HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C/W Jonathan Drouin - Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL 2013 Draft)

Closed Thread

Old
07-29-2012, 09:45 AM
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey365 View Post
I've known these boys (Drouin, Duclair, Fucale, Deluca, Gauthier, Hudon, Venne, Gravel) since they were playing Atom level hockey. I live North of MTL. I know their story and I've seen their evolution to the players they are today. My son played with and against all of them.

I still remember the year Venne dominated everyone on this list..... I remember folks on this board stating that Venne would be a top 5 pic for 2013, so much he caused comotions. That was before Drouin and Duclair hit puberty..... Lol!!!

I missed maybe 3 to 4 games when Drouin and Duclair were playing for the Lions. I saw about 30 Remparts games and 15 Moose games. I was at every single series games when the Rs faced the Moose, in Qc and in Halifax.

Drouin and Duclair have been doing what they're doing since they slipped on skates. It's nothing new to me! They both are phenoms in their own rights.
I will say from a scouts view, Duclair's hockey sense is not bad but it is not tops of the chart either like what Drouins is.....Duclair looks really good because of his speed and it makes up for any hockey sense he lacks, he can pass, he can see guys through traffic, he can shoot and puck handle his skills are top notch but what he lacks is ability to slow down to let a play unfold as he is full out too much, he also lacks the ability to make the proper play, he forces plays with his speed he needs to improve his control of the play and just like Mackinnon who I find the same he needs to stop always just doing the run and gun play.

Old
07-29-2012, 12:29 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman1 View Post
I will say from a scouts view, Duclair's hockey sense is not bad but it is not tops of the chart either like what Drouins is.....Duclair looks really good because of his speed and it makes up for any hockey sense he lacks, he can pass, he can see guys through traffic, he can shoot and puck handle his skills are top notch but what he lacks is ability to slow down to let a play unfold as he is full out too much, he also lacks the ability to make the proper play, he forces plays with his speed he needs to improve his control of the play and just like Mackinnon who I find the same he needs to stop always just doing the run and gun play.

It's probably why Duclair and Grigorenko played so well together. Grigorenko slowed down the play when needed and Duclair accelerated the pace when needed.

Old
07-29-2012, 06:23 PM
Skylimit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
It's probably why Duclair and Grigorenko played so well together. Grigorenko slowed down the play when needed and Duclair accelerated the pace when needed.
imagine if Québec Remparts has Duclair - Grigorenko - Kucherov 1st line this season

Old
07-29-2012, 08:08 PM
hockey365

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman1 View Post
The basic hockey sense, IMO, either you have it or you don't, but what you described, in terms of slowing down in order to make the right play, can be taught, to both Mackinnon and Duclair.

And what SG74 just said about pairing Duclair and Grigs, makes sense as well.

Old
07-29-2012, 08:13 PM
hockey365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylimit View Post
imagine if Québec Remparts has Duclair - Grigorenko - Kucherov 1st line this season

That would be the greatest line ever to be assembled in Qc history....... If they produce to their capacity, of course.

From what's coming out of Qc, if Grigs comes back, he'll "probably" be the one who'll be dealt to another team. They see Sorensen-Duclair line for the next 2 yrs, while Grigs would be in Qc only this coming season.

Old
07-29-2012, 11:09 PM
Skylimit

Quote:
That would be the greatest line ever to be assembled in Qc history....... If they produce to their capacity, of course.

From what's coming out of Qc, if Grigs comes back, he'll "probably" be the one who'll be dealt to another team. They see Sorensen-Duclair line for the next 2 yrs, while Grigs would be in Qc only this coming season.
Grigs will never be traded if he comes back, forget it.

Grigorenko + Kucherov at Quebec Remparts.

Sorensen will be traded, pretty sure.

Old
07-30-2012, 11:29 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylimit View Post
Grigs will never be traded if he comes back, forget it.

Grigorenko + Kucherov at Quebec Remparts.

Sorensen will be traded, pretty sure.
I think Sorensen knows his time is up.

Old
07-30-2012, 10:53 PM
hockey365

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I think Sorensen knows his time is up.
IHNC, I had this conversation before, here's my opinion and let me know what you think.

I believe Grigs is the one who'll be traded and here are the reasons:

1) Build for the future with Duclair/Sorensen as a duo for the next 2-3 yrs
2) Grigs, if he's back (barring lock-out of course) he'll have spent at least 9+ games with Buffalo. That's missing the entire month of October and maybe a little of Nov. Add to that about half a douzen games to get back into Q-gear
3) There is also a "slim" possibility, but a possibility non the less that Kucherov also spends time at the NHL level before coming to the Q.
4) Duclair-Erne-Sorensen-Grigs-Kucherov will all participate in the Subways series. This usually means, throw away the last game prior to the series because the kids don't have their heads into the game, and the first game back, because of fatigue.
5) I expect Duclair-Erne-Sorensen to be invited to the U-20 and of course Grigs and Kucherov to BE on the Russian team. That's another 5 to 8 games lost
6) the other teams know that Qc will have to get rid of 1 Euro, since you're allowed only 2 Euro per team. They'll have 14 days to do so. If Grigs is back, then, why offer Qc fair value??? No way, they're stuck, they have to trade based on regulations! Qc won't have fair value for Sorensen, then, rather trade Grigs, who definetely won't be back the following year.
7) In reality, expect the line Duclair-Grigs-Kucherov to play between 35 to 40 games, barring injuries of course!

While you can build a very strong nucleus for the next 2 to 3 yrs with Duclair-Sorensen, teaching them to lead a team. Instead of having Grigs-Kucherov for only 40 games!!!

My point, think long term, especially 2013-2014 season, with matured Erne, Duclair, Sorensen, Shea, Culkin, Brassard at the core and drafted, plus other Americans and another Euro plus a very strong supporting cast, like Etchegary, who'll be between 18 and 19...... WOW!!!!

IMO......

Old
07-31-2012, 01:51 AM
RJQuack

Who's gonna take Grigs? Halifax? No. Bathurst, Moncton? No. Gatineau? Unlikely. BBA?

Highly unlikely he goes to a team with rebuilding/mid pack intentions... And I don't see a contender out there that would take him. Bathurst fits the bill as he blows Zdrahal out of the water, but what will the price be?

Old
07-31-2012, 11:57 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
IHNC, I had this conversation before, here's my opinion and let me know what you think.

I believe Grigs is the one who'll be traded and here are the reasons:

1) Build for the future with Duclair/Sorensen as a duo for the next 2-3 yrs
2) Grigs, if he's back (barring lock-out of course) he'll have spent at least 9+ games with Buffalo. That's missing the entire month of October and maybe a little of Nov. Add to that about half a douzen games to get back into Q-gear
3) There is also a "slim" possibility, but a possibility non the less that Kucherov also spends time at the NHL level before coming to the Q.
4) Duclair-Erne-Sorensen-Grigs-Kucherov will all participate in the Subways series. This usually means, throw away the last game prior to the series because the kids don't have their heads into the game, and the first game back, because of fatigue.
5) I expect Duclair-Erne-Sorensen to be invited to the U-20 and of course Grigs and Kucherov to BE on the Russian team. That's another 5 to 8 games lost
6) the other teams know that Qc will have to get rid of 1 Euro, since you're allowed only 2 Euro per team. They'll have 14 days to do so. If Grigs is back, then, why offer Qc fair value??? No way, they're stuck, they have to trade based on regulations! Qc won't have fair value for Sorensen, then, rather trade Grigs, who definetely won't be back the following year.
7) In reality, expect the line Duclair-Grigs-Kucherov to play between 35 to 40 games, barring injuries of course!

While you can build a very strong nucleus for the next 2 to 3 yrs with Duclair-Sorensen, teaching them to lead a team. Instead of having Grigs-Kucherov for only 40 games!!!

My point, think long term, especially 2013-2014 season, with matured Erne, Duclair, Sorensen, Shea, Culkin, Brassard at the core and drafted, plus other Americans and another Euro plus a very strong supporting cast, like Etchegary, who'll be between 18 and 19...... WOW!!!!

IMO......
Roy know that he can go for it this year and 2015...

I can't see him trading Grigs. He loves his Russians..

Old
08-05-2012, 10:49 PM
hockey365

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
They want Duclaire, but he's on my ND list.

He's an ineffectual hockey player and it will only get worse the higher up he goes. I'm going to need some real improvements in his hockey sense, hockey IQ, and offensive awareness if I am going to think of him worth a high draft pick.

I think he tops out as a 3rd line player with speed and the ability to chip in ugly points.
FYI:

Ross MacLean ‏@rossmaclean
White is on the board. Reinhart smacks in cross crease pass from Duclair as PP expires. No chance for Fucale. Very nice goal.

Sean Lafortune ‏@SeanLafortune
3-1 Red. Duclair with a beautiful feed on that one. Dangerous player.

Sean Lafortune ‏@SeanLafortune
Duclair continues to be Whites best forward. Love when he uses his speed on the outside. Creates so many options

James Stephan ‏@J_Habs
Anthony Duclair is a guy to watch this coming season #nhlentrydraft2013

Jonathan Dunphy ‏@Jonathan_Dunphy
@SeanLafortune I completely forgot about Duclair. Great talent. Underrated in hockey circles outside of Quebec.

Top 3 forward at the U-18 development camp FYI

Old
08-05-2012, 11:05 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
Don't bother, when WTK hates a player, he doesn't change his mind.

Back to the topic of the thread, Drouin also seems to be doing well so far at this camp.

BTW, Adam Erne is American. He won't play in the Subway series.

Old
08-11-2012, 02:04 PM
hockey365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Don't bother, when WTK hates a player, he doesn't change his mind.

Back to the topic of the thread, Drouin also seems to be doing well so far at this camp.

BTW, Adam Erne is American. He won't play in the Subway series.
Thanks for the info, I'm new to this board.

Erne not in the Subway series???? I thought it was the "QMJHL" against the Russians and not Qc born QMJHL players against the Russians. I might understand their point, but that's just not right!

Thanks for the info.....

Old
08-11-2012, 02:08 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Thanks for the info, I'm new to this board.

Erne not in the Subway series???? I thought it was the "QMJHL" against the Russians and not Qc born QMJHL players against the Russians. I might understand their point, but that's just not right!

Thanks for the info.....
It's a Canada vs Russia challenge, not just Quebec. Maritimers also play with the QMJHL.

Old
09-21-2012, 10:58 PM
danyhabsfan

Drouin with a nice goal tonight.

He looked good.

Old
09-21-2012, 11:59 PM
RJQuack

Good is an understatement. He was far and away the best player for both teams. Carrier #2.

Drouin looked like this in camp, and in two pre-season games. Those hold little weight, but he looked dominant tonight. I expect big things from him and believe it's well in reach. As many points as MacKinnon? It's a possibility.

Old
09-22-2012, 12:04 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

If you're in Ontario (specifically Toronto) - is there any easy way to get Q games?

Old
09-22-2012, 12:11 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
If you're in Ontario (specifically Toronto) - is there any easy way to get Q games?
$$$

http://telus.pqm.net/login.php

Old
09-22-2012, 12:14 AM
RJQuack

Quote:
Bend over.... Telus is calling....

Old
09-22-2012, 12:31 AM
Breakfast of Champs

Drouin wasn't far behind Mackinnon in the playoffs last year, and looked better tonight. I know it was only one game but he was incredible, his hands are out of this world.

Old
09-22-2012, 01:41 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Bend over.... Telus is calling....
but it looks like i have to dump rogers high speed, no? and while i hate rogers for too many reasons to mention - i have reasons for needing to keep their services

Old
09-22-2012, 08:43 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

I feel Drouin is going to have a tremendous year. Way too much talent and hockey sense. IMO, when it's all said and done, he could crack the top 5. Reminds me a lot of Claude Giroux.

Old
09-22-2012, 09:42 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
http://www.rds.ca/zone-video/#cat=en...videoID=113907

Highlights from last night's game. What a fun player to watch.

Old
09-22-2012, 10:28 AM
gifted88
Dante the poet

Quote:
Sportsnet occasionally shows CHL games. Most times it's OHL but they do play the odd Q game.

I'd like to know if you can find Q games streaming anywhere? I don't even care if it's in french.

Old
09-22-2012, 10:38 AM
goodfellas

His hockey sense is really something. He has great hands and poise. Me too he reminds me a little of Claude Giroux. I saw him live a couple times in Rimouski last playoffs and he impress me more than Mackinnon each times, and Mackinnon was not bad, far from it.

Closed Thread