HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Can the Devils actually lose 4 of 7 to FL? Stay tuned for the craptastic conclusion

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2012, 01:27 AM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I honestly just can't figure out why we can't beat him. We all know we've never beaten him before aside from that time he was pulled, and he didn't get credited with the loss.
That's what... 5 times he's beaten the Devils over the course of how many seasons? He's a problem that will be solved.
Remember when it seemed like the Devils wouldn't be able to solve the great wall of the AHL great Anders Nilsson? It happens with a small sample size.

Old
04-19-2012, 01:28 AM
Rella17

soon as he came in last night i knew we werent gonna score again

Old
04-19-2012, 01:30 AM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rella17 View Post
soon as he came in last night i knew we werent gonna score again
Sadly we did score though, no one but the refs thought that goal should be waived off.

Old
04-19-2012, 01:31 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autos View Post
if he starts tomorrow we'll score on him. there's a reason why he wasn't starting game 1. i'm not worried about him, he will not be the reason we lose this series.
Theodore is the better goaltender, and if he started yesterday's game I can't believe he would have made the saves Theodore couldn't.

I said he can steal a game, but not a series. I just hope the Devils are in good spirits, and not shaken by the loss Tuesday.

If you ask me I think they were pretty rattled, and broken by blowing that lead yesterday considering they had over 20 minutes, I think even closer to 30 minutes was it? To tie that game, and didn't.

Tomorrow is a new day, but I don't know these guys so I don't know how they feel or how they're taking it.

Old
04-19-2012, 01:34 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Sadly we did score though, no one but the refs thought that goal should be waived off.
Funny it was Bernier who has our only goal against him this year.

I was right behind that net. Quite a few rows up. I never watched the video footage online. It looked good when I saw it in person, but I have to see it at other angles. The only replay I saw was in the arena on the screen.

I don't think he was completely impeded like Marty was in the Rangers no goal. Who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
That's what... 5 times he's beaten the Devils over the course of how many seasons? He's a problem that will be solved.
Remember when it seemed like the Devils wouldn't be able to solve the great wall of the AHL great Anders Nilsson? It happens with a small sample size.
We found a way to beat Nilsson. A relatively simple goal too. Clarkson scored that same goal on the other guy last season too.

I think we might be the only team who constantly gets shut down by that joker down there in Philly. Not when he was with Phoenix, but with the Flyers.

3 full games, 1 relief appearance. 2 shutouts, 1 game of one goal, and shutout in the relief appearance. 208+ minutes, 1 goal, 76 shots. That's like a 987% save percentage, and 0.25 GAA. The relief appearance is skewing that GAA, but OUCH! I bet he was wishing his Flyers were playing those Devils, and not the Penguins with his 700 save percentage, and 4+ GAA.

Last edited by Bleedred: 04-19-2012 at 01:43 AM.
Old
04-19-2012, 01:59 AM
HeliDevil
Legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Funny it was Bernier who has our only goal against him this year.

I was right behind that net. Quite a few rows up. I never watched the video footage online. It looked good when I saw it in person, but I have to see it at other angles. The only replay I saw was in the arena on the screen.

I don't think he was completely impeded like Marty was in the Rangers no goal. Who knows?
no, gaborik was impeding more. he was kinda pushed but really made no effort to get out of the way. bernier was kinda bumped and fell partially on clemmer but scott could have easily made that save, and didn't. maybe the hockey gods were evening it out for us

Old
04-19-2012, 04:00 AM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 1752
Go devils!

Old
04-19-2012, 05:00 AM
davebenj

Stating the obvious but if we lose tonight it's all but over. I know it won't happen but I think we would need a mini overhaul if this took place. We might struggle next year anyway. Poni has been terrible also at least to me in addition to the usual suspects and Henrique has been missing in action for months it appears. Parise really needs to get going other than his goal yesterday. Him and Zajac always suck come playoff time it seems.

Old
04-19-2012, 05:28 AM
NJDevilsZG
I'll drive team bus

Watched soccer last night : Chelsea Vs. Barcelona. Barca was awesome - tape-to-tape passes, great offensive ideas, had more than 70% possesion time, it was a treat to watch them play ... and they could not find the back of the net. Chelsea scored from counter attack, of course. Game over. As soon as it was over, I was absolutely confident that Barca will win re-match and advance to the finals. They are simply better team.

Kind of helped me remember our boys are better team too. Yeah they have ****ted the bed, "hellooo it's playoffs, fella's", "10min won't cut it" etc etc ... and I will stick to my "watching only replays" decision, but I feel confident that it will be, as many here were predicting from start, Devils in 6.

Old
04-19-2012, 05:28 AM
davebenj

Actually, I take back what I said. Even if we lose tonight (I'm expecting a win though) I still don't think we are out of it. It's been that type of playoffs.

Old
04-19-2012, 06:05 AM
EliasFTW

We came in to hot. We never even won 5 in a row regular season. Then we Get 6. Too hot knew a 3 game stinker would show up but we did win one of those. I expect a honest hard working 5-2 win tonight.

Old
04-19-2012, 06:08 AM
Karus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevilsZG View Post
Watched soccer last night : Chelsea Vs. Barcelona. Barca was awesome - tape-to-tape passes, great offensive ideas, had more than 70% possesion time, it was a treat to watch them play ... and they could not find the back of the net. Chelsea scored from counter attack, of course. Game over. As soon as it was over, I was absolutely confident that Barca will win re-match and advance to the finals. They are simply better team.

Kind of helped me remember our boys are better team too. Yeah they have ****ted the bed, "hellooo it's playoffs, fella's", "10min won't cut it" etc etc ... and I will stick to my "watching only replays" decision, but I feel confident that it will be, as many here were predicting from start, Devils in 6.
The problem is that Barcelona is the absolute best team in football, while the Devils are not the best hockey team. Anyway, I hope they will win tonight.

Old
04-19-2012, 06:20 AM
NJDevilsZG
I'll drive team bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karus View Post
The problem is that Barcelona is the absolute best team in football, while the Devils are not the best hockey team. Anyway, I hope they will win tonight.
In terms of a quality in respective sport, i can assure you that Predators are not at Chelsea level either
But that is not the point. It's just that I've felt confident that Devils are a better team (that seemed to be lost on me recently ) , that they'll prove it soon and be the one to advance to 2nd round.

Old
04-19-2012, 06:38 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
That's irritating. Can't overlook anybody, that's when it burns you. Focus on the task at hand. I hope they remember that next game.
They won't. If they couldn't figure it out after five years of ****ty playoff results and underachieving, they're certainly not gonna figure it out now. Even IN games they show their overconfidence, like getting those three-goal leads and then relaxing. They're stupid sacks of **** and that's why this team needs to be blown up when we lose (yes I'm still saying when, after Zach's postgame comments and Marty's comments here).

Old
04-19-2012, 06:55 AM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Ok guys! Any frustration that remains form Tuesday, vent it out ASAP! We must focus all of our energy to cheering and supporting this team tonight! It's a new day, and a new game! For anybody going, be loud and be proud! Let's go Devils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
04-19-2012, 06:57 AM
njdevilsftw

My buddy is a Sabres fan, he abd i were talking about trading up in the draft. So Say the devils lose tonight and Saturday. (Pray to god they don't ) parise will probably will hit the road or at the least test the market What do you think the odds are of trading his rights and our first for the islanders or oilers first?

Old
04-19-2012, 07:03 AM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

CJ needs to put up the GDT so this cluster**** can be locked and we can start rallying.

Old
04-19-2012, 07:09 AM
TheUnseenHand
madest thou look

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliasFTW View Post
We came in to hot. We never even won 5 in a row regular season. Then we Get 6. Too hot knew a 3 game stinker would show up but we did win one of those. I expect a honest hard working 5-2 win tonight.

So what do you want here; go into the playoffs on a losing streak because they have a chance to turn it around? I don't think it's possible to come into the playoffs "too hot".

Old
04-19-2012, 07:22 AM
The Great Dame
Blame Pete

vCash: 316
You know I was thinking this morning, and I realized, at least this loss wasn't as bad as the Kings last year when they lost 4-0 and 5-1 leads.

Old
04-19-2012, 07:29 AM
Richer's Ghost
You are reading this

vCash: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils1982 View Post
i stopped caring what the out of the woodwork 'fans' say. good for them if they want to ***** and moan about every little thing. am i happy? not really. but there is more then the end of the world right now. its 2-1 and game in newark. i can accept that.

what the team does to make **** right is in their hands now. im still going to enjoy tonights game big time.
Good for you.

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Old
04-19-2012, 07:37 AM
Karus

In the words of Bryzgalov:

Why you have to be mad? It's only hockey.

Old
04-19-2012, 07:47 AM
Richer's Ghost
You are reading this

vCash: 425
Negative Nancies will have to wait for a 12 hours to resume regularly scheduled programming.

GDT now in progress.

Closed Thread