HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

2014 - Sweden Roster Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-17-2013, 10:50 AM
  #651
Slimmy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: GBG
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,156
vCash: 500
Oduya has to be on this team. Feels like he isn't afraid to get his hands dirty and won't budge under pressure. Also, he comes across as an intelligent guy.

Slimmy is offline  
Old
10-17-2013, 03:19 PM
  #652
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo
 
TheFatOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimmy View Post
Oduya has to be on this team. Feels like he isn't afraid to get his hands dirty and won't budge under pressure. Also, he comes across as an intelligent guy.

yeah...he is good. but where did his physical play disapear?

TheFatOne is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 04:58 AM
  #653
jfc64
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas W View Post
Johnny is pretty good at the offensive blueline, which I guess Victor might be as well though, and Big E and Hjalle is both reliable in thier own end while also not bad at all offensively.
Where did it all go wrong with Hedman? When did he become so bad? Is all we can refere to a few sloppy appearances in non-important games? I guess Hedman is trying to become more complete as a player adding an offensive dimension to his game.

After all, Hedman:

- will be 23 years old with four + NHL seasons entering his prime
- has the right size for battling big canadians, 6'6 and 230 lbs (think Lindros)
- drafted as no 2 and living up to the draft potential
- can skate
- has hockey sense
- has his evil eyes on the gold medal

With Hedman we get a defensive defenseman or a defender with capability of being a good two-way player. Mårts can decide. Foote or Phaneuf (in his prime). Pick.

For me Hedman is the defensive lock in one of our two offensive defense pairings. Rather Hedman than old Kronwall, my hero. Or "Big" E, Jimmie's kid brother. Or old and small Oduya. Brodin adds nothing right now. But will soon. Rather Hampus than Brodin.

Or PP crease guy? We need his size!

jfc64 is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 05:32 AM
  #654
Darth Yoda
Registered User
 
Darth Yoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Grovebranch's Crease
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,843
vCash: 593
I guess the two coming moths will clear many things up for us. Hedman has to be in the drivers seat as of now, but we'll see if he's drunken there or not. For sure he has the advantage of reverting back to a pure defensive guy on the larger Olympic stage, where his offense would probably not be of much use anyway.

Darth Yoda is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 05:33 AM
  #655
helax
HFBoards Sponsor
 
helax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Country: Sweden
Posts: 177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc64 View Post
Where did it all go wrong with Hedman? When did he become so bad? Is all we can refere to a few sloppy appearances in non-important games? I guess Hedman is trying to become more complete as a player adding an offensive dimension to his game.

After all, Hedman:

- will be 23 years old with four + NHL seasons entering his prime
- has the right size for battling big canadians, 6'6 and 230 lbs (think Lindros)
- drafted as no 2 and living up to the draft potential
- can skate
- has hockey sense
- has his evil eyes on the gold medal

With Hedman we get a defensive defenseman or a defender with capability of being a good two-way player. Mårts can decide. Foote or Phaneuf (in his prime). Pick.

For me Hedman is the defensive lock in one of our two offensive defense pairings. Rather Hedman than old Kronwall, my hero. Or "Big" E, Jimmie's kid brother. Or old and small Oduya. Brodin adds nothing right now. But will soon. Rather Hampus than Brodin.

Or PP crease guy? We need his size!

Hedman is no fighter, we saw that last week. Other then that i don't get your argument of him over Brodin. Brodin is the better defenseman, even with size included. If we want a physical dman I'd go with Ericsson or Hjalmarsson over Hedman.
I do not see any special aspect or skill that Hedman would bring to the team other then being a solid 2way dmen, and we have no lack of thous.

helax is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 06:59 AM
  #656
jfc64
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by helax View Post
Hedman is no fighter, we saw that last week. Other then that i don't get your argument of him over Brodin. Brodin is the better defenseman, even with size included. If we want a physical dman I'd go with Ericsson or Hjalmarsson over Hedman.

I do not see any special aspect or skill that Hedman would bring to the team other then being a solid 2way dmen, and we have no lack of thous.
Brodin is a sidekick to Suter and is two thousand grams heavier than Tedenby (Leaf- In-The-Wind his name as an indian was) And I don't want Hedman to fight. Just look angry. Like Dick Axelsson.

Free Victor from the witch accusations!

jfc64 is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 07:01 AM
  #657
Huffman
Registered User
 
Huffman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc64 View Post
Brodin is a sidekick to Suter and is two thousand grams heavier than Tedenby (Leaf- In-The-Wind his name as an indian was) And I don't want Hedman to fight. Just look angry. Like Dick Axelsson.

Free Victor from the witch accusations!
Brodin is the best defenseman we have defensively.

Huffman is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 08:41 AM
  #658
m4tt145
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,186
vCash: 614
Zetterberg - Bäckström - Steen
Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson
Franzén - Berglund - Alfredsson
Backlund - Andersson - Silvferberg

Hjalmarsson - Karlsson
Kronwall - OEL
Enström - Brodin
Edler - Hedman

Lundqvist, Enroth, Fasth

I wish we had a little more right handed defensemen..

m4tt145 is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 08:46 AM
  #659
helax
HFBoards Sponsor
 
helax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Country: Sweden
Posts: 177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc64 View Post
Brodin is a sidekick to Suter and is two thousand grams heavier than Tedenby (Leaf- In-The-Wind his name as an indian was) And I don't want Hedman to fight. Just look angry. Like Dick Axelsson.

Free Victor from the witch accusations!

Im just saying that team sweden is not short of good two-way dmen. Hedman has to shape up if he wants a spot, cause others a knocking on the door. If we need a role player its not Hedman..

helax is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 08:59 AM
  #660
boris4c
Registered User
 
boris4c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4tt145 View Post
Zetterberg - Bäckström - Steen
Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson
Franzén - Berglund - Alfredsson
Backlund - Andersson - Silvferberg

Hjalmarsson - Karlsson
Kronwall - OEL
Enström - Brodin
Edler - Hedman

Lundqvist, Enroth, Fasth

I wish we had a little more right handed defensemen..
Looks good but... Jonas Gustavsson and Robin Lehner are having great seasons so far. I would put either of them in the squad in an instant before both Jhonas Enroth.

boris4c is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 10:46 AM
  #661
m4tt145
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,186
vCash: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by boris4c View Post
Looks good but... Jonas Gustavsson and Robin Lehner are having great seasons so far. I would put either of them in the squad in an instant before both Jhonas Enroth.
Maybe you're right, but keep in mind that Enroth was brilliant in the WC this year, and because of that, I think he earned himself a spot behind Lundqvist.

m4tt145 is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 11:37 AM
  #662
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country
 
Systemfel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,659
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatOne View Post
yeah...he is good. but where did his physical play disapear?
Oduya doesn't have the size to dominate physically in the NHL. He is better off using his smarts and mobility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc64 View Post
Brodin is a sidekick to Suter and is two thousand grams heavier than Tedenby
Brodin is 88 kg now.

Systemfel is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 04:22 PM
  #663
siegeofshanghai*
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4tt145 View Post
Maybe you're right, but keep in mind that Enroth was brilliant in the WC this year, and because of that, I think he earned himself a spot behind Lundqvist.
WC is different beast from olympics though. Remeber that Johan Holmqvist was the gold medal goalie in WC 2006.

As of now I have Lehner ahead of Enroth.

siegeofshanghai* is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 11:37 PM
  #664
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,680
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson
Franzén - Zetterberg - Alfredsson
Hagelin - Bäckström - Mojo
Steen - Berglund - Landeskog
Stahlberg/Hörnkvist - Backlund - Silvferberg


Hjalmarsson - Karlsson
Kronwall - OEL
Edler - Brodin
Enström/Oduya/Stralman - Hedman

Lundqvist, Enroth, Fasth/Lehner

Where the fckk is Adam Larsson?

BBKers is offline  
Old
10-19-2013, 12:36 AM
  #665
jfc64
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
Oduya doesn't have the size to dominate physically in the NHL. He is better off using his smarts and mobility.Brodin is 88 kg now.
NAD Watts (kilos) we hope. Still, Hedman can skate better than Ericsson and is bigger and has better hockey sense. And why go with Oduya? Smart and mobile? Sounds like Hedman. Half of Canada's forwards will be good players filling roles. Are we so retarded or ADHD that we can't do the same here? And if Hedman is joined by Enström, at least I would think defense first and hand over the puck to Toby Orr.

Ryan Suter (Brodin's sidekick) finished second in Norris trophy voting with 129 votes. Brodin? Not a single vote.

Brodin is a gamble and a bit of the same as Kronwall and OEL. My 8th defensemen, though.

Players will fly in Sotji. Especially the russians. We need Hedman!

OEL - Kronwall
Enström - Hedman
Oduya - Hjalmarsson
Brodin - Edler

Karlsson? Right winger on our third line!

Sedin - Sedin - Zetterberg
Steen - Berglund - Alfredsson
Eriksson - Bäckström - Karlsson
Landeskog - Krüger - Ericsson
Silfverberg - Franzén


Last edited by jfc64: 10-19-2013 at 04:09 PM.
jfc64 is offline  
Old
10-19-2013, 12:39 AM
  #666
jfc64
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson
Franzén - Zetterberg - Alfredsson
Hagelin - Bäckström - Mojo
Steen - Berglund - Landeskog
Stahlberg/Hörnkvist - Backlund - Silvferberg


Hjalmarsson - Karlsson
Kronwall - OEL
Edler - Brodin
Enström/Oduya/Stralman - Hedman

Lundqvist, Enroth, Fasth/Lehner

Where the fckk is Adam Larsson?
Somewhere in Jersey at minus five. Not far from Heke Lundqvist. Freezing his ass off. Pointless. But doing time on the ice, though.


