HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Crosby: "Fans should be proud of us"

Old
04-18-2012, 07:26 AM
Chris Roberts
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
I find it amusing that Crosby got a lot of hate for being bland and boring in his interviews early in his career, while Ovechkin et. al would be entertaining and speak their minds and thus get praised. Crosby starts speaking his mind and he's labeled a whiner?

Okay.

Old
04-18-2012, 07:26 AM
chimrichalds18
the key

If Crosby said that as a Flyer, I would not be proud of him or anything like that. All I want is for my team to win. That ******** last game did not help their cause, therefore, it was stupid.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 07:29 AM
Xegiie

only true thing he said, you need fans most at 0-3..
but other than that, wow, what a trash

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 07:31 AM
bp spec

vCash: 50
What's is going on upstairs 87?

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 07:55 AM
mirimon

I'm sure they're saying different things within the group. I can't imagine they were pleased with the way they lost control in game 3.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 08:26 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
even Mario is embarrassed:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=393426
Sid is in the damage control mode right now. Sid, it's to late the whole world saw what you did on national TV.. Now let's win tonight and move on.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 08:41 AM
HyPnOtiK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitHeel View Post
That, and Adams comments....proof that they simply don't get it.
Wat did Adams say?

HyPnOtiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 08:43 AM
HyPnOtiK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Roberts View Post
I find it amusing that Crosby got a lot of hate for being bland and boring in his interviews early in his career, while Ovechkin et. al would be entertaining and speak their minds and thus get praised. Crosby starts speaking his mind and he's labeled a whiner?

Okay.
Ovechkin is funny, Crosby belongs in a psych ward if this is " how he feels"

HyPnOtiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 09:42 AM
bennysflyers16

Quote:

Okay.
If we played a game where 3 FLyers got suspended for punk ass dirty plays, there is no god damn way I would want our team leaders saying that we loved the way we played and that are fans should be proud of us intentionally trying to injure other team.

Come on ????

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 09:52 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

^ This

Based on this below ....although it "assumes" Neal, the Pens and their apologists have basic common sense. This is why the Flyers need to knock them out tonight to stick it to them and show them how stupid they really are with their words and actions...

I hope the Pens fans are proud of their selfish gutless team when they T up....

Quote:
One can only assume Neal will feel a pinch of remorse if he’s wearing a suit in the press box Wednesday night and his team is swept from the playoffs. Surely contributing to that embarrassing fact through his own selfish behavior by running amok, targeting defenseless Flyers players, might prompt a change in behavior.

Sadly, given the nonstop carnage of this postseason, one despairs that anyone will learn a lesson of any kind.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...ry-of-playoffs

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:13 AM
mja
Negative Creep

Quote:

Okay.
If he speaks his mind & everything that comes out is absolutely dreadful, then yes, he'll be labeled a whiner.

When Ovechkin et. al start saying **** like, "I don't like them, I don't like them." then they'll be labeled whiners, too.

Speaking your mind doesn't automatically mean that what you have to say is going to be praise-worthy.

If he had said something like, "Yeah, I pushed his glove away. I was trying to get in their ****ing heads." he'd be getting a lot less hate.

mja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:14 AM
kicksave27

I'm assuming crosby doesn't even know the meaning of "mea culpa"

He should read Snider's comments after last years playoffs to see how you admit failure to the fans

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:26 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Did anyone see Crosbaby's comments on Sportsrise this morning? Something to the effect of the Penguins have not changed their game during this series and there have been a lot of positives. I know that as the Captain he isn't going to come out and say, "hey we suck we are finished," but you would think he would at least acknowledge the fact that they were off their game and have played like ****. I would expect something along the lines of, "The last game wasn't our best. We didn't play Penguins hockey. We have a lot of work to do but we aren't worried moving forward."

Nope, instead the arrogance continues. Even down 3-0 after three embarrassing losses, they are still the best team in the world and never played a bad game in the history of the franchise.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:49 AM
healthyscratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post

Nope, instead the arrogance continues. Even down 3-0 after three embarrassing losses, they are still the best team in the world and never played a bad game in the history of the franchise.
That's good and is working to our advantage to a capital T. I said they checked out during Sundays game and this further cements my feelings. They really don't think there's anything wrong with their game, so good for us. Let them keep playing their game, and we'll drop another 8 goals on them tonight.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:53 AM
DrHamburg

Quote:

Okay.
A lot of people are overreacting to most of his comments. But as you said, Crosby used to be bland and boring but look what he is doing now...He is completely off his game, I said this since the beginning of series, everytime the Pens scored a goal in the first 2 games it was like they just won the Stanley Cup on an overtime winner. They are getting into scrums, playing up and down hockey just what the Flyers want. The pens were so full of themselves and now they are completely frustrated. I would have to imagine there is a reason teams around the league called the pens arrogant, not just for the sake of saying it.

DrHamburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 12:03 PM
BernieParent

I haven't heard anything that Crosby or the other Penguins have said, what with these 3 convincing wins in my ears.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Shady Machine

Not trying to troll because as a Pens fan I am pretty disgusted with their play and resorting to cheap antics to try and motivate the team. That said, you actually need to listen to the interview rather than the summary posted in this thread. What is the guy supposed to say?

"Yes we are really embarrassed and ashamed..." What purpose does that serve? Sid is trying to be a leader to the media. He doesn't want to show weakness and rightfully so. I wish he would have said that they weren't proud of getting into all the scrums and just need to focus on playing hockey but it was just an awkward question.

Anyway, good luck the rest of the way. I've been quite impressed with the Flyers resiliency early on in games.

Shady Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 12:56 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
If he was a Flyer saying that, we'd be talking about grit and never say die and, of course, the granddaddy of them all, "he hates to lose more than he likes to win".
not from me. he acted like a ***** on Sunday.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Mgkibbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
not from me. he acted like a ***** on Sunday.
It's really no different from how Clarke used to act. Skilled player, but a major troll that would stir up **** and rarely fight his own battles.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
Not trying to troll because as a Pens fan I am pretty disgusted with their play and resorting to cheap antics to try and motivate the team. That said, you actually need to listen to the interview rather than the summary posted in this thread. What is the guy supposed to say?

"Yes we are really embarrassed and ashamed..." What purpose does that serve? Sid is trying to be a leader to the media. He doesn't want to show weakness and rightfully so. I wish he would have said that they weren't proud of getting into all the scrums and just need to focus on playing hockey but it was just an awkward question.

Anyway, good luck the rest of the way. I've been quite impressed with the Flyers resiliency early on in games.

"There are things in the series that have gone the way we had hoped but the good news is will still have time to make things right"

"I don't know about 'embarrassed', but I think we got out of our game and the way we want to play"

"I'm proud of the guys we have in this room and I have faith that we'll turn it around in a way our fans will be proud of.

Not the end of the world or anything, but there are any number of ways to answer that question without sounding as silly as he did.

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CarlRacki

Quote:

Okay.
He's been labeled a whiner long before these recent comments, but that said, he's still being labeled a whiner because his comments are ... well ... whiny.

Nobody suggests he should (or would) say "Why, yes, we are embarrassed of ourselves" and "You know, it really was total douchebaggery on my part for knocking away Voracek's glove and going after the fearsome Kimmo Timonen."

But to say people "should be proud" of the players, in light of their conduct, reeks of either utter disingenuity or delusion.
Your choice.

CarlRacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 01:27 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyPnOtiK View Post
Wat did Adams say?
"I don't think he has a huge problem with it. If he does, he should maybe get a haircut."

Again - major issue? Of course not. But it's the wrong way to answer the question if you're trying to fight off your team's current image of being whiny, entitled babies.

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 01:42 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

vCash: 163
I really don't get the big deal being made of Crosby since Game 3.

I was extremely angry at Neal and wanted his blood for what he tried to do (I will accept a 4 game sweep instead of his blood). Crosby? I didn't really think he did anything to warrant this huge noise being made.

El Dandy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 01:47 PM
DrHamburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post

You pretty much hit the nail right on the head but believe it or not these boards are mostly filled with blind Flyer homerism and biased against the pens :-p lol

DrHamburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 01:55 PM
bungle
Casual Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Express View Post
I really don't get the big deal being made of Crosby since Game 3.

I was extremely angry at Neal and wanted his blood for what he tried to do (I will accept a 4 game sweep instead of his blood). Crosby? I didn't really think he did anything to warrant this huge noise being made.
Yeah he's really been no more or less of a **** in this series than he normally is.

bungle is offline   Reply With Quote