HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hossa

Old
04-19-2012, 02:01 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
From Sarah McLellan ‏ @azc_mclellan
Excuse my ignorance, but are GMs usually present for these hearings? Maloney being there could be a sign that he knows Torres is boned.

MTP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:28 PM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTP View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but are GMs usually present for these hearings? Maloney being there could be a sign that he knows Torres is boned.
I believe the GM and the player's agent are typically present. Not sure though.

MadhouseOnMadison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:24 PM
cherrypik

Not sure how true this statement I just read from JJ at Hockeybuzz but this is what he said:
"Severe" whiplash (soft tissue injury), out 5-6 weeks. Also a concussion.

Was so swollen and in so much pain the other night, a complete diagnosis could not be made but they felt fairly confident he will be OK for summer training and next year.

He is being re-evaluated today so the results can be sent for Torres' hearing.

If you google what a "Severe whiplash" is this is what I found: can also include injury to the intervertebral joints, discs, ligaments, cervical muscles and nerve roots.

cherrypik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:39 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypik View Post
Not sure how true this statement I just read from JJ at Hockeybuzz but this is what he said:

Was so swollen and in so much pain the other night, a complete diagnosis could not be made but they felt fairly confident he will be OK for summer training and next year.

If you google what a "Severe whiplash" is this is what I found: can also include injury to the intervertebral joints, discs, ligaments, cervical muscles and nerve roots.
Done for the playoffs and so are the Hawks.

HawksFan74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:40 PM
BobbyJet

Shoot. I am pissed all over again. I had a small hope that Hossa would somehow come back this season.

At the time, I called for at least an 8 game suspension for meathead. Even Don Cherry who usually stays mum on these matters predicted 10 games.

After hearing that diagnosis/prognosis, I hope the predator gets the remainder of the playoffs and 10 or more games next season.... but it still doesn't do us any good.

BobbyJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:42 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Hopefully he can make a full recovery for next season. Hossa will be missed the rest of this series, and next (remaining positive).

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:44 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

I was hoping as well selfishly that Hossa would be back. I knew that would be a stretch though.

Old
04-19-2012, 03:46 PM
Oilhawks

Severe whiplash? Forget the season, he might be done for good.

Oilhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:49 PM
cherrypik

I have a problem with 10 games, 20 games or even the 2013 regular season. That idiot almost put Hossa in a wheelchair for life! He might never be the same. If possible, the NHL should terminate Torres contract.

cherrypik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:52 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Keep in mind none of this is confirmed. Anyone could easily make that assessment based on what happened. There is probably something to it unfortunately.

Old
04-19-2012, 05:05 PM
darkcaptain86

I'm not believing that JJ article diagnosis untill it comes from the Blackhawks. JJ's been wrong on plenty (alot) of things before. Don't get worried about something that there is not 100% truth too. Remember that "broken jaw" rumor?

darkcaptain86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 05:12 PM
SugarKane88
Non-Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcaptain86 View Post
I'm not believing that JJ article diagnosis untill it comes from the Blackhawks. JJ's been wrong on plenty (alot) of things before. Don't get worried about something that there is not 100% truth too. Remember that "broken jaw" rumor?
Exactly. I'll wait until I see it come from someone with more credibility.

SugarKane88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 06:16 PM
Oilhawks

They really need to come back this game for Hossa. If you're mad now, you won't want to see what the trolls on TSN are saying about how Hossa 'deserved it' and how Torres is a hero etc etc

Old
04-19-2012, 06:39 PM
Sloid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckulhead View Post
Before I say what is on my mind I want to express my deep concern for a Hossa's health and my disdain for the hit.

I come in peace for the most part, but I am a frequent reader of all teams boards, rarely contribute, however I do post a lot on the Blackhawks official team forum... And on those forums, and this one Hawks fans were equally vulgar about the Keith hit on Sedin.

I do not wish injury on any player, but you guys cant have your cake and eat it to, and I am not claiming that you said anything negative about the Keith elbow regarding Daniel deserving it (although that was the consensus on Hawk boards), if you play with fire, you will get burned. I genuinely hope Hossa is ok and will make a full recovery, but listening to Toews, Kane, Seabs, Keith etc talking after the game about that hit, only a month after Keith took out one of the leagues best players with a deliberate elbow, it loses some of its impact, as does its credibility.