Last edited by jfc64: 10-19-2013 at 12:46 AM.
jfc64 is offline  
Old
10-19-2013, 12:58 AM
  #667
jfc64
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by siegeofshanghai View Post
WC is different beast from olympics though. Remeber that Johan Holmqvist was the gold medal goalie in WC 2006.

As of now I have Lehner ahead of Enroth.
I think Enroth might be as good in the olympics as in WC because his asset is in reading the play. Like Henrik Lundqvist. Practice will tell, Lehner or Enroth.

jfc64 is offline  
Old
10-20-2013, 03:32 AM
  #668
vippe
Registered User
 
vippe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 10,873
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to vippe
Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson
Zetterberg - Bäckström - Alfredsson
Steen - Berglund- Landeskog
Hagelin - Backlund - Silfverberg
Hörnqvist

OEL - EK
Kronwall - Brodin
Hjalmarsson - Oduya
Enström/Edler

Lundqvist
Fasth
Lehner/Enroth

PP1
Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson
EK-Alfie

PP2
Zetterberg-Bäckis-Landeskog
Steen-OEL

PK1
Backlund-Landeskog
Hjalmarsson-Oduya

PK2
Hagelin-Steen
Kronwall-Brodin

Something like that is how I want it to be.. Obviously not set in stone and Franzen is not on my team right now either.. he's been quite bad so far this season. If Hagelin cant come back to proper shape I'd have Franzen there instead... that said.. there's lots of time to get back in Shape Franzen..Both PP-units have lots of potential so I dont think there's a #1 or #2 really..

jfc64: Brodin has been the best swedish D in the league so far and has outplayed Suter by a fair margin as well this season. He's no sidekick to Suter.. he's a legitimate partner to him.

vippe is offline  
Old
10-20-2013, 08:23 AM
  #669
Razzle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11
vCash: 500
Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson/Silfverberg

Zetterberg - Bäckström - Alfredsson

Landeskog - Steen - Eriksson/Silfverberg

Franzén - Krüger - Johansson

Berglund, Hörnqvist


OEL - Brodin

Hjalmarsson - Karlsson

Kronwall - Ericsson

Hedman/Enström/Edler/Oduya

Razzle is offline  
Old
10-20-2013, 02:11 PM
  #670
siegeofshanghai*
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 191
vCash: 500
my updated team:

Steen- Backstrom - Silfverberg
Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson
Franzén - Zetterberg - Landeskog
Stalberg - Zibanejad - Alfredsson

Nyqvist/backlund as 13th forward

Karlsson-Enstrom
OEL-Hjalmarsson
Kronwall-Brodin
Edler

lindholm or Oduya as 8th D.

Lundqvist
Lehner
Markstrom

Team is starting to look fantastic.


Marts is dumb if he picks players from SHL or KHL. But I am sure that there will be atleast one crappy pick :/

siegeofshanghai* is offline  
Old
10-20-2013, 05:44 PM
  #671
EK47
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 448
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by siegeofshanghai View Post
my updated team:

Steen- Backstrom - Silfverberg
Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson
Franzén - Zetterberg - Landeskog
Stalberg - Zibanejad - Alfredsson

Nyqvist/backlund as 13th forward

Karlsson-Enstrom
OEL-Hjalmarsson
Kronwall-Brodin
Edler

lindholm or Oduya as 8th D.

Lundqvist
Lehner
Markstrom

Team is starting to look fantastic.


Marts is dumb if he picks players from SHL or KHL. But I am sure that there will be atleast one crappy pick :/
It would not suprise me one bit if Staffan Kronwall makes the roster despite the fact that Sweden has tremendous depth on defense.

EK47 is offline  
Old
10-20-2013, 06:16 PM
  #672
Huffman
Registered User
 
Huffman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EK47 View Post
It would not suprise me one bit if Staffan Kronwall makes the roster despite the fact that Sweden has tremendous depth on defense.
If Mårts HAS to pick one guy from Europe, I hope it's him.

Huffman is offline  
Old
10-20-2013, 06:34 PM
  #673
EK47
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 448
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffman View Post
If Mårts HAS to pick one guy from Europe, I hope it's him.
http://en.khl.ru/players/17545/ really?

EK47 is offline  
Old
10-20-2013, 06:41 PM
  #674
Huffman
Registered User
 
Huffman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EK47 View Post
That's the guy. Another big D that is used to the big ice can never hurt. My team does not include any "European" players but I don't really care who's the last defenceman to make it, probably wouldn't play much anyway.

Huffman is offline  
Old
10-20-2013, 07:01 PM
  #675
EK47
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 448
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffman View Post
That's the guy. Another big D that is used to the big ice can never hurt. My team does not include any "European" players but I don't really care who's the last defenceman to make it, probably wouldn't play much anyway.
I suppose that's true although his stats in the KHL are not convincing. Right now i have
OEL - Karlsson
Brodin - N.Kronwall
Enström - Edler
Hjalmarsson/Hedman

Brodin should play big minutes In my opinion he is our second or third best defender.

EK47 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.