HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Quote the poster

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2012, 02:13 AM
braindead

vCash: 500
Quote the poster

Now that the Preds won 4-1, post the quote that feels the best to savor in victory. The one that makes you want to say "Suck it" to them. There are some jewels in the Series Thread and the original Poll (on about page 14 of the playoffs section).

Disclaimer: This is for Preds fans, in the Preds area (understanding these came from a minority of Red Wing posters that should not overshadow the large number of great posters and posts from the Wings side). It's not meant for DRW fans, it's not meant to rub salt in the wound.

My personal favorite (excluding a couple of high volume posters who may show up here soon enough):

Quote:
its more a detroit history thing. no first round losses since 5 years.

detroit red wings
2010-2011 Lost Western Conference Semifinals
2009-2010 Lost Western Conference Semifinals
2008-2009 Lost Stanley Cup Finals
2007-2008 Won Stanley Cup Finals
2006-2007 Lost Western Conference Finals

so dont be sad preds fans. bad luck to get the wings as a first round opponent. the real playoffs for the wings start in the second round.

Last edited by Seth Lake: 04-21-2012 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Don't quote the name of a poster...
Old
04-21-2012, 02:35 AM
Los Depredadores

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Now that the Preds won 4-1, post the DRW fan quote that feels the best to savor in victory. The one that makes you want to say "Suck it" to them. There are some jewels in the Series Thread and the original Poll (on about page 14 of the playoffs section).

Disclaimer: This is for Preds fans, in the Preds area (understanding these came from a minority of Red Wing posters that should not overshadow the large number of great posters and posts from the Wings side). It's not meant for DRW fans, it's not meant to rub salt in the wound.

My personal favorite (excluding a couple of high volume posters who may show up here soon enough):
That's rich

Old
04-21-2012, 03:56 AM
wadesworld

I've got one saved, but I'll wait to see if the mods let this thread live.

Old
04-21-2012, 04:20 AM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
I've got one saved, but I'll wait to see if the mods let this thread live.
I checked the rules twice before starting the thread (but since playing the role of mod is against the rules, I won't rule on my own motion).

I would note that it's in the Pred's section covering a legitimate aspect of the Pred fan's experience. If anything, I'd argue it's a public service that helps us chuckle here instead of being tempted to flame or troll out on the main board forums. I'm here to serve.

Old
04-21-2012, 06:08 AM
Plowevelski
3 Rings, 5 Years.

I knew you guys would beat them this time. Jeez what a hilarious post.

I guess maybe some people only watch their own team?

Old
04-21-2012, 06:29 AM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
I checked the rules twice before starting the thread (but since playing the role of mod is against the rules, I won't rule on my own motion).

I would note that it's in the Pred's section covering a legitimate aspect of the Pred fan's experience. If anything, I'd argue it's a public service that helps us chuckle here instead of being tempted to flame or troll out on the main board forums. I'm here to serve.
I think if we remove the name of the poster who said it, that would be fine.

Old
04-21-2012, 07:55 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Extremely little leeway in this thread, but I'll let it live for now under the guidelines that you do not quote a user's name and if you feel the need to take a shot at the quoted post, attack the content, not the poster.

Try to also limit the quotes to a snippet instead of a whole post if you would too.

Very little leeway, but let's see how this goes...

Old
04-21-2012, 08:34 AM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

vCash: 626
As an outsider, I don't know, but.. ..just enjoy your ride and don't look back. The Preds rule! ..that's the most important thing.

Old
04-21-2012, 09:25 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

"Detroit will blow the inexperienced Predators off the ice. That Radulov guy is a cheater and won't have any game left."

"The Joe is a sacred place, no one wins there during the playoffs."

Don't remember the exact quote, but its from game 3 when one of the media people (who I know from working at the Joe for two years covering the NCAA hockey tourney) asked trotz a really dumb question that amounted to how good datz and zetts are and trotz just kind of gave him the death by eyebrow twitching. Loved it.

Old
04-21-2012, 09:31 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Guys, this is dangerous territory. Quoting posts from other threads is a big no-no if it's for the purpose of trolling, and I'm not really sure how this can be defended as anything but that...

Keep user names out of it. That is a must. If this ends up closed don't be surprised.

Old
04-21-2012, 09:34 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

It`s not worth it guys. Never use the rearview mirror

Old
04-21-2012, 09:36 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

FWIW I absolutely love the idea, but we have rules to follow here. I have opened a discussion with the rest of the Preds boards mods. If this is deemed acceptable it will be re-opened with some very clear rules. If not then it will die in the fire like everything does eventually

Old
04-22-2012, 01:48 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Update: we mods are all in agreement that, while this thread is not necessarily malicious in intent, it does violate the site rules. It will remain closed for that reason. Sorry, guys

Closed Thread