HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oklahoma City Barons 2011-12 Post Season Thread: Marlies End OKC's Season 4-1

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-07-2012, 11:12 PM
  #351
OILSLICK94
Registered User
 
OILSLICK94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 697
vCash: 500
Sweet!!!!

Love the experience the kids are getting

Paajarvi
Hartikainen
Lander
Van velde
Pitlick
Plante
Marincin

With Omark missing out!!!! Looks good on him

OILSLICK94 is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 11:20 PM
  #352
40oz
..........
 
40oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Game 2 was a home win and a huge one.
Ahh thought this was game 4.
Either way, I'm glad the kids are a part of this.

40oz is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 11:24 PM
  #353
Hans Moleman
Was saying Boortuzzi
 
Hans Moleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: FTW
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OILSLICK94 View Post
Sweet!!!!

Love the experience the kids are getting

Paajarvi
Hartikainen
Lander
Van velde
Pitlick
Plante
Marincin

With Omark missing out!!!! Looks good on him
Agreed, Omark would be nice to have, but let the kids that have a real future with the franchise have their moment in the sun. They've worked their ***** off all season to win the western conference and now they're pulling off really character building wins in the playoffs. Give them a taste of what it takes to win against the same team four times in a row so that they'll be ready when the big club is doing the same. Really proud of these guys.

Hans Moleman is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 11:33 PM
  #354
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO
 
Valic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namtsua View Post
Awesome win! Now is this a best of 3 series?
Barons up 2 games to 1.

Valic is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 11:38 PM
  #355
Usual_Suspect
Registered User
 
Usual_Suspect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: 3 hours South
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OILSLICK94 View Post
Sweet!!!!

Love the experience the kids are getting

Paajarvi
Hartikainen
Lander
Van velde
Pitlick
Plante
Marincin

With Omark missing out!!!! Looks good on him
Pitlick almost had the OT gwg. Just missed and hit the post. Agreed this is great experience for our prospects.

Usual_Suspect is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 12:41 AM
  #356
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Displaced
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,620
vCash: 500
Apparently VV called himself for the OT winner in the Barons locker room before OT started.

SWAG.

Groucho is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 03:10 AM
  #357
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
The Oilers Best
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 51,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Apparently VV called himself for the OT winner in the Barons locker room before OT started.

SWAG.
Vande Velde looks VERY good at the AHL level IMO, if he could add another gear or at least improve his acceleration he could be a solid 4th line C for us next year.

__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 04:00 AM
  #358
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe
 
OilerTyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,818
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Vande Velde looks VERY good at the AHL level IMO, if he could add another gear or at least improve his acceleration he could be a solid 4th line C for us next year.
I think next year is a little optimistic. He is still pretty far down the depth chart.

OilerTyler is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 04:26 AM
  #359
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
The Oilers Best
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 51,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
I think next year is a little optimistic. He is still pretty far down the depth chart.
That all depends on what happens with Belanger. If he's here next year then V isn't, if he isn't, then I'd rather he play on the 4th line than Lander.

Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 04:42 AM
  #360
Eytinge
Registered User
 
Eytinge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
That all depends on what happens with Belanger. If he's here next year then V isn't, if he isn't, then I'd rather he play on the 4th line than Lander.
Why the rush to trade Belanger? As long as he stays off the powerplay and plays 3rd/4th line minutes I don't see the need to get rid of him. He still is a great faceoff guy, and it looks like Horcoff won't ever get back to the elite faceoff guy he once was.

Eytinge is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 05:00 AM
  #361
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
The Oilers Best
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 51,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
Why the rush to trade Belanger? As long as he stays off the powerplay and plays 3rd/4th line minutes I don't see the need to get rid of him. He still is a great faceoff guy, and it looks like Horcoff won't ever get back to the elite faceoff guy he once was.
IIRC there were rumblings that he wasn't happy here or something along those lines. I'd keep him as a 4th line/PK guy. And hey, maybe if Paajarvi makes the big club next year Belanger can keep him off the PP again

Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 10:44 AM
  #362
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,650
vCash: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
IIRC there were rumblings that he wasn't happy here or something along those lines. I'd keep him as a 4th line/PK guy. And hey, maybe if Paajarvi makes the big club next year Belanger can keep him off the PP again
Gregor mentioned that he wasn't a good teammate. I got the impression he just showed up to get a pay check. With that being said we could move him and sign Scott Nichol and I'd be thrilled.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 11:21 AM
  #363
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Gregor mentioned that he wasn't a good teammate. I got the impression he just showed up to get a pay check. With that being said we could move him and sign Scott Nichol and I'd be thrilled.
I have a strange feeling that Montreal would be a great fit for Belly if we are looking to move him. We'd clearly need an upgrade though. Too bad we didn't just sign Konopka or Fiddler last year. I guess Konopka is available again this summer.

As for OKC, absolutely love how they are grinding out OT wins here in this round.

Reimer is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 11:24 AM
  #364
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,650
vCash: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
I have a strange feeling that Montreal would be a great fit for Belly if we are looking to move him. We'd clearly need an upgrade though. Too bad we didn't just sign Konopka or Fiddler last year. I guess Konopka is available again this summer.

As for OKC, absolutely love how they are grinding out OT wins here in this round.
I'd really like to know what Konopka's deal is.

Fiddler would be nice too. I still think regardless we need to have a proven 4th line center next year. I hate to pencil VV in and find out after 20 games that he is useless.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 11:26 AM
  #365
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I'd really like to know what Konopka's deal is.

Fiddler would be nice too. I still think regardless we need to have a proven 4th line center next year. I hate to pencil VV in and find out after 20 games that he is useless.
Yeah for sure, we can't giftwrap a 4th line spot for Lander or VV. They have to come in and earn it or wait for a call up and play hard.

Reimer is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 01:16 PM
  #366
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe
 
OilerTyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,818
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
That all depends on what happens with Belanger. If he's here next year then V isn't, if he isn't, then I'd rather he play on the 4th line than Lander.
Yeah, I highly doubt that Belanger is traded this summer.

I also don't think he is a bad teammate like some people believe.

OilerTyler is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 01:19 PM
  #367
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
The Oilers Best
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 51,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
Yeah, I highly doubt that Belanger is traded this summer.

I also don't think he is a bad teammate like some people believe.
For the media to take a pot shot at him, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's moved TBH.

Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 01:26 PM
  #368
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe
 
OilerTyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,818
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
For the media to take a pot shot at him, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's moved TBH.
It seems like we are trying to take a serious shot at the playoffs next year. Belanger was one of the best players in the league at faceoffs last season and our best penalty killer by far. He was also second on the team in takeaways and fourth among Oilers forwards in blocked shots despite having reduced ice time for most of the year.

You don't trade a guy like that if you want to make the playoffs. And who knows, maybe he can find his offensive game again under a different coach.

OilerTyler is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 01:34 PM
  #369
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
The Oilers Best
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 51,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
It seems like we are trying to take a serious shot at the playoffs next year. Belanger was one of the best players in the league at faceoffs last season and our best penalty killer by far. He was also second on the team in takeaways and fourth among Oilers forwards in blocked shots despite having reduced ice time for most of the year.

You don't trade a guy like that if you want to make the playoffs. And who knows, maybe he can find his offensive game again under a different coach.
That depends on what you can get for him IMO. If his teammates don't like him I could see that as reason enough to get rid of him. Hell at this point Smyth might be on the outs for similar reasons.

Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 01:38 PM
  #370
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe
 
OilerTyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,818
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
That depends on what you can get for him IMO. If his teammates don't like him I could see that as reason enough to get rid of him. Hell at this point Smyth might be on the outs for similar reasons.
I've seen Belanger at the bar with Hall and Eberle. Would you go drinking and dancing with a person you don't like?

I've never seen Smyth hanging out with the kids in public though.

OilerTyler is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 01:43 PM
  #371
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
For the media to take a pot shot at him, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's moved TBH.
What exactly is the pot shot here? I like to read it or hear the audio to try and grab a grasp on the context of the comments.

Reimer is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 01:44 PM
  #372
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
I've seen Belanger at the bar with Hall and Eberle. Would you go drinking and dancing with a person you don't like?

I've never seen Smyth hanging out with the kids in public though.
Regardless you don't trade Belly unless you can get a clear upgrade. You don't move him to make room for Lander or VV.

Reimer is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 01:47 PM
  #373
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe
 
OilerTyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,818
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
Regardless you don't trade Belly unless you can get a clear upgrade. You don't move him to make room for Lander or VV.
Agreed.

Even if we acquired another Belanger-esque player like Stoll I'd probably rather move Horcoff to wing (or the press box ) than trade Belanger away.

OilerTyler is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 02:03 PM
  #374
dem
Registered User
 
dem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,682
vCash: 500
Vandevelde looked like a camp champ one year.. but the numbers haven't been great so far in the AHL.
Actually.. no ones regular season numbers look great on the Barons.

That said I haven't watched a single AHL game all year.

dem is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 04:47 PM
  #375
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...
 
stratedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,392
vCash: 500
Oh god... the San Antonio announcers reaction when VV scores... hahahaha


stratedge is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.