HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hossa

Old
04-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS85 View Post
My mistake.

No worries.

Fugu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 06:04 PM
ILM16
Rookie User

A speedy recovery would be great, it looked bad but I'm glad he's been released from hospital and is sitting at home recovering

ILM16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 08:35 PM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

Why are people insulting the Coyotes organization and their coach? Their GM?

You guys do realize that Quenneville/Bowman/et. all would be defending their player in precisely the same manner had the roles been reversed, right?

Of course we all think it was a bad hit. I'm hardly any different. But the ridiculing of the Coyotes brass simply because they have their player's back (as any organization in the NHL would, and just as the Hawks HAVE - see the Keith hit and its aftermath) is kind of pathetic.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 08:40 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post

You guys do realize that Quenneville/Bowman/et. all would be defending their player in precisely the same manner had the roles been reversed, right?

Of course we all think it was a bad hit. I'm hardly any different. But the ridiculing of the Coyotes brass simply because they have their player's back (as any organization in the NHL would, and just as the Hawks HAVE - see the Keith hit and its aftermath) is kind of pathetic.
Some of the comments were a tad bit strange. Most professional GM's and coaches would be reserved and say nothing.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 08:44 PM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Some of the comments were a tad bit strange. Most professional GM's and coaches would be reserved and say nothing.
Didn't Quenneville make some excuse about the "game being fast-moving" after Keith's laughably dirty hit on Sedin?

Coaches and GM's defend their players. It's not new, and if they're asked the questions continuously, they'll keep at it.

Old
04-18-2012, 08:46 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:

The Hawks reaction was a lot more diplomatic. I think the problem is that the situation was obviously very serious, the hit looked bad, and there was a certain nonchalance displayed by the Phoenix organization that I for one found distasteful.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 08:49 PM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
The Hawks reaction was a lot more diplomatic. I think the problem is that the situation was obviously very serious, the hit looked bad, and there was a certain nonchalance displayed by the Phoenix organization that I for one found distasteful.
Of course us Hawk fans are going to naturally think that our organization's reaction was more diplomatic.

Most of us, anyway. Opinions on this type of play and the aftermath are almost always extraordinarily biased towards one's favorite team.

It's the playoffs... every individual event is focused on even more intensity and scrutiny than usual. Coyotes brass were asked about the hit multiple times, so they had their player's back in their responses.

Old
04-18-2012, 09:23 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

^ Only thing that matters now is Hossa's recovery. I could care less what the responses are. They only serve to give the media something to talk about.

Old
04-18-2012, 09:36 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

in this .gif someone posted on the mainboard you can see just how bad the hit is

Old
04-18-2012, 09:41 PM
awfulwaffle

Ice looks like it hurt. Ouch.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 09:53 PM
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

That hit is as clean a hit you will find......

InTOEWSweTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:13 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

Quote:

Yeah this is what teams do. IIRC someone on the Bruins (maybe it was Julien?) a couple years ago called out one of their own players for something dirty and there was a lot of backlash about how he should have just kept his mouth shut.

Gootie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:15 PM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
Yeah this is what teams do. IIRC someone on the Bruins (maybe it was Julien?) a couple years ago called out one of their own players for something dirty and there was a lot of backlash about how he should have just kept his mouth shut.
Ference called out Paille... the same year we won the Cup, so I don't think it had any devastating effect.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:39 PM
KarlSen

Any confirmation that Hossa has a concussion?

KarlSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:41 PM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spensar View Post
Could swear that I heard today on the radio that he does not have one.

Old
04-18-2012, 10:42 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spensar View Post
No confirmation of anything other than he is out tomorrow. I'm thinking/hoping that Hossa is doing better than expected. Hawks may be using the same tactics keeping Hossa's status unknown till after the hearing.

Old
04-18-2012, 10:54 PM
LandofLincoln

Quote:

True.

Torres is a pest 2nd time he really impacted a Hawks series with an illegal hit. As much as I don't like the guy it was effective. Hossa out is huge for the Coyotes. There was no way Phoenix was going to win this series. Now there is doubt if the Hawks can win without Hossa.

Phoenix is no more of a ******* organization than St. Louis a less skilled organization that plays a physical game.

Toews said that type of play has no place in hockey. Wrong it does have a place. Torres will be suspended, but if Phoenix wins the series then it was worth however many games he gets in his suspension.

We need Hossa but if we can't beat Phoenix without Hossa than they deserve it more than us. Phoenix lacks skill give them credit for finding nontraditional ways to win a two games and be up in the series.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:11 PM
Steve Larmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS85 View Post
MOD

http://chirb.it/bFc97x <- Coach Tippett's tapdance to the Chicago press attempting to justify Torres' hit. Just listen to this. It's unbelievable.
This sound byte is worth listening to all the way through. It's very interesting and telling about the kind of coach and person Tippett is.

It goes beyond defending your team. Tippet comes across as defensive and bitter when asked simple questions about the Torres hit. Again - It is infuriating and worth listening to the whole way through.

Steve Larmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:57 PM
HawksFan86

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
in this .gif someone posted on the mainboard you can see just how bad the hit is

You can even see the ref flinches when Torres makes the hit, so how he missed calling that a penalty is beyond me.

HawksFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:49 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Maloney: "You would think Raffi murdered a bus load of children the way hes portrayed here in Chicago."
wow... what a stupid idiot

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 05:10 AM
slovakfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
True.

Torres is a pest 2nd time he really impacted a Hawks series with an illegal hit. As much as I don't like the guy it was effective. Hossa out is huge for the Coyotes. There was no way Phoenix was going to win this series. Now there is doubt if the Hawks can win without Hossa.

Phoenix is no more of a ******* organization than St. Louis a less skilled organization that plays a physical game.

Toews said that type of play has no place in hockey. Wrong it does have a place. Torres will be suspended, but if Phoenix wins the series then it was worth however many games he gets in his suspension.

We need Hossa but if we can't beat Phoenix without Hossa than they deserve it more than us. Phoenix lacks skill give them credit for finding nontraditional ways to win a two games and be up in the series.
so you think it is absolutely ok to hunt opponent's best players/millions to win the game?

are you talking about hockey or which "sport"?

slovakfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 05:37 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Torres is not effectiv, he is dumb.

Shanahan is dumb and stupid because he did nothing when it happened the first time

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 05:55 AM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakfan View Post
so you think it is absolutely ok to hunt opponent's best players/millions to win the game?

are you talking about hockey or which "sport"?
I don't think it is ok. It is an illegal play

1. Player did not have puck
2. Checking player clearly leaves both feet
3. Blindside hits are illegal

My point is Marian Hossa is one of the best player in the NHL, and the suspension is worth it for Phoenix. Torres is not a skilled player. He has no ability to change a series other than to make a check.

Unfortunate for the Hawks I hope Hossa can return in the series. Hossa returning and playing well would be the best way to pay Phoenix back.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:24 AM
ghostface89

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
True.

Sorry, I'm just passing through, but...

This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever seen. Are you being serious?

ghostface89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:20 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

From Sarah McLellan ‏ @azc_mclellan

Quote:
Torres will not waive his right to an in-person hearing tomorrow in New York. He'll be there with GM Don Maloney.