HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Holloway makes history

Old
04-17-2012, 11:55 PM
lafan

vCash: 500
Holloway makes history

Bud Holloway became the highest point producer today to ever play in the Swedish Elite League with 23pts in the playoffs.http://norran.se/2012/04/norrantv/ho...-ny-rekordman/

lafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 11:59 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafan View Post
Bud Holloway became the highest point producer today to ever play in the Swedish Elite League with 23pts in the playoffs.http://norran.se/2012/04/norrantv/ho...-ny-rekordman/
What a blunder that this guy was never called up anytime last season and then allowed to sign abroad.

I hope things can be mended and he can return next season and be an improvement on the 3rd line.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 12:09 AM
Cup 4 the Kings
It only took 45 yrs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
What a blunder that this guy was never called up anytime last season and then allowed to sign abroad.

I hope things can be mended and he can return next season and be an improvement on the 3rd line.
Seriously. I can't believe he never got called up the last couple seasons... he really deserved to be. I really hope Dean can get over his pride and repair the relationship and get him to come back over here, where he belongs.

Cup 4 the Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 01:09 AM
hawkeyexp

He chased the money. If he had stayed this season he would be playing right now and loki wouldnt.

hawkeyexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 01:41 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyexp View Post
He chased the money. If he had stayed this season he would be playing right now and loki wouldnt.
Yeah, he easily would have gotten a shot with one of the King/Nolan/Lokti call ups instead.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 01:45 AM
Fishhead

This could easily work out to be the best for all involved if the Kings play their cards right. Bud gets experience playing in important games, gets tons of playing time, and is the man.

Plenty of spots available with Stoll, Penner, and Richardson probably gone.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 02:41 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

He had a really good game. Here are some highlights.

http://svtplay.se/v/2775535/skelleft...a_raka_finalen

They were down 3-0 in the final series and are now 3-2

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 03:21 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 152
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Hopefully both Holloway and Moller are back for training camp next season.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 03:33 AM
svartgul
Hata Löven

Send a message via ICQ to svartgul Send a message via MSN to svartgul Send a message via Skype™ to svartgul
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyexp View Post
You don't know what you're talking about. Bud with his terrific season has gotten lots of KHL offers but he's said about five times that he's not going there and a KHL contract brings a bit more coin than what skellefteċ can offer. no ****ing way Holloway chose Skellefteċ for the money.

svartgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 03:33 AM
KOPITARRULEZ11

that individual move he pulled was filthy how does a guy like that not come up at least he's willing to take it to the net using his body "cough" penner "cough"

KOPITARRULEZ11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 04:10 AM
losingsand

holloway is just clutch in the playoffs.
sure he's not the biggest/fastest/skilled guy, but
he rises to the occasion and produces when it counts.

Developing Skilled Forwards has been subpar during Dean's tenure.

i think he's similar to an Eberle type, and having that type of player is
valuable... wish he was still in the "system".

losingsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 08:12 AM
johnjm22

I'm confident he will be in camp next season.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 09:30 AM
lafan

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingsand View Post
holloway is just clutch in the playoffs.
sure he's not the biggest/fastest/skilled guy, but
he rises to the occasion and produces when it counts.

Developing Skilled Forwards has been subpar during Dean's tenure.

i think he's similar to an Eberle type, and having that type of player is
valuable... wish he was still in the "system".
He is still in the system actually and isnt a free agent for another year hope Dean and him can come to terms.

Old
04-18-2012, 09:45 AM
Kings man 4 life

You could tell from his days in Ontario that Bud could be NHL material, hopefully him going to Europe was a power play to get Dean to notice him next season. Also what the hell couches showing emotion behind the bench?! What is that joy?

Kings man 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 09:55 AM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Stupid question: can we add him to our roster as the Preds did with Radulov?

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 09:57 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post

Allowed to sign aboard? Like LA can just block him?

I too think he should have got a recall in the past as well, but it's not LA's fault that Holloway bolted to Europe. You just have to blame DL for everything huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svartgul View Post
You don't know what you're talking about. Bud with his terrific season has gotten lots of KHL offers but he's said about five times that he's not going there and a KHL contract brings a bit more coin than what skellefteċ can offer. no ****ing way Holloway chose Skellefteċ for the money.
Where those KHL offers before this season? Because I don't remember hearing about them but I could be wrong.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 09:58 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi View Post
Stupid question: can we add him to our roster as the Preds did with Radulov?
No. Radulov had an existing contract, which is the loophole the NHL used to allow Radulov to rejoin Nashville without clearing waivers. Holloway has no such contract with LA.

