Closed Thread

Old
07-27-2012, 01:43 PM
the overrated
wicked overrated

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
I can't speak for all men or any women, but seriously, what is interesting about the opening ceremony, and what exactly is "sports"-like about it? I mean, I know the actual competition is sports, and I'll watch a lot of that, be a parade and fashion show?

No thanks.

Reminds me of when I was in college and a good number of female friends (and no male friends that I remember) used to go to the football games to watch the 1/2 time show.
My point wasn't that people would be/should be gathered around their TVs and watching the Olympians as they walked through the stadium; it was that it was idiotic of him to say that one was for "men", directly implying that it's a gender-thing.

I know a lot of females that are diehard baseball fans, and a lot of men (me included) that couldn't even pretend to care about the sport. To say that the women would be watching the opening ceremonies while the men would be watching baseball is laughable and lazy.

Old
07-27-2012, 01:45 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by the overrated View Post
My point wasn't that people would be/should be gathered around their TVs and watching the Olympians as they walked through the stadium; it was that it was idiotic of him to say that one was for "men", directly implying that it's a gender-thing.

I know a lot of females that are diehard baseball fans, and a lot of men (me included) that couldn't even pretend to care about the sport. To say that the women would be watching the opening ceremonies while the men would be watching baseball is laughable and lazy.
What choo talkin bout?

I'll be watching the opening ceremonies from the kitchen, barefoot and pregnant, preparing my man his dinner!

I know my role.

Old
07-27-2012, 01:48 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
What choo talkin bout?

I'll be watching the opening ceremonies from the kitchen, barefoot and pregnant, preparing my man his dinner!

I know my role.
Damn.

Right.

Old
07-27-2012, 01:49 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
What choo talkin bout?

I know my role.
This one gets it.

(Why can't you wear shoes?)

Old
07-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Donnie Shulzhoffer
Rocket Surgery

Quote:
What choo talkin bout?

I know my role.
You know why women don't wear watches? Because there is a clock on the stove.

Heeeeeeyyyyyyyyoohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Old
07-27-2012, 01:57 PM
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator

Quote:
What choo talkin bout?

I know my role.
for a second i thought my wife made an account here

I kid...

Old
07-27-2012, 03:10 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:

Oh believe me, I'm with you 100% about not watching baseball. Just trying to wait another week or 2 for Pats exhibition games to start.

Old
07-27-2012, 03:32 PM
MattFromFranklin
Bring Back Gorton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Callahan said something sexist, and doesn't care about international sports? I'm shocked, shocked!

Lol! Nothing he says shocks me anymore. Remember when he said more people in New England like NASCAR than hockey?

Old
07-27-2012, 03:36 PM
the overrated
wicked overrated

Quote:
What choo talkin bout?

I know my role.
<golf clap> ... well played, Kate!

Old
07-27-2012, 03:58 PM
GarbageGoal
Frozen 4 Friars!!!!!

Quote:
It was also funny to hear a guy that allegedly covers sports for a living admit to being so apathetic about one of the larger events on the sports calendar.
It's also funny coming from a guy who spends more time watching Bill O'Reilly than actual games to prepare for his "sports" show.

Old
07-27-2012, 04:26 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFromFranklin View Post
Lol! Nothing he says shocks me anymore. Remember when he said more people in New England like NASCAR than hockey?
No, actually. I try to avoid listening to him. Turned on the radio this morning in the car and couldn't turn it to music fast enough when I heard him ranting about the Chick-fil-A guy.

The Olympics feature a lot of women's competitions, a bunch of damn furriners and "unmanly" sports like gymnastics and soccer. I'm sure Callahan will avoid them like the plague.

Old
07-27-2012, 04:55 PM
GordonHowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
I get people being annoyed by DA. He's a little too Jim Rome at times in his cadence. Dramatic pause.

Also, enough with the sound effects. I remember playing Nintendo in 1988 too, Damon.
Only listen to F&M. DA is okay -- at least he has the Hockey Show & talks the game regularly (during the season, anyway). And too, it's much harder to do a four hour sports show by youself.

Not in radio but whatever you think of any of these guys, that job is not easy. F&M have to bring energy to their show day in and day out, week in and week out. It's demanding & exhausting. Those guys bring it, too. They are miles better than the unlistenable Gresh & Zoe (Zoe I don't mind so much, cement-head though he may appear. If I never hear Andy Gresh again, it will be too soon. "Beersie." "Gauch." UGH!).

Old
07-27-2012, 06:33 PM
08SeaBass08
Lucic and Chong

Quote:
Good grief, that's hilarious.

I've actually enjoyed their talks with Andrew Ference because they ask such dumb/offensive questions and he's so cool/polite about it. Andy would make a great diplomat. He's mastered the art of the subtle insult so perfectly that they don't even realize they've been insulted.
It shouldn't be that difficult for Andy to pull off. He is significantly more intelligent than the sum of the two.

Old
07-27-2012, 07:32 PM
GordonHowe

Just for Fun

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...3237--nhl.html

Courtesy Puck Daddy (no, I don't work for them, but intelligent, medium-snark content. Worth the read, like Mr. Mand's group at http://thehockeywriters.com/

Old
07-31-2012, 12:19 AM
MattFromFranklin
Bring Back Gorton

Quote:
No, actually. I try to avoid listening to him. Turned on the radio this morning in the car and couldn't turn it to music fast enough when I heard him ranting about the Chick-fil-A guy.

The Olympics feature a lot of women's competitions, a bunch of damn furriners and "unmanly" sports like gymnastics and soccer. I'm sure Callahan will avoid them like the plague.
http://www.nesn.com/2011/06/gerry-ca...nce-video.html

Can't find the clip of him making the NASCAR comment, but this guy happened to remember it.

Old
07-31-2012, 06:34 AM
GoBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonHowe View Post
Only listen to F&M. DA is okay -- at least he has the Hockey Show & talks the game regularly (during the season, anyway). And too, it's much harder to do a four hour sports show by youself.

Not in radio but whatever you think of any of these guys, that job is not easy. F&M have to bring energy to their show day in and day out, week in and week out. It's demanding & exhausting. Those guys bring it, too. They are miles better than the unlistenable Gresh & Zoe (Zoe I don't mind so much, cement-head though he may appear. If I never hear Andy Gresh again, it will be too soon. "Beersie." "Gauch." UGH!).

I used to listen to Felger every day. Then he stopped talking hockey, and his always negative ill informed schtick got old after about a year of listening.

Old
07-31-2012, 08:44 AM
Hnidy Hnight

Missed yesterdays show. Did Felger address the shark bite that happened off Cape Cod? He predicted that was going to happen less then two weeks ago

Old
07-31-2012, 12:09 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Ron & Anthony Show

Today's round of 98 Mile was tough. I'm leaning towards Rich, though.

Old
07-31-2012, 12:16 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
Missed yesterdays show. Did Felger address the shark bite that happened off Cape Cod? He predicted that was going to happen less then two weeks ago
Yes he talked about it. They did a "breaking news" segment on it and it was pretty funny. They also talked about how dumb the guy was for being out that far. Overall it was amusing. Much better than his solar flare rants or grid going down talk.

Old
07-31-2012, 12:19 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

DA sucked in 98 Mile today. I was disappointed.

Old
07-31-2012, 12:21 PM
EverettMike

Bruce Allen‏@bruceallen

Heard this. RT @HunterFelt: Gerry Callahan doesn't understand a tweet saying "All South Koreans are mentally challenged r-words" is racist.

Old
07-31-2012, 12:22 PM
EverettMike

Bruce Allen‏@bruceallen

Loathsome RT @jose_gill: They also joked about an African basketball team playing in sandals & "Patriots 2012 Super Bowl Champions" t shirts

Old
07-31-2012, 12:25 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Callahan is such a ****ing donkey.

Old
07-31-2012, 12:28 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Gresh & Zo are talking about the Olympics, and Gresh is talking about how amazing the gymnasts are....and then started talking about walking on a 2.5 inch balance beam.

The thought of Gresh walking on a balance beam gives me a hysterical and disturbing mental picture.

Old
07-31-2012, 12:30 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Gresh & Zo are talking about the Olympics, and Gresh is talking about how amazing the gymnasts are....and then started talking about walking on a 2.5 inch balance beam.

The thought of Gresh walking :deleted: gives me a hysterical and disturbing mental picture.
Fixed.

Closed Thread