers' defence did a good job at clearing rebounds. It wasn't a pretty game and the Rangers were outplayed, but they got the one break and made it count. The Senators were the better team, but that's hockey - a hot goaltender can carry a team.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastSensFan View Post

It was a dumb play because the shot could have gone in he was all alone ( the one time he was all game) and there could have been a rebound. Turris had someone right on him. sure he could have tip ot but its not a play a smart playoff performer makes.
Spezza could've missed his shot. Turris could've missed the rebound. He made an awesome play that was close to being a tap in for Turris. It was a good play with no result.

04-16-2012, 10:13 PM
SlapJack
Scum bag Sens

I was a little disappointed at one point that MacLean didn't call a time out for their last power play. They needed to have their best guys out there and they started with Phillips on the point and I think Neil out there too. Ended up with the penalty on Phillips negating the whole thing.

SlapJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:16 PM
sens2k9

Just got back from the game.. fantastic crowd tonight even if there were still a few debbie downers. One guy who was being a dany heatley all night left with 2 minutes left to go! I was sad to see some people showed up in just regular tee-shirts or dress shirts or golf shirts... I mean, how hard is it to get a $15 senators tee shirt to wear to the game?????

I mean, with fans like this who needs leaf fans invading the building?

And for those of you complaining about Spezza, ease up! He didn't have a lot of options or outlets.
There were two teams on the ice tonight, and Torts did a great job of coaching the game away from Ottawa's skill guys.

Some of us need to remember this was the first home playoff game for a lot of these kids, they will learn from it and be better in game 4.

sens2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:16 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

Silfverberg-Spezza-Alfredsson
Foligno-Turris-Michalek
Neil-Smith-Greening
O'Brien-Konopka-Condra

ReginKarlssonLehner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:18 PM
Kikizaz

Hey Sens Fans,

I just want to say that I've watched all three games and I have been really impressed with your secondary players. Ottawa has outworked the NYR in nearly each game and they have it by being better at NY's own game. Grinding and cycling. Love watching this series.

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:19 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
Put michalek with foligno and turris please, especially if alfie is back.

We can't have spez and michalek do nothing any longer.
I'd agree with this. Alfie will play. I'd bet my life savings on it and Alfie-Spezza works. Turris has been pretty good imo. He's missed on some glorious opportunities but at least he's getting those opportunities.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:21 PM
Ohhh Franco

I too was perplexed with the amount of "fans" who bailed with less than 3 mins to go in the 3rd. Really? Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeallllly?

For the most part though, the crowd was top notch and brought it all night long!

Ohhh Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Good game, Sens.

I did not the Alfredson head shot at all.

Fully rooting for you to take NYR down... but only if you have what it takes to beat Boston afterwards.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet

Unreal, some of you guys are unreal.

Spezza was pretty solid in this game I felt. I did lose internet going into the third so I couldn't watch the game but Spezza was solid, but not great up to that point.
Yeah he made a few bonehead plays when trying to create offense but on the defensive side of things he was great, real solid and helped the team a lot.
The team played lights out but so did Lundqvist: not much to say or do about it except suck it up and win game 4!

Real proud of the team after this game: they took it to the Rangers, a much better team and came very close.
Not to mention we're missing Alfie and our top 6 sort of blows right now with Michalek doing nothing and Spezza playing with bottom 6 player to try to get him away from the Ranger's top dmen.

Great effort guys! Keep it up, this series is not done.

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote