Official Sports Radio Thread Part 7

Closed Thread

Old
06-08-2012, 10:34 PM
ronwm

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonHowe View Post
Huge Beatles fan forever. It's the other name I don't want to hear.
....yoko?

Old
06-09-2012, 01:02 AM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
What did he say?
They start by going over their recent argument on twitter.

Haggerty attacks Minihane's assertion that Thomas is the same guy he was last year by pulling the "how many times have you been in the locker room" card and it ends with them yelling over each other for 5 minutes and Haggerty calling him a dick.

Old
06-09-2012, 01:34 AM
doc5hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Hey Doc and Dupes, why aren't you guys doing a weekly podcast?

If Gordon doesn't want it, I ain't doin it.

Seriously, if the cards were in place, we would. But the rat race has got us both running in other directions to pay our bills. It was fun, though, and it sure would be again if circumstances prevailed.

Old
06-09-2012, 07:11 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoomie View Post
I'm not quite sure who Kirk Minihane is but he gave it to Haggerty on CSNNE tonight.
Good. Nothing against Haggs, but he seems to be getting a little full of himself lately. Plus the whole manufacturing/perpetuation of that White House nonsense.

Old
06-09-2012, 08:29 AM
doc5hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoomie View Post
I'm not quite sure who Kirk Minihane is but he gave it to Haggerty on CSNNE tonight.

From what I understand, Minihane doesn't want hockey being discussed when he's on the air.

Old
06-09-2012, 08:30 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Good. Nothing against Haggs, but he seems to be getting a little full of himself lately. Plus the whole manufacturing/perpetuation of that White House nonsense.
A little? He was on what - four radio stations the other day? It's all about self-promotion.

Old
06-09-2012, 02:40 PM
GordonHowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwm View Post
....yoko?
To it mildly, I am not a Yoko fan. I don't blame her for the breakup, blah blah blah. Being a Beatlemaniac, I've read a lot of books over the years. She does not aquit herself well in any of them.

Old
06-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Boston BROin
Marchand makes u mad

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Boston BROin Send a message via Yahoo to Boston BROin
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonHowe View Post
Actually, F&M have featured Mumbles Menino's greatest hits in the past. Unbelievable. And hilarious.
Absolutely abhor Menino.

Old
06-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Bone for your jar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
I fully agree with you. For whatever the reason, he's like that with every media interaction though, not just T&R. It always struck me that he was similar to Steve Kasper, meaning that he seemed to believe he was the smartest guy in the room at all times. I'm not sure if he's like that in real life, but his interviews come off like he's very condescending and being forced to speak with people well below his station in life. Could be way off, but that's just how he always carries himself, IMO.
Beg to differ, especially with the bolded part. I've listened to a couple of extended Chiarelli interviews on Toronto's WFAN (on the lunchtime Hockey Central show, with Nick Kypreos and Doug MacLean), and it's a completely different Chia there: relaxed, engaged, highly informative and respectful. Then again, the interviewers were of a different caliber than T&R, in terms of hockey knowledge and maturity of demeanor. I think T&R, and particularly Fred, feed into whatever Chiarelli's condescending tendencies might be. Fred, with his "Sir", and "Mister Peter Chiarelli", sounds mock-deferential, and the questions always feel like they're looking for a "gotcha" moment. T&R, if anything, play up the awkward tension, and have made it part of the "entertainment". Chiarelli is perceptive enough to notice that he's being played with by what seem to him like a couple of insecure clowns, and I can't blame him for being annoyed with the whole charade. You could criticize him for not having more of a sense of humor (or humour, rather) to just roll along with it, but maybe he just doesn't find it all that amusing.

Old
06-10-2012, 08:33 PM
doc5hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone for your jar View Post
Beg to differ, especially with the bolded part. I've listened to a couple of extended Chiarelli interviews on Toronto's WFAN (on the lunchtime Hockey Central show, with Nick Kypreos and Doug MacLean), and it's a completely different Chia there: relaxed, engaged, highly informative and respectful. Then again, the interviewers were of a different caliber than T&R, in terms of hockey knowledge and maturity of demeanor. I think T&R, and particularly Fred, feed into whatever Chiarelli's condescending tendencies might be. Fred, with his "Sir", and "Mister Peter Chiarelli", sounds mock-deferential, and the questions always feel like they're looking for a "gotcha" moment. T&R, if anything, play up the awkward tension, and have made it part of the "entertainment". Chiarelli is perceptive enough to notice that he's being played with by what seem to him like a couple of insecure clowns, and I can't blame him for being annoyed with the whole charade. You could criticize him for not having more of a sense of humor (or humour, rather) to just roll along with it, but maybe he just doesn't find it all that amusing.
I wonder if he complains about it in the office and Cam asks him if he wants to trade places and go on the p.m. drive show instead.

Old
06-15-2012, 07:40 AM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

*Bump*

Anybody catch Chia on T & R yesterday morning?

Somebody posted in another thread that he was on. Just looking for more of a summary if anyone's got one.

Good sports talk this morning on T & R.

How to boil water.

Old
06-15-2012, 08:31 AM
Fenian24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone for your jar View Post
Agree 100% with this. Chiarelli was on XM's afternoon show yesterday with Esposito and the other host and he came across much better than he does with the clowns on local radio.

Was hoping for a few more questions reagrding the cap and Kelly but interview was mostly focused around Thomas, Rask, Khudobin and having the same roster, for the most part, as the cup winning one. Did mention Hamilton and having the money to maybe shop for a big name free agent but he doubted they would do anything big in free agency or by trade.Mentiond that Horton is feeling better and they expect him back for the start of the season. The XM host praised Hamilton and the Ice Dogs and kept saying how good he thinks Hamilton will be, Chiarelli agreed, needless to say.

Old
06-15-2012, 11:28 AM
Rubber Biscuit
Noted Loui Apologist

In about a half hour they'll be reliving last year on 98.5

Old
06-15-2012, 03:25 PM
Bruins1726

Mazz has a hard on for trading Lucic, eh?

Old
06-18-2012, 09:20 PM
Shaun
beauty

lol at The Big Show beating F&M in ratings and the worst show in the world Mutt and Merloni beating Fatty and the Scrub QB

http://www.boston.com/sports/touchin...c:on:twit:tatb

Old
06-18-2012, 09:26 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
lol at The Big Show beating F&M in ratings and the worst show in the world Mutt and Merloni beating Fatty and the Scrub QB

First time I turned back to eei since the hub started.

I turn off Felger and Mazz all the time, but this was the first time I went back. Wanted some celts talk without the host rooting for them to fail/being miserable when they won.

Old
06-18-2012, 09:26 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:

Now that the Celtics are done the ratings will flip. WEEI shouldn't be celebrating. They'll be back down to where they belong soon.

I am Boston Strong

Old
06-19-2012, 05:33 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
First time I turned back to eei since the hub started.

I turn off Felger and Mazz all the time, but this was the first time I went back. Wanted some celts talk without the host rooting for them to fail/being miserable when they won.
Thats my favorite part!

Old
06-19-2012, 02:56 PM
MattFromFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Now that the Celtics are done the ratings will flip. WEEI shouldn't be celebrating. They'll be back down to where they belong soon.
Couldn't agree more. Out of the two primary time slots that WEEI won (mid-day and afternoon drive), it was by a combined 1.8. They barely won. And that was because of an early playoff exit and a deep Celtics run.

Here are some links showing the ratings for May, June, and the entire summer, last year. Unlike when WEEI barely came out on top in a monthly rating period, these weren't even close.

http://fangsbites.bostonsportsmedia....l-may-ratings/

http://articles.boston.com/2011-07-1...ub-bruins-weei

http://articles.boston.com/2011-10-0...share-arbitron

Old
06-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Donnie Shulzhoffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFromFranklin View Post
Couldn't agree more. Out of the two primary time slots that WEEI won (mid-day and afternoon drive), it was by a combined 1.8. They barely won. And that was because of an early playoff exit and a deep Celtics run.

Here are some links showing the ratings for May, June, and the entire summer, last year. Unlike when WEEI barely came out on top in a monthly rating period, these weren't even close.

http://fangsbites.bostonsportsmedia....l-may-ratings/

http://articles.boston.com/2011-07-1...ub-bruins-weei

http://articles.boston.com/2011-10-0...share-arbitron
I could't care less about which one is doing better than the other. Because if I don't like what I hear, I just change the station. No one is making me listen to either of them.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Shaun
beauty

I doubt it but will F&M mention the draft tonight?

Old
06-22-2012, 01:14 PM
The Scarecrow
2011 Cup Champions

Quote:
No one knows who Tyler Segwin is!

Old
06-22-2012, 01:18 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Derp?

Quote:
They just brought it up on their list of topics. Yes, there gonna talk about it.

Old
06-22-2012, 02:38 PM
CamFan81
Derp

Quote:
yep it will go something like this..

"And don't forget the nhl draft tonight, cuz thats always fun... So anyone wanna talk about tim tebow"

Old
06-22-2012, 02:41 PM
The Scarecrow
2011 Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
yep it will go something like this..

"And don't forget the nhl draft tonight, cuz thats always fun... So anyone wanna talk about tim tebow"
You really cannot talk NHL draft with them. They would probably have a 15 minute dialogue about hockey player names once they hear a kid named Koekkoek is being drafted. I don't expect them to anyways so it doesn't really matter.

Closed Thread