Old
04-18-2012, 10:04 AM
SuperAlmeida

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
No. Radulov had an existing contract, which is the loophole the NHL used to allow Radulov to rejoin Nashville without clearing waivers. Holloway has no such contract with LA.
So he'll go through waivers? In other words he's gone?

SuperAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:21 AM
null33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
So he'll go through waivers? In other words he's gone?

He CAN return to the Kings in the offseason without going through waivers.

He CANNOT return to the Kings during the season unless he clears waivers first.

null33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:42 AM
lafan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Allowed to sign aboard? Like LA can just block him?

I too think he should have got a recall in the past as well, but it's not LA's fault that Holloway bolted to Europe. You just have to blame DL for everything huh?

Where those KHL offers before this season? Because I don't remember hearing about them but I could be wrong.
I know your going to say i dont know what im talking about but yes Bud had several offers from the KHL before going to Sweden last year .

Old
04-18-2012, 10:57 AM
Holden Caulfield
Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
I know your going to say i dont know what im talking about but yes Bud had several offers from the KHL before going to Sweden last year .
I have no doubt that playing on the same team as Moller who he played with quite a bit in Manchester had a big part in his decision.

Honestly, looking back this might have been the every best thing for Holloway and Kings. Had he played in LA this year he would have been thrown around on the bottom lines, might not have found a role. In Sweden he was a top player, playing PP, PK being the goto guy. I know he was doing that in Manchester, but SEL is def ahead of AHL and it seems like Holloway might be able to step in as maybe a top 6 player for the Kings next year now. At very least with him coming back he will be the start of a true awesome 3rd line, IMO, hopefully LA welcomes him back. I have been a big fan of Holloway dating back to his Seattle days.

Brown - Kopitar - Williams
King - Richards - Carter
Holloway - Loktionov - Moller
Clifford - Lewis - Nolan
Richardson - Cliche
If Gagne returns or Kings get another solid top 6er in the off-season send down Cliche and Holloway/Moller/Loktionov/Nolan/King rotate in and out.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:39 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Wasn't going to say that at all, in fact he very well may have had a dozen offers from the KHL, it's just this is the first time I heard of it so I was wondering where the poster I quoted heard that from.

Old
04-18-2012, 12:22 PM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings man 4 life View Post
You could tell from his days in Ontario that Bud could be NHL material, hopefully him going to Europe was a power play to get Dean to notice him next season. Also what the hell couches showing emotion behind the bench?! What is that joy?
That is the assistent coach and he is well known and loved for his emotions on the bench. The Coach himself is a TM type showing emotions as a dead worm on the tarmac none because it is dead.

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 01:36 PM
svartgul
Hata Löven

Send a message via ICQ to svartgul Send a message via MSN to svartgul Send a message via Skype™ to svartgul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings man 4 life View Post
He's an assisstant coach in Skellefteċ AIK, Bert Robertsson. Check out the last couple of pages of the Silfverberg ripping up the SEL Playoffs thread on the Sens board. He was honored with a tifo from the Skellefteċ fans last game, I wonder how often that happens. The guy has become the face of the turnaround in the finals for Skellefteċ with him showing more fighting spirit than anybody on the team.

Aftonbladet, Sweden's largest newspaper has an online poll on their website with the question: -Who is the biggest profile in the championship finals? Jakob Silfverberg (regular season and playoff MVP), Bud Holloway (broke SEL playoff points record) or Bert Robertsson. Robertsson is leading the poll

svartgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 02:00 PM
Kings man 4 life

Quote:
Originally Posted by svartgul View Post
He's an assisstant coach in Skellefteċ AIK, Bert Robertsson. Check out the last couple of pages of the Silfverberg ripping up the SEL Playoffs thread on the Sens board. He was honored with a tifo from the Skellefteċ fans last game, I wonder how often that happens. The guy has become the face of the turnaround in the finals for Skellefteċ with him showing more fighting spirit than anybody on the team.

Aftonbladet, Sweden's largest newspaper has an online poll on their website with the question: -Who is the biggest profile in the championship finals? Jakob Silfverberg (regular season and playoff MVP), Bud Holloway (broke SEL playoff points record) or Bert Robertsson. Robertsson is leading the poll
thats awesome!

Kings man 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote