HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van - Tor (It's crazy)

Old
04-16-2012, 05:06 AM
OneSharpMarble

vCash: 500
Van - Tor (It's crazy)

To Tor.
Luongo

To Van.
Tor 2012 1st
Komisarek
Gustavsson

I am just curious what kind of value Vancouver would have on Luongo right now and if Toronto would take on that contract while dumping bad salary like Komi.

How I see it working. Toronto gets legit #1 that will bring them to the post season while dumping bad contracts. Vancouver gets a top 5 pick and can take Dumba who has a deadly shot and hits like a truck on the backend. They also get Gustavsson who can be a decent backup to Schneider.

I don't see Vancouver getting top value for Luongo due to the length of his contract and his playoff performances.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:26 AM
School of WristShot

Monster is UFA so take him out although it does not change a thing. Change Komi to another cap dump in Lombardi and I'd do it. Lombardi can be buried in minors but Komi has NMC and extra year.

School of WristShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:33 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelKesler17 View Post
Monster is UFA so take him out although it does not change a thing. Change Komi to another cap dump in Lombardi and I'd do it. Lombardi can be buried in minors but Komi has NMC and extra year.
What if it was Tor 2012 1st, Lombardi and Armstrong?

I think they are both cap dumps but I am not 100% sure on who leaf fans would like to dump.

Old
04-16-2012, 05:43 AM
School of WristShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
What if it was Tor 2012 1st, Lombardi and Armstrong?
Come on.. what are we a dumping yard? That's 6.5 millions of dump. Pick one, no way Canucks absorb both.

School of WristShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:51 AM
Hank4Hart

If thats the return the Canucks are getting then they'd just ship Schneider instead.

Hank4Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 06:07 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelKesler17 View Post
Come on.. what are we a dumping yard? That's 6.5 millions of dump. Pick one, no way Canucks absorb both.
Yes but only one year each. You are getting a top 5 pick for a goalie with a huge contract and many question marks.

What do you think would be the return for Luongo if Vancouver was to seriously shop him? I think you could get a very good established Dman. You wouldn't get someone like Dumba but maybe a very good 2nd pairing guy.

Old
04-16-2012, 06:43 AM
nmbr_24

I'm not a fan of either team, but I don't do this if I was TO.

They are just too far away from contention to make another move where they get rid of high draft picks. I think they need D and forwards who can play D more than they need goaltending. I can't see Luongo doing well enough to put them in the playoffs if they don't fix their team D anyway.

I could see the logic in adding Luongo if their team was more solid, but they have a lot of work to do.

A move like this shouldn't even be considered at this time, they just have too many holes and giving up such a high pick isn't smart. When they traded those picks for Kessel, Burke thought he had a much better team and I don't care what he says, if he knew what those picks were going to be, he would not have made that trade. He knows where this pick is, he knows it is very high, he should also know Luongo alone is not the answer for his team.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 06:43 AM
Ebs

I don't know but Vancouver has got to get rid of Luongo somehow. He's going to be a great goalie somewhere else and IMO whichever team he goes to will have a better shot at the cup than Van will, but Van's not winning a cup with Luongo. They just don't gel together... Too many Van fans dislike him.

Ebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 08:04 AM
TheVision

I don't post here much, but had to say something. You're suggesting the Leafs trade the #5 pick for Luongo? Sorry man, step away from the BC Bud...NO WAY the Leafs go even close to that contract on a goalie who isn't very reliable with what 10 more years on his contract. The Canucks will be desperate to get rid of Luongo. Maybe they get a 2nd rounder for him. You may think that's not alot, but that contract SUCKS, and not even taking Komisarek back makes it better. Thanks for the morning laugh though.

TheVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 08:08 AM
Rush519

I dont think Burke trades his 5th overall for Luongo

Rush519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:41 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

I still find it funny that people think we should be taking a salary dump back to move Luongo. It won't happen. Luongo's contract isn't bad at all. He's under contract until the age of 42 and he has a NTC. Sounds bad right? Disect it a bit more though..

- He has a NTC, not a NMC. This means he can be waived and sent to the minors at ANY time. Since there is a significant drop in salary in the last 4 years of Luongo's contract, you could send him to the minors at the age of 38 without any real penalty.

- There are out clauses in the contract where Luongo's NTC is nullified. If you don't want to waive him, there are opportunities to trade him.

- For a goalie who is always top 10 in stats year to year, his cap hit of 5.33mil is very affordable. If you compare that to guys like Rinne, Lundqvist, and Miller he is pretty cap friendly.

Because of this, Luongo is only under contract for 6 years at his current salary. After that, you could waive him if he isn't performing and eat a very small salary in the minors. Half way through those 6 years you have an out clause where you can trade him wherever you want without penalty.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:28 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
To Tor.
Luongo

To Van.
Tor 2012 1st
Komisarek
Gustavsson

I am just curious what kind of value Vancouver would have on Luongo right now and if Toronto would take on that contract while dumping bad salary like Komi.

How I see it working. Toronto gets legit #1 that will bring them to the post season while dumping bad contracts. Vancouver gets a top 5 pick and can take Dumba who has a deadly shot and hits like a truck on the backend. They also get Gustavsson who can be a decent backup to Schneider.

I don't see Vancouver getting top value for Luongo due to the length of his contract and his playoff performances.
that first is worth way more than a goalie that folds under pressure and has a lifetime contract.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:30 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
I still find it funny that people think we should be taking a salary dump back to move Luongo. It won't happen. Luongo's contract isn't bad at all. He's under contract until the age of 42 and he has a NTC. Sounds bad right? Disect it a bit more though..

- He has a NTC, not a NMC. This means he can be waived and sent to the minors at ANY time. Since there is a significant drop in salary in the last 4 years of Luongo's contract, you could send him to the minors at the age of 38 without any real penalty.

- There are out clauses in the contract where Luongo's NTC is nullified. If you don't want to waive him, there are opportunities to trade him.

- For a goalie who is always top 10 in stats year to year, his cap hit of 5.33mil is very affordable. If you compare that to guys like Rinne, Lundqvist, and Miller he is pretty cap friendly.

Because of this, Luongo is only under contract for 6 years at his current salary. After that, you could waive him if he isn't performing and eat a very small salary in the minors. Half way through those 6 years you have an out clause where you can trade him wherever you want without penalty.
I still think it's funny you think a goalie that can't win in the playoffs and is under contract until he is 42 is worth more than some marginal piieces. Heck he isn't even starting!

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:30 AM
TOGuy14

Toronto won't move their 1st + dump for Luongo

First off, Toronto has too many needs to move their 1st in a deal to acquire a goalie.

Next up dumping salary has zero value to Toronto. We can bury any person we want in the minors and not sweat for a second so moving Lombardi isn't something we will pay to do.

With the amount of FA goalies that will be out there this year (Harding, Biron, Ellis, Vokoun etc) Toronto will be able to grab one of them for sure, at least one a short term deal to hold for a year or two.

What will be better for us Galyenchuk + Harding, or Luongo? I feel like the first combination will generate more wins for us...

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:46 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
TO says no. Luongo's contract is too long for Burke and whether canuck fans like it or night--for the money he is getting he should not be in a goal-tending battle and riding the bench in the playoffs.

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:48 AM
SIDGENO8771

No ****** chance we trade that pick for Luongo. Kesler or Edler would also have to come to Toronto if the pick is going to Vancouver. Luongo, Connolly, Komi all have negative value.

SIDGENO8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:48 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Toronto doesn't have the team defense to support bobby louuuuu. Trading a 5th overall pick would be dumb/typical leaf behavior

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:57 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

All i know is if he comes to Toronto there is no way any of us should be doing that terrible chant after a save.

Roberto Luongo

for

Tyler Bozak
Luke Schenn

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:16 PM
trublu16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Toronto won't move their 1st + dump for Luongo

First off, Toronto has too many needs to move their 1st in a deal to acquire a goalie.

Next up dumping salary has zero value to Toronto. We can bury any person we want in the minors and not sweat for a second so moving Lombardi isn't something we will pay to do.

With the amount of FA goalies that will be out there this year (Harding, Biron, Ellis, Vokoun etc) Toronto will be able to grab one of them for sure, at least one a short term deal to hold for a year or two.

What will be better for us Galyenchuk + Harding, or Luongo? I feel like the first combination will generate more wins for us...
Two very good points. A top 5 pick + a Harding/Biron/Vokoun/FA would be more valuable to a rebuilding Toronto team versus going after Luongo. Not sure why Toronto would even consider this at all. And if you look at the Blues, you can see probably the best way to build a contender in today's NHL. You must build thru the draft and sign some FA at the right time. Ohh and by FA's, I don't mean you must get the top FA on the market at the time. They just need to be the right FA for your team.

Personally I would think that if you would get Harding & Ellis, and run a tandem between the two. And just run with the hot goalie. And give these 2 both a 2-yr deal with the 2nd year being team option, at least. And then Burke can build during the draft, but the real question is would Burke be patient enuff to build thru the draft?

trublu16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:56 PM
Milosch

vCash: 973
What about a possibility of:

Luongo + Ballard + Raymond (9.5M + RFA)

for

Schenn + Komisarek + 2012 1st (8.1M)

Milosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:52 PM
htpwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush519 View Post
I dont think Burke trades his 5th overall for Luongo
I don't think anybody would be stupid enough to trade a top 5 pick for Luongo.

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:02 PM
Rinzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milosch View Post
What about a possibility of:

Luongo + Ballard + Raymond (9.5M + RFA)

for

Schenn + Komisarek + 2012 1st (8.1M)
There is absolutely no way that I can see Burke moving our 1st round pick plus Schenn for a goalie with a contract like that and some parts that we don't really need. Shedding Komi's contract is the only thing good about this and not worth setting the club back years in the process to do it.

Rinzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:26 PM
Leafs03

no no no no from Leafs! why would we give away #5 overall pick for a old goalie, who has a crazy contract and also chokes under pressure? BURKE HAS SAID! HE WONT TRADE OUR PICK FOR A GOALIE!!!!! STOP MAKING THESE PROPOSALS.... this is getting so freaking anoyying...

Leafs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:29 PM
Teamwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs03 View Post
no no no no from Leafs! why would we give away #5 overall pick for a old goalie, who has a crazy contract and also chokes under pressure? BURKE HAS SAID! HE WONT TRADE OUR PICK FOR A GOALIE!!!!! STOP MAKING THESE PROPOSALS.... this is getting so freaking anoyying...

Teamwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Leafs03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamwork View Post
no bro! to many stupid same proposals!!!!!!!! its getting anoyying.. Sad part is, leafs fans make them.. my god....

Leafs03 is offline   Reply With Quote