Soumi and Cortese are monsters....

BLBarmada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:06 AM
gillyguzzler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
Are you kidding me? The Armada will have one of the best team on paper in the CHL next year, and that's without any ''big move'' by Bouchard this summer. Sakaris is supposed to be coming over as a compensation, he would be our 3rd 20 years old player.

EURO - Tanguy - Matteau
Clapperton - Paquette - Roy
Hodhod - Sakaris - Laflamme
Aquin - Plouffe - Hawes

Ouellet - Picard
Micallef - EURO
Berube - Hoyles

Marcoux - Phaneuf

The only ?'s are whether or not Bouchard can attract some interesting european players. That 1st line should be dirty, the 2nd line is all speed and skill and was our best line against Rimouski and that 3rd line is fricking awesome. The only weakness I see up front is a lack of a physical edge and that's something I feel Bouchard will address, possibly upgrading the 4th line.

On defense, Ouellet is the best D in the league, and if a good euro comes over, that's probably the best 2nd-pair in the league as well. Berube and Hoyles are excellent young players with a year of experience under their belt.

Marcoux will probably be the best G in the league.

That's a cup contender and, like I said, that's without any significant move by Bouchard.
How has Plouffe looked this year? I only saw him play once early on and thought he competed but needed to bulk up, way up.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:39 AM
mmfhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by blbarmada View Post
soumi and cortese are monsters....

take it easy .....monsters .....they're not very big monsters....:d

mmfhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:03 PM
Taoiseach
Go Hull Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBarmada View Post
No to the Jerseys part

I agree with you, if Gatineau can't find a Goalie there screwed...
As if these aren't the nicest jerseys in the league -

Sigh... I'm really looking forward to the draft. I hope things went well in Europe for Groulx...

Taoiseach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 05:21 PM
BLBarmada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taoiseach View Post
As if these aren't the nicest jerseys in the league -

Sigh... I'm really looking forward to the draft. I hope things went well in Europe for Groulx...
They are... After SJ's I'm glad they went with green.

Old
04-23-2012, 05:56 PM
Taoiseach
Go Hull Go!

Quote:
They are... After SJ's I'm glad they went with green.
Green is a grossly underused colour in hockey. I don't care for most white jerseys, but Val-d'Or's white are beautiful too. Québec has the best 'white' jersey in the league though. Boisbriand is probably the only team where I prefer the white jersey to the dark (I think the black chest stripe on white looks better than the white on black).

As much as I like our new Black/Silver/White colour scheme, I was really sad to see Orange and Purple disappear from the Q.

Given that it's our 40th anniversary season next season, I'd bet that we're getting alternate jerseys for next season. I think it will either be Blue with Gold trim (Festivals?), Orange with Purple trim, or Grey. I'd be happy with either, but I'm pulling for Orange/Purple/Black.

One way or the other, I'm making a Blue/Gold Hull Festivals sweater, and I plan to have it ready for the home opener. I'm going to put 73 on it! I'll post pictures when it's done.

Old
04-23-2012, 06:43 PM
BLBarmada

Quote:
Green is a grossly underused colour in hockey. I don't care for most white jerseys, but Val-d'Or's white are beautiful too. Québec has the best 'white' jersey in the league though. Boisbriand is probably the only team where I prefer the white jersey to the dark (I think the black chest stripe on white looks better than the white on black).

As much as I like our new Black/Silver/White colour scheme, I was really sad to see Orange and Purple disappear from the Q.

Given that it's our 40th anniversary season next season, I'd bet that we're getting alternate jerseys for next season. I think it will either be Blue with Gold trim (Festivals?), Orange with Purple trim, or Grey. I'd be happy with either, but I'm pulling for Orange/Purple/Black.

One way or the other, I'm making a Blue/Gold Hull Festivals sweater, and I plan to have it ready for the home opener. I'm going to put 73 on it! I'll post pictures when it's done.

My friend actually emailed Renaud Lemay, their head scout... And told him in an email that he prefered the Orange and Purple....

Renaud agreed...

Personally I think the orange ones were sick.. Better then SJ's home's.

Old
04-23-2012, 09:11 PM
Taoiseach
Go Hull Go!

Quote:
My friend actually emailed Renaud Lemay, their head scout... And told him in an email that he prefered the Orange and Purple....

Renaud agreed...

Personally I think the orange ones were sick.. Better then SJ's home's.
Yeah. I think they would have been better off keeping the colour scheme, but redesigning the jerseys.

I think they should have brought back the original orange alternate, and make a white equivalent. New jerseys, sure, but taking the... erm... 'Edge' off of them.

One thing that I'm thinking would be an interesting alternate, would be to blend two earlier colour schemes - Gold from the original one, and Purple from the last. Then you could keep the whole LA Kings motif going. I'd still prefer either a blue Festivals jersey, or a blue Jean Poulin era jersey for the alternate.

As for the Sea Dogs jerseys, I love the blue that they use, however it's a little too 'RBK Edge' for my taste. In fairness to the Edge, however, Shawinigan somehow makes it work. I like the notion of having a yellow primary jersey and relegating the white to alternate status.

Old
04-23-2012, 09:50 PM
BLBarmada

Quote:
Yeah. I think they would have been better off keeping the colour scheme, but redesigning the jerseys.

I think they should have brought back the original orange alternate, and make a white equivalent. New jerseys, sure, but taking the... erm... 'Edge' off of them.

One thing that I'm thinking would be an interesting alternate, would be to blend two earlier colour schemes - Gold from the original one, and Purple from the last. Then you could keep the whole LA Kings motif going. I'd still prefer either a blue Festivals jersey, or a blue Jean Poulin era jersey for the alternate.

As for the Sea Dogs jerseys, I love the blue that they use, however it's a little too 'RBK Edge' for my taste. In fairness to the Edge, however, Shawinigan somehow makes it work. I like the notion of having a yellow primary jersey and relegating the white to alternate status.
Shawi has nice jerseys, I love those Piques jerseys... But I still prefer the all purple and all orange ones.

Old
04-23-2012, 10:11 PM
Ryan English
@ryanenglish_FC

Quote:
Are you kidding me? The Armada will have one of the best team on paper in the CHL next year, and that's without any ''big move'' by Bouchard this summer. Sakaris is supposed to be coming over as a compensation, he would be our 3rd 20 years old player.

EURO - Tanguy - Matteau
Aquin - Plouffe - Hawes

Ouellet - Picard
Micallef - EURO
Berube - Hoyles

Marcoux - Phaneuf

The only ?'s are whether or not Bouchard can attract some interesting european players. That 1st line should be dirty, the 2nd line is all speed and skill and was our best line against Rimouski and that 3rd line is fricking awesome. The only weakness I see up front is a lack of a physical edge and that's something I feel Bouchard will address, possibly upgrading the 4th line.

On defense, Ouellet is the best D in the league, and if a good euro comes over, that's probably the best 2nd-pair in the league as well. Berube and Hoyles are excellent young players with a year of experience under their belt.

That's a cup contender and, like I said, that's without any significant move by Bouchard.
I'm sure you've come to know more about your players then me, but that looks like Shawinigans roster heading into this year.. Solid depth, no huge names

But i'm certain that that roster even with a big acquisition won't be near top 5 talent/standings wise in the chl.. And i believe the mooseheads and remparts will both be better.

Ryan English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:12 PM
Taoiseach
Go Hull Go!

Quote:
Shawi has nice jerseys, I love those Piques jerseys... But I still prefer the all purple and all orange ones.
There was black on the orange one too...

What was really cool about that one, was that the only white on it were the crests, names, and numbers. The jersey itself was only Orange, Purple, & Black.

Old
04-24-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
How has Plouffe looked this year? I only saw him play once early on and thought he competed but needed to bulk up, way up.
Plouffe has been bothered by injuries all season long. He has some good skills, but hasn't been able to really showcase what he can do. He will be 19 years old next year. I would think Bouchard doesn't protect him, so Sherbrooke might grab him. He is a solid playmaker with good wheels and hockey sense.

As you said, he needs to bulk up. I hope Sherbrooke doesn't draft him and he can show up at the Armada's training camp in good shape. He's a great kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Keith View Post
I'm sure you've come to know more about your players then me, but that looks like Shawinigans roster heading into this year.. Solid depth, no huge names

But i'm certain that that roster even with a big acquisition won't be near top 5 talent/standings wise in the chl.. And i believe the mooseheads and remparts will both be better.
Marcoux and Ouellet are not huge names?

I would have to say the Armada, coming into this season, didn't have any huge names, and we still did well. Next season, the players will all be familiar with each others, and the majority of the core will be back. We should be gunning for 1st position.

I would say Tanguy is a pretty solid name as well. He should be able to get more than 80 points next year. Although he had a pretty underwhelming 2nd round, he produced all year, and was dominant in the 1st round. As a 20 years old player, he should get a ton of points.

Clapperton and Paquette have established themselves as well, and will be point-per-game players. Hodhod and Roy are small but extremely fast and skilled, those two would be great picks in your fantasy pool. As if that's not enough, Stefan Matteau is coming over, and should be able to produce a fair amount of points.

If there's one player that's underrated on the team, it's Marc-Olivier Roy. He has great dangling skills, is very fast, responsible in all three zones, always involved in the play, knows how to create scoring chances, etc. A player that I feel could explode next season.

Then you potentially add two more euro players, maybe Sakaris, Laflamme, Aquin... the depth up front is sick.

I feel this team (if healthy) is gonna be amazing to watch.

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:24 AM
QcS

I hated the Piques' orange and purple jerseys.

I was happy they returned to the black and white that they used to have when they were called ''Hull'', but the problem now is that at the same time, the Armada came into the league with a black and white jersey also. Seems like it's common now.

As for a 3rd jersey to commemorate the 40th, i'd rather just see a variation of the HULL jersey that we used to have.

On a different topic, i think the Piques have lots of youngsters who are promising, but one that has always looked to me like a future big sniper is Poirier. That guy looks like he could score tons of goals at some point. Next season might be the breakout.

QcS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:41 AM
Taoiseach
Go Hull Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QcS View Post
As for a 3rd jersey to commemorate the 40th, i'd rather just see a variation of the HULL jersey that we used to have.
If we're going to do that, I'd much prefer something with the h logo, rather than HULL diagonally. I could see a predominantly grey jersey with the h logo coming out. HULL diagonally always looks like it was trying too hard to be a Rangers style script logo. Hull is too short of a word, and I'm not really sold on it. If they wanted a diagonal script logo, I think OLYMPIQUES would be the best option, as I'd prefer not to encourage the people who try to chant 'Let's go Gatineau.'

As for Poirier, it was night and day for him between early in the season, and later on. He went from annoying the hell out of me (a fine example - he would have scored a goal in the game we went to in Val-d'Or if he would have shown even the least bit of hustle), to being one of my favourites. I chalk it up to youth, but he seemed really out of his element early on, and frankly kind of lazy. I do see him being very good next year. Not that he's particularly young, but Weckworth is another that really improved this season. He'll be one of the 'veterans' (shudder) next season, but he really came into his own as an... adequate... defensive defenceman this season.

Old
04-24-2012, 02:07 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Plouffe has been bothered by injuries all season long. He has some good skills, but hasn't been able to really showcase what he can do. He will be 19 years old next year. I would think Bouchard doesn't protect him, so Sherbrooke might grab him. He is a solid playmaker with good wheels and hockey sense.

As you said, he needs to bulk up. I hope Sherbrooke doesn't draft him and he can show up at the Armada's training camp in good shape. He's a great kid.

Marcoux and Ouellet are not huge names?
Ouellet is, not so much Marcoux yet.

It looks to be a 3 team race, and it's nice to see them all in different division instead of this years log jam in the East... But I don't see that roster beating a Quebec or Halifax.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 02:13 PM
RJQuack

Personally, I like the Piques when they were Orange and Purple... The ones they have now are ugly lol. My favorites are the Foreurs Green tho, can't beat that. I also like the Eagles ones.Shawinigan's and Halifax BEFORE 2009 tho.
These

[IMG]http://content.****************/logos/10/396/full/qugm6kz72pkexcigs5x9g4zfg.gif[/IMG]

Still like these ones tho

Old
04-24-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Ouellet is, not so much Marcoux yet.

