HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Third Period and beyond!

Old
04-17-2012, 10:02 PM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Eh, no reason to break up Malkin and Neil unless Neil starts off really cold. Plus he's very dynamic. That breakaway goal in Game 3.
I haven't seen a Sharks player, not named Torrey Mitchell, do that in a while.
Yeah it'd suck for Marleau having to play with that scrub Crosby.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 10:12 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
And as a team, they'll do better with Marleau on the 2nd line. Marleau - Sedin - Sedin could very well be a repeat of the Burger line. You constantly argue how Marleau would do better with another speedy forward on his line, so why would you pair him with the Sedins instead of Kesler?
Except the Sedins play a much faster game that is more suited for Marleau's skills than Thornton and Heatley do so that's not a fair comparable. The Sedins may not be fleet of skates but they move the puck quickly, efficiently, and don't hang on to it nearly as long as Thornton does.

As for Kesler, if there is one speed player that he wouldn't do well with it is him. Kesler does not make others around him better because he doesn't look for other people all that much. In the offensive zone, he's a fairly selfish player.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 11:14 PM
ilikebigjoe

havent caught up on all the posts yet from last night, but im just gonna call it how i see it here.

maybe im wrong, but the crowd seemed to fall out of it way early in yesterdays game. i dont know why. ive seen sj come out FIRING, especially in playoff games in the tank, but yesterday it seemed like thye fell into stl's style and they fell into it fast. the crowd picked up on this and i felt like it was almost a "**** not already" type atmosphere. im talking like 2 3 minutes after the murray hit on oshie to start the game....

that being said, its over and done with. sharks need to play better, and they will on thursday. they seem to do better in the games that are ACTUALLY must win games for them. going up 2-1 woulda have been huge, but being down 2-1 isnt the end of the road. i feel like the urgency will be there thursday.

calling it.

sharks win game 4, they win series.

sharks lose game 4, another story.

ilikebigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 12:37 AM
exchequer

The man we need: RJ Umberger

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl-284595

exchequer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 12:53 AM
Berto2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebigjoe View Post
maybe im wrong, but the crowd seemed to fall out of it way early in yesterdays game. i dont know why. ive seen sj come out FIRING, especially in playoff games in the tank, but yesterday it seemed like thye fell into stl's style and they fell into it fast. the crowd picked up on this and i felt like it was almost a "**** not already" type atmosphere. im talking like 2 3 minutes after the murray hit on oshie to start the game....
I'd go with that for the most part. It may have lasted longer than just the 2-3 min post Murray hit, but ya the crowd could tell we were slipping.

Heres the pre-game intro up to the National Anthem. The crowd was in it from the get go. Sorry for the shakyness, I used my cell phone to record this. Thursday I'm aiming to take my digital camera for better quality.

Berto2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 01:20 AM
MadmanSJ
Know Your Onion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exchequer View Post
The man we need: RJ Umberger
We need an RJ to go along with our TJ to do battle with their TJ and their BJ.

We simply lack balance here.

MadmanSJ is offline   Reply With Quote