HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal/Buffalo proposal

Closed Thread

Old
12-08-2004, 09:33 AM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

vCash: 500
The Habs would be giving up too much in this trade, even though Satan is a great player. Zednik is a clutch player, and Plekanec is one of Montreal's best prospects. As mentioned, for the finances, I'd rather have Richard Zednik over Satan. I really don't want to see the Habs part ways with Plekanec either, unless we get an equal prospect back. Last year we lost one of our best prospects in Balej, and it would be a shame if Pleks didn't get a chance with the big club, considering how well we have brought him up till now.

Old
12-08-2004, 02:10 PM
Ismellofhockey

That's a bad trade for Montreal not so much value-wise as for chemistry.

Zednik really kicks it into gear come the playoffs and compliments Koivu very well because of his speed, willingness to battle in the corners and ability to crash the net. He may not have Satan's hands but he more than makes up for it with his drive.
Plus he drops the gloves from time to time.

Considering contracts, chemistry and limited production gain, this would be a definite NO if I were Bob Gainey.

Old
12-08-2004, 02:53 PM
boomboom

I say:Satan and Mair
for Zedi. and Plec.

Old
12-08-2004, 03:46 PM
N.Y. Orangeman
Coyotes Fan

vCash: 50
Wow, I wouldn't give up Satan for the package offered, let alone add things to the deal.

The deal makes no sense from the Sabres point of view.

Old
12-08-2004, 04:57 PM
Ismellofhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Y. Orangeman
Wow, I wouldn't give up Satan for the package offered, let alone add things to the deal.

The deal makes no sense from the Sabres point of view.
A 40 goal player for a younger, cheaper, gritty 30 goal player and a top prospect isn't fair value-wise?

I don't get the love affair with Satan on these boards, he's a good player but he's no Jagr.

Satan-Mair for Zednik-Plekanec might make more sense for Montreal but I doubt Sabre fans will bite, and Montreal still loses toughness in its top 6.

Old
12-08-2004, 04:59 PM
Classic Devil
Moderator Emeritus

Awards:
I gobble up this deal if I'm a Sabres fan... and think hard before accepting from Montreal's POV.

Old
12-08-2004, 05:04 PM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Paxon
I'd do it as a Sabre fan and I understand at the same time that Montreal fans wouldn't. However, I'd like to point out that while a very good prospect, Plekanec is far from a "top prospect" as some have said.

The value is similar, but considering Satan's contract (and when it ends), Montreal has good reason to not do it.

Old
12-08-2004, 06:08 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon
I'd do it as a Sabre fan and I understand at the same time that Montreal fans wouldn't. However, I'd like to point out that while a very good prospect, Plekanec is far from a "top prospect" as some have said.

The value is similar, but considering Satan's contract (and when it ends), Montreal has good reason to not do it.
O.K. so maybe Buffalo could add a pick to make the deal fair...And when I made that proposal, I didn't had any idea of the contract of Miroslav. But I though he was 28 years old isn't he?

As for Plekanec, the thing is that he migh not be able to play for the Habs. hHe could play on the 4th line but with Higgins and Perezhogin on the top of the list, it will be very hard for Tomas to play with the Habs. One thing is for sure, this guy will play in the NHL for many years.

Old
12-09-2004, 02:40 AM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
no, no and NO !!!
never i would consider to trade zednik .. he's our best goalscorer,he got grit,he's a good skater,young and not expensive ...
and actually you add plekanec to the mix ... ark..
i would trade Ribeiro way before plekanec even if one if the best habs scorer and the other only played 2 games in the NHL !!
actually our team is fine ...but the only players i would consider to trade are:
Ribeiro,Dagenais,Sundstrom !

Old
12-09-2004, 12:05 PM
Traitor8

no, Zednik takes way less money, good playoff performer...and fits in Montreal.

Old
12-09-2004, 05:21 PM
Ismellofhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon
However, I'd like to point out that while a very good prospect, Plekanec is far from a "top prospect" as some have said.
He's a top prospect in the organisation is what I meant, not a bluechip by any means.

Old
12-09-2004, 08:17 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismellofhockey
He's a top prospect in the organisation is what I meant, not a bluechip by any means.
Kostitsyn,Perezhogin,Higgins,Chipchura are ahead of him.

Old
12-09-2004, 08:41 PM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
O.K. so maybe Buffalo could add a pick to make the deal fair...And when I made that proposal, I didn't had any idea of the contract of Miroslav. But I though he was 28 years old isn't he?
He turned 30 recently. Age-wise, he actually is a good fit, as I assume Montreal will try to win big in 2 or so years. You made a good proposal from a value stand-point, but it just doesn't work good for Montreal all things considered. I don't know what Zednik makes, but I believe he was very cheap for what he brings. Satan is a bit overpriced, not too bad though. However, Montreal would be better using that money to sign Kovalev if he's still interested. They should try to add another scorer (like Kovalev) rather than upgrade one of their best scorers. Ultimately, the contracts kill it though.

Old
12-10-2004, 08:55 AM
Rowley Birkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismellofhockey
A 40 goal player for a younger, cheaper, gritty 30 goal player and a top prospect isn't fair value-wise?
I don't know how old Zednik is, but I think he is only a year or two younger than Miro. He is a nice player, but I would rather have Satan on my team every time if I had to choose. Of course, the money side of it would make sense on Buffalo's part, but players like Satan are few and far between, especially on our team.

As said, I wouldn't call Plekanec a top prospect either.

I will add though, that I wouldn't do this deal from the Habs POV either. You already have Kovalev, Koivu, Bonk, Ribeiro, Ryder, and so on, some great talent and depth up front. Satan would be a great addition to that, but is more valuable to a team like Buffalo.

Closed Thread