HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Iron Man 3

Old
10-25-2012, 11:54 PM
Philly85*
I Ain't Even Mad

vCash: 500
Meh. 2nd one was Terrible.

Philly85* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 10:04 PM
Jussi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
Don't most trailers get the majority of their views in the first week or so, anyway?
It's usually been +1 million for the most popular films that I remember seeing there.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 09:03 AM
Takeo

I can't imagine this new film could be worse than the second one. I guess they have that going for them.

Takeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 03:38 PM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
Didnt know there would be so much dislike for the second movie here... It wasnt as good as the first one but it was still good imo.

vippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 09:01 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/12/0...lks-iron-man-3

Quote:
Actor James Badge Dale, who plays cyborg Eric "Coldblood" Savin in Iron Man 3, recently chatted with the press about how his character fits into the web of villains in the Marvel movie.

02-03-2013, 10:15 PM
Jussi

Old
02-04-2013, 12:27 AM
HanSolo
#CheerForKesler

vCash: 68
Lol the intro was awesome.

HanSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 01:15 PM
Jussi

So Don Cheadle/Rhodes is the Iron Patriot.

Old
02-04-2013, 01:49 PM
disfigured

Send a message via ICQ to disfigured Send a message via AIM to disfigured Send a message via MSN to disfigured Send a message via Yahoo to disfigured
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post

So Don Cheadle/Rhodes is the Iron Patriot.
My god I hope he puts more effort into then he did in IR2. He was awful, and miscast if you ask me. I didn't believe for a single instance in the film he could have been in the military, not even as a cook. He was one of many weak links in 2, along with the completely awkward shoe horned scenes. Horrible movie in its entirety (other than Mickey Rourke).

I love the comic though, as a non-comic book fan. It's one of the only one that makes sense. A suit that gives you super powers, not some vague pseudo mythical parallel.

I hope 3 rebounds because it's the only series I actually don't turn off when they get horrible. IE. SpiderMan 3, every Batman movie but Dark Knight, every SuperMan flick, Fantastic 4, etc etc. Never saw the end of any of those.

disfigured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 01:52 PM
x Tame Impala

Cheadle wasn't terrible in IM3 but not as good as Howard.

Isn't iron patriot a villain? Why is War Machine Iron Partriot too?

x Tame Impala is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 02:02 PM
Big Poppa Puck
U JUST MADE THE LIST

Why did Cheadle replace Howard in the first place in IM2?

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 03:25 PM
XX
It's finally over

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
Why did Cheadle replace Howard in the first place in IM2?
Because Terence Howard is a primadonna, even by Hollywood standards. They refused to work with him again.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
i laughed so hard when i saw this. love it!

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:45 PM
HanSolo
#CheerForKesler

http://moviepilot.com/#stories/86350...fb-stream-post

lol if this story is true...well I'm just gonna assume, like every other character to wear an iron-man suit, she won't need any training to know how to use it. Stupid Tony Stark needed 10 minutes of the first movie to figure it out.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:53 PM
GarbageGoal
Clint Bobski GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
lol if this story is true...well I'm just gonna assume, like every other character to wear an iron-man suit, she won't need any training to know how to use it. Stupid Tony Stark needed 10 minutes of the first movie to figure it out.
Um, because he built it?

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:57 PM
Jussi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
http://moviepilot.com/#stories/86350...fb-stream-post

Considering how heavily she's involved with everything Stark does, it would not be a huge stretch for her to know the basic operations of the armor.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:28 PM
USC Trojans
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Quote:
Considering how heavily she's involved with everything Stark does, it would not be a huge stretch for her to know the basic operations of the armor.
Stark uses remote control to send the Iron Man armor to protect Pepper during the helicopter assault.

USC Trojans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:39 PM
Big Poppa Puck
U JUST MADE THE LIST

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Because Terence Howard is a primadonna, even by Hollywood standards. They refused to work with him again.
Really? Because I know teamsters who worked with/around him on Dead Man Down and they said he was a nice guy.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:45 PM
Jussi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Poppa Puck View Post
Really? Because I know teamsters who worked with/around him on Dead Man Down and they said he was a nice guy.
I believe he wanted too much money and was replaced because of that.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:58 PM
XX
It's finally over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Poppa Puck View Post
Ahem:

Quote:
"I like women who look like me. Generally, you're attracted to women who look like you, because the most beautiful thing in nature is your own reflection."
Quote:
"Toilet paper - and no baby wipes - in the bathroom. If they're using dry paper, they aren't washing all of themselves. It's just unclean. So if I go in a woman's house and see the toilet paper there, I'll explain this. And if she doesn't make the adjustment to baby wipes, I'll know she's not completely clean."
Quote:
"I was in love with her, but she was not in love with me. I can't be upset because she doesn't find me the most beautiful thing on the planet."
http://jezebel.com/287242/terrence-h...ed-like-******

Quote:
They meet with mixed results in the here and now. “I still need to have a conversation with that writer,” he says of the Elle reporter who published his choice thoughts on cleanliness. “What I told him was very nice. It’s a revelation, and what he did as a result hurt me. And if we lived in the 1800s, I would be able to go and confront him man to man. But we’re not in that world today. We live in a world where mendacity takes center stage … But life will get him back, and if it doesn’t, death will get him back.”
http://nymag.com/arts/theater/profil...08/index1.html

Quote:
“‘Iron Man‘ happened with that. Marvel happened with it. They made a choice. They made a very, very bad choice. They didn’t keep their word. They didn’t honor our contract. They sent everyone out into a field and told them to work and produce a great bounty. You produce a great bounty, and then when it’s all in the storehouse, you are not allowed into the storehouse.”

“They did the same thing with Gwyneth [Paltrow], from what I’ve been told. They did it with almost everyone, I think, except Downey throughout the thing. One of the things that actors need to learn to do is take a tip from Friends [whose cast members all held out for higher pay]. You always choose to stick together. One for all and all for one. Our Gang, you know? Let Spanky be our rule.”
http://screenrant.com/terrence-howar...oice-rob-6604/

Quote:
After Chris Brown's arrest for assaulting his girlfriend Rihanna, the actor Terrence Howard chose to salute the alleged batterer. "It's just life, man. Chris is a great guy. He'll be alright," said Howard. "And Rihanna knows he loves her, you know? They'll be alright."

Though Howard would later apologize for his remarks, the star's own rap sheet offers an explanation as to why he would jump to the side of an accused domestic abuser. Police and court records reveal that Howard, 39, was once arrested for a similar crime, the details of which have not been previously reported.
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...rds-fists-fury

A small sampling. Maybe he has changed, but there was a reason he was let go, and it wasn't about money.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:03 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Are you just basing that off of quotes from completely different areas, or do you have something to substantiate the notion his actions on the Iron Man Set that caused his dismissal?

I don't remember reading anything that implied his actions on set led to him not being asked to play his previous character in Iron Man 2.

ArGarBarGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:24 AM
XX
It's finally over

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
Are you just basing that off of quotes from completely different areas, or do you have something to substantiate the notion his actions on the Iron Man Set that caused his dismissal?

I don't remember reading anything that implied his actions on set led to him not being asked to play his previous character in Iron Man 2.
Quote:
Hollywood insiders believe the exit stems from Terrence Howard's difficult behavior on the set of Iron Man. But those with intimate knowledge of the situation suggest a far more dramatic backstory: Howard was the first actor signed to the film and, on top of that, was the highest-paid. That's right: more than Gwyneth Paltrow. More than Jeff Bridges. More than Robert Downey Jr. And once the project fully came together, it was too late to renegotiate his deal. It didn't help that, according to one source, Favreau and his producers were ultimately unhappy with Howard's performance, and spent a lot of time cutting and reshooting his scenes.
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20236884,00.html

Old
02-14-2013, 11:19 AM
HanSolo
#CheerForKesler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
Um, because he built it?
It's a joke. Relax.

But while we're on the subject, how did Rhodes know how to use the suit almost immediately?

Old
02-26-2013, 11:45 PM
awesomo
HARD!

vCash: 230
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/02/2...and-tony-stark

interesting article...tl;dr. Downey is costing too much for Marvel. Might think of eventually "James Bond"ing the series. As in using different actors.

But lets be real. I have a hard time calling him Robert Downey Jr. It's because his real name is Tony Starks and he's Iron Man.

That's right, that isn't Robert Downey Jr. playing Sherlock Holmes. It's Tony Starks.... Iron Man

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:22 AM
GarbageGoal
Clint Bobski GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/02/2...and-tony-stark

interesting article...tl;dr. Downey is costing too much for Marvel. Might think of eventually "James Bond"ing the series. As in using different actors.

But lets be real. I have a hard time calling him Robert Downey Jr. It's because his real name is Tony Starks and he's Iron Man.

That's right, that isn't Robert Downey Jr. playing Sherlock Holmes. It's Tony Starks.... Iron Man
Totally ridiculous. Pay him whatever he wants.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote