chippa13*

vCash: 500
edes has always been a big ******. big timing people for years

Old
09-13-2012, 09:47 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

That sportstalkmike or sportstalksteve or whatever the eff his name is....what a clown.

Old
09-13-2012, 11:32 AM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
That sportstalkmike or sportstalksteve or whatever the eff his name is....what a clown.
Yeah, but Fred ripping into him this morning was comical

Old
09-13-2012, 11:49 AM
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist

All you are a bunch of yahooosss. The splicing of sportstalkdouche and felger saying it was simply hilarious.

Old
09-16-2012, 10:34 PM
rkhum

Any Bruin talk or very little, if any?

Old
09-16-2012, 10:46 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doakes View Post
Any Bruin talk or very little, if any?
I listed to WEEI last week when they signed Seguin and the lockout approached. The talk was all Red Sox and Patriots. About five minutes, if that, when the Seguin signing was announced.

Pathetic, really. Where's Jack Edwards? Andy Brickley? Barry Pederson? I actually am not that enamored of listening to bozos like Mutnansky or Ordway pontificate on the lockout, but can't they get a guest on for a least a little while, instead of ignoring the sport completely?

Old
09-16-2012, 10:50 PM
GarbageGoal
AKA Section109

There was some talk yesterday....some guy called Troup and the other dude with him to scream that Lucic stunk and was a goon who wouldn't make his rec league team. A real high water mark for this summer.....

Old
09-17-2012, 01:30 AM
MattFromFranklin
#FireSweeneyandNeely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I listed to WEEI last week when they signed Seguin and the lockout approached. The talk was all Red Sox and Patriots. About five minutes, if that, when the Seguin signing was announced.

Pathetic, really. Where's Jack Edwards? Andy Brickley? Barry Pederson? I actually am not that enamored of listening to bozos like Mutnansky or Ordway pontificate on the lockout, but can't they get a guest on for a least a little while, instead of ignoring the sport completely?
This might just be me, considering I don't like 'EEI, but I really think guys like Ordway, Adams, Callahan, and Dennis are happy there is a lockout. It'll save them the embarrassment of trying to talk about a sport that they know nothing about, much less the difference between a puck and a urinal cake.

Agree with your last point. But I think it's pretty clear what 'EEI's stance is on the Bruins, and hockey in general, they just don't care. What's funny is you have a guy like Mike Adams who says he loves hockey in response to people who call in, telling him he knows nothing about it, yet he never mentions the word "Bruins" in a sentence until the playoffs start.

Think about this: The Redsox very likely could be irrelevant for the next 2-3 years, and when Jet, Pierce, and KG hang 'em up in 3 years, or become complete shells of their former selves and the team is nothing more than a #3-#6 seed that can't realistically win a title, what will they have to talk about? The only 2 teams that would be relevant, with regards to actually having a chance to win a championship, 98.5 will be the flagship station for.

Last edited by MattFromFranklin: 09-17-2012 at 01:35 AM.
Old
09-18-2012, 12:24 PM
GarbageGoal
AKA Section109

To be fair, Mikey Adams is like that with every team. His entire take on local sports is based on whether the home team won their last game or not. By far the laziest sports talk host ever.

Old
09-18-2012, 02:08 PM
Shaun

http://www.entercom.com/newsPage.php?id=519

Quote:
BOSTON, MA - Entercom Boston and ESPN Radio today announced that starting on Friday, October 5, WEEI will split its AM/FM simulcast and begin broadcasting ESPN Radio on 850 AM. "ESPN on WEEI" will air ESPN's entire national lineup, including the entire upcoming Major League Baseball postseason schedule, the NBA, and college football and college basketball. ESPN Radio on 850 AM will debut with Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic, of "Mike and Mike in the Morning," broadcasting live from Foxboro's Gillette Stadium beginning at 6 a.m. ET on October 5.

Old
09-18-2012, 02:35 PM
GarbageGoal
AKA Section109

Wow. Might actually listen to 850 so I can hear some baseball. It's rare to find the post season non-local games around here.

Old
09-18-2012, 05:58 PM
GordonHowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
just listened to the Toucher and Rich rant from this morning...http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/09/1...bby-valentine/

never been a big fan but that was fan-TAS-tic radio. The fossilized remains of old school local media had that coming.
Finally listened to this online. Richly deserved.

Old
09-19-2012, 01:00 PM
MattFromFranklin
#FireSweeneyandNeely

Really looking forward to what Felger has to say in response to the report that came out on Gresh & Zo that Brian Waters turned down a significant pay raise. Last week he absolutely went off on the ownership for being cheap after they allegedly wanted him to take a pay cut.

Old
09-20-2012, 10:18 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

AFAIK, eei hasn't said one word about the lockout, or anything about players going overseas, including the Bruins. Now they're talking UFC. Pathetic.

Old
09-20-2012, 10:33 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFromFranklin View Post
Really looking forward to what Felger has to say in response to the report that came out on Gresh & Zo that Brian Waters turned down a significant pay raise. Last week he absolutely went off on the ownership for being cheap after they allegedly wanted him to take a pay cut.
You do realize that the story is being floated by the Pats FO, right? It doesn't mean it's accurate. They can say they offered him anything they want, but if the amount was tied to bonuses that weren't attainable, it doesn't really make it a true $4 Mill per. Why would they even try to reduce his base and go game to game and tie the money to playing time anyways? The dude rarely misses time, so what gives? It's silly.

He may not have been all that interested in playing here because it was far away from his family, but I'm sure having the FO ask you to take less guaranteed money on the chance you'll get more was a huge incentive to come back, right? Does that make logical sense to do to a pro bowl caliber lineman? Think of it this way. Hernandez just signed an extension, and now he's hurt because Edleman rolled over his legs when he was blocking. If he'd have done a lower base and taken a deal like Waters was offered, he'd be screwing himself out of a ton of dough. So why would or should Waters do take that risk on, especially when he's coming off a pro bowl season?

Old
09-20-2012, 10:54 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

The Bernard Pollard interview this morning on T&R was excellent, IMO. Made me despise him a little less.

Humanizing the beast, if you will.

Old
09-20-2012, 11:16 AM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
The Bernard Pollard interview this morning on T&R was excellent, IMO. Made me despise him a little less.

Humanizing the beast, if you will.
Have no clue who he is outside of what was said about him during the segment, but that was easily one of the best interviews (or "enterviews") that T&R have done since switching to 98.5

Old
09-20-2012, 11:30 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Have no clue who he is outside of what was said about him during the segment, but that was easily one of the best interviews (or "enterviews") that T&R have done since switching to 98.5
He's on the Raven's, and is the guy who rolled over Gronk's ankle in the playoffs last year, and was running with Welker a couple years back when he tore his ACL, and hit Brady causing his ACL tear when he was on the Chiefs a few years back.

Old
09-20-2012, 11:46 AM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
He's on the Raven's, and is the guy who rolled over Gronk's ankle in the playoffs last year, and was running with Welker a couple years back when he tore his ACL, and hit Brady causing his ACL tear when he was on the Chiefs a few years back.
Oh they were sure to bring all those things up as they were speaking with him Several callers did too

Old
09-20-2012, 12:20 PM
MattFromFranklin
#FireSweeneyandNeely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
AFAIK, eei hasn't said one word about the lockout, or anything about players going overseas, including the Bruins. Now they're talking UFC. Pathetic.
That kinda says it all right there...The Bruins could win the next 4 Stanley Cups, and as soon as the playoffs end, they wouldn't say a single word about the team...unless, perhaps, if Dale filled in for D&C in the morning.

Old
09-20-2012, 12:37 PM
Hnidy Hnight

I hope the NHL stays irrelevant on the airwaves until a cba is reached. They don't deserve the air time over the NFL, which cares enough about its fans and sponsers to dodge a lockout and miss games

Old
09-20-2012, 12:39 PM
323 Krejci 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
I'm glad someone else notices that Fred always says "enterview" instead of interview. I dont know why but it really bothers me when he says it

Old
09-20-2012, 01:09 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

There is no 't'. It's 'ennerview', and it drives me INSANE.

Old
09-20-2012, 01:10 PM
GordonHowe

Lockout talk on F&M.

Closed Thread