It looks to be a 3 team race, and it's nice to see them all in different division instead of this years log jam in the East... But I don't see that roster beating a Quebec or Halifax.
I don't see what Quebec has that Boisbriand doesn't. I mean of course Roy could realistically attract 4-5 Americans and turn the team into a Memorial Cup contender, but as of right now they don't have a whole lot of depth and they have lots of question marks.

Martin Lefebvre is a ? to come back as a 20 years old... he could without a doubt make an AHL team like Charles Landry did.

Mikhail Grigorenko is a ? to come back we all know that...

Even Patrick Roy is a ? to come back...

Duclair-Erne-Sorensen-Comtois-Shaw-Desjardins-Etchegary-Rioux-Walsh

Culkin-Gingras-Fortier-Archambault

Brassard

That's the Remparts without their question marks... it is not a championship team. Let's see what happens there this off-season before putting them in front of Boisbriand...

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 03:49 PM
CH4

Chicoutimi has the best jerseys of the league...

you're all wrong

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 04:00 PM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

I think Tampa should adopt Saint John's jersey colours/motif

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 04:20 PM
Taoiseach
Go Hull Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4 View Post
Chicoutimi has the best jerseys of the league...

you're all wrong
They're second to Val-d'Or. Québec is third.

I like our jerseys, but they're certainly not amongst the best in the league. It's sad too, because we did have great jerseys.

Old
04-25-2012, 11:32 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
I don't see what Quebec has that Boisbriand doesn't. I mean of course Roy could realistically attract 4-5 Americans and turn the team into a Memorial Cup contender, but as of right now they don't have a whole lot of depth and they have lots of question marks.

Martin Lefebvre is a ? to come back as a 20 years old... he could without a doubt make an AHL team like Charles Landry did.

Mikhail Grigorenko is a ? to come back we all know that...

Even Patrick Roy is a ? to come back...

Duclair-Erne-Sorensen-Comtois-Shaw-Desjardins-Etchegary-Rioux-Walsh

Culkin-Gingras-Fortier-Archambault

Brassard

That's the Remparts without their question marks... it is not a championship team. Let's see what happens there this off-season before putting them in front of Boisbriand...
Idk, you may be right as they could lose alot... But a lot of people would have it the other way... Waiting before the put Blainville in front of Quebec...

But the Moose are always #1

Old
04-27-2012, 06:52 AM
Bjindaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Idk, you may be right as they could lose alot... But a lot of people would have it the other way... Waiting before the put Blainville in front of Quebec...

But the Moose are always #1
Saint John's new 3rds are gonna be sweet!

Bjindaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 06:54 PM
Yankees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Keith View Post

No big names?

Xavier Ouellet : Best Q defencemen next year. No other D come close to him.
Stephan Matteau : One of the best 18 yo forward next year.
Etienne Marcoux : Among the best 3 goalies.

If they can add a good euro to their lineup, the Armada will be a very solid contender.

By the way, The Armada did better than the Moose against Rimouski.

Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 05:21 PM
chsb

Quote:

EURO - Tanguy - Matteau
Aquin - Plouffe - Hawes

Ouellet - Picard
Micallef - EURO
Berube - Hoyles

Marcoux - Phaneuf

Amazing!

You have 18 players on your list and you can only have 16 protected....plus you already know that you will have a top line Euro and a 2nd pair D Euro.

Amazing!

By the way, could you tell me how you achieve such a feat?

For the Titan, I will only name 16 players if you allow:

Goals: Steeves
Brennan

Defense:
Murray
Girard
Fraser
Houle
Robert
Gosselin

Forwards:
O'Brien
Bissonnette
Lalancette
Banville
Salvail
Cochrane
Stevens
Lyle

Marois/Kabambi/Godin

I don't know where the Titan will end with this nor do I think that they will contend without some tweaking, but they will give a fit to many teams.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 02:26 PM
CH4

depends if Bissonnette and/or O'brien gets an AHL tryout...

wouldn't surprise me at all for Bissonnette.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote