HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Sports Radio Thread Part 7

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-22-2012, 04:02 PM
  #351
duckchobbins
Moderator
 
duckchobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
I doubt it but will F&M mention the draft tonight?
They've actually taken a good amount of calls on hockey this afternoon.

duckchobbins is offline  
Old
06-26-2012, 09:07 AM
  #352
CamFan81
Derp
 
CamFan81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 18,211
vCash: 500
Some good hockey talk this morning because the 98.5 normal guys are at a golf tourney.
How refreshing



Chia's moves (or lack there of)
Jets new contract for Pav
How the former n.stars GM said no one will out bid Minny on parise
The improvement of the youth of the B's possibly being the "upgrade" boston needs

Good stuff.


Last edited by CamFan81: 06-26-2012 at 09:15 AM.
CamFan81 is offline  
Old
06-26-2012, 09:17 AM
  #353
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
Some good hockey talk this morning because the 98.5 normal guys are at a golf tourney.
How refreshing



Chia's moves (or lack there of)
Jets new contract for Pav
How the former n.stars GM said no one will out bid Minny on parise
The improvement of the youth of the B's possibly being the "upgrade" boston needs

Good stuff.
Agreed. Johnston and Flynn are really good. If I want real sports talk in the morning, they're far superior to T&R.

LSCII is online now  
Old
06-26-2012, 09:24 AM
  #354
CamFan81
Derp
 
CamFan81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 18,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Agreed. Johnston and Flynn are really good. If I want real sports talk in the morning, they're far superior to T&R.
they even covered how the Islanders were willing to give CBJ their entire draft for the #2 pick...
I didn't hear about it ( sigh) until now

CamFan81 is offline  
Old
06-26-2012, 09:33 AM
  #355
Donnie Shulzhoffer
Registered User
 
Donnie Shulzhoffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Foxboro, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Agreed. Johnston and Flynn are really good. If I want real sports talk in the morning, they're far superior to T&R.
Why would even expect good sports talk from T&R anyway? JW is the only one who knows anything on that show and the T&R are two busy with drunken Red Sox fan trivia.

Donnie Shulzhoffer is online now  
Old
06-26-2012, 09:39 AM
  #356
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer View Post
Why would even expect good sports talk from T&R anyway? JW is the only one who knows anything on that show and the T&R are two busy with drunken Red Sox fan trivia.
I don't. I never listen to those guys for anything sports related. More and more lately, I've just been listening to my own music and skipping broadcast radio. I was just pointing out how obvious it is when you hear a real show with some knowledgeable hosts as compared to 40 year old former frat boys.

LSCII is online now  
Old
06-26-2012, 09:51 AM
  #357
Donnie Shulzhoffer
Registered User
 
Donnie Shulzhoffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Foxboro, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
I don't. I never listen to those guys for anything sports related. More and more lately, I've just been listening to my own music and skipping broadcast radio. I was just pointing out how obvious it is when you hear a real show with some knowledgeable hosts as compared to 40 year old former frat boys.
Good, I am glad you don't. Because anyone who does is kidding themselves.

Donnie Shulzhoffer is online now  
Old
06-26-2012, 02:10 PM
  #358
MattFromFranklin
Registered User
 
MattFromFranklin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Franklin, MA
Posts: 1,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer View Post
Good, I am glad you don't. Because anyone who does is kidding themselves.
Couldn't the same thing be said about ANY WEEI program with regards to Bruins talk? Aside from Holley, not one person who is currently under contract with that station knows the difference between a hockey puck and a urinal cake.

Have a listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRyA8bGoGBo

MattFromFranklin is offline  
Old
06-26-2012, 02:30 PM
  #359
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards
 
GarbageGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,025
vCash: 500
Don't forget you have a guy on WEEI at middays who openly prefaces everything with "I hate hockey".

GarbageGoal is offline  
Old
06-26-2012, 02:32 PM
  #360
Donnie Shulzhoffer
Registered User
 
Donnie Shulzhoffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Foxboro, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFromFranklin View Post
Couldn't the same thing be said about ANY WEEI program with regards to Bruins talk? Aside from Holley, not one person who is currently under contract with that station knows the difference between a hockey puck and a urinal cake.

Have a listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRyA8bGoGBo
I wasn't talking about WEEI and I was not being specific about hockey talk. I was referring to sports talk in general and that no one should tune into the 98.5's morning zoo and expect good sports talk.

In general hockey talk on the two stations in town is mediocre at best.

Donnie Shulzhoffer is online now  
Old
06-26-2012, 02:37 PM
  #361
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards
 
GarbageGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,025
vCash: 500
Matt from Lowell: "The Red Sox can beat Tampa all day......if they go 18 for the next 20, they are in good shape."

Matt sounded in rough shape.

GarbageGoal is offline  
Old
06-26-2012, 02:45 PM
  #362
CamFan81
Derp
 
CamFan81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 18,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFromFranklin View Post
Couldn't the same thing be said about ANY WEEI program with regards to Bruins talk? Aside from Holley, not one person who is currently under contract with that station knows the difference between a hockey puck and a urinal cake.

Have a listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRyA8bGoGBo
yes?

CamFan81 is offline  
Old
06-26-2012, 03:13 PM
  #363
JiriSlegr71
Registered User
 
JiriSlegr71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
Don't forget you have a guy on WEEI at middays who openly prefaces everything with "I hate hockey".
mutt or merloni? i've never heard that and have heard them both talk bruins.

JiriSlegr71 is offline  
Old
06-26-2012, 03:21 PM
  #364
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiriSlegr71 View Post
mutt or merloni? i've never heard that and have heard them both talk bruins.
Mutt is the guy. He talks it now because he has to, but the years leading up to the cup win, he was very smarmy with callers who wanted to talk hockey. It's not surprising, since that entire station was that way, so what did people expect?

LSCII is online now  
Old
06-27-2012, 02:13 AM
  #365
doc5hole
Registered User
 
doc5hole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 4,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Mutt is the guy. He talks it now because he has to, but the years leading up to the cup win, he was very smarmy with callers who wanted to talk hockey. It's not surprising, since that entire station was that way, so what did people expect?
This is accurate.

doc5hole is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 08:00 AM
  #366
Therick67
Registered User
 
Therick67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: South of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 4,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Mutt is the guy. He talks it now because he has to, but the years leading up to the cup win, he was very smarmy with callers who wanted to talk hockey. It's not surprising, since that entire station was that way, so what did people expect?
I'd like to punch Mutt in the head. If you've ever seen him on NESN daily you know what I'm talking about, what a puke.

Therick67 is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 09:02 AM
  #367
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer
 
Bruinswillwin77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hooksett, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 4,783
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFromFranklin View Post
Couldn't the same thing be said about ANY WEEI program with regards to Bruins talk? Aside from Holley, not one person who is currently under contract with that station knows the difference between a hockey puck and a urinal cake.

Have a listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRyA8bGoGBo
Haha omg that was awful. What morons! I hope those retards watched this for themselves the night of June 15th, 2011.

Bruinswillwin77 is online now  
Old
06-27-2012, 09:16 AM
  #368
CamFan81
Derp
 
CamFan81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 18,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
I'd like to punch Mutt in the head. If you've ever seen him on NESN daily you know what I'm talking about, what a puke.
he looks like the type that walks up to the bar and orders an amstel light (sorry JohnnyB)

CamFan81 is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 09:29 AM
  #369
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
I'd like to punch Mutt in the head. If you've ever seen him on NESN daily you know what I'm talking about, what a puke.
I'll go one step further. I'd like to beat Mutt about the head and face with Gresh, hopefully rendering both unconscious. Those two are easily my least favorite hosts on either station. Both way to arrogant and full of themselves, while knowing very little. Just terrible.

LSCII is online now  
Old
06-27-2012, 09:35 AM
  #370
Donnie Shulzhoffer
Registered User
 
Donnie Shulzhoffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Foxboro, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
I'll go one step further. I'd like to beat Mutt about the head and face with Gresh, hopefully rendering both unconscious. Those two are easily my least favorite hosts on either station. Both way to arrogant and full of themselves, while knowing very little. Just terrible.
Gresh kills me. Gets his job because who he married and thinks he invented the NFL.

Donnie Shulzhoffer is online now  
Old
06-27-2012, 09:39 AM
  #371
Shaun
beauty
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,572
vCash: 500
I also want to add Meter to that list. A 40 year old flashboy who I would love to punch him in the face.

Shaun is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 09:39 AM
  #372
EverettMike
Registered User
 
EverettMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Everett, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 21,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
I'll go one step further. I'd like to beat Mutt about the head and face with Gresh, hopefully rendering both unconscious. Those two are easily my least favorite hosts on either station. Both way to arrogant and full of themselves, while knowing very little. Just terrible.
There was a time in this city when id only listen to sports talk from 10-2.

Not. Now.

EverettMike is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 09:50 AM
  #373
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
I also want to add Meter to that list. A 40 year old flashboy who I would love to punch him in the face.
Yeah, I have to agree about that call. Not a fan of JMP at all. Although one punch would probably fold that dude in half and end his life.

LSCII is online now  
Old
06-27-2012, 09:50 AM
  #374
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
There was a time in this city when id only listen to sports talk from 10-2.

Not. Now.
Dale and Holley-llama??

LSCII is online now  
Old
06-27-2012, 09:50 AM
  #375
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer View Post
Gresh kills me. Gets his job because who he married and thinks he invented the NFL.
Who did he marry?

Kate08 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.