Torres is a great player to have on ones team, when he plays within the rules, its too bad that he often ventures outside of those rules and we are faced with a decision like this.
Keith made a big mistake. That elbow was deliberate but a mistake. His record indicates that. You didn't hear him say it was a "hockey hit". Torres is an animal, a repeat offending predator with no respect. Canucks are quite familiar with his behavior. He can't and won't be cured. Please let there be justice tomorrow.

Sloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 06:42 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilhawks View Post
They really need to come back this game for Hossa. If you're mad now, you won't want to see what the trolls on TSN are saying about how Hossa 'deserved it' and how Torres is a hero etc etc
Is that what TSN is saying? On Tuesday's game they were also saying what a dirty hit it was.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 06:43 PM
Chelios

Quote:

I would be very surprised if it is "severe" whiplash. Whiplash is loosely categorized into WAD I, II or III (WAD = whiplash associated disorder). In order for Hossa to have WAD III he would have to be having positive neuro signs, which is doubtful based on the mechanism of injury. It is hard to put an exact timeline on it, and it depends on the severity of the whiplash, but either way at this point I would be more concerned with the concussion than the whiplash.

Chelios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 06:50 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelios View Post
I would be very surprised if it is "severe" whiplash. Whiplash is loosely categorized into WAD I, II or III (WAD = whiplash associated disorder). In order for Hossa to have WAD III he would have to be having positive neuro signs, which is doubtful based on the mechanism of injury. It is hard to put an exact timeline on it, and it depends on the severity of the whiplash, but either way at this point I would be more concerned with the concussion than the whiplash.
You sound smart. Are you a doctor?

MTP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 07:01 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
I have a problem with 10 games, 20 games or even the 2013 regular season. That idiot almost put Hossa in a wheelchair for life! He might never be the same. If possible, the NHL should terminate Torres contract.
Hunter got 20 games once in the following season, for something much, much milder .. so it's possible they could do the right thing and sit this cancer for a good period...... then place him on probation for life. Add the provision: One more major infraction and you're gone from the league!

I doubt however that Shanahan or the NHL has the stones, and not sure if the CBA comes into play in such a decision. Hopefully Shanny knows how far he can go ... and just DO IT.

BobbyJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 07:17 PM
tdfxman

Quote:
Probably stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Sorry couldn't resist. Good info though, you are right. I hope Hoss is ok.

tdfxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 07:52 PM
Chelios

Quote:
Physiotherapist. I have seen a lot of whiplash.

Chelios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 07:56 PM
mikitas donut
The Hammer!

Max Pacioretty turned out okay after that massive hit last year. I hope Hossa turns out okay as well.

mikitas donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 07:58 PM
Oilhawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Is that what TSN is saying? On Tuesday's game they were also saying what a dirty hit it was.
Sorry, I should have been more clear, it's the user comments, but regardless, I think some of them might actually be 'sincere' about their comments.

Old
04-20-2012, 07:23 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Torres has to get a long suspension. He won't stop doing this like he has done this before

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 10:00 AM
stingo

Torres needs to leave the game.

stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 10:23 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

http://www.castanet.net/news/Sports/...icult-decision

Quote:
Chicago defenceman Duncan Keith was suspended five games for the March 21 elbow to the head that caused Sedin's involuntary hiatus. Sedin said players, not suspensions, can make the biggest difference when it comes to reducing head shots.

He said there was a difference between the intentional head shots and the controversial hit former teammate Raffi Torres delivered to Blackhawks' star Marian Hossa. Torres was suspended indefinitely for the hit.

"There's a difference between those kinds of hits," Sedin said. "That's more of a hockey hit. I know he left his feet, and he's probably going to get suspended for that. It's the other stuff that you want to get rid of, the intention to injure or (when) you do stuff that's not part of hockey.

"It's a different game now than it was before the rule changes. It's a faster game and stuff (is) going to happen. I still think it's up to the players. The suspension is not going to solve the problem."

Last edited by UsernameWasTaken: 04-20-2012 at 10:41 AM.
UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote