Official Sports Radio Thread Part 7

Closed Thread

Old
07-26-2012, 04:24 PM
323 Krejci 7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I actually do care about other teams...especially when it comes to football and hockey.

The set up was extremely poor, so it made it seem like it was a random event. There was no tease, no lead in, no real rhyme or reason to it. Didn't seem like it was a part of a series where they were previewing the AFC East, or talking about rivals... Just "hey, we're going to talk to this dude from Buffalo that seems cranky about being on with us and only has a few minutes to spare".
not to nitpick but....they did announce they were going to do a rundown on the other AFC east teams and talk to someone from each team during training camp. It definitely wasnt the best interview but I didnt think it was that random.

Old
07-26-2012, 04:25 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 323 Krejci 7 View Post
not to nitpick but....they did announce they were going to do a rundown on the other AFC east teams and talk to someone from each team during training camp. It definitely wasnt the best interview but I didnt think it was that random.
When did they do that? Earlier in the show? I definitely didn't hear that, it must have been before I got in the car, which is why I thought the whole thing was so weird.

Old
07-26-2012, 04:30 PM
323 Krejci 7

Quote:
When did they do that? Earlier in the show? I definitely didn't hear that, it must have been before I got in the car, which is why I thought the whole thing was so weird.
yeah they mentioned it earlier in the morning, i dont know the exact time - but yeah I can see why you would have thought it was weird if you didnt know it was coming haha. def. a pretty crappy interview and the guy did seem pretty cranky lol

Old
07-26-2012, 04:39 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by 323 Krejci 7 View Post
That's one of the issues I have with local sports radio. It's too provincial because the "fans" in this town don't care about other teams or players if they're not from Boston. I personally think doing a training camp run down of all the teams in the AFC East is a welcome thing. Far more interesting than more ask a pink hat bits or T&R going on and on about how stupid Gronk is. But that's just me.

Old
07-26-2012, 06:54 PM
MattFromFranklin

Is doing drugs a requirement to be able to call into the "Planet Mikey Show"? Good lord, it seems as if every other caller is high.

Old
07-26-2012, 09:25 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFromFranklin View Post
Is doing drugs a requirement to be able to call into the "Planet Mikey Show"? Good lord, it seems as if every other caller is high.
Being high is likely the only way to enjoy anything with Mike Adams.

Old
07-26-2012, 09:31 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFromFranklin View Post
What's wrong with that?

Old
07-27-2012, 09:10 AM
08SeaBass08
Lucic and Chong

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
Being high is likely the only way to enjoy anything with Mike Adams.
Listening to Mike Adams would instantly eliminate any pleasure one was deriving previously. For that matter, so would Gresh, Sheppard and Eddie A.

It might make Ted Sarandis entertaining, however.

Old
07-27-2012, 09:18 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

How does Mike Adams still have a job?

Old
07-27-2012, 09:18 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SeaBass08 View Post
Listening to Mike Adams would instantly eliminate any pleasure one was deriving previously. For that matter, so would Gresh, Sheppard and Eddie A.

It might make Ted Sarandis entertaining, however.
Worst. Radio. Host. Ever.

Old
07-27-2012, 09:31 AM
08SeaBass08
Lucic and Chong

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
I am shocked, SHOCKED, you feel this way.

Old
07-27-2012, 09:33 AM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
Goes right next to his award for Worst. College. Basketball. Play-By-Play. Guy. Ever.

Old
07-27-2012, 09:34 AM
Donnie Shulzhoffer

Quote:
"I apologize a thousand times to you! I...MISS...SPOKE!"

Old
07-27-2012, 09:40 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

I love all the hate for Teddy. Is there a more condescending asshat on radio today? Even Gresh doesn't annoy me as much as that clown.

Old
07-27-2012, 09:40 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Goes right next to his award for Worst. College. Basketball. Play-By-Play. Guy. Ever.
Exactly. Just. Terrible.

Old
07-27-2012, 09:41 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
How does Mike Adams still have a job?
When the competition is DA? I imagine it's pretty easy.

I can't take Adams for long stretches, but he is one of the quickest guys out there. I had a friend in the Red Sox press booth who was there when the Ted Williams frozen head story first came out. He said that immediately upon hearing it Adams turned to the rest of the media and said, "There's no cryogenics in baseball."

Old
07-27-2012, 09:43 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
When the competition is DA? I imagine it's pretty easy.

I can't take Adams for long stretches, but he is one of the quickest guys out there. I had a friend in the Red Sox press booth who was there when the Ted Williams frozen head story first came out. He said that immediately upon hearing it Adams turned to the rest of the media and said, "There's no cryogenics in baseball."
Yikes, what's your beef with DA? He's one of, if not the best that station has to offer IMO.

Old
07-27-2012, 09:46 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Yikes, what's your beef with DA? He's one of, if not the best that station has to offer IMO.
Different tastes I guess. Other than F&M I can't listen to anyone on that station (other than Flynn, Gino and Gil and Goucher and Beers)

Last edited by Dr Quincy: 07-27-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old
07-27-2012, 09:49 AM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
Exactly. Just. Terrible.
I'll never forget when BC made another one of their quick exits from the tourney, he actually advocated that "neutral" fans be banned from the building because they were rooting for the underdog (not BC) and ruining everything and it was unfair to the Eagles. I'm serious.

Old
07-27-2012, 09:51 AM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
I get people being annoyed by DA. He's a little too Jim Rome at times in his cadence. Dramatic pause.

Also, enough with the sound effects. I remember playing Nintendo in 1988 too, Damon.

Old
07-27-2012, 09:55 AM
hoss75

Quote:
I'll never forget when BC made another one of their quick exits from the tourney, he actually advocated that "neutral" fans be banned from the building because they were rooting for the underdog (not BC) and ruining everything and it was unfair to the Eagles. I'm serious.
What!?!?! That doesn't sound like it could be real..... Well maybe not given the person.

Old
07-27-2012, 09:57 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Yeah, he's so out of touch that he needs to be punched in the throat. Like when he called for fans watching the world cup soccer games at home to phone ABC and complain about the sound those vuvuzelas were making that the fans in attendance were blowing during the matches. Have you ever seen a real soccer match Ted? I hate the sport yet even I knew the crowds make a lot of noise, blow horns, and sing songs.

Old
07-27-2012, 09:57 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I get people being annoyed by DA. He's a little too Jim Rome at times in his cadence. Dramatic pause.

Also, enough with the sound effects. I remember playing Nintendo in 1988 too, Damon.
I guess I can see it. To me though, he bridges that gap between super serious sports guy that knows what he's talking about but is so dull that you can't stand listening to him, and the crazy over the top guys who are just looking for ratings and to be "fun".

I think I'm also partial to him because I listen to him on the way home from Bruins games, so I associate him with hockey talk.

Old
07-27-2012, 11:32 AM
the overrated
wicked overrated

My TV was on NESN when I turned it on this morning, and I was lucky enough to catch Callahan saying that "men would be watching baseball tonight" while, evidently, women would be more interested in the opening of the Summer Olympics.

As a male that doesn't care at all about baseball, it was funny to hear him paint the difference as a gender thing instead of, y'know, a personal preference. It was also funny to hear a guy that allegedly covers sports for a living admit to being so apathetic about one of the larger events on the sports calendar.

Closed Thread